Saints 4-1 Gillingham - Post Match W00Ting

Arizona

Trotman shocking!!!!!!!!! Not in my book.I only criticise his downward header from a corner when he should have got it on target.A brilliant set piece that should have resulted in a goal

Sorry Nick but the first 20 mins defensively he was off the pace as i sais earlier AP pulled him to one side as the others were celebrating the first goal, and was obviously concerned by his performance where he had mis timed his jumping for headers at the back.

improved after that

St Will we obviously were watching a different game, and yes Lambert and Harding were

superb. As for Gillingham as I said they were awful. I will reserve my happiness for when we win more games and move up the league, and anyway I thought these threads were

about everyones different opinions.

Have you seen Valencia for Man Utd ? £16m and some of his crossing is really poor but it can be worked on so I agree it's good that he was practicising it. That said I think it's more a case of when to cross the ball and where to place the cross rather the how, the actual art of crossing the ball isn't that hard in my opinion

if that was the case why do so many fly behind the goal, i think you are under estimating how difficult it is

St Will we obviously were watching a different game, and yes Lambert and Harding were

superb. As for Gillingham as I said they were awful. I will reserve my happiness for when we win more games and move up the league, and anyway I thought these threads were

about everyones different opinions.

if attacking play like that, and 4-1 win,doesn't make you happy think you should try another hobby!;)

if that was the case why do so many fly behind the goal' date=' i think you are under estimating how difficult it is[/quote']

No, I could cross a decent ball at 13 so my view is based on experience rather than mere speculation. We're talking about professional players here, if players really cannot cross a ball then they should put in the extra hours to ensure they can. I'm not relating this to any player in particular, just stating my belief it really is not that difficult even at pace and even then there are times when it's better to cross the ball early, just a question of decision making.

Great to feel positive on a Saturday night for a change.

Lots of plusses today; very good performances all around the team.

Lambert is quality; always seems to have time on the ball, which is the sign of a class player. Played a sublime pass with the outside of his foot in the second half which summed it up.

James still looks iffy defensively but at least we've found someone who can take a decent corner, with pace and accuracy.

I even thought Wotton did well today, and I never thought I'd say that; seeing him on the pitch from the start didn't fill me with confidence, but he did the ugly stuff well and got stuck in.

Papa seems to be finding his feet, some great close-control, looked dangerous and wasn't afraid to put his foot in either.

Lallana's second in particularly was a great goal.

Slightly disappointed to hear we only gained a point on 5th from bottom but all we can do is keep winning games.

:)

Sorry Nick but the first 20 mins defensively he was off the pace as i sais earlier AP pulled him to one side as the others were celebrating the first goal, and was obviously concerned by his performance where he had mis timed his jumping for headers at the back.

improved after that

The first 20 and the whole team was nervous.To be fair as i was in the nOrtham it was not evident to me he was playing poorly in the first 20

An absolutely fantastic result (and the second game my daughter has been to in her life and the second win - she's gotta be the mascot :) ).

Papa had an average start - couple of offsides in the first half I think. But then got a kick up the arse in the second half by Pardew and played very very wide on the right which was fantastic. Quite a few deft touches and some good runs on and off the ball, am warming to him now.

Lambert played brilliantly (although the bloke behind me kept calling him Lampard...)

Adam had a storming match - why did AP take him off when he was on for a hatrick? Were we closing up shop?

A great atmopshere and good singing from the Northam / Kingsland corner. Loved the +ve point chants!

Now for you being shot down in flames... but I do really think we played better against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday... We seemed to stand off the ball when we weren't in possession and didn't challenge for a lot of the game. Once we lost the ball in attack we all ran back into the defending half and waited for them to come at us. We just can't do that. But - we WON!!! :D

My daughter can't wait for the next time and neither can I ! COYR for a good winning run now.

An absolutely fantastic result (and the second game my daughter has been to in her life and the second win - she's gotta be the mascot :) ).

Papa had an average start - couple of offsides in the first half I think. But then got a kick up the arse in the second half by Pardew and played very very wide on the right which was fantastic. Quite a few deft touches and some good runs on and off the ball, am warming to him now.

Lambert played brilliantly (although the bloke behind me kept calling him Lampard...)

Adam had a storming match - why did AP take him off when he was on for a hatrick? Were we closing up shop?

A great atmopshere and good singing from the Northam / Kingsland corner. Loved the +ve point chants!

