Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Am surprised at how poor Pompeys support has been this season. Was impressed with them in the prem but when other prem clubs like Leeds, Wednesday, City, Saints, Norwich etc, got relegated to league 1 level their support stayed at 20k+, seems like most Pompey fans were only there to watch the bright stars of the prem, not a good sign going forward, especially now when your club needs you more than ever!

- WappingMatt, London, United Kingdom, 19/2/2013 10:23

WappingMatt: Those clubs got relegated under different circumstances, their gates remained high as they were on the road back going for promotion from Div 3, we havnt won in 20 games and are certain to go down and yet have the second highest average gate in the league. Also they were not being bled dry/asset stripped by their "owner". And to other Pompey Fans, Please dont pander to Durhams idiotic reaction baiting style, like I just did then.

- Pablo, Cádiz, Spain, 19/2/2013 11:00

--

Where have all the Pompey fans gone, asks Durham? If you follow the news, you would know that they have been busy putting together a package to save their club. You would know that thanks to the efforts of the Portsmouth Supporters Trust, the Football League are so impressed by the business plan they have put toegtehr that they will not deal with anyone else in the saga to buy the club. you would also know that thousands have pledged their onw cash to take a share in the PST. That even though Pompey are bottom of table, they still manage to get the second highest attendances in League One. And that once the waters - that are being deliberately muddied by unscrupulous outsiders - have cleared, many more will flock back to Fratton Park and pledge their cash to the PST. Perhaps Durham should learn to read a newspaper or find out how to turn on the radio.

- Dinksy, Torbay, United Kingdom, 19/2/2013 10:31

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

.... funny but having the 'second highest attendance in the league (L2) is frcken irrelevent - Unless that is considered by tehir fans to be their natural level... Durham is making the point that 50% have fecked off since they were all there supporting the Gunners... Are they really that dumbass down there? :facepalm:

As to the football league being really supportinve and impressed by the PST bid... have they not considered the specail agent cunning plan by the FL... in that they want shot of the rotting corpse and the best way to do that is to let the PST continue to argue with Chinney over the ground value, until teh end of sesaosn clock runs out... and they get booted out? :D

As to the football league being really supportinve and impressed by the PST bid... have they not considered the specail agent cunning plan by the FL... in that they want shot of the rotting corpse and the best way to do that is to let the PST continue to argue with Chinney over the ground value, until teh end of sesaosn clock runs out... and they get booted out? :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has come to this conclusion

As to the football league being really supportinve and impressed by the PST bid... have they not considered the specail agent cunning plan by the FL... in that they want shot of the rotting corpse and the best way to do that is to let the PST continue to argue with Chinney over the ground value' date=' until teh end of sesaosn clock runs out... and they get booted out? :D[/quote']

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has come to this conclusion

All the while s******ing behind their hands, saying "We gave you every chance to buy your club.."

Where have all the Pompey fans gone, asks Durham? If you follow the news, you would know that they have been busy putting together a package to save their club. You would know that thanks to the efforts of the Portsmouth Supporters Trust, the Football League are so impressed by the business plan they have put toegtehr that they will not deal with anyone else in the saga to buy the club. you would also know that thousands have pledged their onw cash to take a share in the PST. That even though Pompey are bottom of table, they still manage to get the second highest attendances in League One. And that once the waters - that are being deliberately muddied by unscrupulous outsiders - have cleared, many more will flock back to Fratton Park and pledge their cash to the PST. Perhaps Durham should learn to read a newspaper or find out how to turn on the radio.

This has to be one of us doesn't it? Surely?

Which doesn't make them bad fans, it makes them just the same as everyone else. No worse but equally no better.

What they're also failing to mention is that 8,000 odd of that figure is season ticket holders, half of whom don't bother turning up.

Actual attendance is probably 2k-3k lower....

No I think that post is 100% sincere.

No I think that post is 100% sincere.

Tragic.

Have I missed Neil Allen's poll of the creditors as to who the new owner should be?

Sort of proves that the idiot Allen still hasn't grasped the basics of the situation. Creditors? What are they?

(If I new how to insert face palm I would)

Edited by Fitzhugh Fella

Sort of proves that the idiot Allen still hasn't grasped the basics of the situation. Creditors? What are they?

Me neither, maybe some clever poster will tell us all how to do a 'face palm' so that we can all join in !!

