Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

If Redknapp has this written into his contract, then chances are many more managers are doing the same thing.

Many have, but there is a difference between being bonused on something and actually manipulating situations via third parties, unbeknown to your employer, to ensure that a larger than normal bonus is paid. Unless the CEO is in on it of course.

Many have, but there is a difference between being bonused on something and actually manipulating situations via third parties, unbeknown to your employer, to ensure that a larger than normal bonus is paid. Unless the CEO is in on it of course.

Or both CEOs, of course. For every selling CEO and manager, there is always a buying CEO and manager...

So, if Chainrai owns the whole shooting match (minus Gaydamaks surrounding land)...... what exactly does Al Mirage "the owner" own??

I guess its an attempt to hive off the assets and leave the debts behind in a rump company. Wont work with HMRC though - the tax debts would take precedence.

So, if Chainrai owns the whole shooting match (minus Gaydamaks surrounding land)...... what exactly does Al Mirage "the owner" own??

the player registrations, thats about it. hence why he's asset stripping and trousering all the money, with no interest in paying any of the debts. or any of the staff, ahead of them going pop next week, now that he cant sell anymore players

Any chance you could knock one up of 'Arry p1ssing all over a Poopey Shirt? haha..

That is entirely possible, though I would need to find the time. ;)

Currently working on a comic-style sketch called 'Storrie-time' :D

for those of you who missed it the first time round.... this was especially for Corp Ho:

pompeylol2.jpg

Edited by Crab Lungs

For small clubs, perhaps there is some merit paying a bonus to a manger based on the profit that he made from selling players that he signed. If a manager can sign a player for £1m play him for a couple of years and the sell him on for £10m then it is a good job done. However they should also have to pay back an equal percentage of any losses made.

WHat is HR's record for players he signed - is he up or down?

For small clubs, perhaps there is some merit paying a bonus to a manger based on the profit that he made from selling players that he signed. If a manager can sign a player for £1m play him for a couple of years and the sell him on for £10m then it is a good job done. However they should also have to pay back an equal percentage of any losses made.

WHat is HR's record for players he signed - is he up or down?

Judging by his residence in Sandbanks..I'd say Up.

February is a very short month too; with tha last working day on the 26th.

Just over 3 weeks to the next payday.....tick tock tick tock.

Well it's looking more and more likely that they won't make it past the 10th anyway so I doubt that they are worried. Maybe they're not going to bother paying the January wages at all if they think they are going to be wound up.

Redknapp received a sum of around £100,000. He said: "I got a percentage of sell-on [fees] in my contract if I sold a player.

[/indent]Ever wondered why Rednapp is always looking to buy more and more players?

Speculate to accumulate.

Or accumulate to speculate.

As HR has now stated that in his contract, the tax authoriites should look at all player sales with a fine tooth comb. They could soon see if some payments were not made and then ask 'where did that money go, and to which accounts?'

This does explain why we bought nobody when he was here. RL conducted trhe dealings and so little room for HR to move

those in charge seem to have given up even pretending to run a legal business - no attempt at clearing debt, delayed wages, one big sneeze and the whole farce will fall over.

Someone needs to ask them if they are still trading - that could be the first question in court next week.

Ridiculous and criminal.

The thread covering the legal cases and convictions that MUST follow might even threaten the length of this one.....and yet they continue to bring in players who will never get paid, but could still relegate rivals who are not running their clubs illegally.

those in charge seem to have given up even pretending to run a legal business - no attempt at clearing debt, delayed wages, one big sneeze and the whole farce will fall over.

Someone needs to ask them if they are still trading - that could be the first question in court next week.

Ridiculous and criminal.

The thread covering the legal cases and convictions that MUST follow might even threaten the length of this one.....and yet they continue to bring in players who will never get paid, but could still relegate rivals who are not running their clubs illegally.

it's amazing that the world and his wife were saying that we desreved the penalties imposed. Even chairman of other clubs, the other clubs threatened by relegation are saying nothing!!

At least they will get a monkey petting zoo if MJ does purchase them :-(

I can happily report that this is NOT the case. Apparently he's been down to one of those Seaworld Centres you have so that he can copy their idea. He fully intends to set up a Skate Fiddling pool for the locals.

Meanwhile nice to see that Kanu ain't stupid....

http://www.tribalfootball.com/portsmouth-boss-grant-still-waiting-kanu-return-africa-619351

Seems he prefers staying in Angola than coming back to Nottarf Krap

The premierleague wont let them fail - too embarrassing for the league - they will get a hand out to get them to the seasons end....

I'm not saying that they won't, but can't see how they can. If Pompey manage to stay in business and in doing so avoid the drop at the expense of either Burnley, Bolton, Hull, or Wolves I'm sure each of those clubs will have something to say about it, especially when they have lived within their means.

Any intervention to help Pompey financially or otherwise would open up a huge can of worms for the Premier League surely?

It used to be quite common in the game, the thinking behind it was if a Manager improved a player and therefore made the Club a profit, then he deserves a cut of that profit. There was a time when Managers were very poorly paid compared to the players and this was an extra bit of income. With the advent of Sky and Clubs being run more like multi million pound Companies, this has gone from the game, it will only be the "old school" type Managers, if any, that still have this perk (I doubt if Redknapp has it at Spurs).

Whilst this was common practise, my understanding is that Storrie-Teller and Mandric also benefited from a % of any transfer profit.This is unheard of anywhere else and is a clear conflict of interest. Maybe the scout who recommended the player would have got a cut, along with the Manager, but for the owner and CEO to also get one, is highly suspect.