Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You are incredibly stupid aren't you?

Was the 7 Million you got (or rather didn't get!) the first payment of the season? Do you know how much you have got from TV money this year so far? And yet you claim you will get a further 23M without any proof.

First payment and by January? lol

So the way the Premier league pays its money is £7m in January and £23m at the end of the season?

lmfao...

Unless, of course, the football side is only part of the attraction and not a development around it that would pay for a large chunk of the stadium cost. A hotel/ conference centre and concert venue for example. Don't forget there's around £20m to come from the PL even for the team that finishes bottom (as we undoubtedly will) plus the parachute payments. My guess is that HMRC will do a deal as long as the club/ PL guarantee their cash will be paid out of the end of season SKY cash. I'm sure they'd rather get their money than wind the club up and get nothing.

Whether we'll be wound up or not and whether new owners will come in I'm not sure but I think your lots bitterness to all things blue is clouding your judgment on this one.

But there seems to be so many experts on here that I guess you all must be right and no-one will buy PFC :D

Ah AFC Southsea Tesco Travelodge Hockey Bowl Hall FC then.

HMRC will get their money both ways...if indeed what you say is true about income for this season a proportion would be available for their payment & as one of two or maybe three petitioners for the winding up they would be some way up the queue I would imagine.

The problem for your sad little franchise is that they have 'guaranteed', as you put it, payments, schedules of payments, end of month promises & they have not been honoured...this is the end of the line hearing. Why on earth would they believe anything that was said? It appears there are no filed accounts for even prospective owners to view (although were you thinking of owning PFC it's hard to imagine that reading would be listed as one of your skills!!)

The only thing, I suspect, that will allow a continuation of business beyond Wednesday is hard cash...it's difficult to see, even though you appear to have finally & by default found an Arab who actually has (or had?) money, why he'd consider ****ing it further down the drain that leads to the cesspit that is your club...yep, small 'c' intentional.

Roll on next week...it's been fun!

You are incredibly stupid aren't you?

Was the 7 Million you got (or rather didn't get!) the first payment of the season? Do you know how much you have got from TV money this year so far? And yet you claim you will get a further 23M without any proof.

Of course it was. The most sensible way of distributing the money is nothing before the season starts, £7m halway through and £23m at it's conclusion. La la la, everything is going to all right in my world..........

Of course it was. The most sensible way of distributing the money is nothing before the season starts, £7m halway through and £23m at it's conclusion. La la la, everything is going to all right in my world..........

Question - are we all talking about the 'future' TV Revenue that the Skates have ALREADY used as security for loans??

Rearrange the following statement....

Straws They At Clutching Are

Question - are we all talking about the 'future' TV Revenue that the Skates have ALREADY used as security for loans??

Rearrange the following statement....

Straws They At Clutching Are

Not forgetting that they will need to find probably another 10M for salaries till the end of the season, or does the world inhabited by Ho, etc, not include ongoing running costs?

Not forgetting that they will need to find probably another 10M for salaries till the end of the season, or does the world inhabited by Ho, etc, not include ongoing running costs?

Think the wages were nearer £5m a month weren't they. And they'll have to pay them over the close season too - that's another 3 months.

Storrie said any purchaser of Pompey would be acquiring a bargain. "It's certainly good value. The club will go for nothing. The new owner would, though, have to take on the debt, and excluding the money owed to Sacha Gaydamak, the debts are down to £25m, and most of those are normal footballing debts."

£25 mil of debts + £30mil owed to gaydamak = £55 mil of debts.

Relegation a certainty therefore crowds of around 10,000 next season.

Wow what an attractive investment.

During the time since HMRC issued the WUP, have Pompey been in the position where they could have been able to make small goodwill payments to at least provide evidence that they were willing to try and reduce the tax that was owed so that the hearing could be looked upon more favourable on the 10th? Or have they blantently ignored the WUP, swept it under the carpet and just continued to spend on luxury they could ill afford, without any serious attempt of reducing the wage bill either?

Could they have fielded younger up and coming players to get by whilst attempting to reduce debt and shipping higher earners out, to at least keep the club going as a concern next season whether it be playing in the Premier League or Championship, and was it really necessary not to name a full bench for a few of their games? I'm sure many of the younger players would have had squad numbers too that could have filled it.

Have they provided any evidence at all that they have done anything, even at a drastic cost cutting measure to show that have done everything within their means to reduce debts or had at least tried too? Or has everything just been one massive gamble to stay in the Premier League and hope that everything turns out ok? If so I'm not sure the hearing next week will look favourable despite having a change of owner when more could probably have been done over the last several weeks to show the HMRC that they understood fully the situation they found themselves in.

Surely ever since the WUP was issued, shouldn't Pompey have at least demonstrated a serious attempt to reign in spending and actually start addressing the debt they are in without 4 star hotels, flights to games, and more players coming in whether on loan or not when they can't pay the squad and the staff they have, and all the smaller business around the club further to the taxes that go with it all?

