Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Adkins to Huddersfield


  1. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,550

    Default

    Good luck Atkin’s.

  2. #3

    Default

    Big job to turn them around but he did well at Hull so fingers crossed.

  3. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Good luck Atkin’s.
    This. Good luck N'igél

  4. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Good luck, I hope you do well.

    He deserves it.

  5. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    He's probly the sole ex-gaffer I don't dislike,

  6. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Good luck Atkin’s.
    Very droll, the old 'uns are the best...!

  7. #8

    Default


  8. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    3,159
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think that is a great job for him to be honest. Could be a very good fit there.

    Hope he does well and we get to see him in the away dugout at SMS at some point in the not to distant future.

  9. #10

    Default

    Sure he’ll bring some good people into the building.

  10. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Up where we belong
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBizzier69 View Post
    Sure he’ll bring some good people into the building.
    Gary Monk

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Box View Post
    Gary Monk
    Only when they are playing Sheffield Wednesday. He's their new manager.

  12. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint86;2759280[B
    ]I think that is a great job for him to be honest. Could be a very good fit there.[/B]

    Hope he does well and we get to see him in the away dugout at SMS at some point in the not to distant future.
    Not sure. I feel sorry for Adkins in that he has taken a few 'basket case' jobs since leaving us: Reading (in a financial and ownership state whilst he was there), and Hull who he turned round reasonably well with limited resources. Wonder if Huddersfield are better resourced than Hull despite the parachute payments.

    His time at Sheff Utd was a poor return, especially when you see what Wilder has done there since.

    Hope Huddersfield turns out well for him if he does go there though.

  13. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,562
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not sure. I feel sorry for Adkins in that he has taken a few 'basket case' jobs since leaving us: Reading (in a financial and ownership state whilst he was there), and Hull who he turned round reasonably well with limited resources. Wonder if Huddersfield are better resourced than Hull despite the parachute payments.

    His time at Sheff Utd was a poor return, especially when you see what Wilder has done there since.

    Hope Huddersfield turns out well for him if he does go there though.
    What are the odds on Paddy Power? Hope he really checks them out, they do have the ability to become the next basket case club. Really do hope he can get a decent job, he deserves it for being one of the most decent blokes out there, sadly these days that doesn't count for much.

  14. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Up where we belong
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    Only when they are playing Sheffield Wednesday. He's their new manager.
    oops, another brain fart, must try harder. Mind you, they are both in Yorkshire.

  15. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz View Post
    He's probly the sole ex-gaffer I don't dislike,
    Why do you dislike...?

    Strachan
    Jones
    Merrington
    Nicholl
    McMenemy

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Why do you dislike...?

    Strachan
    Jones
    Merrington
    Nicholl
    McMenemy
    Why do you dislike Ted Bates?

  17. #18

    Default

    Huddersfield close to appointing Danny Cowley, the Lincoln City boss:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49634696

    Not sure if Adkins missed out or he didn't fancy the role?

  18. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    @matsmithdesign
    Posts
    2,682

    Default

    Confirmed the Cowley bros on SSN now

  19. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattio View Post
    Confirmed the Cowley bros on SSN now
    Odd decision as they were treated as Gods among men at Lincoln.

    Does Hudderfield really offer them a step up?..

    "Having approached Lincoln City and gained permission to speak to the Cowleys, they initially decided they wanted to continue the superb job they had done at that club and turned down the opportunity to discuss our job,"

    ... I think they should have trusted their initial gut feeling.

  20. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
    Odd decision as they were treated as Gods among men at Lincoln.

    Does Hudderfield really offer them a step up?..

    "Having approached Lincoln City and gained permission to speak to the Cowleys, they initially decided they wanted to continue the superb job they had done at that club and turned down the opportunity to discuss our job,"

    ... I think they should have trusted their initial gut feeling.
    Suspect more ££ helped.

  21. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Suspect more ££ helped.
    Given there are only 6 places between Huddersfield and Lincoln on the league ladder I suspect that’s the reason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •