Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Anyone heard the news he's just been on Sky Sports saying that he doesn't feel the trust's vision is realistic and them taken control would hinder his ability to help PFC recover up the leagues.

Wow that is a real stab in the back - the least he could have done was stay stum. Cue Neil Allen furiously re-writing his eulogy.

Agent Appy we salute you.

Whoever comes in next all they need to say is "Huge club, couldn't turn the offer down, would only have joined Pompey nobody else, bestest fans who pack the park every home game, I will take the club to the next level, it is not about the money, we need to stick together" etc then they will love whoever it is.

Time to put a tenner on Harry taking the job me thinks

"He has just been on Sky Sports saying that he doesn't feel the trust's vision is realistic and them taken control would hinder his ability to help PFC recover up the leagues."

orly_spock.gif

That

Is

The

First

Time

I

Have

Heard

That

This

Week

honest

now we know what Simon Blackpool was talking about "I am forced to wonder therefore, at what point we accepted that Blackpool was going to become a refuge for the dispossessed and the never-possessed?"

Only kidding. Personally I think Appy did a reasonable job all things considering. The squad he inherited was utter ****e and the loans HE brought in, such as George North, were by far and away their best players last year. Putting a completely new side together with (the totally justified) restrictions on contracts, no matter what the wages offered might be, was a tough assignment. I thought he came across well and was pretty dignified. I'm surprised they have won quite so many games as they have. I'm sure most will disagree, but I'd like to think they will get worse now not better.

Next Permanent Portsmouth Manager

Guy Whittingham 5/2 Liam Daish 4/1 Ashley Westwood 5/1 Paul Ince 8/1

Paul Jewell 10/1 Iain Dowie 12/1 Steve Davis 12/1 Linvoy Primus 12/1

Alan Curbishley 12/1 Gary Smith 14/1 Carl Fletcher 14/1 Uwe Rossler 16/1

Owen Coyle 16/1 Andy Thorn 16/1 Dennis Wise 16/1 Alex McCleish 20/1

Billy Davies 20/1 Martin Allen 20/1 Tony Adams 25/1 Harry Redknapp 25/1

Karl Robinson 25/1 Nigel Adkins 25/1 Gareth Southgate 25/1 Andy Scott 25/1

Steve Coppell 25/1 Jon Harley 40/1 – –

Jack Rose ‏@Roseyboy3

@talkSPORTDrive no ones on decent wages, Appt kept club going single handedly over the summer. Shut up about things you know nothing about

talkSPORTDrive ‏@talkSPORTDrive

@Roseyboy3 one player on £8k a week fact, so god knows what the average is

Jack Rose ‏@Roseyboy3

@talkSPORTDrive no ones on decent wages, Appt kept club going single handedly over the summer. Shut up about things you know nothing about

Oh, but it's just us.....

Jack Rose ‏@Roseyboy3

An £8k player in league one whilst in administration. And they wonder why we're obsessed.

Skates on FansOnline:

''Tactically unaware and shows no passion so good luck!!

Nice bloke though''

''You've just been tangoed''

''That depends if you were a fan of Ian Holloways manic style of touchline antics or not. If you were then you won't like appys statuesque style. ''

''Good luck with him, defensive minded coach (but does not do it very well), unproven, appears to lack real passion, has a good eye for a player. When I heard the news, I had a glass of wine and a second one when I realised his assistant had gone as well''

''He got caught out at last so he did a runner to the first club that would have him. I am just bemused as hell to why Blackpool would want him. ''

''So long and thanks for all the fish.''

''not sure he can be judged on the year he had with us. i spose time will tell''

''Apparantly the Blackpool chairman has put a clause in his contract that he must uncross his arms and make a substitution before 99% of the ground has realised it's too late. ''

''Word emanating from the PO9 area that Lee Bradbury wll be offered the role as Pompey manager....Don't shoot the messenger !''

