Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hasn't a large chunk of money just landed? The February Parachute Payment?

Does that mean PKF will use it as they see fit rather than as required by the PST business plan?

Or are they 'looking after it' for them'?

If the Football Creditors have gone from 1st to 3rd in the priority list for PST surely what happens to the Feb PP is crucial as they need it for other people?

PKF won't be giving it to the council or Robinson because that's nothing to do with them. Football Creditors are though!

i often read this thread, to amuse myself after a long day at work, but there seems to me that i must have got something wrong or some of you have. When did the football league block the harris deal? i mean actually block it? from what i have read/heard they are only saying that pfc cannot play in the football league should harris take over. what people seem to forget is that this is a company in admin, the fact they are a football club shouldn't matter. pkf can choose the harris bid and the fl cannot stop them, they can expel them from the league but they can't actually stop them selling the club. it is what is best for the creditors surly not the fans/league/reputation etc....

i often read this thread, to amuse myself after a long day at work, but there seems to me that i must have got something wrong or some of you have. When did the football league block the harris deal? i mean actually block it? from what i have read/heard they are only saying that pfc cannot play in the football league should harris take over. what people seem to forget is that this is a company in admin, the fact they are a football club shouldn't matter. pkf can choose the harris bid and the fl cannot stop them, they can expel them from the league but they can't actually stop them selling the club. it is what is best for the creditors surly not the fans/league/reputation etc....

This is all true....And one of the little facts that makes everything so much more fun. :)

Whatever happens, it's like the skates are thirsty, but the only way to quench that thirst is to drink their own pee. :)

The Football League‏@football_league

Football League statement re Portsmouth: 1/3 As stated after its most recent meeting...

2/3 The Board of The Football League is not considering alternative applications for the transfer of Portsmouth's share in The FL

3/3 Instead, it remains focussed on a successful transfer of share to the preferred bidder, the Pompey Supporters Trust

Football League statement re Portsmouth: 1/3 As stated after its most recent meeting...

2/3 The Board of The Football League is not considering alternative applications for the transfer of Portsmouth's share in The FL

3/3 Instead, it remains focussed on a successful transfer of share to the preferred bidder, the Pompey Supporters Trust

Football league in sticking to its guns shocker.... Stock up on the popcorn folks :)

As they plummet down the leagues, the retention of the golden share is of less and less importance to them anyway. The way they are headed they'll be out the FL in 18 months' time anyway.

Oh good

It's not quite that black and white. Birch also has an obligation to the the long term validity of the business as well as ensuring the CVA has the best chance of being honured.

He would successfully argue that without the golden share, the company has no long term prospects and the chance of the CVA being honured as a non footballing business is non existent.

But the Harris bid has already done it's job. Chinny has a story to tell the judge.

Edited by Gemmel

He left Swindon because they sold ONE player

Why would he join a team with NO players!

:lol:

I like the sentiment but I think there's a tad more to it than that! According to this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21499926

"The 44-year-old was set to quit last week because of off-the-field events, including the sale of Matt Richie. But the ex-West Ham forward said he would have stayed on had the Football League agreed to the purchase of the club by new owners by 1700 GMT "

But it still begs the question which is 'why would he move to Poopey where the ownership is even more shaky'?

I'm confused on Keith Harris.s statement . He states the bid is made by him and two co investors . Yet later mentions a lot of the fans are behind the bid . Who are these two co investors . are they skate fans who are either british or British citizens and how comes it was meant to be a pst bid . Seems a total contradiction with his vision . Is Harris bi polar ? I had to laugh when he said a lot of fans are behind the bid clearly not all of them . Also how do you choose a fan to be on the board. Did we not have that issue pre Markus days ?

Attempting to use simple maths , if the PST put up say £3m for 100% of the club, therefore becoming owners; then surely £3m for 15% of the Harris bid means the club would be valued at £10m and have a chance of making better progress back up the leagues.

Therefore as a 'Nutjob', I'm right behind the PST taking control !!

It's not quite that black and white. Birch also has an obligation to the the long term validity of the business as well as ensuring the CVA has the best chance of being honured.