Now for you being shot down in flames... but I do really think we played better against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday... We seemed to stand off the ball when we weren't in possession and didn't challenge for a lot of the game. Once we lost the ball in attack we all ran back into the defending half and waited for them to come at us. We just can't do that. But - we WON!!! :D

My daughter can't wait for the next time and neither can I ! COYR for a good winning run now.

Lallana hasn't trained since Tuesday due to bruised ribs.

dunno but glad he did as i had lambert score first and saints win 4-1 at 100-1

Was a doubt pre match I believe so made sense to take him off when game over.

3 pages of reaction after we win, 5,6,7 or 8 pages when we lose. Where are the whinge bags tonight?! Pathetic.

+1 on that !! Can't believe how quiet the forum is tonight given our excellent performance today. Assume everyone is out on the lash. Here's hoping Alpine Saint hasn't been on the G&Ts...

wot a great result! wasn't very confident at the start as we looked nervous and Barcham(?) was causing loads of trouble for LLoyd James. thought our 1st was against the run of play, but wot a beauty! thought here we go again when they equalised but we just seemed to click and push on then which is so un-saints like;)thought all the team played well, especialy the lads up front and was surprised how well Wooton played in the middle. i sat in the Chapel for the 1st time and couldn't believe how quiet it was. every time i made some noise i got looks of people. was impressed with the Gills support, both in numbers & noise but that died after half an hour. the Northam were great,loads of noise as usual. looked very impressive from Chapel.can't wait to get back there for the next game :) COYR!!

It was a good game, we lost far too many headers at the back in the first 20 mins (there 21 was good in the air) but then the cb's won most from that point on.

Lambert was ace he knows what he is good and does not try to do things he can't.

Papa, well a strange won, he reminded me of Kenwyne Jones whn he came on against poopey and looked like a fish out water today for the first 20 ish mins. But it was like someone taught him to play football in an hour, he ended up with confidence (never looks like he has the ball under control but comes out with it, like Paulo Wonchop (sp)) and looking good.

I don't understand putting Holmes on for a couple of mins, i think he could be key this year breaking teams down so why no give him 30 mins today.

But we are off the mark now Well done Saints!!

3 pages of reaction after we win, 5,6,7 or 8 pages when we lose. Where are the whinge bags tonight?! Pathetic.

I don't think you have totally comprehended the principles/reasons to on line forums.

They are basically a valve for disillusioned fans to let off steam.

Obviously you do not need that outlet so perhaps you should take your "whingeing" elsewhere. No offence!

I don't think you have totally comprehended the principles/reasons to on line forums.

They are basically a valve for disillusioned fans to let off steam.

Obviously you do not need that outlet so perhaps you should take your "whingeing" elsewhere. No offence!

TBH I think this forum is the exception rather than the rule. I know plenty of forums where positive news/outcomes produces far more response than something negative. Just my opinion/observations of course!

Good performance today, not perfect by any means, but good all the same.

Thought Lambert did particuarly well. He takes the ball out of the air very well and the finish for his goal was great.

Papa Waigo started a little iffy but improved as the game went on, shame that his goal was an own goal but that didn't seem to bother him and he claimed it never the less! That's two he's claimed which weren't his - I wonder what his celebration:goal ratio will be at the end of the season? :p Who cares, he had a pretty good game today.

Lloyd James can take corners. Why didn't he say so before?!

Wotton and Hammond did well in the midfield, I thought we'd miss Schneederlee today but his absence wasn't notable, and the defence was good today. Trotman is getting better by the game.

Oh and one final mention to Harding who is a consistently good performer.

Oh, do grow up you irritating little shrub !!

I found the time to come on here today to comment positively on the result, despite the fact my 6month pregnant wife collapsed yesterday with hypoglaecemia, is in hospital, and am having to her spirits up and those of my two very young, very frightened sons.

There's more to life than f**king scoring petty points over 22 men kicking a bag of cow skin round a field, you know..

Or maybe you dont.

There's more to life than f**king scoring petty points over 22 men kicking a bag of cow skin round a field, you know..

If that's the case, then why do you come on here and whinge like hell when things aren't going well?

By the way, I hope your missus is ok, sincerely. You might think I'm a d1ck, but I'm not.

If that's the case, then why do you come on here and whinge like hell when things aren't going well?

By the way, I hope your missus is ok, sincerely. You might think I'm a d1ck, but I'm not.

