What do you think Pards thinks .....

1976_Child

... about leading his boys out to a full stadium today?

Awesome turnout.. we are a massive club, yes I know it would be good to have a full house on the cold winter nights mid-week but come on! .....

Pards has got to be a tad humbled by our collective support of our club...

33K in division 3 of English football?? Most prem clubs don't get that turn out..

ALAN YOU ARE PART OF A GREAT CLUB!! COME ON!! WE CAN, AND WILL GO TO THE PREM WITH YOU AT THE HELM..

Awesome turnout.. we are a massive club, yes I know it would be good to have a full house on the cold winter nights mid-week but come on! .....

33K in division 3 of English football?? Most prem clubs don't get that turn out..

ALAN YOU ARE PART OF A GREAT CLUB!! COME ON!! WE CAN, AND WILL GO TO THE PREM WITH YOU AT THE HELM..

Should be very happy, especially after listening to NC although attndance was just under 31 not 33, not that it makes TOO much difference. Btw very impressed with NC

with 30k at home for a league 1 match..I am amazed that people think we wont get high end 30k/40k for a prem match..

As I recall, TDD.... isn't SMS capable of extensions with second tier stands

being built on ...?

If NC can get us our own Stadium Railway station and more parking nearby then the problem is solved.

That was a Boxing Day game, and nearest thing to a local derby nowadays and there are old club links Tisdale etc, and I think Exeter fans wanted to visit a decent stadium, too.

I wouldn't call Exeter a "local derby"; Brighton and Swindon perhaps but Exeter is 3 hours away!

Just to temper it a bit, i think you will find that some of the tickets were linked to geting 1 for the Pompey game, and so that would be a factor.

Given that we have almost no chance of promotion this season (since the last playoff team has 63 points in L1 as opposed to 52 points in the Championship and 55 in L2), lets see how the crowds look next season with the likelihood being that Leeds and Norwich are going to be replaced by Peterborough and Plymouth. If Charlton then get replaced by S****horpe then there won't be any big teams left in the division for us to play. I think we'll continue to have big crowds if we're top but they will dwindle quickly if we're not winning regularly.

That was a Boxing Day game, and nearest thing to a local derby nowadays and there are old club links Tisdale etc, and I think Exeter fans wanted to visit a decent stadium, too.

"Local Derby"? :smt119 Never heard of a "local derby" 120 miles apart!

Brighton 60 miles, Wycombe, Swindon, Brentford 65 miles-ish, they're the closest but none "local" derbies.

Anyways, 31,000 a great attendance for third tier football - that's our fourth home attendance this season around the 30k mark.

It was also Boxing Day everywhere else in the country so it applies to all games that day and Saints had the 5th highest attendance in the whole of England to see two bottom half League One teams.

Yesterday St Mary's had the 3rd highest attendance in the country, only two Prem teams beat it - 1st place Chelsea and 4th place Spurs. Even the Middlesbrough vs Newcastle derby only got 27k.

Edited by Matthew Le God

No it isn't.

And Tisdale played, what, less than ten games for us.

It was a Boxing day game and we'd have got that attendance that day regardless of opponent.

As I recall, TDD.... isn't SMS capable of extensions with second tier stands

being built on ...?

If NC can get us our own Stadium Railway station and more parking nearby then the problem is solved.

SMS has the potential to be superb..

it has possibly its own railway station and the possibility to be extended to around 45k (i think)

the potential is massive really

Talk of increasing the size of the ground whilst we are in League 1, superb support, no debts, even Kelvin Davis' captain statements in the programme are positive (I love it when he says quotes like 'the team I lead') and a superb manager who has got us to Wembley in his first year.

This Club is going places. Thank you Barclays Bank for removing Lowe and the Dutchies.

We need a bigger stadium ASAP! If we get 30k in L1 we will get 60k in the CCC and probably 90k in the prem.

Games against big sides (Man Utd, Chelsea ect) we could easily get 100k fans

stupid quite frankly. You think we would sell out agaisnt Bolton at home? do me a favour.

Our stadium size is perfect, we barely sold out every game last time we were in the Prem

As always ticket pricing plays a big part.

How many people are taking their kids this year because tickets are either free for under 8s or very cheap?

I would guess that due to the fact the pricing structure has been very good this season there has been a big increase in children attending helping to boost the figures

This year is the first I have taken up the opportunity to purchase season tickets for my kids - hardly an expense at all. Obviously as the team/club progresses then ticket prices are bound to rise so will be interesting to see if many parents will be able to afford to take the kids in the future.

Its nice to see big crowds but would say talk of increasing capacity at the moment is a bit premature

I remember some shocking attendances in the Prem.

