Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Today's clutching at straws News story....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/racon-drogba-was-a-huge-help-to-my-career-1-4805802

Good to see a lot of the comments referring to an event that never happened (the hanky waving)....still, best not let the facts get in the way of a good myth....

A couple of pre-war titles before the advent of mass TV will keep them very warm on a freezing Tuesday night at Morecambe, Fleetwood and various other delightful places they will be visiting next season - if the PST bid even succeeds.

Why the f*ck did they need to adjourn previous dates when they were only to set a date for the main event????????

Why not set a date and then adjourn that???

:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

One suspects that its is a better use of resources. Arranging a date for the full hearing should involve the judge, a couple of lawyers and only a few minutes as one assumes the lawyers have agreed a timescale for the full court case before they go before the beak. For the full event we are talking a couple of days by the sounds of it in a full court room and all these things (judges time, lawyers time, court room time, etc) need to be scheduled so they have to be fairly sure it will be going ahead before they try and fit it in.

@NabilHassan79: #pompey court case definitely going ahead tomorrow I'm told, but worth noting it is only the date to set the date for the full hearing.

Why the **** do people need to go to court to set a date for a court case? Just set the date and be done with it FFS! #rant over

more to the point, why would you adjourn a court date to set a court date? Why not go to court and set the bloody date a fair way ahead to give you time to get your act together?

more to the point, why would you adjourn a court date to set a court date? Why not go to court and set the bloody date a fair way ahead to give you time to get your act together?

Because one assumes that in these cases there would be extra expense involved once a court is booked for the full trial and in many cases one suspects the sides reach an agreement without having to go to full trial so its in everyone's interest to only proceed to a full court case once it is clear that it can't be resolved away from the court beforehand.

A better class of Pompey supporter seems to read the Torygraph :-

Andy Grace

27 minutes ago

" Since it was

launched the supporters have been described as “amateurs” (which is rather

the point) and faced accusations that they do not have the money to complete

(administrator Trevor Birch says that they do)."

But what if

a)their very low valuation for Fratton Park is not agreed

b) Players who have already gone unpaid and/or agreed to reduced payments from earlier financial problems do not agree to wait even longer for their money.

c) A council loan, the conditions of which seem difficult to fulfil when taking into account rules regarding parachute payments and the football creditors rule, is not forthcoming.

Do they still have the money to complete then?

This story still has far to go

noavatar32.png

gregmatthews

6 minutes ago

Unfortunately I had to withdraw my pledge as I simply couldn't afford to convert it after pledging back in March. Still havn't released the actual number of converted pledges yet and unfortunately the lack of transparency from the trust is incredibly frustrating. However after withdrawing my pledge the Trust have made it clear they aren't interested in my thoughts!

A lot of proper Pompey like myself want the club to survive but hope the ego of the self appointed fans running the club can be reigned in. Really can't see BC selling on the cheap, why should he? That will mean we start again with debt having still not paid off the debtors from the last 2 admins. All in all pretty depressing down here right now, a miracle in Court would certainly cheer us up a bit!

"Since it was launched the supporters have been described as “amateurs” (which is rather the point) and faced accusations that they do not have the money to complete (administrator Trevor Birch says that they do)."

Erm....they've been "ready to go" for weeks, nay months, now....so, what's the hold up Mr Birch? Either they've got the money or they haven't....

A better class of Pompey supporter seems to read the Torygraph :-

Andy Grace

27 minutes ago

" Since it was

launched the supporters have been described as “amateurs” (which is rather

the point) and faced accusations that they do not have the money to complete

(administrator Trevor Birch says that they do)."

But what if

a)their very low valuation for Fratton Park is not agreed

b) Players who have already gone unpaid and/or agreed to reduced payments from earlier financial problems do not agree to wait even longer for their money.

c) A council loan, the conditions of which seem difficult to fulfil when taking into account rules regarding parachute payments and the football creditors rule, is not forthcoming.

Do they still have the money to complete then?

This story still has far to go

noavatar32.png

gregmatthews

6 minutes ago

Unfortunately I had to withdraw my pledge as I simply couldn't afford to convert it after pledging back in March. Still havn't released the actual number of converted pledges yet and unfortunately the lack of transparency from the trust is incredibly frustrating. However after withdrawing my pledge the Trust have made it clear they aren't interested in my thoughts!

A lot of proper Pompey like myself want the club to survive but hope the ego of the self appointed fans running the club can be reigned in. Really can't see BC selling on the cheap, why should he? That will mean we start again with debt having still not paid off the debtors from the last 2 admins. All in all pretty depressing down here right now, a miracle in Court would certainly cheer us up a bit!

Mr Grace is a fellow scumma nutjob init! Surely Mr Matthews must be part of the JM's smear campaign against the bestest? Or also be another nutjob in disguise? Far to classy and intelligent to be DCSB's!

twitter_normal.jpgNabil Hassan ‏@NabilHassan79

#pompey Supporters Trust spokesman Colin Farmery says confirmation of court hearing is another "significant step":

So, whenever the court case is adjourned it's "good news for the Trust because it gives us more time" yet when the case goes ahead it's "good news for the Trust because we're moving forward".

Cake and eat it Mr Farmery?

Thursday's #pompey hearing to set date for full court case is likely to be fast-tracked I'm told so could be heard in full within two weeks.

#pompey Supporters Trust spokesman Colin Farmery says confirmation of court hearing is another "significant step":

So, whenever the court case is adjourned it's "good news for the Trust because it gives us more time" yet when the case goes ahead it's "good news for the Trust because we're moving forward".

Cake and eat it Mr Farmery?

Thursday's #pompey hearing to set date for full court case is likely to be fast-tracked I'm told so could be heard in full within two weeks.