The civil war and infighting has claimed its first victim: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l3dsqn

The fate of Portsmouth Football Club is more important to me than my job commentating on the side – and the future of radio in our great city is also more important to me than my role at Express FM.

It is for these two reasons that I have chosen to stand down as commentator of the club I’ve supported all my life.

The abuse - including death threats - I have personally received has quite simply been depressing to receive from fellow Pompey “fans. “

Fully paid up members of the Supporters Trust have been allowed to threaten sponsors of the radio station to pull adverts, they’ve advocated violence against people who disagree with them and have made a series of homophobic, abusive comments with no reprimand – at the very least they should have been thrown out of the Trust.

But by taking a stand against such people, the trust would be decimated: These are the same people who hand out fliers at the trust bus, the ‘fans’ who delve into databases of who have and haven’t pledged and then out them on twitter, the ‘fans’ with the keys to Fratton Park who swan about, insulting members of staff at PFC saying ‘I’m going to be paying your wages soon’.

These are the “fans” who some of you profess to want to own your football club.

Do me a favour, next time you’re at Fratton Park ask a steward, a turnstile operator, the person who serves you your cup of tea and ask them what they think about the trust? You may be surprised by their answer.

While I appreciate that many of the above are the great unwashed of Portsmouth, the Dickensian vagabonds who sat at the back of classrooms swinging on their chairs picking up half an O Level: They are also the fans, who feel invincible, shout the loudest and drown out the majority – the decent folk who I speak to every week, who want to watch PFC and be able to raise concerns without fear of abuse and ridicule.

Before they are even in power, they advocate boycotting the local radio station without thinking of the consequence. What about the hundreds of youngsters who want to pursue a career in the media? Where would they go if Express shut down? What about the tireless staff at Express whose jobs are threatened by the thugs who go into advertisers demanding they pull their adverts?

I’ll repeat: These are the “fans” who some of you profess to want to own your football club.

If they’re like this now, what will they be like if the Trust get in?

Decent, Pompey folk will be hounded out of their football club by power crazed, half witted, cloth eared, one-handed typists who will spend half their time shouting homophobic, racist abuse at our League 2 players while checking internet message boards for conspiracy theories of why man never landed on the moon.

Some of course will get bored of their current crusade and go and support their second teams, others will have costly legal fees to deal with (cease and desist letters have already been sent out to a few of our ‘saviours’) and who will be left?....

Us.

The true fans of this football club…the hundreds who I speak to every week, who email and tweet me to tell me to keep my chin up.

The fans who don’t resort to abuse, to violence, to threatening behaviour. The fans who respect, appreciate and value alternate opinions.

The fans who don’t buy into a cause –simply because someone shouts at them to do so.

Now that I’ve resigned, my gag has been lifted and I will be speaking up for the masses at every opportunity. I have more followers that the trust has pledges – and I won’t be afraid to use that audience for the good of Portsmouth Football Club.

The people at the top of the Trust are decent, life-long Pompey fans who will always have my upmost respect and admiration – but as an organisation it’s a shambles: thugs are running riot, unchecked and un-disciplined. It is quite simply rotten to the core.

They are not representative of my city, of my football club and unless the trust addresses that by engaging with the many who are sceptical, by disciplining those who run riot in their name, then we as a club face a fragmented future: Consigned to Lower league mediocrity, run by ‘fans’ who don’t represent the community they are meant to stand for.

We are already in the age of rule by censorship and fear – and unless we speak up it will continue.

There are twists and turns to come in the court case, I will deal with these going forward, unshackled by the constraints of the people who wish to silence me via propaganda and abuse.

It’s time to reclaim the football club for us – for true Pompey fans – I can’t wait to get started and do it.

The civil war and infighting has claimed its first victim: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l3dsqn

Ouch....

"I have more followers that the trust has pledges – and I won’t be afraid to use that audience for the good of Portsmouth Football Club.

The people at the top of the Trust are decent, life-long Pompey fans who will always have my upmost respect and admiration – but as an organisation it’s a shambles: thugs are running riot, unchecked and un-disciplined. It is quite simply rotten to the core."

:lol:

1t0dwk.gif

Me neither, maybe some clever poster will tell us all how to do a 'face palm' so that we can all join in !!

: facepalm : (without the space between the colon and facepalm and facepalm and the colon)

:facepalm:

That statement is incredible.

Incidentally, Joe Michalczuk has 1001 followers.