During the time since HMRC issued the WUP, have Pompey been in the position where they could have been able to make small goodwill payments to at least provide evidence that they were willing to try and reduce the tax that was owed so that the hearing could be looked upon more favourable on the 10th? Or have they blantently ignored the WUP, swept it under the carpet and just continued to spend on luxury they could ill afford, without any serious attempt of reducing the wage bill either?

Could they have fielded younger up and coming players to get by whilst attempting to reduce debt and shipping higher earners out, to at least keep the club going as a concern next season whether it be playing in the Premier League or Championship, and was it really necessary not to name a full bench for a few of their games? I'm sure many of the younger players would have had squad numbers too that could have filled it.

Have they provided any evidence at all that they have done anything, even at a drastic cost cutting measure to show that have done everything within their means to reduce debts or had at least tried too? Or has everything just been one massive gamble to stay in the Premier League and hope that everything turns out ok? If so I'm not sure the hearing next week will look favourable despite having a change of owner when more could probably have been done over the last several weeks to show the HMRC that they understood fully the situation they found themselves in.

Surely ever since the WUP was issued, shouldn't Pompey have at least demonstrated a serious attempt to reign in spending and actually start addressing the debt they are in without 4 star hotels, flights to games, and more players coming in whether on loan or not when they can't pay the squad and the staff they have, and all the smaller business around the club further to the taxes that go with it all?

Nope....and they even chartered a flight to Manchester, even with all the small buisnesses thay owe money to.

Who in their right mind is going to invest within 5 days when it would probably take a month to do due dilligence?

So this HK guy is the new owner for the moment - although this is being challenged by Al Mirage's lawyer.

So, in order to be owner, does the HK guy have to pass the FAPPT first? How long will that take? If he fails, does that mean he can't be owner?

If he can't be owner / if Al Mirage wins his case (and lord only knows how long THAT court case will take) how on earth can any prospective new owner be expected to do all the due diligence by next Wednesday?

FFS :D

The are gambling the house of HMRC playing ball on Wednesday.

Big 'kin gamble to take!

Not forgetting the Duke of Westminster....Can't see him being bothered about being benevolant to a scabby littlle football team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/constructionandproperty/7159059/Grosvenor-joins-HMRC-winding-up-petition-against-Portsmouth-football-club.html

Storrie said any purchaser of Pompey would be acquiring a bargain.

"It's certainly good value. The club will go for nothing. The new owner would, though, have to take on the debt, and excluding the money owed to Sacha Gaydamak, the debts are down to £25m, and most of those are normal footballing debts."

So the football debts that PL said had been sorted are actually £25m? And only £25m? Good value!

And of course, the only other debt is Gaydamak at £28m.

And Chainrai, at £17m.

Sounds a bargain... you wideboy c()nt.

Got to laugh at that delegation :lol:

They seem chuffed with themselves that the league have agreed to give Chanrai a hard time. PMSL. Are they thick or what?

They genuinely don't realise that he, or some new owner yet to be identified, is the only thing stopping the football club from ceasing to exist on Wednesday.

and if you really did want to buy a club on the cheap why on earth would you buy a team 6 points from PL safety when you could likely buy them out of administration sometime soon without taking on the major debts.

Palace look a far more attractive proposition any way I look at it.

Storrie said any purchaser of Pompey would be acquiring a bargain.

"It's certainly good value. The club will go for nothing. The new owner would, though, have to take on the debt, and excluding the money owed to Sacha Gaydamak, the debts are down to £25m, and most of those are normal footballing debts."

So the football debts that PL said had been sorted are actually £25m? And only £25m? Good value!

And of course, the only other debt is Gaydamak at £28m.

And Chainrai, at £17m.

Sounds a bargain... you wideboy c()nt.

Even then the 25M is probably a fib as they have been avoiding paying for so many things I very much doubt they have an accurate idea of how much they owe.

Storrie seems to have gone from complete darkness to remarkable financial lucidity rather quickly.

I thought he was out of the loop?

If there is anyone completely to blame in the demise of PFC it has to be STORRIE more than anyone else.

Whilst Harry played the field and enticed the debt the one man who should have reined him in was PS.

Mandaric was crafty, Gaydamark too, but Storrie is the executive who should have either said NO or resigned.

Storrie seems to have gone from complete darkness to remarkable financial lucidity rather quickly.

I thought he was out of the loop?

LMAO, that is so true, I overlooked that.

Here I am, friday night, cooking chorizo and potatoes in my kitchen, laughing at the skates.

It might not seem a great friday night to some, but for me its quite perfect. :)

I think Sol Cambell has, for his image rights etc. but cannot understand the link between the Shop and the Club unless it is a retail outlet for their merchandise. I believe it is illegal under the Companies Act to give such a guarantee unless it is to a subsidiary and there is a commercial relationship. A similar position arises if Portsmouth City Football Club Ltd lent money to a Director.

I seem to recall that Gaydamak was the person that brought the "Canterbury" sportsware brand to England with a string of shops. He obviously thought it would be the new nike. This is why Poopey are the only team with a kit made by them. This venture subsequently collapsed, costing Gaydamak millions, which was the start of his withdrawl from Poopey.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

a quote from a skate

The scummers have always had XXXXXXe support.

