The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

One for the future no doubt, but is that really our priority right now?

What we desperately need is players who will hit the ground running and immediately improve our first team.

I'm really not convinced a 16 year-old from Motherwell fits that description, no matter how highly rated he is.

What we desperately need is players who will hit the ground running and immediately improve our first team.

I'm really not convinced a 16 year-old from Motherwell fits that description, no matter how highly rated he is.

As you say, a totally different scenario really. I've got zero problems with it though.

More of an academy signing which I always like.

Appreciate that Mike but it frustrates me that the same old ****s are allowed to troll away at their leisure. Many of them proven bull****ters who continue to spread muck under different personas.

Brings a good community down mate

The difference here I think is that the players they mention have all been linked, albeit through gossip type sites etc, so is it really trolling? I get your point though.

Good stats

ae08daccd512e30b51ab853a2aeb97b3.jpg

Dembele is class, he is a rare player because he is one of those deep midfielders that can break out from a press with his dribbling ability and strength, those sort of players are tough to find and are hugely valuable to teams set up like ours. Keita basically did that role for Leipzig under Ralf and those sort of players start counters because they win the ball back deep and then break out from the counter press to start attacks.

Just shame his body is probably not quite up to it anymore but a massively under rated player I think.

Don't think there is much issue, its probably not even the main scouting team doing it, probably being overseen by the academy people, the up front fee, wages etc. are probably not going to have any impact on first team signings. Just because we are in a bit of mess now doesn't mean we shouldn't be still building for the future, if there are highly rated young kids out there that we can identify and poach, its a way of helping us compete with the big boys.

If Cedric does go, we need a new first choice right back. No disrespect to Valery or Ramsey but I'd crap myself if we were to rely on them for the rest of the season.

I still hope our business reads:

RB in - Cedric out

CB in - Hoedt out

Striker in - Gabbiadini out

Winger/attacking midfielder with pace in.

Forster out.

Too much business to do in January?

If Cedric does go, we need a new first choice right back. No disrespect to Valery or Ramsey but I'd crap myself if we were to rely on them for the rest of the season.

I still hope our business reads:

RB in - Cedric out

CB in - Hoedt out

Striker in - Gabbiadini out

Winger/attacking midfielder with pace in.

Forster out.

Too much business to do in January?

I think we will only see a couple come in. Don't really have the time/resources to re-fit the squad in this window IMO.

That *might* change if we shift out Cedric etc but seems risky to me.

Ok I promised Info if we won

I have now received Lookman rumours constant since Ralph took over - can’t see it myself

Now I have also been told we will only make one loan signing this window, unless we can cash in on Forster and/or Hoedt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have now received Lookman rumours constant since Ralph took over - can’t see it myself

Now I have also been told we will only make one loan signing this window, unless we can cash in on Forster and/or Hoedt.

You are a total mess, attention seeking mess!

Drinkwater - In

Poulson - In

Mccarthy - Out

Cedric - Out

One day some of your sh.ite might stick.

Advice Cabbage, go and have a drink and celebrate a great win.

Thanks pal - you’re doing a great service for those of us who are in the dark. Keep the insights and rumours coming.

You are a total mess, attention seeking mess!

Drinkwater - In

Poulson - In

Mccarthy - Out

Cedric - Out

One day some of your sh.ite might stick.

Advice Cabbage, go and have a drink and celebrate a great win.

Davis and Gabbi stuck. Holla if you want some info into your dms.

Just remember it’s “info” not gospel. If you want the real juicy itk knowledge wait for Guan and K Billy.

Lookman on loan with an agreed fee end of season, if that was the only in, with some of the others out, I think that would be pretty decent.

I think we have shown today the squad is nowhere near as bad as it looked under the previous managers, almost everyone in the squad has raised their game.

We probably had 5 guaranteed first teamers out today and still won. One good signing could be enough I reckon, like Ralf says to me it seems pointless to sign someone unless they are a long term improvement.