Once/If we get back there, we might have full houses for the first season but it'll die down then.

I'd like to know how many sellouts we had during the high finish and FA Cup run with Strachan at the helm.

Let's not get all giddy because we had a big attendance for a game involving 2 sides with Prem fanbases.

stupid quite frankly. You think we would sell out agaisnt Bolton at home? do me a favour.

Our stadium size is perfect, we barely sold out every game last time we were in the Prem

negative!

When we were last in the prem did we have any of the below

- hope

- loadsa money

- great owner

- JPT final adding 10/15k new fans

If we are selling out games in L1 then we will easily sell out games in the prem.

How many season tickets would we sell if we won the CCC in 2 years? 20k+ imo

I remember some shocking attendances in the Prem.

Once/If we get back there, we might have full houses for the first season but it'll die down then.

I'd like to know how many sellouts we had during the high finish and FA Cup run with Strachan at the helm.

Let's not get all giddy because we had a big attendance for a game involving 2 sides with Prem fanbases.

Oh Yeah? The year we went down 15 of the home league games were attended by 30k+

The remaining 5 were all 27k+...

And that was for a team that finished bottom of the premier league!

During the cup final year (as requested)..just 4 league games dropped below 30k...Boro (opening day- bizarre!) , Everton (29k+ Wednesday night), Charlton and Fulham (On TV I think on a Sunday.).

I believe the support is there for a bigger ground in the premier league- When we were in the prem you had to be a member to get tickets pretty much.

How Wigan or Bolton or Hull or even a lot of the premier league would like the attendance we had at St Mary's when in the prem...To get near sell outs in the league we are in no matter who the opponants or the date is fantastic and shows how much support we really have!

Oh Yeah? The year we went down 15 of the home league games were attended by 30k+

The remaining 5 were all 27k+...

And that was for a team that finished bottom of the premier league!

During the cup final year (as requested)..just 4 league games dropped below 30k...Boro (opening day- bizarre!) , Everton (29k+ Wednesday night), Charlton and Fulham (On TV I think on a Sunday.).

I believe the support is there for a bigger ground in the premier league- When we were in the prem you had to be a member to get tickets pretty much.

How Wigan or Bolton or Hull or even a lot of the premier league would like the attendance we had at St Mary's when in the prem...To get near sell outs in the league we are in no matter who the opponants or the date is fantastic and shows how much support we really have!

32k is about our level TBH.

If we got back to the Prem I'd rather keep it around that size than play in a 40-50k stadium with vast empty spaces. Should we get back, if we're getting 30k+ for a few seasons in a row then maybe think about it.

Suggesting we build a bigger stadium is just getting waaaaay ahead of ourselves at the moment.

SMS has the potential to be superb..

it has possibly its own railway station and the possibility to be extended to around 45k (i think)

the potential is massive really

thing is the railway station could be built , problem is no likihood of any trains running to it

32k is about our level TBH.

If we got back to the Prem I'd rather keep it around that size than play in a 40-50k stadium with vast empty spaces. Should we get back, if we're getting 30k+ for a few seasons in a row then maybe think about it.

Suggesting we build a bigger stadium is just getting waaaaay ahead of ourselves at the moment.

so, you dont want a bigger stadium as you wont like the look of a few empty seats at some games

so, you dont want a bigger stadium as you wont like the look of a few empty seats at some games

Errr no, I just don't see the point in making a bigger stadium that would only sell out 4 or 5 times a season.

If I was a player I'd rather have a packed house or nearly packed house each week rather than a half full stadium for most games, only to see it full for the odd big game now and again.

Average attendance this season is probably around 21k yet for a game at Wembley we sell 44k and want more.

Anyone who thinks we'd get 40k every week in the Prem is deluded, it'd only be when a big team comes to town or if it's a make-or-break promotion/relegation game.

Why did we get a big crowd yesterday? Not because people wanted to see Saints, they wanted to see Saints vs Leeds.

Where were they when we got 17,000 for Colchester or 18,000 for Stockport, both on Saturdays?

No point kidding ourselves we're special, yes we get big crowds for League One but once we go higher than that we're the same as every other team who's fanbase only come out in big numbers for the big games.

