Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just had a look back - after 17 games of our -10 season we had 13 (or 23) points, only five more than the Skates now. We W18 D6 L5 of our remaining games and still missed the playoffs, which is significant for the club regarding the likes of Buzaky, Williamson, Howard etc. And for the players. Presumably the justification for forking out for their wages was based on a push for promotion which is now a busted flush. And how much are those guys really going to fancy a League One relegation dog-fight when a few better offers appear in Jan. Yet again the Skates short-term philosophy is proven to be hollow and after a few anxious weeks of back-to-back wins, yet again we await the fun that will follow.

I make that 9 points from safety.

It is 8 points from safety...

18th Oldham 17 points

19th Coventry 17 points

20th S****horpe 16 points

21st Bury 15 points

22nd Shrewsbury 14 points

23rd Portsmouth 8 points

24th Hartlepool 8 points

Edited by Matthew Le God

It is 8 points from safety...

18th Oldham 17 points

19th Coventry 17 points

20th S****horpe 16 points

21st Bury 15 points

22nd Shrewsbury 14 points

23rd Portsmouth 8 points

24th Hartlepool 8 points

I think we can agree that its f*cking brilliant to see them there.

Implosion ahoy; losing to Bury must be a bitter pill to swallow. Lovely stuff.

As with most journalists....(Coz they make it up most of the time and are guttersnipe) Allen is unable to grasp the fact that his little fairy tale has so many holes in it:rolleyes:

I am unable to tell wether he sets out to be an idiot or was born that way.

As for Appleton ...Well I give up:p

Ottery, have a word with yourself then re-read what you posted

I am unable to tell wether he sets out to be an idiot or was born that way.

And just WHO is he writing for?

Ottery, have a word with yourself then re-read what you posted

And just WHO is he writing for?

He sets out or born that way suggests he is an idiot either way..

I have no clue who Allen is writting for as it is total shiiiite............very similar to my posts...:D I hear you say....

Do I care...:p

one of the great myths - there were no financial problems prior to 5pm on the day we won the cup.

These laughable claims that everything was fine and dandy and then the lovely child-maiming clan lost money in the recession and had to bale out....it's just delusion in the face of facts.

Mandaric bought their way out of the Championship with contracts unsustainable against such a small ground.

His reward was the Prem money that could be used to balance the books.

This is where the sensible plan stopped - any club that has bought it's way up needs to address those debts and budget accordingly.

They didn't balance the books.

Instead they went even more overboard on the spending and were running up debt in the build up to 2008.

Mandaric saw the writing on the wall but couldn't interest genuine companies in a semi-solvent business, so he sold the club to an arms dealer to be used as a vehicle for 'financial shenanigans.'

The arms dealer even misled the football authorities as to ownership (as revealed by Storrie) and made 'good use' of the club accounts.

He then fell out with Chanrai and the worms all spilled out of the can - and I'm sure Mr Hall can fill us in on the rest, once he's checked through all the links posted on this thread.

And that's why the cup win was illegal.

The club was not owned by those that were on the deeds, and the great insolvency train had already left the station.

For Cotterill or Appleton to moan about their 'jobs changing' is exposing them as naive.

UnAppy was approached by people linked to organised crime and offered a job.

One click on Google would have told him they were linked to money-laundering and denied entry to the UK banking system because of criminal links and through misleading UK authorities.

He chose to work for them knowing it could go pear-shaped - it went pear-shaped.

Difficult to complain later and expect sympathy.

So yes, he did have a difficult job, but it was the one he signed up for.

And no, he didn't do tremendously well against all odds, he did quite poorly.

Don't believe the hype.

Whittingham wants nasty Pompey. Well, he's in there I suppose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20289770

Just out of interest, I know they get a points deduction when they come out of admin, but what happens if they don't before the end of the season? I kind of hope that the points deduction is delayed until the last day of the season, with them 9 points above the drop zone....

Just out of interest, I know they get a points deduction when they come out of admin, but what happens if they don't before the end of the season? I kind of hope that the points deduction is delayed until the last day of the season, with them 9 points above the drop zone....

Their disciplinary record might well suggest they already have nasty as one of their attributes.

Their disciplinary record might well suggest they already have nasty as one of their attributes.

"Maybe we need to get a little bit more nasty. Other teams are doing it to us and we accept things too easily."

... which is why pompey ending up with 5 bookings and Bury had none... must have the been the ref being over-awed by... Gigg Lane.

"Maybe we need to get a little bit more nasty. Other teams are doing it to us and we accept things too easily."

... which is why pompey ending up with 5 bookings and Bury had none... must have the been the ref being over-awed by... Gigg Lane.

I used to think that these quotes were simply the managers trying to appeal to the less well brained amongst teh fans base... sadly its pretty fair to assume its the managers who use this sort of cliche ridden sheidt that are just as stupid as the fans they are trying to convince - they seriously believe their own BS.,.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Apparently I should be sacked for my column in yesterday’s paper. Well, according to the comments. Charming. http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/the-moment-appy-s-pompey-plan-was-over-before-it-had-even-begun-1-4465023 … #Pompey

Joe Taylor ‏@joetaylor966

I thought that piece was excellent Neil. Felt as tho I'd met MA with you. Ignore the imbeciles you are a top journo

Apparently I should be sacked for my column in yesterday’s paper. Well, according to the comments. Charming. http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/the-moment-appy-s-pompey-plan-was-over-before-it-had-even-begun-1-4465023 … #Pompey

Joe Taylor ‏@joetaylor966

I thought that piece was excellent Neil. Felt as tho I'd met MA with you. Ignore the imbeciles you are a top journo

This one is brilliant....although there seems a strong hint that he's one of us! :D

Theawfultwoof:

One assumes he'd done no research whatsoever then? Since the now over 1500 pages of the "pompey takeover" thread on saints web (you know, the source where Micah Hall gets all his information) started in 2009.) Or did he just see a large paypacket like all the mercinaries at the club on "pittance"?

The 2 key milestones in the administration are : (1) They will have to go back to court in February for permission to extend the process, if denied they have to liquidate, and (2) they cannot start next season in the same administration, the Football League will expel them. Other than that I assume if they exit admin after the end of this season they would start the next one with -10, the wording of the FL clause is that it is applied at the point they exit the administration.

Actually most of the comments were not particularly derogatory. His aim with this article was purely to promote himself and show that he was privvy to insider information !

The guy really does have his brain firmly lodged deep in his anal passage !

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4638981/Dan-Kings-Sport-Uncovered-Dont-pin-your-hopes-Pompey.html

WHY DID former owners Portpin suspend their bid to take over at Portsmouth again? One big factor will have been the six-page letter they received last week from the Football League. After taking the club into administration TWICE Balram Chainrai & Co were told the chances of them passing the owners test were somewhere between very slim and non-existent.

Judging by the comments starting to appear on the News, it looks as if we're going to have to send in an extraction team for one of our agents:

Better make Russell captain if he's prepared to kick @rse and get rid of that plonker Howard.

now that makes real sense ......cant wait to see the exit of "howard the duff"

...as for Howard I have to question whether he's here just for the crack or if he's got the skill and commitment, personally I feel he's a liability we can't afford, I think his head is still red and towards the end of season if we need points to stay up you may find him missing more penalties and giving a few away as well.

34582_106609642724935_100001276988812_49248_1410538_n_normal.jpgSj Maskell ‏@SjMaskell

Now it is clear there is no alternative to the Trust for #Pompey. Anyone seeking to undermine the bid must want the club liquidated.

Yeah, that's the only solution they have.

Especially as TB simply refuses to answer his phone when real property developers with real money call him up

The Trust have taken so long now, one of the previous bidders could have created the Underground Tesco's with new Stadium on top and had it open and due for a refurbishment.

Especially as TB simply refuses to answer his phone when real property developers with real money call him up

The Trust have taken so long now, one of the previous bidders could have created the Underground Tesco's with new Stadium on top and had it open and due for a refurbishment.

Which begs the question....If TB isn't doing what's best for the creditors (by ignoring more competitive bids) then why hasn't the court stepped in and ticked off the man they appointed to act in the best interests of the creditors?

well let them die, the repercussions of them finding a wealthy buyer will come back and haunt anyone who helps

The 2 key milestones in the administration are : (1) They will have to go back to court in February for permission to extend the process, if denied they have to liquidate, and (2) they cannot start next season in the same administration, the Football League will expel them. Other than that I assume if they exit admin after the end of this season they would start the next one with -10, the wording of the FL clause is that it is applied at the point they exit the administration.

I have long thought that they will be keeping a careful eye on their league position and will exit admin during this season ONLY if there is no chance the -10 will relegate them. If not then it will be close season, then watch them buying up all the 'affordable players' to mount a challenge for promotion.

well let them die, the repercussions of them finding a wealthy buyer will come back and haunt anyone who helps

Precisely.

And of course as TB walks off into the sunset with his riches having bled them dry.... The law suits can start about 1 minutes after the hand wringing.

Could be worth more far more than a shopping mall and PST will find they are at the back of the queue yet again

I have long thought that they will be keeping a careful eye on their league position and will exit admin during this season ONLY if there is no chance the -10 will relegate them. If not then it will be close season, then watch them buying up all the 'affordable players' to mount a challenge for promotion.

Will they be able to do that as their twelve month's in admin will be up in February, and the season finishes after this.

Will they be able to do that as their twelve month's in admin will be up in February, and the season finishes after this.

I've got a feeling they can apply to the court to extend the administration for another 6 months. Not sure where I heard/read that but sounds feasible.

I've got a feeling they can apply to the court to extend the administration for another 6 months. Not sure where I heard/read that but sounds feasible.

Birchy would have to prove that as being in the best interests of the creditors though, which, with a good few million quid in the bank, would not be so simple. He'd also have to show that a purchase (by the PST or others) was both possible and imminent, including some detailed financial plans showing all the numbers adding it. Could be interesting reading....

I still think that Feb is the deadline that anyone wanting to buy the club must be working towards. I really can see the judge refusing permission for an extension of admin and saying "bad luck everyone, you did all you could but it just wasn't to be"

The more things change the more they stay the same.

"It gives us a chance to bring in someone next week hopefully," he said. "It needs to be before the Doncaster game.

Probably one of the places we haven't got enough competition is at centre-half."

Maybe that's because they just sent one out on loan.

Face-palm thingy...

I still think that Feb is the deadline that anyone wanting to buy the club must be working towards. I really can see the judge refusing permission for an extension of admin and saying "bad luck everyone, you did all you could but it just wasn't to be"

Is that the polite way of saying "F()ck off, you've been taking the p!ss far too long" ?

Edited by badgerx16