Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

At least one Portsmouth MP gets it...

Portsmouth South MP Mike Hancock said he was surprised the trust’s takeover deal has yet to be resolved.

He said: ‘The longer it drags on the harder it becomes for the trust to convince supporters to get the money in and it’s hard for them to keep the momentum going. Every true supporter of Pompey would love nothing more than having this done and dusted as quickly as possible.’

Yeah, this post was not serious....but? :D

Since we will soon own the club: we should manage the team:

We pick the team by internet vote before every game.

Substitutes decided by SMS. Or a show of hands after 60 minutes.

Captain decided by lottery each game.

Transfers voted on down the pub on a Friday night in late December.

Simple.

You missed one ...

"The crowd must change places with the players at half time "

08/11/2012 8:42 AM GMT

westendsaint

From the huge number of blocked comments on this subject I suspect a load of people are on the same train of thought:

PST is full of waffle & no substence - a bunch of dreamers who cannot man up & tell the fans the truth. Their "bid" is going nowhere, the only problem being that the administrator does not have any other option on the table. All looks a bit terminal to me

#nutshell

So which is it?

Is TB waiting for

7mecavalerieTownlogo.jpg

Or is he really leading the Trust to The Little Bighorn?

No of course not. I am questioning whether one could exist though.

It's difficult on here at times to work out whether we are Stephen Moffat or Benedict Cumberbatch

Is Rallyboy for example writing the script or are we trying to follow convoluted clues?

Rallyboy did stop posting for a while at the very moment the Trust got exclusivity... ;) #justsaying

Quick out loud thought.... If the Trust's bid does splutter to an end, what's stopping Chainrai having another crack of the whip? i.e. did the football league actually dismiss his bid or did the football league simply 'steer' Birch to the Trust without actually rejecting Portpin per se?

Quick out loud thought.... If the Trust's bid does splutter to an end, what's stopping Chainrai having another crack of the whip? i.e. did the football league actually dismiss his bid or did the football league simply 'steer' Birch to the Trust without actually rejecting Portpin per se?

And maybe somebody will ask TB the "How the hell did we end up in this situation?" question.

I thought thr FL only "indicated" that they would query Chainrai's FAPP credentials, BUT, at that stage they didn't actually have to make a decision, so they didn't

If Chainrai does "re-appear" then the FL will have to scout round their offices to see if anyone has aquired any BALLS, because, horror, horror, someone will have to make a DECISION

'Arry loved the fans at FP. As he is out of a job, I am sure he will find the wherewithall to ride in there with bags of cash, to take over as manager and get the Skates out of a jam.After all, he is good at motivating payers--everyone says so.

Good luck to the PST. They WILL be able to take on the club with the investors they have already lined up. What Appy was saying is that he does not see they will have enough to take the club forward. Good! They do not deserve to go forward although the trust business plan is a way forward from where the rotten club has come from.

The PST will be able to run the club like any other Div2/Conference club. No one will expect them to follow the usual PFC trend of borrow and bust. It should be a new era of austerity for PFC. They will bump along with gates of about 7,000 once the supporters realise there is no way of up for a good few years.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for PFC and at last I do not think it is the lights of a train hurtling towards them!

Trousers has sussed me out so I may as well come clean, especially as I could do with some help - does anyone have experience of writing a prospectus?

I said I'd do this one a while back but it's more complicated than I realised, they want loads of stats and stuff, but they don't like the comedy bits I keep adding.

I've plucked fantasy figures out of the air and made up all the budgets and projections and they seem more than happy with that approach, but it just doesn't look very impressive.

I believe that it's only aimed at a small group of easily-led individuals so I'll put a big picture of a puppy or a kitten on the cover, but it just has no substance.

Also the editorial team has recently changed the agenda and are very touchy about any mention of property development.

Any ideas on how it could look more workable?

Usual client approach, they've had a couple of years to put this together but only now is it urgent.

So, the chief rat scuttles down the frayed rope tying the good ship Pompey to the harbour wall (aka Football League), not daring to look back at the motley crew of cut throat pirates and mercenaries that he has assembled in case they chop his tail off; the rat clearly knows once the ship sets sail (PST bid completed) that the good ship is mortally holed below the water line and will sink before it has gone too far, and then like the Mary Rose before it, it will take many years before it is resurrected. The ships bell will toll as it sinks below the sea, the last thing to be seen a grubby blue and white table cloth flag drifting on the flotsam...

Good luck to the PST. They WILL be able to take on the club with the investors they have already lined up. What Appy was saying is that he does not see they will have enough to take the club forward. Good! They do not deserve to go forward although the trust business plan is a way forward from where the rotten club has come from.

The PST will be able to run the club like any other Div2/Conference club. No one will expect them to follow the usual PFC trend of borrow and bust. It should be a new era of austerity for PFC. They will bump along with gates of about 7,000 once the supporters realise there is no way of up for a good few years.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for PFC and at last I do not think it is the lights of a train hurtling towards them!

Genuinely suits me fine. I'd be more than happy with this scenario and the opportunity for genuine fan input. I have been deeply unhappy with the way things have been since 2009 and have had a gutful. More pleasure is derived from the 'simple' things about being a football fan than all the Premier League riches in the world. British football is due a 'major' adjustment, hopefully we can play a huge part in how a middling side could/should be run? :)

I think Tricky Trev must have gotten himself a login on the Pompey message boards.

The PST takeover seems to be rumbling on at a slow pace, however it sort of makes sense to delay as long as possible now? Getting those £1000 pledges in Dec - Feb is going to be hard work given that its Xmas... wait until March when early bird season ticket renewals are usually due and wrap it all up in one go with ST discounts for shareholders.

