Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Can we ban Corpy. He's starting to remind me of Stanley who used to post on the main board. He is so long-winded, pedantic and frankly boring that he is starting to spoil the enjoyment of this thread. Please, everyone, ignore him, don't rise to his nit-picking, his deliberate refusal to accept the undeniable. You can't win an argument with him, he'll devote hundreds of words to prove you weren't 100% factually accurate on some minor point rather than address the real issue. Not only is he a WUM, but he wums in such a way that you have to pore through hundreds of words to try to find a) what the feck he's on about, and b) whether it is actually worth contesting yet another of his bonkers assertion. Life is too short to waste it on him.

Basically you have to accept he is mental and it is pointless engaging with him.

(And thank God he's too tight to post more than three times a day!)

Edited by sidthesquid
grammar

Agreed, I forgot about Boateng for £4m and looking at your post in isolation it looks like you’re making a good point. But that means we spent a total £8m (Williamson was £2m not £3m) plus the loans and freebies we signed. That sounds like a lot – until you look at the players we sold and released.

Glen Johnson £18M, Distin £5m, Kaboul £5m, Crouch £9m, Kranjcar £2.5m and Begovic for £3.5m (Kitson and Lawrence came in last season, not the one you’re talking about here in exchange for Marc Wilson, not Begovic). So, that’s £43m we pulled in from transfers and spent 18% of it. Plus, if you think we brought in too many players based on the ones we sold, let’s not forget we also lost or released Sol Campbell, Sean Davis, Pamarot, Lauren and quite a few other squad players. Doesn’t sound like we were exactly going for broke to me.

Anyway, now we've disproved another accusation

You what? You disproved the square route of FA. You stated clearly that you had spent just £2m, but that figure was false, it was £8m minimum and possibly a great deal more (Awusa was half a mill in fees alone) so your arguement was based on a nothing more than total fiction. pwned might be suitable here perhaps?

Not satisfied with that you then try and justify your spending as it was only 18% of income. Thanks for that wonderful calculation. Sadly I'm not blinded by stats or figures. The fact is it should have been 0% and all income should have been used to pay off debts. But no, you stuck two fingers up at the tax man and spent over £8m anyway. I'm amazed anyone would try to defend this, but I guess we'll say anything possible to get one over on our rivals...

I have to laugh at the phrase `we weren't going for broke', blimey that's a statement and a half, well the fact is you were over £100m in debt and you were struggling big style to pay it off so you shouldn't have been spending anything at all, especially half way through the season when you were already doomed.

The key here is that you didn't cut your cloth accordingly. You reduced spending, yes, but the right level should have meant £0 spent on transfers. Instead you spent when you shouldn't have. It wasn't even a gamble, it had gone beyond that. I think that's the point many posters on here have been trying to get across to you. My advice is to just accept that fact instead of fighting it all the time as it just makes you look like you are happy to support a regime that stuck two fingers up at the tax man etc.

Edited by Chez

You what? You disproved the square route of FA. You stated clearly that you had spent just £2m, but that figure was false, it was £8m minimum and possibly a great deal more (Awusa was half a mill in fees alone) so your arguement was based on a nothing more than total fiction. pwned might be suitable here perhaps?

Not satisfied with that you then try and justify your spending as it was only 18% of income. Thanks for that wonderful calculation. Sadly I'm not blinded by stats or figures. The fact is it should have been 0% and all income should have been used to pay off debts. But no, you stuck two fingers up at the tax man and spent over £8m anyway. I'm amazed anyone would try to defend this, but I guess we'll say anything possible to get one over on our rivals...

I have to laugh at the phrase `we weren't going for broke', blimey that's a statement and a half, well the fact is you were over £100m in debt and you were struggling big style to pay it off so you shouldn't have been spending anything at all, especially half way through the season when you were already doomed.