''need an experienced manager who`s been round the block who has large contacts,knows all the tricks in the book. someone who is willing to steady the ship over the next couple of years wether it be 3rd or 4th division imho''

''we may need an experienced manager, but there is no way on earth that we can afford one. Get real - we are in the market for a first time manager like Appy, or an ex-player like Whittingham or Bradbury. Making phone calls to ex-army mates, or having a rumour started about having a scum tattoo in your youth, do not constitute reasons for discarding a candidate if that type of candidate is all we can afford. The very best we could hope for in the experienced market is a lowly paid lower division manager, maybe someone like Paul Tisdale. ''

Yeah, this post was not serious....but? :D

Since we will soon own the club: we should manage the team:

We pick the team by internet vote before every game.

Substitutes decided by SMS. Or a show of hands after 60 minutes.

Captain decided by lottery each game.

Transfers voted on down the pub on a Friday night in late December.

Simple.

They are feeling quite optimistic!

They really are deluded. Their manager has just jumped ship because he has no confidence in the club's likely future owners. That should bother them, but no they're still in their fairytale schizophrenic wonderland - a massive club supported by the plucky few bestest supporters, a club that pays wages that are both low and high, and which anyone in their right minds would want to join/jump ship from. :facepalm:

Optimistic:x after getting shot of that useless **** there should be feckin street party's.

As someone on your own forum said. 'Be careful what you wish for.'

He at least had the b*lls to try and hold it together. Regardless of how sh*t he was.

Edited by Colinjb

Optimistic:x after getting shot of that useless **** there should be feckin street party's.
my memory is poor, but didn't you say something similar when the clot moved to pastures greener? Your response to uncle avram's departure is well beyond my grey matter, enlighten me if you can remember.

@pn_steve_wilson: Late finish but just finished work on tomorrow's @portsmouthnews. Interviews with Trevor Birch, Guy Whit and Appy are all in there. #Pompey

Well that's tomorrow's chuckle fodder all wrapped up in one neat little package then...

@pn_steve_wilson: Late finish but just finished work on tomorrow's @portsmouthnews. Interviews with Trevor Birch, Guy Whit and Appy are all in there. #Pompey

Well that's tomorrow's chuckle fodder all wrapped up in one neat little package then...

wasn't it only last week that people on here were saying how quiet things had gone down the coast ?

ye of little faith ! :D

Usually think Durham is talking out of his @rse but this is spot on!

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Throwing this one out there: Guy Whittingham will do a better job at Pompey than Appleton did, and Blackpool won't finish in the top 6 this season.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Throwing this one out there: Guy Whittingham will do a better job at Pompey than Appleton did, and Blackpool won't finish in the top 6 this season.

I don't think you'd get much odds on that. UnAppy has done a p*ss poor job considering the wage bill he's pushed out on those underperforming high paid mercenaries. Pompey should be way higher in the division than they currently are.

And Blackpool are a busted flush, with their remaining good players now sure to leave in January and condemn the club back to a struggle in the lower leagues. The eyebrowless idiot will get found out for the tactical imbecile he is.

So, The Sound of Silence is starting to crack at the edges and events are raising some random questions.

Back at the last Deadline there were a "number of interested parties" (including some Fialka clones) that TB would not talk to....

Chanrai held all the aces but the FL (and the excellent Mr Hall et al) "killed him off"

TB backed the PST bid whilst we all questioned it's validity and likelihood to collect the pledges leading up to Christmas, We thought it may be because their plans and numbers were so strong, yet by their own admission they STILL have not completed all the numbers. Strange, what DID TB base his backing upon? He is supposed to be a mixture of a Lawyer & an Accountant....

BDO & PKF are at ADVANCED merger stage which places the whole oversight of the pcfc job in an air of possible change. TB may have convinced his PKF bosses he had everything under control, but what happens IF he gets a new set of bosses? Maybe he is lined up for a promotion to a big boss role? What then?

An Administrator approving an annual salary of 416,000 a year for ONE player?

