Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Well that's that then. After years of laughs from this thread, we have found out that it has run it's (sic) course. P.o.S. has left and joined Corpse in the wilderness. That proves it's all over.

The end of the PTS is like losing an old friend. I'm devastated, and off to get drunk now.

So long everyone, and thanks for all the fish.

Two interesting snippets, maybe suggesting a bit of belt-tightening at last - firstly they are looking to get a loan in from League Two & secondly that their cheapest and least experienced player isn't being sent on loan to be replaced by a Prem player. League One is becoming an uncompetitive farce.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/8246424.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/walker-told-to-forget-loan-switch-1-4469756

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-keeps-door-open-for-thompson-1-4473031

‘It’s just that he’s a young kid, only 21, and I don’t think he has got the mentality of League One.

‘Maybe in two or three years time he may be experienced, but we’ve got a squad of 20 and can’t afford to have that inexperience at the moment. We have got to have ready-made players.

‘We haven’t got time to bring him through. He’s maybe another year on from being a development group player.

‘He has been up in Scotland with Celtic miles away from the league football we are playing down here.

‘We are looking to bring in someone who has got a bit of an idea of the game at this level, who is big and strong and can win some headers.’

Young kid? Not ready for League One? He's 21 FFS... :facepalm:

Let me get this clear - the bloke is too young at 21, and he's not good enough for League One football at the packed park because he's come from the little minnows Celtic, the team that beat Barcelona last week?

Both Rangers and Celtic are cursed by poor attendances and quiet atmospheres, so presumably running out in front of the best fans in the world was a step too far for his fragile nerves.

Maybe he's allergic to empty seats, incest and silence?

Or lucky heather brings him out in a rash?

Either way the best way to prepare him to try and reach the pinnacle of League One action at the fortress-like cauldron of Fat, is to loan him out - in League One...

That's glossing over the whole 'cancelled his contract at Celtic out of his own money' claim.

I remember that unlikely scenario being sold as fact during the glorious administration-riddled cup run of 2010, players who didn't cost a penny but paid out £50K to come to pompey - heroes one and all.

At least the transfer targets are starting to look like they are in line with the budget - so praise where praise is due.

Let's remember that they have only played one game legally in the last few years, the austerity game at Plymouth - they've been insolvent for the rest.

Any attempt at returning to that glorious lone night of common sense should be applauded not mocked.

So I can only apologise for mocking.

I feel partially responsible for the departure of PES, even though he never read my stuff.

I feel bad..

Oh, I've got over it already! :D

I can't see us chasing Mack's alter ego away - he's made of sturnerr stuf.

I think it's safe to say that Olly Lancashire wasn't ready for the Championship at 19 but we didn't have any choice but to play him. 11 times. It's called cutting your cloth accordingly, Skates....

Indeed, but this is why they have been in admin 2 times in 2 years... because they simply dont understand that principle....

In Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Reeves we have fielded and 18 year old, a 17 year old and a 20 year old (and also Mayuka, aged 21) - and all have shown theselves to be very able and with mental maturity. Makes you proud to be a Saint.

Ramirez & Clyne are both 21

In Ward-Prowse, Shaw and Reeves we have fielded and 18 year old, a 17 year old and a 20 year old (and also Mayuka, aged 21) - and all have shown theselves to be very able and with mental maturity. Makes you proud to be a Saint.

How old were Adam and Morgan when they broke into the first team ? How old were Wayne Bridge and Gareth Bale ? How many others have we blooded over the years ?

I do find it amusing how Pompey's very existence gets under your skins so much! It's a priceless gift, you're like the abused victims who cant ever let go, it's a mix of funny and tragic. I honestly don't think Pompey fans are so bothered with Saints, hate them yes, dismiss them yes, scum them if given the chance, yes. But the level of hurt displayed on this thread is unbelievable. What f*cking happened???

:)

Heres the thing - it's not because you are Pompey. It's because of what you have done to the game. I would hate you f@ckers even if you were some Northern nonentity. You have taken the p1ss out of the game, repeatedly, and gloated over it. You are universally despised. It's not just us.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18646#.UKOO6FQQg7g.twitter

A flurry of letters leaving the headquarters of Baker Tilly and heading to those involved in the running of Portsmouth City Football Club Ltd to unknown recipients are likely to shed further light on these events. The mention of Section 127 breaches in the tribunal, ie the removal of the £4m fee for Kaboul in March 2010, leads me to conclude that one of those letters will be asking for that money back. The first of a flock of chickens is beginning to come home to roost. Slowly but surely, the truth is slipping out into the sunlight. Pompey-Fans.Com will be there with the torch until it is all there for the world to see.

Good to see that the financial irregularities at Pompey will be highlighted in all their glory thus giving the Football League the information they need to retrospectively apply Luton-esque levels of punishment on the club (beyond the pending -10). Nice work Mr Hall - keep it up.