The key here is that you didn't cut your cloth accordingly. You reduced spending, yes, but the right level should have meant £0 spent on transfers. Instead you spent when you shouldn't have. It wasn't even a gamble, it had gone beyond that. I think that's the point many posters on here have been trying to get across to you. My advice is to just accept that fact instead of fighting it all the time as it just makes you look like you are happy to support a regime that stuck two fingers up at the tax man etc.

To qoute eastleighhalo: "A wasted post, Chez..the feckin thick skate knut still wont get it" :)

Look I know you're trolling but, here it is in English.

If Lowe had said we need to balance the books, so we will reduce the squad, but try and stay in the league, I think people would have accepted it. He didn't, because he had a hair brained scheme to bring in two Dutch coaches with no experience, and a belief that the players in the Academy were better than any established pro's we had. Therefore, he got rid of the experienced players, and replaced them with the youth team, not just because they were cheaper, but because he believed himself that it would work. No English manager would have put up with it, so he went to Holland and pulled up some bloke who would agree with him.

People boycotted because if we hadn't gone into Admin, Lowe would have continued in this mad plan. He thought he knew more about football coaching than anyone else in the club, and probably in the league. Even if he had attracted new investment, people would still of wanted him out, because the natural progression was to have Rupert Lowe as first team manager, fitness coach etc.

You may have had some chancers and crooks in charge, but you haven't had a maniac like Lowe in charge of your first team.

You're forgetting we had Mad Mandy and his euro super coaches like Zajec.

So you're telling me now that you all WANTED the club to go into admin just to get rid of Lowe? LOL. Everyone (me included) knew you were in financial trouble due to overspending (cheating?) in the previous couple of seasons. Lowe was trying to balance the books. If it hadn't been cheap dutch coaches it would have been cheap English ones. Makes no difference. And I'll come to the "playing the kids" thing later

FFS, you crease me up Ho Ho Ho, you really do !

So you sold £43 mil worth of players that you couldn't afford in the first place and then spent a further £8 mil that you still couldn't afford and then went under with unpaid debts of over £100 mil !

As I pointed out to you earlier, you do not understand the concept of cheating !

Ps. I am prepared to accept your apology for disputing the fact that you had stopped spending now that it has been proven otherwise !

You seem to think the unpaid "debts" were all down to transfer fees. In fact, well over £60m of those "debts" were down to debt that our beloved owners had loaded onto the club and went God knows where. The transfer fees were accounted for in the CVA and have been/ are being paid via the parachute payments so the rest seems to have gone into the owners pockets and they're still somehow owed. As for HMRC, yes it's bad but we offered to pay approx 50% of what we owed them (£6m) the Jan before we went into admin and they refused saying they wanted it all. Once Chainrai came in the amount we owed racked up as he put ius into admin

Well Chez, you said we paid £3m for Williamson and were wrong so are you pwned over that one?

And £43m wasn't our total income. Once you add in SKY money we're close to £90-£100m that season. Are you suggesting we shouldn't have replaced any of the players we sold, not to mention all the others we released? I'm now expecting a "should have played the kids" chant. Looking at the season you went into admin when you "got rid of everyone and played the kids" only McGoldrick, James and Gillet played more than 20 games. Lallana and Surman did but they were already established players. In addition, you had senior players playing plenty of games like Kelvin Davies, Chris Perry, Skacel, Saganowski, Saejis, Wotton, Euell etc etc who all played plenty of games. Most of your other youth players played 5 or 6 times. There goes another myth

And if, Chez, you think we shouldn't have been signing players or even loans, how do you feel about Saints being in dire straits that season and signing Scheiderlin for £1.3m along with Wotton, Lee Holmes and others plus loand like Cork, Pekart, Gasmi, Liptak, & Alex Pearce? Was itr wrong for us but OK for you? Did you "cheat"?

Mods...

The forum topic is takeover saga.

Bans and infractions can be issued for taking threads off topic.

The amount of contradictory rubbish now being spouted by one person makes some of my convoluted posts seem comprehensible.

Time to say good-bye he had comedy value, now he is deliberately trying to destroy this thread.

He's starting to remind me of Stanley who used to post on the main board.