Why the rush to come out of Admin? we have until the end of the season, hopefully Whittingham or A N Other can rescue us from the mess Appleton has left us and keep us up, failing that the Trust takes over in the 2nd division with less costs but a similar income.

:lol::lol:

Simple.

Lets face it they could just text the post match excuses to a robot after the game

ASIMO_Camera.jpg

I guess Tricky Trev is still in charge and therefore going to pick the next manager. It would be interesting to see if he approaches PST for their input. I can see a lot of acrimony if the trust get involved. There will be a split between the pragmatists wanting an economical choice versus those that want an approach to 'The Special One'!! What ever happens it is bound to cause disagreements and much fun for us on this forum.

I actually think Appy's reasons for resigning reveals a speck of hope for the future of the PST. Yes, they are underfunded and everyone knows it, but at least they have been showing Appy a future budget that is so restrained that it scared him away. It's probably not enough for the PST but it's a start.

Now they need Whittingham to rip up the contracts of the expensive mercenaries and start recalling their youth players. Whittingham should know them very well from previously working with them. That would offer another tiny speck of hope for the PST to make ends meet.

Overall, their chances are not good, but it's the first sign that they have lowered their ambitions to a slightly less unrealistic level...

Simple.

They could raise even more funds by raffling the interview on TV and Radio to all the fans at the game. (All 25 of them).

I guess Tricky Trev is still in charge and therefore going to pick the next manager. It would be interesting to see if he approaches PST for their input. I can see a lot of acrimony if the trust get involved. There will be a split between the pragmatists wanting an economical choice versus those that want an approach to 'The Special One'!! What ever happens it is bound to cause disagreements and much fun for us on this forum.

I don't think the PSt is going to be run like myfootballclub.com they have nominated a CEO and he and his board would make that decision just like any other club. This however might upset the fans/stakeholders

Interesteing snippets from Twitter.

Steve Wilson ‏@pn_steve_wilson

I saw @lukerodgers9 carrying a bag out of Fratton Park today. He looked like a man leaving the club but the management didn't confirm it.

lukerodgers ‏@lukerodgers9

Just want to say thank you to all the Portsmouth fans, players and staff for your support. Iv loved every minute. Good luck for the season.

Gary Knox ‏@GaryKnox

@pn_steve_wilson I suspect he will be the first of many. Club wont be in existence much longer anyway if rumours are true.

well that has livened things up a bit, Appy not only bales out but has a pop at the Trust as he goes - bit naughty, but quite telling.

And The News lets slip -

the wage of Appleton, believed to be more than £200,000 a year a high level for League One.

So, they WERE paying over the top for a manager, and Talksport is reporting as fact that someone is on £8K a week - amounts suspected by Nutjobs but always denied by the few.

This was spun as the bloke on a pittance bringing in players that didn't cost the club a penny. :o

I do hope that the fans haven't been told fibs all this time.

With Birch suggesting that he will now save wages rather than take on an external appointment AND that Tweet earlier mentioning the dreaded L word, has the BDO takeover come at an unfortunate time for the good ship pompey?

Following our Dubai correspondent's teasing report, could we guess that any troublesome outstanding business needs wrapping up if you want to complete a smooth takeover?

Difficult to buy a business if you don't know what you are getting, especially if one of the firm's administrators has gone a little bit native and is incurring vets bills for nail-clipping rather than executing the sick dog with a spade.

Perhaps there is mounting pressure from above for Trev to sort it one way or the other?

It will be interesting to see what happens when the monthly contracts are due for renewal, I wouldn't be surprised at a clearout.

Then again nothing surprises me in Fatpipe City anymore, so they might just take on even more wages.

But there is change in the air, it does start to feel like crunch time is around the corner....again.

Interesteing snippets from Twitter.

Steve Wilson ‏@pn_steve_wilson

I saw @lukerodgers9 carrying a bag out of Fratton Park today. He looked like a man leaving the club but the management didn't confirm it.

lukerodgers ‏@lukerodgers9

Just want to say thank you to all the Portsmouth fans, players and staff for your support. Iv loved every minute. Good luck for the season.

Gary Knox ‏@GaryKnox

@pn_steve_wilson I suspect he will be the first of many. Club wont be in existence much longer anyway if rumours are true.

tumblr_lsbym6Aos31qaqgkd.jpg

News of the impending situation seems to have been met by incredulity by the intelligencia over on POL.

I can't really see how the fundamental economics can have deteriorated at this point. We had £3M parachute payments in August, we've averaged 11000 and have sold 8000 season tickets. Our squad costs £1.87M per annum - can't see why here would be a financial crunch just now. The Trust have said everything is progressing so we should trust them.

Yep; despite Talksport stating as fact that one player is on £8K a week; this true visionary genius equates pompey's squad of 19 players (we'll assume he doesn't include the now departed Luke Rodgers in his figures) as earning on average less than £2,000 per week. And because the Trust says all is progressing, we should listen to them.

Not enough :facepalm:

This rather hilariously-titled poster adds a new dynamic to the equation:

More redundancies have been made at the club apparently.

I think we've done it, people!!!

I think we've finally found a skate who gets it! Unbelieveable, Jeff.

I wouldn't assume our squad costs £1.87m per annum or that PKF haven't overspent

I know I'm like a stuck record on this point, but I can't believe I'm the only one questioning whether we're spending within our means. There seems to be an assumption from the majority of people that this time round things are different; that this time the League must be scrutinising every penny.

I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks something doesn't add up (pun absolutely intended).

OK.

Soooooooo.

Going back only a couple of days, who would have imagined things could change so fast down the road.

So far so good.

All it needs now is TB to not be around to help pick a new manager

A new legal challenge from a real billionaire that TB refused to talk to and who really could have saved the club and given them a new stadium but PST got in the way

And I think we are done