After the last two days I've had, I would not have commented more on the game if we had been thumped 5-0 by Gillingham. My absence today has been completely driven by a bigger picture.

Your well-wishes prove you are not a d1ck; there a few on here that would have taken the **** out of the situation if they had seen it before you, in fact I regretted revealing this news on here as soon as I submitted the post.

I just wish you would ease up on the agression, when you respond to a post you see as less-than-gushing in its praise for the team

After the last two days I've had, I would not have commented more on the game if we had been thumped 5-0 by Gillingham. My absence today has been completely driven by a bigger picture.

Your well-wishes prove you are not a d1ck; there a few on here that would have taken the **** out of the situation if they had seen it before you, in fact I regretted revealing this news on here as soon as I submitted the post.

I just wish you would ease up on the agression, when you respond to a post you see as less-than-gushing in its praise for the team

To be fair it works both ways, St Will probably sees you as overly negative, you see him as too quick to jump on negativity and possibly too postive himself. There is a middle ground, finding it is the hard part !

I wasn't even necessarily aiming my dig at negative posters directly at you anyway - there are others on here also who I was aiming at.

I think you also have your fair share of aggression - the torrent of abuse you have thrown at Pardew, Lallana, Schneiderlin and others over the past few weeks was unnecessary. It may have not felt unnecessary to you at the time, but I think certainly Pardew and Lallana are starting to prove now that it was unnecessary. You and others need to be less quick to jump into the criticism - sit back, look at the bigger picture, identify whether there truly is some responsibility that lies on someone's shoulders, rather than trying to find someone to blame. Because sometimes (Tuesday being a prime example), there isn't always someone to blame.

Anyway, in the nicest possible way, I hope to not hear from you on here for a little while. Your wife and kids need you a lot more than I do right now. I'll cope fine here without you for a while :D

Hope it all works out ok.

COYR

Chuffed to bits with the result.

Been out all day, and after seeing we were 3-1 up at half-time, still didn't trust that we would see out the game. Glad I was wrong :)

Reading the comments of those at the game, it sounds like there were some great performances that suggest this is the start of something good.

onwards and upwards?

I had a slightly unique view of the game today as I was sat in with the Gills fans, fulfilling a promise to my Gills supporting grandson. What a game I had, absolutely chuffed to bits. It was hard at times, but I did sort of forgoe my cover whe the third went in. You may have spotted some bloke jump out of his seat and punch the air, that was me. The bloke in front of us notised my massive smile, but just gave me a wink. I think the police officer at five feet away from us did too. He hardly took his eyes off me after that. Hade a good laugh with Grandson too, he said he didn't mind us thrashing them, as we need the points more, ain't that lovely? He didn't need me to tell him how crap Gills were today, and he said that Saints were brilliant and asked if that is what it was like all the time. "Not all the time" I told him, "but it's coming, it's coming".

In a word (lol):

Contented

I actually thought we played better football against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night, but the important thing is that we got a convincing win under our belts and we've moved into plus points.

Hopefully now we've got that monkey off our backs, we can play with a bit more confidence and freedom and fingers crossed we'll be able to string a few wins together.

Special mention to Lallana and Lambert who were brilliant today. Hate to say I told you so, but I touted Lallana as being a decent foil for Lambert from day one, and I'm delighted to see the combination working, and to great effect too!

Lallana took both his goals very well and credit to him for that. Lambert's goal was expertly taken and looked even better on TV. We've been missing a first-class striker like Lambert for years now, and to have someone with his ability is a massive bonus. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll go on to score 20+ goals for us this season. All in all, a good win and lets hope it's the first of many!

Hammond was immense in the middle, the sort of player we've been missing for years and Wotton, alongside him, proved to be the perfect destroyer.

After the first 20mins I thought we were unplayable.

Pressing high up the pitch forced them to give the ball away time after time and when we had it we always had options available.

Harding also deserves real praise as he is a proper maurading fullback.

Lambert, well, a proper centre forward in the Beattie mould.

My nipper and I left sporting huge grins. Long may it continue.

Good stuff.

Papa learned the offside rule? ;)

Although he was flagged a few times yesterday, there was also evidence that he was checking and delaying his runs to avoid being offside. As was said earlier - it's still work in progress.

It was also encouraging to see him gettting his foot in and putting up with a bit of buffeting and barging from the defenders.