I had exactly the same thoughts, even down to wondering if they were the same person (or if not close relatives).

I wouldn't say he was a WUM, just someone who isn't all there. Not sure if you could or should ban someone for being "challanged", instead I think you just have to accept it with good grace.

So you're telling me now that you all WANTED the club to go into admin just to get rid of Lowe? LOL. Everyone (me included) knew you were in financial trouble due to overspending (cheating?) in the previous couple of seasons. Lowe was trying to balance the books. If it hadn't been cheap dutch coaches it would have been cheap English ones. Makes no difference. And I'll come to the "playing the kids" thing later

You seem to think the unpaid "debts" were all down to transfer fees. In fact, well over £60m of those "debts" were down to debt that our beloved owners had loaded onto the club and went God knows where. The transfer fees were accounted for in the CVA and have been/ are being paid via the parachute payments so the rest seems to have gone into the owners pockets and they're still somehow owed. As for HMRC, yes it's bad but we offered to pay approx 50% of what we owed them (£6m) the Jan before we went into admin and they refused saying they wanted it all. Once Chainrai came in the amount we owed racked up as he put ius into admin

Well Chez, you said we paid £3m for Williamson and were wrong so are you pwned over that one?

And £43m wasn't our total income. Once you add in SKY money we're close to £90-£100m that season. Are you suggesting we shouldn't have replaced any of the players we sold, not to mention all the others we released? I'm now expecting a "should have played the kids" chant. Looking at the season you went into admin when you "got rid of everyone and played the kids" only McGoldrick, James and Gillet played more than 20 games. Lallana and Surman did but they were already established players. In addition, you had senior players playing plenty of games like Kelvin Davies, Chris Perry, Skacel, Saganowski, Saejis, Wotton, Euell etc etc who all played plenty of games. Most of your other youth players played 5 or 6 times. There goes another myth

And if, Chez, you think we shouldn't have been signing players or even loans, how do you feel about Saints being in dire straits that season and signing Scheiderlin for £1.3m along with Wotton, Lee Holmes and others plus loand like Cork, Pekart, Gasmi, Liptak, & Alex Pearce? Was itr wrong for us but OK for you? Did you "cheat"?

Sometimes I just despair for the human race..... !

I had exactly the same thoughts, even down to wondering if they were the same person (or if not close relatives).

I wouldn't say he was a WUM, just someone who isn't all there. Not sure if you could or should ban someone for being "challanged", instead I think you just have to accept it with good grace.

I'm reminded more of our former mutual favourite windbag on here, Nineteen Canteen and his various other aliases. He was certainly "challenged", but add to that Corpse's disadvantage of following the Skates and perhaps even being unfortunate enough to live amongst them and one can understand the additional shortcomings of his failure to comprehend basic simple English and the inclination to try and excuse the dubious characters associated with their crooked little football club and its resultant sordid recent history.

I wouldn't say he was a WUM, just someone who isn't all there. Not sure if you could or should ban someone for being "challenged", instead I think you just have to accept it with good grace.

The piece in bold could cover many skates I am aquainted with.

Anyway, it's update time and Mr Wheeler has highlighted this on FB. Now I don't know how old the original piece is and it doesn't really tell us much apart from how, down to almost the last penny, much money the DFCSBs owe.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-04-21-portsmouth-fc-owes-a-lot-of-people-a-lot-of-money-debt-details-released?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150201443281222_17780000_10150262502896222

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-03-24-portsmouth-wins-green-light-to-sell-players-before-the-end-of-the-season-may-replace-squad-with-free-transfers

Oh yes, I forgot that gem.

From Comical Andy:

''We need to sell between eight and ten of our first-team squad. We currently have a first team squad of 28, we have 40 players at this club.''

'“The object is to raise between £20 million and £30 million in player sales, and we know we have ten players who will attract clubs and are already attracting clubs.''

All fluff, no trousers. No, not our Trousers.

Meanwhile back at the currency laundrette/takeover/crime scene....

