Would you care if we got relegated?

benjii

Why the **** would anyone in their right mind want the Club to get relegated? ****ing losers.

They don't. People just say that to save face when it happens. It's quite a childlike logic but we all probably do it in various aspects of life. Like "Fine, I didn't want that toy anyway...SO THERE!!!"

As I've said previously in this post, there would be positives to being relegated however, overall it would NOT be a good thing.

Of course I care that we're going down this season. Who the f wouldn't be? It's how be bounce back next season that's the important thing. However with Gao in charge we could be looking at decades in the lower leagues.

Let's enjoy this last season in the Prem whilst we can.

:lol: Just like last year, eh?

With Man City already having won the league, the only other two places left to play for this season as the other 2 relegation spots. I think Hudders and Cardiff will take those.

People looking at our relegation as a negative though, whereas I think we should be a lot more positive about it. Knowing early lets us properly plan for next season. Let's enjoy this season for what it now is, a chance to restore some pride. Sink with grace and you're far more likely to bounce back up in the coming years IMO. Fight it at your peril.

I can understand why people who live in remote countries wouldn’t want us to get relegated.....

Nothing to do with anything other than actually wanting a club to support. Relegation would be an complete disaster and history proves that.

Nothing to do with anything other than actually wanting a club to support. Relegation would be an complete disaster and history proves that.

really in what way does history proves it would be a disaster? There are plenty of different scenarios with relegation some clubs like West Brom, Norwich and Newcastle have bounced between the two leagues for years seemingly with out to much ill effect. On the other you have Leeds, Sunderland and Bolton none of which have had great years since relegation but all of those clubs are still going (Bolton by the skin of there teeth). Not many teams disappear altogether we survived admin, Leeds did hell the blue few down the road survived several. Relegation might not lead to more fun in the lower leagues but it certainly doesn't automatically mean administration.

I fell in love with the game and Saints again when we were in league 1 and I took my daughter so she could see saints before they no longer existed. That did all change, as we know, and coming back up we had some good times, and enjoyed it.

Now, if we go down, at least we'll be able to go into the season and think we could win this league, or come top three. Here, if we make it into next season in the premier is all we can hope for.

We were saved by Marcus before we’d kicked a ball in league one so that’s bull****.

really in what way does history proves it would be a disaster? There are plenty of different scenarios with relegation some clubs like West Brom, Norwich and Newcastle have bounced between the two leagues for years seemingly with out to much ill effect. On the other you have Leeds, Sunderland and Bolton none of which have had great years since relegation but all of those clubs are still going (Bolton by the skin of there teeth). Not many teams disappear altogether we survived admin, Leeds did hell the blue few down the road survived several. Relegation might not lead to more fun in the lower leagues but it certainly doesn't automatically mean administration.

'The club will continue to exist' is a pretty low bar.

'The club will continue to exist' is a pretty low bar.
My answer though was specifically aimed at

"Nothing to do with anything other than actually wanting a club to support."

So I think the point stands relegation doesn't automatically mean the end of a club.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

interesting chat on the radio earlier, with someone who is writing a book on football economics and the hosts of a Podcast called - "the price of football"

confirmed my belief that I no longer care if we are in the premier league or not.

more likely rather be out of it and it is a pointless shyt-show

The question was, "would you care?", not, "do you want?".

RTFQ.

I did read the "****ing question" Benni. I wasn't commenting on the "****ing question", but the posts that say we need to go down (e.g. #5). In this context the post states we need to go down in order for us to get better, not to survive, which is what a need is. Therefore it is a want, explicitly expressed or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it bad that I just don't care anymore. I don't watch any football anymore - the game has become so money orientated and boring.

Just fallen out of love.

Same as you.

I was totally gutted in 2005. Now, meh.

The league itself is awful and our club deserve relegation more than most others in this league. We are a dog shyt premier league side and club.

Is it bad that I just don't care anymore. I don't watch any football anymore - the game has become so money orientated and boring.

Just fallen out of love.

Same as this! I'm not watching, I'm only here to see the drama unfold. I despise football at the top flight and very much looking forward to the rugby tomorrow.

I am now at the stage that I couldn’t care less. Moved to Southampton because I supported them, had a season ticket for many years but don’t get to go anymore. Living in the West Country, I’m now more of a Chief than a Saint. Better game, better fans, better atmosphere. Sad but football is no longer the game I grew up loving. It’s now just money and mercenaries, and a bit of racism too.

If I'm honest, I think it's getting to the stage where it NEEDS to happen. We need some sort of 'flush', although given the amazing work done by our recruitment team re: contracts, that's probably impossible too.

It’s much much easier to flush out the sh!t if we have the Prem money going through the club. Getting relegated doesn’t make the wages go away, anyone half decent will go for a song and the really crap players will still be here.

Our only hope is to somehow stay up for the next few seasons and hope the recruitment improves while the wasters see out their contract. The way the club is being runs means that relegation is just a matter of time though.

It’s much much easier to flush out the sh!t if we have the Prem money going through the club. Getting relegated doesn’t make the wages go away, anyone half decent will go for a song and the really crap players will still be here.

Our only hope is to somehow stay up for the next few seasons and hope the recruitment improves while the wasters see out their contract. The way the club is being runs means that relegation is just a matter of time though.

This is my issue, relegation might mean we are shot of Goa eventually, as he will either take us to admin or cut his losses, but the sh#t we have now that we can’t give away will still be sh#t we can’t give away. Whose is going to buy that dross and they’ve already prven they’re a bunch of tosserd by downing tools for 4 successive managers. It’s going to take years to recover and even if we scrape survival again relegation is inevitable under goa and his team of clowns,

This is my issue, relegation might mean we are shot of Goa eventually, as he will either take us to admin or cut his losses, but the sh#t we have now that we can’t give away will still be sh#t we can’t give away. Whose is going to buy that dross and they’ve already prven they’re a bunch of tosserd by downing tools for 4 successive managers. It’s going to take years to recover and even if we scrape survival again relegation is inevitable under goa and his team of clowns,

Really think we need to avoid the drop for a season or two:

6. Wesley Hoedt - 2022

11. Mohamed Elyounoussi – 2023

18. Mario Lemina – 2022

25. Guido Carrillo – 2021

44. Fraser Forster – 2022

All of those players will have clauses in their contracts adjusting their pay downwards if we're relegated making it far easier to shift them on.

More money just means that we buy more sh!t.