St Mary's is the perfect size for us. Unless we get to the Prem and start challenging for a Champs League spot, we shouldn't bother ourselves with worrying about how we'll accomodate a new wave of JCLs.

i dont agree that 32 is about our level ... i think the crowd is directly linked with the spectacle ...if we were entertaining champions league teams at st marys (and of course had a bigger stadium) we would be consistently drawing a much bigger crowd than 32k ... for instance we have sold out the jpt and its only the jpt ...against carlisle, 44k ...theres circa 250k people in southampton, circa 90k in pompey ...you do the math, we have a lot of room for growth, not to mention the hordes of fans that just dont go to football but would attend premiership games or better ..anyway, just received a text from the father in law, hes a big gooner and lives north london way, totally out of the blue 'cant believe you boys had 30k down on saturday' must be being reported somewhere? sky sports? either way ..looks like attendance dont go un noticed by fans from other clubs ..

i dont agree that 32 is about our level ... i think the crowd is directly linked with the spectacle ...if we were entertaining champions league teams at st marys (and of course had a bigger stadium) we would be consistently drawing a much bigger crowd than 32k ... for instance we have sold out the jpt and its only the jpt ...against carlisle, 44k ...theres circa 250k people in southampton, circa 90k in pompey ...you do the math, we have a lot of room for growth, not to mention the hordes of fans that just dont go to football but would attend premiership games or better ..anyway, just received a text from the father in law, hes a big gooner and lives north london way, totally out of the blue 'cant believe you boys had 30k down on saturday' must be being reported somewhere? sky sports? either way ..looks like attendance dont go un noticed by fans from other clubs ..

Average attendances from the Prem years:

2004-05: 30,610 (The FA Premier League)

2003-04: 31,699 (The FA Premier League)

2002-03: 30,680 (The FA Premier League)

2001-02: 30,633 (The FA Premier League)

I'd say St Mary's is a perfect fit.

I'm not saying the potential isn't there, it's just not been proved (44k for a Wembley trip isn't proof of anything other than that people like a day out. Had they made tickets only 1 per season ticket holder or people who've been to 5 games or more this season I'd like to see how many would've fit the criteria)

Average attendances from the Prem years:

2004-05: 30,610 (The FA Premier League)

2003-04: 31,699 (The FA Premier League)

2002-03: 30,680 (The FA Premier League)

2001-02: 30,633 (The FA Premier League)

I'd say St Mary's is a perfect fit.

I'm not saying the potential isn't there, it's just not been proved (44k for a Wembley trip isn't proof of anything other than that people like a day out. Had they made tickets only 1 per season ticket holder or people who've been to 5 games or more this season I'd like to see how many would've fit the criteria)

you could have said that 20k was our level at the dell....there were plenty of times we never sold out

Has someone killed more than half the population of our favourite city in Eastern Hampshire ? Current statistics have Southampton at 235,000 and them at 190,000. Both have substantial potential catchment areas. We have the New Forest, Romsey, Eastleigh, Winchester and have a decent showing in Salisbury. They have Fareham, Havant, Hayling Island, most of the Meon Valley and a good following in Petersfield. If they had been marketed correctly (not easy for such an insular club as theirs), they could have taken a lot of the fans in West Sussex as well as East Hampshire.

Man united need a new stadium. Just off the M6 would be perfect. 76,000 is too small for them, and salford is a **** hole. Green and gold seats, and a hotel (hotels solve everything ffs). FC united can slum it at old Trafford.

Making kids tickets below £5 or even free with adults tickets & giving them the chapel was a master stroke as kids want drinks, burgers/pie/hotdog, sweets/chocolate, program all which add up & today's kids are feature adults

Next step has got to be properly position netting between Saints & none showing away teams in Northam to often there are entire blocks of unsold seats in away end lets push them into a small section like against wimbledon

Has someone killed more than half the population of our favourite city in Eastern Hampshire ? Current statistics have Southampton at 235,000 and them at 190,000. Both have substantial potential catchment areas. We have the New Forest, Romsey, Eastleigh, Winchester and have a decent showing in Salisbury. They have Fareham, Havant, Hayling Island, most of the Meon Valley and a good following in Petersfield. If they had been marketed correctly (not easy for such an insular club as theirs), they could have taken a lot of the fans in West Sussex as well as East Hampshire.

I used to come to Prem (and initially CCC) matches from South Wales and there were a few other Saints fans who used to get on the (direct) train at the same time - I used to see others around in Saints shirts too.

The potential catchment area for a top tier side playing attractive football is the whole of the South West/Central England up to the midlands, except for a few patches in Swindon, Reading, Bristol and Plymouth where allegiances are already formed. That is, if they know they can get in every week - look how quickly Reading sold out in their seasons in the Prem - Saints already have a history of selling 30k plus and the likes of Man U, Liverpool etc with all the plastics would sell the place out twice over.

Depends whether you want the risk of hearing empty seats echoing for Wigan and Blackburn really, doesn't it ?