Any news on the various court cases? I assume if they had all got off scott free it would be in the news?

I posted 'that link' (of a couple of weeks ago) to a well-respected sports journalist. He was aware of 'that information' (from a court in Florida) but told me that the press were gagged at the moment.

Mods...

The amount of contradictory rubbish now being spouted by one person makes some of my convoluted posts seem comprehensible.

Time to say good-bye he had comedy value, now he is deliberately trying to destroy this thread.

About time you got a ban then Phil, unless telling us how fit your girlfriend is, caddying for Tiger and waving

Your hands in the air like a gay Crocodile Dundee at Moby gigs counts as somehow takeover related. Dubai Phil - if he was chocolate he'd lick himself

Anyway, it's update time and Mr Wheeler has highlighted this on FB. Now I don't know how old the original piece is and it doesn't really tell us much apart from how, down to almost the last penny, much money the DFCSBs owe.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-04-21-portsmouth-fc-owes-a-lot-of-people-a-lot-of-money-debt-details-released?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150201443281222_17780000_10150262502896222

I see Daren's gone up in the world from baggage handling. Good to see, however, that the link confirms what I posted earler about how much of our "debt" is to our ex owners rather than transfer fees

The article was posted in April 2010.

Today a 70-page document was sent to all the club’s known creditors that accounts what the club owes down to the £1 claimed by Harley Street cancer clinic 108 Medical Ltd.

So, if they knew, down to the £1 what was owed and to whom in April last year, why is it taking so long to work out who is owed less than £2500 now, in order to pay them back what was agreed in the CVA?

Either they are showing yet more contempt for the businesses that once supplied them, or they really still do not have a pot to **** in, and can't afford the £100k needed to wipe out all those debts :D

I'm sure the corpse will pass it all off as a conspiracy.

Agreed, I forgot about Boateng for £4m and looking at your post in isolation it looks like you’re making a good point. But that means we spent a total £8m (Williamson was £2m not £3m) plus the loans and freebies we signed. That sounds like a lot – until you look at the players we sold and released.

Glen Johnson £18M, Distin £5m, Kaboul £5m, Crouch £9m, Kranjcar £2.5m and Begovic for £3.5m (Kitson and Lawrence came in last season, not the one you’re talking about here in exchange for Marc Wilson, not Begovic). So, that’s £43m we pulled in from transfers and spent 18% of it. Plus, if you think we brought in too many players based on the ones we sold, let’s not forget we also lost or released Sol Campbell, Sean Davis, Pamarot, Lauren and quite a few other squad players. Doesn’t sound like we were exactly going for broke to me.

Anyway, now we've disproved another accusation, what about the boycott. Are we all agreed now that it was all about Lowe trying to run you within budget and that you weren't happy about it? I can't see any other explanation.

You were broke you stupid **** - that's why it's f*cking cheating...I despair of finding an IQ of double figures from your cretinous bunch of inbreds!

Mods...

I think the expression is "Do Not Feed the Troll"

for starters the Williamson deal was £2m rising to £3m based on appearances. So the truth falls somewhere between the two, admittedly he didn't get to play those games in the end. Me getting one of your players fees slightly incorrect (it is reported differently depending where you read it) is slightly different from you understating your spending by £6m+.

I wasn't go to and never have used the phrase `we had to play the kids'. So you are arguing with yourself there. But seeing as you brought it up we did play a lot of players that were very young and not ready for the championship such as Schneiderlin himself, Thomson, Pekhard, Robertson, Gillett, Gobern, Holmes, James, Lancashire, McClaggon, McGoldrick, Mills, Molyeneux, Pearce, Patterson, Smith, and White. Even Lallana was in his first full season with almost no second tier experience. Cork was 19. They may not have all played 30 games, but we played a lot of young players throughout the season.