When it comes to playing the game, I have to say the local leagues, clubs and schools are better organised over on that side of Hampshire. But when it comes to watching the professional game, it's no hotbed of football, I'm afraid.

how on earth can they preach this shyt..?

a quote from a skate

The scummers have always had XXXXXXe support.

When it comes to playing the game, I have to say the local leagues, clubs and schools are better organised over on that side of Hampshire. But when it comes to watching the professional game, it's no hotbed of football, I'm afraid.

At least we got a compliment from one of the blue few even be it at a grass roots level... this is more than I would ever have expected from a from a Pompey fan. :D

Can't wait to see the outcome in several years time when a few of these players from our better organised schools, clubs, and local leagues are knocking on our First Team door having been trained at our first class facilities. ;)

I seem to recall that Gaydamak was the person that brought the "Canterbury" sportsware brand to England with a string of shops. He obviously thought it would be the new nike. This is why Poopey are the only team with a kit made by them. This venture subsequently collapsed, costing Gaydamak millions, which was the start of his withdrawl from Poopey.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

apart from the fact Preston, Manfield, Farnborough, Harrogate Town, Lille and Motherwell wear Caterbury kits I don't think you are far wrong.

apart from the fact Preston, Manfield, Farnborough, Harrogate Town, Lille and Motherwell wear Caterbury kits I don't think you are far wrong.

Don't know about all but certainly Preston and Motherwell have only had Canterbury kits since they came out of administration after JD Sports (their previous manufacturers) took them over.

a quote from a skate

so far, in the last couple of weeks, i've heard that hundreds of saints fans booed during Alan Ball's minute's silence, saints fans are always fighting amongst each other at SMS, we only got 13k at home to stockport, and kids always cost either a quid or are free.

Can anyone confirm if there once was there a Canterbury shop in the Basingstoke Shopping Centre owned by Grovesnor? That would explain their claim being added to the winding up order.

Can anyone confirm if there once was there a Canterbury shop in the Basingstoke Shopping Centre owned by Grovesnor? That would explain their claim being added to the winding up order.

I can't confirm that. However, Canterbury was bought out of administration by J D Sports and J D Sports does have a unit at the Basingstoke Shopping Centre.

Assuming a new stadium (if it ever happens) is built on the current site

The below is for a couple of seasons ago so payments may have gone up by now but given we've just had £7m from the PL it seems we're assured of at least a further £23m at the end of the season.

Television revenue for 2007-08 season

(2006-07 in brackets)

Manchester United £49.3m (£32m)

Chelsea £45.6m (£30.9m)

Arsenal £47m (£29m)

Liverpool £45.4m (£28.4m)

Everton £42.1m (£25.3m)

Aston Villa £42.3m (£22m)

Blackburn Rovers £40.2m (£22m)

Portsmouth £40.4m (£23m)

Manchester City £39.7m (£21m)

West Ham United £36.8m (£21.1m)

Tottenham Hotspur £36m (£27.3m)

Newcastle United £39.2m (£21.2m)

Middlesbrough £34.2m (£20.5m)

Wigan Athletic £33.4m (£18.4m)

Sunderland £33.6m (£6.5m*)

Bolton Wanderers £32m (£24.6m)

Fulham £31.3m (£20.4m)

Reading £30.6m (£23.6m)

Birmingham City £29.8m (£6.5m*)

Derby County £29.1m (n/a)

http://soccerlens.com/20072008-premier-league-tv-revenue/7415/

I see the 'magical' figure of £17m shows up again as the difference in the P----y figures.

Assuming a new stadium (if it ever happens) is built on the current site

The below is for a couple of seasons ago so payments may have gone up by now but given we've just had £7m from the PL it seems we're assured of at least a further £23m at the end of the season.

Television revenue for 2007-08 season

(2006-07 in brackets)

Manchester United £49.3m (£32m)

Chelsea £45.6m (£30.9m)

Arsenal £47m (£29m)

Liverpool £45.4m (£28.4m)

Everton £42.1m (£25.3m)

Aston Villa £42.3m (£22m)

Blackburn Rovers £40.2m (£22m)

Portsmouth £40.4m (£23m)

Manchester City £39.7m (£21m)

West Ham United £36.8m (£21.1m)

Tottenham Hotspur £36m (£27.3m)

Newcastle United £39.2m (£21.2m)

Middlesbrough £34.2m (£20.5m)

Wigan Athletic £33.4m (£18.4m)

Sunderland £33.6m (£6.5m*)

Bolton Wanderers £32m (£24.6m)

Fulham £31.3m (£20.4m)

Reading £30.6m (£23.6m)

Birmingham City £29.8m (£6.5m*)

Derby County £29.1m (n/a)

http://soccerlens.com/20072008-premier-league-tv-revenue/7415/

All that shows me really is that you've spunked away 63 million quid plus at least probably another 30 odd million for the 2008/09 season of TV Revenue cash alone over the last 3 years :cool:

Add in the peanuts you get from season tickets and matchday walkups :p, a winning FA Cup run and prize money for finishing mid table or whatever from The PL over the last 3 years .... and what have you got to show for it ...... :smt119 :smt052

What a total shambles.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})