Not sure centre-back is a massive priority at the moment, would rather see someone in the attacking sense if we are going to make just one signing.

Bednerak & Vestergaard have shown a new level since Ralf took over and Stephens/Yoshida have also been fairly solid. I suppose we are only a couple of injuries from Hoedt but still I think we'd be more in trouble if Redmond went down.

In the summer yes, especially if we are going 3 CBs long term or Ralf has worries about our current ones in a two, but if funds are tight go for attacker IMO. I mean I watched Watford on MOTD and realised they are 'best of the rest' with a centre back pairing of Mariapa and Cathcart, who are average players at best

Stuart McKinstry - according to my Scottish mate. Leeds were in for him so don't know how true but the kid seems to fit RH style.

The Vermaelen link I mentioned the other day still won't go away (although doesn't fit with RH presser about for the future).

Stuart McKinstry - according to my Scottish mate. Leeds were in for him so don't know how true but the kid seems to fit RH style.

The Vermaelen link I mentioned the other day still won't go away (although doesn't fit with RH presser about for the future).

Vermaelen on loan is the backup option for if our first choice CB doesn't come off.

Nixon reckons we are looking at Mepham from Brentford (a CB) as the player in Germany is not progressing

Name rings a bell. Think Bournemouth have been after him.

Scouting report: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5423639/amp/Brentfords-Chris-Mepham-modern-day-physical-defender.html

Brentford have some good players. I like Ollie Watkins too.

Edited by SuperSAINT

SOUTHAMPTON. Late interest in Mepham at BRENTFORD for centre half vacancy. Cost big money. Also looking to loan out Forster but still asking 60 a week for the privilege.

Quick flick through the Brentford forum. Seems he's highly rated but prone to big errors..

The sides form has improved since he's recently been left out it seems

Im thinking if you're not a first choice CB for Brentford, can you realistically step up to the prem?

According to The Sun we’re interested in Ryan Fraser...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8180291/bournemouth-david-brooks-new-deal-manchester-united-tottenham/

Also interesting re: Everton/Ryan Fraser:

@reluctantnicko: EVERTON. Very keen on Ryan Fraser at BOURNEMOUTH. Ideal replacement if Lookman goes.

Quick flick through the Brentford forum. Seems he's highly rated but prone to big errors..

The sides form has improved since he's recently been left out it seems

Im thinking if you're not a first choice CB for Brentford, can you realistically step up to the prem?

Vestergaard, Bednarek, Romeu Redmond and Long haven't improved under new manager have they. So several clubs being interested all must be wrong....if clubs listened to forums ....well they may learn how to b/s and lay bets.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Vestergaard, Bednarek, Romeu Redmond and Long haven't improved under new manager have they. So several clubs being interested all must be wrong....if clubs listened to forums ....well they may learn how to b/s and lay bets.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Relax Ron. Not writing the boy off, just doing some light research.

Have never seen him play, so only have the opinion of others just now.

Seriously do we really need anyone other than a striker?

RH can coach average players which we already have and plenty of them too.

Wait till the summer and get rid of those he wants out and replace with who he likes in.

Edited by Pilchards

How about Giroud, he loves scoring at SMS

would not fit Ralph's stylee.

you can tell what he wants is just speed everywhere in the front 4 attacking spots- he had that at Leipzig with Werner, Poulsen, Bruma, and a really good playmaker in Forsberg. and rightly so!

all the best attacking players in the world have some sort of speed and pace except the odd one/two target men like Kane and Cavani- and don't get me wrong they aren't that slow either.

if we were going to only buy 1 player, then id rather we went and bought another redmond type winger but can play up front too if needed.

Edited by nta786

Good shout nick. Either Giroud from Chelsea or Aubameyang from Arsenal
Giroud should be a bargain as he is not rated by Sarri, it was only tongue in cheek as the club want to spend little IMO, and also are again looking for promise not established