What we did do was not spend any money. The only transfer fee was for Schneiderlin. This was for a maximum of Euro1.2m with almost nothing up front and based mostly on appearances. His wages were also tiny. All the others that came in were rock bottom free transfers, again on rock bottom wages. Also none of the loans incurred loan fees. None were high wage earners either. We brought these budget players in and let all senior players (we could) go out to reduce the wage bill. I honestly don't think we could have done much more to reduce the wage bill. You could say the same I suppose, except BTH on £38k a week kind of ****s that up for you.

I personally didn't have a massive problem with what Lowe did. He had no choice after the previous chairman completely ****ed us. That regime did gamble and lost - similar to yourselves, but as soon as we lost we cut our cloth in order to pay our debts, tax and mortgage. There ends the similarity as you just continued to spend. Do you not agree that was the case?

Edited by Chez

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14686443.stm

They have signed Hungary striker Marko Futacs from Werder Bremen for an undisclosed fee

Undisclosed fee??? Werder Bremen let him go at the end of June - wouldn't that make him free - or is compo due because he is only 21?

Anyway - other than being a big lump to chuck balls at - don't know that the NPC defences are going to be quaking over this one.

is Stevie making them up, are they having a larf?

That'll be an anagram of F*ck Ram Toss.

Signing a Hungarian striker is a real coup - if you are still on rations and looking forward to the Beatles doing their first school concert.

At least the bloke looks cheap, which is progress.

Mods...

:facepalm: Unbelievable. This thread has been dead for months.....

Anyway, We have been allowed to be distracted.

Do we have any news or updates on the court case. Did arry ever attend? I seem to remember that it has been postponed to September - Is that right?

I'm not sure the form of one win in four, will be enough to successfully overcome any points deductions.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......relax, don't worry, there WON'T be any points deductions. It's over. Get used to it.....:toppa:

The scene: A computer shop. A man walks in with an open, switched on laptop.

Man: I wish to register a complaint.

Shopkeeper: I'm sorry sir we're closed for lunch.

Man: Nevermind that my lad, I wish to register a complaint about this here thread that I subscribed to from this very boutique just over two years ago.

Shopkeeper: Ah, you mean the Pompey Takeover saga? Er, whats wrong with it?

Man: I'll tell you what's wrong with it my lad, It's dead- that's what's wrong with it.

(Continue ad nauseum)

Man: Nevermind that my lad, I wish to register a complaint about this here thread that I subscribed to from this very boutique just over two years ago.

Man: I'll tell you what's wrong with it my lad, It's dead- that's what's wrong with it.

(Continue ad nauseum)

Ahhh but did he pay for the computer or did he buy it from the local computer shop on the never never, with no intention of ever paying for it?

It's a bold call cfc123, to say its dead. With one court case in play, an ongoing investigation by the insolvency commission, another investigation by an independant accountants, a statement from chinny saying csi are paying in installments and a 5 year CVA that has yet to be paid a penny, my guess is that there is plenty of life in the old dog.

HMRC are going to have thier day. It wasn't yesterday, it won't be today and when just when you think it won't be tomorrow, they'll get you.

with the basic requirements of administration-exiting still to be attempted, let alone completed, there is no sign of an end for this thread yet.

Unless of course you fit into the simpleton group that believes pompey have paid off all debts, cleared the CVA, and it's just a matter of building the new ground with all that parachute money?

Once the CVA has been completed, and the forensic enquiry clears all club officials, and the related tax cases lead to no convictions - then the thread will have run its course.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread actually lasts longer than pompey's south coast dominance lasted - it would put that little blip into context.

In years to come it would be cool to say, yes you did go to Wembley, but we have a forum thread that lasted longer than you were above us.

Would make me chuckle.

(Continue ad nauseum)

Yes, yes...you'd love it to be...you'd love to be confident that there's nothing more to be found, you'd love to be sure that the new 'owners' (inverted commas because you've insisted all the last few have had money, were fapp, existed etc) have money but...

That's your luck skate...this thread will carry on providing amusement, exposing the ignorance and gullibilty of your bestests and the despicable behaviour of your 'club'...