1000 * 1001 = 1,001,000

Based on his assertion of him having more followers then the trust have pledges, The trust barely have one million pounds of cash to buy the club.

The fate of Portsmouth Football Club is more important to me than my job commentating on the side – and the future of radio in our great city is also more important to me than my role at Express FM.

It is for these two reasons that I have chosen to stand down as commentator of the club I’ve supported all my life.

The abuse - including death threats - I have personally received has quite simply been depressing to receive from fellow Pompey “fans. “

Fully paid up members of the Supporters Trust have been allowed to threaten sponsors of the radio station to pull adverts, they’ve advocated violence against people who disagree with them and have made a series of homophobic, abusive comments with no reprimand – at the very least they should have been thrown out of the Trust.

But by taking a stand against such people, the trust would be decimated: These are the same people who hand out fliers at the trust bus, the ‘fans’ who delve into databases of who have and haven’t pledged and then out them on twitter, the ‘fans’ with the keys to Fratton Park who swan about, insulting members of staff at PFC saying ‘I’m going to be paying your wages soon’.

These are the “fans” who some of you profess to want to own your football club.

Do me a favour, next time you’re at Fratton Park ask a steward, a turnstile operator, the person who serves you your cup of tea and ask them what they think about the trust? You may be surprised by their answer.

While I appreciate that many of the above are the great unwashed of Portsmouth, the Dickensian vagabonds who sat at the back of classrooms swinging on their chairs picking up half an O Level: They are also the fans, who feel invincible, shout the loudest and drown out the majority – the decent folk who I speak to every week, who want to watch PFC and be able to raise concerns without fear of abuse and ridicule.

Before they are even in power, they advocate boycotting the local radio station without thinking of the consequence. What about the hundreds of youngsters who want to pursue a career in the media? Where would they go if Express shut down? What about the tireless staff at Express whose jobs are threatened by the thugs who go into advertisers demanding they pull their adverts?

I’ll repeat: These are the “fans” who some of you profess to want to own your football club.

If they’re like this now, what will they be like if the Trust get in?

Decent, Pompey folk will be hounded out of their football club by power crazed, half witted, cloth eared, one-handed typists who will spend half their time shouting homophobic, racist abuse at our League 2 players while checking internet message boards for conspiracy theories of why man never landed on the moon.

Some of course will get bored of their current crusade and go and support their second teams, others will have costly legal fees to deal with (cease and desist letters have already been sent out to a few of our ‘saviours’) and who will be left?....

Us.

The true fans of this football club…the hundreds who I speak to every week, who email and tweet me to tell me to keep my chin up.

The fans who don’t resort to abuse, to violence, to threatening behaviour. The fans who respect, appreciate and value alternate opinions.

The fans who don’t buy into a cause –simply because someone shouts at them to do so.

Now that I’ve resigned, my gag has been lifted and I will be speaking up for the masses at every opportunity. I have more followers that the trust has pledges – and I won’t be afraid to use that audience for the good of Portsmouth Football Club.

The people at the top of the Trust are decent, life-long Pompey fans who will always have my upmost respect and admiration – but as an organisation it’s a shambles: thugs are running riot, unchecked and un-disciplined. It is quite simply rotten to the core.

They are not representative of my city, of my football club and unless the trust addresses that by engaging with the many who are sceptical, by disciplining those who run riot in their name, then we as a club face a fragmented future: Consigned to Lower league mediocrity, run by ‘fans’ who don’t represent the community they are meant to stand for.

We are already in the age of rule by censorship and fear – and unless we speak up it will continue.

There are twists and turns to come in the court case, I will deal with these going forward, unshackled by the constraints of the people who wish to silence me via propaganda and abuse.

It’s time to reclaim the football club for us – for true Pompey fans – I can’t wait to get started and do it.

If The Express have been getting that kind of grief from the PST, it's no wonder that they reacted the way they did to Allen defending it.

Steve Wilson ‏@pn_steve_wilson

I must admit, I'm still reeling from the big news that has recently emerged. The little plastic bit has come off the end of my shoelace..

Classy :|

Absolutely. What a ****. Show a little sympathy for the guy FFS. That reaction just shows all that's bad about the Trust and it's supporters. Morons.

I wonder if this is why the Snooze follows the Trust so blindly. Afraid of the consequences of not. The rag must be hardly keeping it's head above water anyway.

