"There's only one Johnny Hartson"

Frank's cousin

Time to show our class as fans I think. Given how lucky we have been, the goodwill and the new owner who we will no doubt show our appreciation for... just thought it might be a decent thing to give Johnny a quick chorus on Saturday to show that we appreciate thats some things transcend football? He would get to hear about it and it cant do any harm to know fans out there are thinking of him?

Why?

Might seem harsh, but people are dying all over the world, why not sing a song in support of the Armed forces or something.

I'm not saying don't do it, just raising the point of where do you draw the line.

Why?

Might seem harsh, but people are dying all over the world, why not sing a song in support of the Armed forces or something.

I'm not saying don't do it, just raising the point of where do you draw the line.

True - but we are at a football match and this is a footballer hense the link - and we have been kinda lucky lately, might get us some credit with the foottie gods if spread a bit of that around... and its just a decent thing to do IMHO.

Why?

Sorry but what relevance has John Hartson to us? I'm all for being decent but singing about a player is a bit odd to say the least. I would rather we sung there is one Naomi House. if he does pass away then if football decides to have a minutes silence i will adhere to it, but singing his name is a little ridiculous.

Lets celebrate Liebmarr IMHO

Sorry but what relevance has John Hartson to us? I'm all for being decent but singing about a player is a bit odd to say the least. I would rather we sung there is one Naomi House. if he does pass away then if football decides to have a minutes silence i will adhere to it, but singing his name is a little ridiculous.

I agree.

This is a footballer and we will be watching football - so cant see the objection really?

For one thing (as noted above) he kicked Eyal Berkovic in the head.

Something I've waneted to do for ages!

Time to show our class as fans I think. Given how lucky we have been' date=' the goodwill and the new owner who we will no doubt show our appreciation for... just thought it might be a decent thing to give Johnny a quick chorus on Saturday to show that we appreciate thats some things transcend football? He would get to hear about it and it cant do any harm to know fans out there are thinking of him?[/quote'][get well son john [great player when you were with celtic]

Excellent suggestion, FC.

Is this the new name for AFC Southampton? :-s

On a serious note though, excellent suggestion, FC

This is a footballer and we will be watching football - so cant see the objection really?
but where does it end? I like good wishes but it is so odd.As much as i dont wish illness on anyone I dont feel the need to sing their name due to misfortune, and has been pointed out he is hardly a rolemodel for our kids.

Excellent sugg... Actually. I do sort of agree with Nick/Hatch. Whilst we all feel for the situation with John it seems a little irregular to randomly sing his name. Not like were playing West Ham or a previous club of his

OK then, so it's fine to have sung a negative song over and over again, season after season, about a team down the road, even though we do not play them and they are in a completely different division, and it gives them a recognition they don't deserve, but it's not OK to be positive about a footballer who has always tried his best and is at the very least respected, and may appreciate the compliment we send him..?

Is that what you're saying..?

Always remember that drop kick on Jesus about 3 years ago. How that thug never got sent off that day I shall never know.

Exactly what I thought of. I won't be singing, not because he's a c*nt but because it seems a bit stupid. If there is a one minutes silence, as already mentioned, I will respect it.

Agreed.

Exactly what I thought of. I won't be singing, not because he's a c*nt but because it seems a bit stupid. If there is a one minutes silence, as already mentioned, I will respect it.

Errr perhaps you should read that again, you may be getting a little previous there...!!!

Great suggestion - and some people seem to have forgotten we'll be there for a good 2 hours...surely you can break off the regular chants for 30 seconds to sing his name a couple of times?

Exactly - it's not as if we are suggesting that the whole game is devoted to JH - but as FC has pointed out - it would be a nice touch and show some class.

BTW - Does anybody know how our good mate from SSN, Ed Chamberlin is coping with his illness, hopefully we will see him again soon.

Errr perhaps you should read that again, you may be getting a little previous there...!!!

Exactly my point. He isn't dead, and there are thousands of people suffering from exactly the same thing or worse. He wasn't anything special to us, so why should we show "appreciation" for him? The only times i've ever seen the bloke was when he was kicking the sh*t out of the people around him.

Why?

I'm not singing in support of those muppets who CHOOSE to go out and get shot at; couldn't give one iota about them. Young lads dying due to mass conscription in either of the World Wars maybe, not this lot nowadays.

Somebody being struck down with cancer at the age of 34 through no fault of their own deserves a great deal more compassion in my book.

I'm not singing in support of those muppets who CHOOSE to go out and get shot at; couldn't give one iota about them. Young lads dying due to mass conscription in either of the World Wars maybe, not this lot nowadays.

Somebody being struck down with cancer at the age of 34 through no fault of their own deserves a great deal more compassion in my book.

You f*cking mug. I will never be able to understand why people who go out and fight for their country get so much abuse.

Exactly my point. He isn't dead, and there are thousands of people suffering from exactly the same thing or worse. He wasn't anything special to us, so why should we show "appreciation" for him? The only times i've ever seen the bloke was when he was kicking the sh*t out of the people around him.

Each to thier own. I think that the OP's idea was to offer a little moral support now, at JH's most critical hour of need, support that he may well hear about and get a boost from, as opposed to assume the worst, whereupon your suggestion will of course be most appropriate. But, as I say, each to thier own.

If I knew how to report this post I would. After serving over 25 years and working in NI, the Falklands, Bosnia and the first Gulf War, not to mention other hot spots around the world - I am proud to say that I was there and did my bit.

You Sir, are a loudmouthed, sick, thick, uneducated pillock who does not deserve the service that these 'muppets' provide to you in keeping you safe at home.

Go take a look in the mirror - I doubt you will like what you see, while your there, engage brain and have a think about it for a moment eh?

I'm not singing in support of those muppets who CHOOSE to go out and get shot at; couldn't give one iota about them.

Strange language to use when talking of our forces, you need to catch yourself on by maybe listening to a current soldiers story of how things are for 'this lot nowadays'

Whilst I have no problem with John Hartson, and my heart goes out to him and his family in respect of his current circumstances. Why is it when someone becomes seriously ill, or dies, they suddenly become 'alright' in everybody's eyes?

The Jade Goody thing is a good example, or even Michael Jackson.

Here's an idea, rather than this going off topic and turning into an unseemly slanging match... why doesn't everyone who wants to sing do that, while everyone who doesn't want to can just let them do it. That way nobody has to wrestle with their morals.