Edited by trousers

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:00

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From FB

Can we finally expect the Trust prospectus this week?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:01

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]php6woQEUneil_allen_150.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Neil:

Well I am hearing there will be an announcement in the next 18-24 hours.

That should take the form of the prospectus being unveiled and the confirmation of exclusivity to buy the club.

Let's hope so, something tangible is needed.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:05[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

If the PST eventually take over, can we still expect a 10 point deduction? If so, in your opinion should the FA still enforce this given their failure to protect the club from known criminals?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:06[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Remains a grey area, nobody can be sure. The FL have applied discretionary rules every step of the way, there is no guidelines for this.

However, the punishment was for not fulfilling a CVA. If Portpin had come back then they deserved to be punished as it involved them.

You would hope there would be rather more leniancy towards the Trust with all those figures of the past long gone.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:facepalm:

It's not a grey area FFS.....Someone tell him the Football League statement was crystal clear on this

Edited by trousers

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:13[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Rosie

Would you welcome Harry Redknapp back as manager if he worked for free for the first 12 months?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:14[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Definitely. However, time for Pompey to be realistic and he won't come for free and the club can never afford him.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:15[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From the_lock_man

That Mark Jacob bloke, he got off lightly, wouldn't you say?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:15[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Appears to be the first domino to fall. Hopefully others will follow and get punished for how they have mismanaged this football club.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:28[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Helen

Guy Whittingham says Josh Thompson isn't ready for League One football yet he's been loaned to another League One club. #confused[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:29[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

For whatever reason he hasn't impressed sufficiently enough yet.

Whittingham wants an experienced centre half to take his place.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Nope...they still don't get it, do they?

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:31[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Lance

TalkSport said last week that they knew at least one Pompey player was on £8,000 per week. That's gotta be rubbish hasn't it? I can't believe any of our players would be on that high wages given our financial predicament[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:32[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

TalkSport say a lot. I will say, Pompey wage bill is in bottom three or four in the division. Surely that is the important point, not how much any individual is being paid.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:35[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Jerry

Given the Trust are now the only bid on the table, does this mean that the conditions of the Portsmouth County Council loan are now met?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Interesting point. It's something I will ask.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Jerry

Given the Trust are now the only bid on the table, does this mean that the conditions of the Portsmouth County Council loan are now met?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Interesting point. It's something I will ask.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

You mean you haven't already, you dumb ****er? :facepalm:

624824113.jpg

You mean you haven't already, you dumb ****er? :facepalm:

Indeed....just as well that there's a nutjob at hand to point out the bleedin' obvious..... ;)

Still no answer to my question about the effect of Jacob's (and potentially others in the historic Pompey management chain) misdemeanors on the potential for the Football League to penalise them in the same way they did Luton.

Edited by trousers

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:47[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Pompey Pedro

What do you think of the idea of putting youngsters in the 1st team - like Ian St John and Jim Smiht did?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:48[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Interesting idea. Except Awfs and Guy don't think they are ready yet and they should know from working with them every day.

Also with the maximum squad size of 20 the priority will be to have players who are experienced and can make a regular impact.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:55[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From John D

Have the trust passed the fit and proper test[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:55[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

Those on the board all underwent it a long time ago. If they had not satisfied the FL then it would not have got this far.

As Portpin found out.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:04[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Hazelnuts

Neil, how come you haven't been snapped up by one of the big national papers? I don't want you to leave as I love your Pompey coverage and you do a brilliant job but I'm amazed you haven't moved on to bigger things![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:lol:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:04[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Hazelnuts

Neil, how come you haven't been snapped up by one of the big national papers? I don't want you to leave as I love your Pompey coverage and you do a brilliant job but I'm amazed you haven't moved on to bigger things![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:lol:

:toppa: I can't believe he published it, the ****.

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:10[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From John

Why aren't you answering any questions about the latest situation regarding Kanu's pay dispute with the club?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:11[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

I believe it is still on-going. Don't know any finer details than that at the moment. Sorry.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Just as well it's not very important then..... :facepalm:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:15[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Steve West

Neil, is it possible to get an answer to my question about Luton type points deduction?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:15[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

No.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hmmmm......can't think why not.... (and quite possibly the most telling answer today...)

Edited by trousers

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:32[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From KKG

The Trust's original bid included a renegotiation of the player settlement to £2m. Portpin offered the players £8m. Where did the Trust end up finding the addition £6m from in order to match Portpin's settlement offer?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:33[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Neil:

The arrival of Stuart Robinson, more HNW individuals and other ways.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

"other ways"....yep, that explains it....

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

The #Pompey Trust have called a press conference for tomorrow at Fratton Park to unveil the share prospectus.

Wonder what sort of comic book we can expect?

Nabil Hassan@NabilHassan79

The #Pompey Supporters Trust call press conference for 2pm Thursday. Significant announcement expected as well as launch of share prospectus

Don't tell me Nabil, beat him to it again???

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})