And then Appy, who let's face was pretty damned close to events says the PST is to all intents a busted flush (confirming months of speculation on here).

Now, we can see PST's problems (whilst admiring their efforts) but slowly it is looking more & more as if they are being conned to be frontmen by the Property Developers in a similar way to MLT & Pinnacle. How else to explain their total lack of transparency with their own Supporters?

We can read that they are "shaky"

And yet TB never actually talked to any other people that wanted to put a bid in. (or even from what we could see reply to their calls)

Why would an Administrator hang on to a VERY long shot/busted flush and over all this time ignore every other possible Avenue?

Imagine what could have been our fate IF Mark Fry had ignored the (late) phone call from Cortese?

It all seems to point to an as yet deeper conspiracy within a conspiracy

How will those potential bidders that TB ignored take this latest turn of events?

Don't need to be ITK, all of this is posted on here and all of the questions have been asked time and time again.

The one we have missed is

What is REALLY going on?

So, The Sound of Silence is starting to crack at the edges and events are raising some random questions.

Back at the last Deadline there were a "number of interested parties" (including some Fialka clones) that TB would not talk to....

Chanrai held all the aces but the FL (and the excellent Mr Hall et al) "killed him off"

TB backed the PST bid whilst we all questioned it's validity and likelihood to collect the pledges leading up to Christmas, We thought it may be because their plans and numbers were so strong, yet by their own admission they STILL have not completed all the numbers. Strange, what DID TB base his backing upon? He is supposed to be a mixture of a Lawyer & an Accountant....

BDO & PKF are at ADVANCED merger stage which places the whole oversight of the pcfc job in an air of possible change. TB may have convinced his PKF bosses he had everything under control, but what happens IF he gets a new set of bosses? Maybe he is lined up for a promotion to a big boss role? What then?

And then Appy, who let's face was pretty damned close to events says the PST is to all intents a busted flush (confirming months of speculation on here).

Now, we can see PST's problems (whilst admiring their efforts) but slowly it is looking more & more as if they are being conned to be frontmen by the Property Developers in a similar way to MLT & Pinnacle. How else to explain their total lack of transparency with their own Supporters?

And yet TB never actually talked to any other people that wanted to put a bid in. (or even from what we could see reply to their calls)

Why would an Administrator hang on to a VERY long shot/busted flush and over all this time ignore every other possible Avenue?

Imagine what could have been our fate IF Mark Fry had ignored the (late) phone call from Cortese?

How will those potential bidders that TB ignored take this latest turn of events?

Don't need to be ITK, all of this is posted on here and all of the questions have been asked time and time again.

What is REALLY going on?

Interesting round-up Phil

I watched the second half of your game on TV. Funny as ****, your terrible. When are you twunts going to realise that Cortese is f*cking your club up. Yet you divs bang on about Adkins, poor Tango, it ain't his fault. Look to Nasty Nick and Slimy Les for the problems. At least when your in div 1, no one notices or gives a ****, your soap opera is slowly unravelling for the whole country to see. Anyway you sleuths have had a month now, whats the story with your BVI loan, how much is it for and what is it secured against? Facts not speculation please.

Pathetic Eastend Skate reverts to type - f-uck off to your own board you semi-literate, fish-fondling inbred!

What is REALLY going on?

You're not suggesting a HIDDEN AGENDA????

08/11/2012 8:42 AM GMT

westendsaint

From the huge number of blocked comments on this subject I suspect a load of people are on the same train of thought:

PST is full of waffle & no substence - a bunch of dreamers who cannot man up & tell the fans the truth. Their "bid" is going nowhere, the only problem being that the administrator does not have any other option on the table. All looks a bit terminal to me

#nutshell

You're not suggesting a HIDDEN AGENDA????

No of course not. I am questioning whether one could exist though.

It's difficult on here at times to work out whether we are Stephen Moffat or Benedict Cumberbatch

Is Rallyboy for example writing the script or are we trying to follow convoluted clues?