Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The question is....why do PKF feel they need further clarification from the Football League when the Football League have made it 100% clear (twice) that they won't entertain any other bid.

It's almost as if PKF don't want it to go to court.... ;)

That was my initial take also. I think they'd love to be able to deal with Harris. Must make for an uncomfortable relationship between PKF and PST.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/boss-left-to-wonder-what-might-have-been-1-4810305

Whittingham said: ‘I’m a bit happier with the way the squad looks now.‘There is a better balance about it.

‘A few more people became available after the January transfer window so there was a bit more choice.

‘With one or two more additions, I think it would be a decent squad in this league.

‘To have had six weeks behind you in pre-season with this group of players would have been great.

‘But as we all know, we have never had that situation.

‘Who knows how well we could have done with this group?

‘We’ve been competitive and we’ve not been a million miles away.

‘So you would like to think we would have had better results with a bit more time to work together and build a few things.’

They've been in administration for a year and still they bang on about being competitive.....FFS :facepalm:

Do any of our legal eagles on here know for sure whether Portpin would automatically have the right to appeal if the court agrees with the Trust's valuation? If it's a certainty that they have that legal right then it's "game over", surely?

I'd say there's no doubt that they can appeal a High Court decision that goes against them. That's a right available in almost all civil cases. In fact above the High Court, there is the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court. Portpin can play this out for ages.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/about/role-of-the-supreme-court.html

42 Unfortunately, buy my memories ****e !

With a number like that, you should remember!

42 is indeed the right answer!

Most of us know what you did there

I wish I was that intelligent !

To which the sign off "so long, and thanks for all the fish" would be most appropriate...

I'd say there's no doubt that they can appeal a High Court decision that goes against them. That's a right available in almost all civil cases. In fact above the High Court, there is the Appeal Court and the Supreme Court. Portpin can play this out for ages.

Excellent. I wonder when the reality of this will hit the 'Blue Phew' and/or the journos on the case?

And the Football League say sort it bythe end of the season or you're gone.

Tick tock tick ........

So how will they be replaced next season? One fewer relegated or one extra promoted from Conference?

twitter_normal.jpgNabil Hassan ‏@NabilHassan79

In short, the Football League's public statement about no other bidder was very clear. Their letter to Portpin was less so. #pompey

Hmmm....Football League in 'Playing to the Gallery' shocker... I wonder when this letter from the Football League to Portpin will be leaked...?

So if a Private Members Club that makes up it's own rules, sends written communication which could then have a material financial impact if said information turned out to be misleading or misrepresenting, a lawyer would say...

Who gives a toss who buys the club and at what price, I can get the balance back from the Members Club....

Sit back with this oldies

@NabilHassan79: #pompey Administrators of the club confirm that the case to decide Fratton Park valuation will be heard by 19 April at the latest.

FFS :facepalm:

trousers, you know as well as i do, This stinks of the league having there finger in this pie, If we go Pop! before the end of the season they will be deducting all the points won off us, Could change final position for some teams at top or bottom, A nest of vipers best left hidden.

trousers, you know as well as i do, This stinks of the league having there finger in this pie, If we go Pop! before the end of the season they will be deducting all the points won off us, Could change final position for some teams at top or bottom, A nest of vipers best left hidden.

Not really going to make much difference taking 6 points off everyone, is it? :lol:

The Football League have said publicly that they will not consider any other bid at this late stage after a late offer from football financier Keith Harris.

And PST spokesman Colin Farmery says their own correspondence with the League has made that clear to them.

"Ambiguity is probably a good word to use," Farmery told BBC Radio Solent.

"Our understanding is that the Football League has been very clear on two occasions that at this late stage they will not consider any other bid in order to transfer the share.

"It was an interesting development and at Pompey we always expect the unexpected.

"PKF obviously want to clear this matter up and I am not party to correspondence between the Football League and Portpin.

"From the Trust perspective our conversations with the Football League have been very clear on this point and we see no reason why that would have changed."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-comment/patrick-barclay-sad-story-of-the-prince-and-the-paupers-8504516.html

hahahhaha

media are starting to get it...

It was less than five years ago when Portsmouth won the FA Cup by beating Cardiff and, although the club’s support were not to blame for the overspending that conspired in it, their celebrations must be viewed in retrospect as fraudulent.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/sport-comment/patrick-barclay-sad-story-of-the-prince-and-the-paupers-8504516.html

It was less than five years ago when Portsmouth won the FA Cup by beating Cardiff and, although the club’s support were not to blame for the overspending that conspired in it, their celebrations must be viewed in retrospect as fraudulent.

hahahhaha

media are starting to get it...

Well, blow me down....that's the first time I've seen a journo put it quite as clearly and accurately as that. Well said Mr Barclay...

I dunno. Seems fair to me. :rolleyes:

Amusing to observe the number of Pompey fan tweets this morning lauding the "Pompey 2 Barcelona 0" result last night with no hint of irony that its these very players that kick-started Pompey's downfall and contributed to Pompey's current financial rot. Not the brightest bunch down there ("tell us something we don't already know Trousers")

BDnzX4kCYAAA8oX.jpg:large

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Amusing to observe the number of Pompey fan tweets this morning lauding the "Pompey 2 Barcelona 0" result last night with no hint of irony that its these very players that kick-started Pompey's downfall and contributed to Pompey's current financial rot. Not the brightest bunch down there ("tell us something we don't already know Trousers")

BDnzX4kCYAAA8oX.jpg:large

That's almost as silly as making up another ridiculous headline like 'Southampton 3-1 Manchester City' :lol:

Oh wait.

Football League release statement on #pompey “We remain focussed on a successful transfer of share to the preferred bidder, the PST."

Football League statement adds: "We are not considering alternative applications for the transfer of #pompey's share in the League.

If it's that easy to clarify their position why the **** did Birch need to defer the setting of the court case date in order to seek clarification? Surely a quick call to the FL yesterday would've done the trick? #smokeandmirrors

Edited by trousers

@joemichalczuk: What is crystal clear is this: Everyone involved would like alternate bids considered. The only exception? The @football_league - bizarre.

@joemichalczuk: PKF...Portpin...HMRC...PFA...1000s of fans united in belief other bids should be considered. Baffling stance from @football_league

@joemichalczuk: A stance that right now is being challenged legally by all of those mentioned above. Do they want us liquidated? Only logical explanation.

Edited by trousers

@joemichalczuk: What is crystal clear is this: Everyone involved would like alternate bids considered. The only exception? The @football_league - bizarre.

@joemichalczuk: PKF...Portpin...HMRC...PFA...1000s of fans united in belief other bids should be considered. Baffling stance from @football_league

Indeed. The FL's excuse of "it's too late to consider any other bid" is truly bizarre if taken at face value, especially as everyone else involved (PKF, Portpin, PFA) are happy for it to go ahead and it could complete before this court case is ever heard.

As I say though, if taken at face value....:suspicious:

@joemichalczuk: A stance that right now is being challenged legally by all of those mentioned above. Do they want us liquidated? Only logical explanation.

It seems ever clearer to me that the FL want PFC gone.

They don't want to be seen to do it themselves, but want the PST to do it for them, because they don't really believe that the PST plan is viable.

The skates all await a new dawn

Their buy-out plans drawn and re-drawn

But Chin’s got a plan

To extract what he can

While the Nutjobs are all eating popcorn

Insane Genius !

:lol::D

Think it's time for some of this ....................

popcorn1-237x300.jpg

Edited by ZepSaint

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})