Never mind eh...suspect this thread will last longer than your club:lol:

they were heading for about 8,000 season tickets I believe.

which would mean, the first £280 of EVERY season ticket goes on paying ONE player (wages and NI)

That is insolvency territory.

while 6,500 paying punters a fortnight = not a lot of matchday revenue.

So the Russians will have to dig deep in April when the transfer income hasn't quite matched the ridiculous fantasy CVA predictions.

Anyone looked at the Land Registry recently to see if Chanrai is still quietly in control of the business?

If he still owns Fratton Park, he has full control of the club.

But I'm sure the Russians wouldn't allow that to go on.

Another administration on its way , wonder how many actually paid today. SAY 6000 seaon tickets(so money already spent) 8000 at say £25 equals £200000 to last until next game

They'll be fine.

They have a sustainable plan now.

They're buying up and coming young Lower League players, developing them and then they can sell them on for a tidy profit at the end of the season.

Aren't they?

Oh.

They'll be fine.

They're buying up and coming young Lower League players, developing them and then they can sell them on for a tidy profit at the end of the season.

Aren't they?

Oh.

That's at their state of the art academy facilities in the New Forest close to Marchwood isn't it, ooops sorry no that's us again

They'll be fine.

Aren't they?

Oh.

Lols,,,You ponyboys just know are fairy godmuver has all the rite tricks in er bag, Just ask Nickyboy, wheeel be allrite,

"Currently run every Sunday, the tour takes you in the the executive lounges, passing pieces of Pompey’s history on the way,"

Best not blink when you go through that part.

I wouldnt harp on about history if I were you, yours is shall we say, a little 'thin'...

Mmmm, just like your ground is owed to hundreds of thousands of aviva policyholders....

You see, that's the problem with people on benefits.

They've never had to work for anything and have never had the education above GCSE to reach even basic level Business Studies, and so have never found out the definition of the word Bankruptcy. We can clearly see that as Empirical Evidence in their ability to continue to present affadavits stating that they were trading solvently even when they were 100 mil in the red.

Dear Muppet. Aviva were offered a number of choices during our Admin. The one that they CHOSE was 25 pence in the pound - note how that was more than you (still haven't paid), they received that money within 28 days of Marcus taking over (any thoughts anyone) and they released the full title in the stadium to the club.

But don't worry, I only typed that for our lot, we know you lot can't read and get have to get your care workers to type stuff for you

You see, that's the problem with people on benefits.

They've never had to work for anything and have never had the education above GCSE to reach even basic level Business Studies, and so have never found out the definition of the word Bankruptcy. We can clearly see that as Empirical Evidence in their ability to continue to present affadavits stating that they were trading solvently even when they were 100 mil in the red.

Dear Muppet. Aviva were offered a number of choices during our Admin. The one that they CHOSE was 25 pence in the pound - note how that was more than you (still haven't paid), they received that money within 28 days of Marcus taking over (any thoughts anyone) and they released the full title in the stadium to the club.

But don't worry, I only typed that for our lot, we know you lot can't read and get have to get your care workers to type stuff for you

And his response was deafening!

cue Claridge cliche -

fratton is a terrifying place for teams to go, really intimidating - and professional sportsmen are renowned for becoming withdrawn in the face of aggression...

Teams like ourselves, Leeds, Forest, Cardiff, West Ham and Millwall have never experienced a hostile atmosphere, well not in a shanty town stadium with so many empty seats.

Though I think the players are mainly terrified of catching scurvy or the plague in the ramshackle 17th century dressing rooms.

They will create quite an atmosphere when we go there, though they'll have to hand out songsheets with small words to the people going to their only game of the season.

Those 12,000 regulars must generate quite a noise!

Welcome to hell?

I don't think so! - the bestest bubble has burst.

Fortess fratton is a wendy house.

What a f()cking sh1thole that ground is... just looked through that stadium tour pictures... It's good that you get an authentic matchday experience though, what with all those empty blue seats that greet you when you emerge from the rat tunnel...

I kinda knew that you would all be impressed, that's why I posted the link :)

TBF as sh#tholes go, it's up there with the very best !