That statement is incredible.

Incidentally, Joe Michalczuk has 1001 followers.

1000 * 1001 = 1,001,000

Based on his assertion of him having more followers then the trust have pledges, The trust barely have one million pounds of cash to buy the club.

That how many he's following. He's actually got 2,233 followers

q3qhs42s6r0cpf36oe2f_normal.jpegWalkthe92 ‏@Walkthe9T2

@bobbeech @Cheesepipe @joemichalczuk It's a pretty vile attack on the PST Board and everyone who has helped so far. Personally I'm appalled.

32e17ab55e632fd65c62952dc323a5b6_normal.jpegJoe Michalczuk ‏@joemichalczuk

@Walkthe9T2 @bobbeech @Cheesepipe I'll interject here: there is no attack on the PST board - in fact only "respect, praise and admiration"

3epuiis7oroabgyc2154_normal.jpegBob Beech ‏@bobbeech

@joemichalczuk @walkthe9t2 @cheesepipe So who are you attacking? Me? I've handed out leaflets am I those people Joe?

@bobbeech @Walkthe9T2 @Cheesepipe is this the issue that you're up in arms about? Fine will address it.

To clarify: "people who hand out fliers at the trust bus" is not singling any individual out. It is a turn of phrase.Not specfici accusation

Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

What's the background to this Joe M stuff then? I obviously don't spend enough time on twitter.

The way I understand it is that he is (was) the commentator for Express FM for Pompey games, and has raised questions about the suitability and viability of the PDT's bid. Naturally that's got the trust's keyboard warriors onto him hurling all sorts of abuse, and he's finally decided he can't be arsed with the hassle anymore.

I can see a certain express fm reporter ditching his twitter account at this rate. Real shame if he does, had some sensible arguements.

Which is exactly what they want, clearing another hurdle in the way for the lunatics who want to run the asylum.

The best thing about this is that even the most ridiculous, convoluted, unbelievable story lines from the worst tv shows look sane and normal by comparison.

I'm not really sure when the Pompey Takeover Saga jumped the shark. Maybe when the convicted fraudster was bought in to manage the finances? That really wasn't believable, it felt like the writers were just trying too hard with that one and had just gone a step too far.

This is just a taster for all the infighting we are guaranteed should the PST somehow manage to succeed in their purchase. For that reason alone we should all be rooting for them to succeed. So much so, perhaps we should all club together and buy a share? :lol:

The way I understand it is that he is (was) the commentator for Express FM for Pompey games, and has raised questions about the suitability and viability of the PDT's bid. Naturally that's got the trust's keyboard warriors onto him hurling all sorts of abuse, and he's finally decided he can't be arsed with the hassle anymore.

Hmm bit more to it than that. He or his family allegedly had some sort of beef with the property developer involved with the PDT which is why he has a bit of a vendetta against them. He does ask some relevant questions but TBF he is also heavily biased against the trust.

This is just a taster for all the infighting we are guaranteed should the PST somehow manage to succeed in their purchase. For that reason alone we should all be rooting for them to succeed. So much so, perhaps we should all club together and buy a share? :lol:

I wouldn't give the spare change down the back of the sofa to that lot, no matter what amusement I may get from it...

It'll be another Notts County if it does go through anyway.

After 10 minutes they'll realise they haven't got a pot to p1ss in, and they haven't got a hope of 'being competitive', even in L1 or L2. (Ask Barry Hearn at Orient how much of his personal wealth he p1sses down the drain each year just to stand still.)

The PST will sink quicker than a stone and then they'll sell out to the first 'rich' investor (photocopier salesman) who flutters his eyelashes at them

Edited by Winchester Red

Pretty much. I've not seen JM do anything on twitter but raise perfectly valid concerns and ask perfectly reasonable questions (in fact, it's hard to believe he's a skate at times) and get jumped on by everyone who dogmatically sticks to their PST = Good, AnythingElse = Evil, most of whom seem to be little short of imbeciles.

He posed a very good hypothetical question a while back - if the PST want what is best for the club, and another bidder comes along who would offer a demonstrably better future for PFC than the PST could, would the PST drop their dip and throw their weight behind the new bidder? Without any thought at all, this was jumped on by the PST groupie retards as yet more proof that JM was "anti-trust" and would best be burned at the stake. It was a truly :facepalm: episode.

I almost, almost, feel a bit sorry for him.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})