Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I still don't understand this.

They are a week away from a winding up order court hearing?

The players still haven't been paid for last month?

and yet they are still signing more players? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8495353.stm

Well they don't really worry about paying people, so whats to worry about?

Can't imagine that unpaid local businesses are too impressed.

Well they don't really worry about paying people, so whats to worry about?

Can't imagine that unpaid local businesses are too impressed.

And yet not a word from the others teams fighting relegation.

If I were them, I would be battering the PL.

Whilst the PL aren't blameless in all of this, they are in a real fix with regard to what they can do. It looks to me like pompey are going for **** or bust; If they don't lose to HMRC they will get an extension by simply delaying tactics, which leaves them fighting for pl survival......if tyhey manage that, then they have something to sell, if not they are fooked anyway.

Whilst the PL aren't blameless in all of this, they are in a real fix with regard to what they can do. It looks to me like pompey are going for **** or bust; If they don't lose to HMRC they will get an extension by simply delaying tactics, which leaves them fighting for pl survival......if tyhey manage that, then they have something to sell, if not they are fooked anyway.

i think the PL are praying that its taken out of their hands, either by the WUO next week, or by them getting relegated

they are in serious **** street if neither of those happen, as pompey would be back as an almost viable concern at that point

If it wasn't for us playing them soon I would be quite relaxed about it, if anything wanting their relegation to be a long slow drawn out process with admin in the summer, and points deductions next year, but since the cup draw I hoped for a dramatic firesale of players to help us find a level playing field for the cup game.

As most of our new signings are cup tied we've got to hope the side who played against Ipswich have another top performance.

well the new player must be the only thing that Chainrai doesn't have a charge over!, is he due a signing on fee?

whats the PFA doing they should be telling players the chances of not getting paid , and do the players have insurance? what happens if one gets a career ending injury ?

Not according to this:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-staff-anger-as-club.6037231.jp

Admittedly there's no time on it, just today's date, but I should think they'd wait until wages should have been paid before reporting that they hadn't been.

was updated an hour or two ago. according to this they have been paid

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Pompey-players-finally-paid.6040570.jp

well the new player must be the only thing that Chainrai doesn't have a charge over!, is he due a signing on fee?

whats the PFA doing they should be telling players the chances of not getting paid , and do the players have insurance? what happens if one gets a career ending injury ?

If he has a floating charge over all assets (as reported) then he actually has a charge over the contracts of new signings as well...

Is this thread as confusing as the accounts at FP?

Even Avram seems confused perhaps thats why he's getting in new players and no one's told him about the 10th Feb or maybe he expects to be paid then? Bet the only ones providing a service to PCFC not indebted to is Unit One!!!!

I don't think it's the same company. Grosvenor Estates is owned by the Duke of Westminster.

However, this lot seem to be something different:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/f51a98e50251d20021f9601d5ed7cddb/compdetails

BTF you are right, I worked with them a couple of years ago and the sands of time are catching up and wreaking their revenge..... it is of course the Duke of Westminster and not Prince Phillip

If he has a floating charge over all assets (as reported) then he actually has a charge over the contracts of new signings as well...

Unless, as I understand it, they are liquidated. In which case the players become free agents. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not really, just shows how crap they are that they're still comfortably behind the likes of Hull, Burnley and Wolves :D

True. I'm just counting down the number of games they have left, reducing their chances of avoiding relegation as I have a nagging feeling that they wont go into admin just yet.

15 games left.

2 wins needed just to draw level.

13 games.

Do not see them beating Manure, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton or Villa.

8 games left effectively to save their season in my opinion.

The teams are above them are still completely garbage though which is annoying.

So they are on about 0.66 points per game. They do have quite a few home fixtures against teams they need to beat but I can't see them breaking 30 points even if they had an unlikely renaissance. That assumes they reach the end of the season as a live club or without 9 points docked.

With a bit of luck the whole thing will start affecting them anyway and they start to unravel dramatically on the pitch as well as off it. I feel there is a thin end of the wedge approaching as far as players' faith and patience with the entire scenario. It's a lot of pressure for the players to handle.

if Carlsberg did local rivals they would come to your place when ten points from safety and insolvent, in the very week that you book your Wembley tickets! - but let's not get ahead of ourselves...it's a long shot, they might be only eight points adrift by then.

So they are on about 0.66 points per game. They do have quite a few home fixtures against teams they need to beat but I can't see them breaking 30 points even if they had an unlikely renaissance. That assumes they reach the end of the season as a live club or without 9 points docked.

With a bit of luck the whole thing will start affecting them anyway and they start to unravel dramatically on the pitch as well as off it. I feel there is a thin end of the wedge approaching as far as players' faith and patience with the entire scenario. It's a lot of pressure for the players to handle.

The sooner the better!