Yep. It should be fast-tracked. The court should put themselves out for the people who've put them off 4 times already.

Everything is one way traffic with those down the road.

I married a young girl called Kate

She then dumped me and ran off with a Skate

I do not blame her

But her admirer

It's my brother-in-law that I hate.

Just thought I'd add a little something to this thread lest it go down in internet history, so bored am I.

I married a young girl called Kate

She then dumped me and ran off with a Skate

I do not blame her

But her admirer

It's my brother-in-law that I hate.

Just thought I'd add a little something to this thread lest it go down in internet history, so bored am I.

You know what you've gone and done. A whole new meme to keep us occupied, Nutjob Limericks

I'll chip in with

The blue few formed their own trust

To stop their club going bust

But we have no doubt

Their funds will run out

And all of their dreams turn to dust.

Next.

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.png

‏@
pn_neil_allen

Just checking, the resignation of
@
joemichalczuk
from Express FM isn’t going to be used to prompt another court adjournment is it?
#
Pompey

dppk1f2wrurprir1gffc_normal.jpeg
Tiger Blue
‏@
TigerPFC

pn_neil_allen
@
joemichalczuk
u shd be a little more humble Neil, perhaps u would resign from NEWS on a matter of principle, no, thought not

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
TigerPFC
@
joemichalczuk
Don’t be ridiculous. It is called banter, Joe understands that.

‏@
pn_neil_allen

Sad to see
@
joemichalczuk
quit Express. For all I disagreed with some of his
#
Pompey
politics, he is actually a great lad and a massive fan.

3dfc050fe9546ee6aa15265c571ee718_normal.jpeg

‏@
JasonWiltshire

@
pn_neil_allen
Nothing on The News site about
@
joemichalczuk
resigning from Express FM. How come?

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
JasonWiltshire
I’m on holiday nothing to do with me. Nothing on TalkSport or Solent either…..

‏@
JasonWiltshire

@
pn_neil_allen
Ha! Fair enough. Surprised nothing in The News. Surely local radio presenter quits due to alleged PST harassment is a story1

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
JasonWiltshire
The statement containing those allegations has now been removed. All rather messy.

‏@
pn_neil_allen

Sad to see
@
joemichalczuk
quit Express. For all I disagreed with some of his
#
Pompey
politics, he is actually a great lad and a massive fan.

‏@
JasonWiltshire

@
pn_neil_allen
Nothing on The News site about
@
joemichalczuk
resigning from Express FM. How come?

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
JasonWiltshire
I’m on holiday nothing to do with me. Nothing on TalkSport or Solent either…..

‏@
JasonWiltshire

@
pn_neil_allen
Ha! Fair enough. Surprised nothing in The News. Surely local radio presenter quits due to alleged PST harassment is a story1

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
JasonWiltshire
The statement containing those allegations has now been removed. All rather messy.

#factlessallen is a patronising ****

‏@
pn_neil_allen

Just checking, the resignation of
@
joemichalczuk
from Express FM isn’t going to be used to prompt another court adjournment is it?
#
Pompey

dppk1f2wrurprir1gffc_normal.jpeg
Tiger Blue
‏@
TigerPFC

pn_neil_allen
@
joemichalczuk
u shd be a little more humble Neil, perhaps u would resign from NEWS on a matter of principle, no, thought not

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
TigerPFC
@
joemichalczuk
Don’t be ridiculous. It is called banter, Joe understands that.

Shame #factlessallen doesn't think it's merely "banter" and blocks anyone on twitter who dares to ask a question that he wouldn't like the answer to.

What's this all about??

34582_106609642724935_100001276988812_49248_1410538_n_normal.jpg

‏@
SjMaskell

@SjMaskell's account is protected.

q3qhs42s6r0cpf36oe2f_normal.jpeg

‏@
Walkthe9T2

@Walkthe9T2's account is protected.

‏@
pn_neil_allen

@pn_neil_allen's account is protected.

me_normal.jpg

‏@
mrlibertine

@mrlibertine's account is protected.

Neil Allen
‏@
pn_neil_allen

@
GillsrUs
@
mrlibertine
This should be reported to the please immediately then. Can be no room for that at the club.

My first twitter trolling :-

7e0c47cb82e099b64b8528640dadcb73_normal.pngBob Bain ‏@bobjbain

@pn_neil_allen @joemichalczuk shame that anyone who "banters" with you, or asks awkward questions, gets blocked then

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@bobjbain @joemichalczuk Why should I really want to communicate with Southampton fans? So jog on, no interest in what you have to say.

The guy really is an insular little ***** isn't he...

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

@bobjbain @joemichalczuk Why should I really want to communicate with Southampton fans? So jog on, no interest in what you have to say.

The guy really is an insular little ***** isn't he...

Maybe remind him that Southampton FC were (are still?) a Pompey creditor (c.£33k IIRC) and also that Southampton fans also happen to be taxpayers ergo we have a vested interested in conversing with a Portsmouth "journalist" who might be able to assist with our grievances in respect of the money Pompey diddled out of the exchequer...

Does anyone know how many 'Fans trust' clubs there are?

One of the first, I recollect, was Non league Ebbsfleet who started with 27,000 odd members paying £35 each and they all had a say in the club's admin and team selection policy.

However 3 years down the line only 3,500 members remain and the club is back in financial difficulty.

Surely something similar couldn't happen to Portsmyth FC could it?

I think what is very obvious is that Neil Allen doesn't like facts, so having them pointed out to him by us isn't going to get very far.

**** reporter, **** paper, **** club... etc.

Credit to factlessallen, he saw yellow journalism and gave it just the right tint of blue so that the locals could enjoy it without engaging their brains one ioata.

Lets's face it, you could **** on the skates, tell them it's raining and expect them to lap it up if you told them they were the bestest afterwards.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})