He would successfully argue that without the golden share, the company has no long term prospects and the chance of the CVA being honured as a non footballing business is non existent.

But the Harris bid has already done it's job. Chinny has a story to tell the judge.

Gemster.

A club playing in non-league with no debt and a clean ownership IS a viable business.

The BEST chance of getting the maximum for the CVA holders is now simply to take a share of any profits when nottarf is redeveloped.

That FL statement simply makes it easier to sell to the man with the most money on the table for the CVA the fastest.

IF Harris has any brains he will know that and that is what he will be working on.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

To the 3 Express FM employees who have complained about this poll. It’s a chance for #Pompey fans to have their say. Is that really wrong?

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM

@pn_neil_allen the poll is a disgrace. Report facts Allen, or don't you like facts?

@Matt_Law_SM Law you are a disgrace, lazy journalist. Anti-London, anti-Manchester, anti-the world. Always in the pub. Sort it owt.

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM

@pn_neil_allen just like you, lack of facts #factlessallen

And that is the important point.

To the 3 Express FM employees who have complained about this poll. It’s a chance for #Pompey fans to have their say. Is that really wrong?

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM

@pn_neil_allen the poll is a disgrace. Report facts Allen, or don't you like facts?

@Matt_Law_SM Law you are a disgrace, lazy journalist. Anti-London, anti-Manchester, anti-the world. Always in the pub. Sort it owt.

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM

Hahahahaha. Brilliant!

Gemster.

A club playing in non-league with no debt and a clean ownership IS a viable business.

The BEST chance of getting the maximum for the CVA holders is now simply to take a share of any profits when nottarf is redeveloped.

That FL statement simply makes it easier to sell to the man with the most money on the table for the CVA the fastest.

IF Harris has any brains he will know that and that is what he will be working on.

This is the nub of it for me, they don't HAVE to play in the FL, they can play non league and with their fans being the bestest and all that then they'll still get gates of 11k.

Speaking ahead of tonight's contest against promotion-chasing Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, Howard recalled: "I went in there (Portsmouth) in pre-season and was promised a lot of things. I was promised a three-year contract and they showed me a list of players they were going to bring in.

"I was told they were going to do what Southampton and Brighton had done – rebuild from the bottom up and get up to the next level and kick on again. They said they wanted to make me club captain and build a team around me.

"They wanted me to go there when they were rock bottom and help take them back to the top again. They told me I would be a hero.

Speaking ahead of tonight's contest against promotion-chasing Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, Howard recalled: "I went in there (Portsmouth) in pre-season and was promised a lot of things. I was promised a three-year contract and they showed me a list of players they were going to bring in.

"I was told they were going to do what Southampton and Brighton had done – rebuild from the bottom up and get up to the next level and kick on again. They said they wanted to make me club captain and build a team around me.

"They wanted me to go there when they were rock bottom and help take them back to the top again. They told me I would be a hero.

I don't know what is more painful for them,

Pompey fans having to see their club in the position it's in

or

Pompey fans hearing that the club are striving to be like Southampton.

Anyway back to my 667125_1.gif

Paul Smith (Mirror journo and Pompey fan) was on Express FM tonight saying he was part of a consortium that were trying to buy the club but couldn't get anywhere. Apparently the Trust backed out of a meeting with them and Simon Jordan was part of the bid. The obvious question is why they didn't contact PKF who seem desperate to sell to anyone but the PST.

Didn't dubai_phil mention this a few weeks ago, or am I going completely bonkers?

Simon Jordan himself said a while back that he didn't want to go forward with the bid as he knew fans preferred a community buy out. This interest is no secret.

The question more relevant is, why does Smith phone up now, and who put him up to it. What purpose does it serve, and whose interest does it serve?

I really think it's time to start getting 'tough' on Express, as we all know what sort of thing is going on by some of the people who broadcast on the station.

Anything remotely anti-PDT and they have to get 'tough' on it :facepalm:

I've already got tough on Express. I just never listen to it

Hang on Corpy, you started a thread by mentioning something you heard on Express FM... :facepalm:

I always used to try and tune into it on the way home, but by the time they had faffed about with adverts, re-run of the commentary and inane drivel I had already travelled up the A3M and passed Waterlooville - then the signal just drops out. So I gave up quite some time ago.

