Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@PennyMordauntMP: Exciting game today+great to meet folk from the Carlisle Supporters Trust (25% owners of their club). They wish Pompey well, lovely people.

Thatsallright then.

I bet Porky Penny is looking forward to meeting loads of new folk in League 2 next season.

Ok so assuming that they only get the -10 points deduction in the 2013-2014 season....how many points to mathematical relegation?

Could we be looking at a record? What's the earliest recorded date for the relegation of a league team?

Assuming they don't use their "-10 get out of the league the wrong way" card then they are currently only 9 points below Colchester in 5th from bottom so quite a way to go before they are relegated just on their unadjusted total.

Assuming they don't use their "-10 get out of the league the wrong way" card then they are currently only 9 points below Colchester in 5th from bottom so quite a way to go before they are relegated just on their unadjusted total.

True, but if they are, say, 12 points adrift with 6 games to go, they are as close to certain to get relegated as makes no difference. To apply the 10 point penalty at that point would simply shift the odds of relegation from 99.9% to 100%. Which doesn't amount to much of a punishment tbh.

To stay in L1 last season required 50 points. So the Skates are likely to require about 27 points from 13 games even without the -10 deduction. Looks very remote. 7 wins and 6 draws and no losses needed.

Edited by TopGun

@ShaunTheCabbie: @GavinHannaford I don't think any #pompey fan can call #saintsfc or ANY other team a no-mark team!!

LLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLDD LOL

@GavinHannaford: @ShaunTheCabbie always in our shadow. Never won a title no marks who hang on every Pompey news because their clubs full of nothing

They will be praying for those -10, cos if they don't receive them then they will have been kicked out of the league.

Edited by Chez

@ShaunTheCabbie: @GavinHannaford I don't think any #pompey fan can call #saintsfc or ANY other team a no-mark team!!

LLLLLDDDLLLLLLLLLLLDD LOL

@GavinHannaford: @ShaunTheCabbie always in our shadow. Never won a title no marks who hang on every Pompey news because their clubs full of nothing

Yes, that history will keep you warm on a cold night at Plainmoor. We are so jealous.

I've not really been following this thread too closely but is it too late to form a Southampton Supporters trust and try to outbid the PST? Obviously Pompey fans are better than us but I reckon we've got more of them (aside from the 200,000 who lined the streets after they won the cup) as such I think we could raise more capital and out bid them.

Imagine the fun we could have if WE owned Pompey. We could rename Fratton, 'The Matt Le Tissier International Stadium' and paint the seats red and white. Then sign a load of players from the womens Sunday League.

@PennyMordauntMP: Exciting game today+great to meet folk from the Carlisle Supporters Trust (25% owners of their club). They wish Pompey well, lovely people.

I am sure with the amount of tax written off in various CVA's the public should already own more than that in Those Cheating Skate B@stards