Sounds like their fanbase... I used to go to Fatpipes Park, but because of the inane drivel, I gave up quite some time ago... :lol:

And now onto #factlessallen and his twitter poll

Neil is running a poll on Twitter, a simple Yes or No as regards whether you want Harris or not. Whatever way you fall, contribute if you can so Neil gets a true picture.

Certain people are rubbishing the poll. Those people all centre from one place funnily enough.

If he looks at this thread (which we know he does ;) ), he'd see that most nutjobs prefer the PDT bid for the lol value :lol:

It's not a representative sample though. Neil Allen is getting exactly the result I'd expect from Twitter using Pompey fans who follow Neil Allen.

One or two skates beginning to see #factlessallen for what he really is

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM

what poll are they referring to?

"It was tough, because it's a really good club with really good players and good people down there. But it was one of those situations where you had to look after yourself."

Whoa hold on a minute Brian. No mention of the

bestest?

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Corp Ho on POL

Paul Smith (Mirror journo and Pompey fan) was on Express FM tonight saying he was part of a consortium that were trying to buy the club but couldn't get anywhere. Apparently the Trust backed out of a meeting with them and Simon Jordan was part of the bid. The obvious question is why they didn't contact PKF who seem desperate to sell to anyone but the PST.

Didn't dubai_phil mention this a few weeks ago, or am I going completely bonkers?

Anything remotely anti-PDT and they have to get 'tough' on it :facepalm:

Hang on Corpy, you started a thread by mentioning something you heard on Express FM... :facepalm:

Sounds like their fanbase... I used to go to Fatpipes Park, but because of the inane drivel, I gave up quite some time ago... :lol:

And now onto #factlessallen and his twitter poll

If he looks at this thread (which we know he does ;) ), he'd see that most nutjobs prefer the PDT bid for the lol value :lol:

One or two skates beginning to see #factlessallen for what he really is

Totally.

My analysis/guess/interpretation of events is something along the lines of

The issue back in October/November was that TB believed the Trust & HNW's were the real deal. As such he refused to speak to a group that had a solution to get them a clean club and money to run them.

TB (IMHO) felt pretty certain he had all the politics and paperwork he needed to win the court case to set a valuation for the ground (remember that anyone?)

Somehow or another Robinson (lots of jibes by me at the time about his Mrs) manouvered himself into a position where something went wrong in the relationship with TB at the Court Hearing and the whole thing fell apart and became a discussion between the varying parties.

Suddenly TB was looking at a black hole, no set date where he could force the sale/land valuation through and (oops) he had reached his cap on the fees he could take out the club. Suddenly he talked to anyone and everyone - at indistry events and to people who had been trying to talk to him before.

TB backed a horse that went lame and needed treatment. realised the game could take months (it has) fired all the players HE had signed in a bid to get them back to the Championship.

Then (of course) TB suddenly found himself hoisted by his petard. He had done such a good job on the Politics, NOBODY was going to listen to another consortium deal.

Catalogue of errors. He said trust or bust Oh I have changed my mind....

Totally.

My analysis/guess/interpretation of events is something along the lines of

The issue back in October/November was that TB believed the Trust & HNW's were the real deal. As such he refused to speak to a group that had a solution to get them a clean club and money to run them.

TB (IMHO) felt pretty certain he had all the politics and paperwork he needed to win the court case to set a valuation for the ground (remember that anyone?)

Somehow or another Robinson (lots of jibes by me at the time about his Mrs) manouvered himself into a position where something went wrong in the relationship with TB at the Court Hearing and the whole thing fell apart and became a discussion between the varying parties.

Suddenly TB was looking at a black hole, no set date where he could force the sale/land valuation through and (oops) he had reached his cap on the fees he could take out the club. Suddenly he talked to anyone and everyone - at indistry events and to people who had been trying to talk to him before.

TB backed a horse that went lame and needed treatment. realised the game could take months (it has) fired all the players HE had signed in a bid to get them back to the Championship.

Then (of course) TB suddenly found himself hoisted by his petard. He had done such a good job on the Politics, NOBODY was going to listen to another consortium deal.

Catalogue of errors. He said trust or bust Oh I have changed my mind....

The Comedy of Errors

Not a work by Shakespeare, just the result of an ingrained culture of insolvent trading

I don't know what is more painful for them,

Pompey fans having to see their club in the position it's in

or

Pompey fans hearing that the club are striving to be like Southampton.

Anyway back to my 667125_1.gif

Not keen on popcorn myself. Can we have an emoticon for eating canapés or hors d'oeuvres, for us posh fans ? ;)

I'm confused on Keith Harris.s statement . He states the bid is made by him and two co investors . Yet later mentions a lot of the fans are behind the bid . Who are these two co investors . are they skate fans who are either british or British citizens and how comes it was meant to be a pst bid . Seems a total contradiction with his vision . Is Harris bi polar ? I had to laugh when he said a lot of fans are behind the bid clearly not all of them . Also how do you choose a fan to be on the board. Did we not have that issue pre Markus days ?

I think you're getting bi-polar (manic depression) and psychitzophrenia confused, easily done.

Fans are "behind" the Harris bid in that they support it (over the PDT), not by putting money in.

Fan on the Board is a recipe for disaster IMHO

Lol, Adrian Durham lays into their fans today in his Daily Mail column, basically saying it's all well and good supporting the team against Arsenal when things go well but now the club needs them more than ever the ground is half empty. All true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2280954/Adrian-Durham-column-Jose-Mourinho-ideas-Arsene-Wenmger-watch-lower-leagues.html

When Portsmouth were flying and winning the FA Cup, the fans turned out in force on the south coast.

Thierry Henry wore a Portsmouth shirt at Fratton Park because he was so impressed with the Pompey fans. Yet on Saturday the stadium was half-full and the future of the club is still in doubt as they sit bottom of League One.

So where have all the fans gone? The club needs them now more than ever. The situation is so bad that after a 350-mile journey, Carlisle United were charged £20 to park the team coach at Fratton Park.

article-2280954-17AC47E9000005DC-922_634x420.jpg

Happy days: In 2006, Thierry Henry praised Portsmouth for their brilliant atmosphere and wore their shirt

article-2280954-17AC5516000005DC-179_634x616.jpg

Troubled times: Portsmouth need their famous support now more than ever

The Football League chairman Greg Clarke insisted last month that Portsmouth will be thrown out of the Football League if they don't exit administration by the summer. That is a serious threat.

There are plenty of millionaires living in Hampshire, plenty of rich businessmen in the south east of England, so how come none of them have come forward to help Pompey?

I feel for the fans, of course, but maybe Portsmouth is only a hotbed of football when things are going well.

The blue few won't like it, but Adrian Durham makes a good point!

1694de504fe049456c8693b30c467e30_normal.jpegMatty Porter ‏@MattPorter14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2280954/Adrian-Durham-column-Jose-Mourinho-ideas-Arsene-Wenmger-watch-lower-leagues.html …. #Pompey section rages me! Car park isn't owed by the club and secondly 22games without a win and fans still turn up

Portsmouth caretaker boss Guy Whittingham wants to keep on-loan Stevenage striker Patrick Agyemang until the end of the season.

Former QPR and Preston frontman Agyemang, currently on a month's loan at Fratton Park, helped Pompey make it two games unbeaten with a fine display in the 1-1 draw with Carlisle on Saturday.

"He's a decent footballer, he's been around, has a lot of experience and we are glad to have him," Whittingham told The News.

"We knew it was going to be a battle against Carlisle - they have two big centre-halves who like heading the ball, have good strength and play well. But we are pleased how Pat played against them.

"You need that in this league or League Two - you need that type of player, so it was vital we got someone in.

"It's surprising when you find out where some players go when they are in the Premier League one minute then here they are in League One.

"He's a great guy. He's quieter probably than most people think because he puts himself about on the football pitch, but he's a really nice guy.

"Pat's here for an initial month but if he does well - and Stevenage are happy - hopefully we will keep him until the end of the season."

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})