Would you make Matt pay for his ticket?

Noodles34

On the back of another thread in which someone has said that the allmighty one NC has invited Terry Paine to Wembley I remembered back to the intial takeover times and the rhetoric about everyone paying their way etc.

So, in my lifetime there has only been one God and he saved Saints many times (more than the other one saved Jesus (not Alex!)), so he rings the Don and says he needs a ticket for Wembley, would you charge him? I'd personally have a spare seat at SMS with his name on it and anytime he wanted to come he could, no ticket, no charge. Yes he can afford it of course, but for all he did for SFC (one club remember, except Oxford and Eastleigh), how could you ask him to pay?

Surely he was considered as a guest of the finalists ? perhaps he was contracted with Sky ?

Wembley yes, SMS no, purely for consistency, the owner came out and said that if he paid for his ticket then so should everyone else this does not prevent the owner/chairman periodically inviting servants of the club to the best hospitality we can offer as appreciation, I know no hospitality or ticket would come anywhere near to paying him back for those years but where do you stop ?

Surely he was considered as a guest of the finalists ? perhaps he was contracted with Sky ?

Wembley yes, SMS no, purely for consistency, the owner came out and said that if he paid for his ticket then so should everyone else this does not prevent the owner/chairman periodically inviting servants of the club to the best hospitality we can offer as appreciation, I know no hospitality or ticket would come anywhere near to paying him back for those years but where do you stop ?

at last someone answers the question correctly, because thats the point of it, not MLT going to Wembley, but where do you stop? And speaking of consistency, you'll not going to invite Terry Paine from South Africa and then ask him to pay are you? So where is that consistency? Like all things that start with good intentions, do you really think ML and NC are going to 'renew' their ST's?

anyone who has part of the stadium named after them should not have to pay, what a bloody cheek calling a room after someone and making them pay to go in it.

matt will get a free ticket from the ex saints box when ever he needs it, as will other ex saints who want to attend any matches.

im sure matt would pay anyway, however he already does a huge amount of work for the club so it should be a case of you scratch my back and ill scratch yours!

maybe he should start invoicing the club for all his work!!

anyone who has part of the stadium named after them should not have to pay, what a bloody cheek calling a room after someone and making them pay to go in it.

matt will get a free ticket from the ex saints box when ever he needs it, as will other ex saints who want to attend any matches.

im sure matt would pay anyway, however he already does a huge amount of work for the club so it should be a case of you scratch my back and ill scratch yours!

Calm Down Dear, it was a hypothetical thread!

so Kevin Phillips for example would get one if it was down to you?

On the back of another thread in which someone has said that the allmighty one NC has invited Terry Paine to Wembley I remembered back to the intial takeover times and the rhetoric about everyone paying their way etc.

So, in my lifetime there has only been one God and he saved Saints many times (more than the other one saved Jesus (not Alex!)), so he rings the Don and says he needs a ticket for Wembley, would you charge him? I'd personally have a spare seat at SMS with his name on it and anytime he wanted to come he could, no ticket, no charge. Yes he can afford it of course, but for all he did for SFC (one club remember, except Oxford and Eastleigh), how could you ask him to pay?

if it was up to me i would give him your seat and make you sit in the toilets. But its not is it.

:confused:

I susupect Matt will be working with Sky so probably already there. I dont know the ins and outs of what the clubs PR/hospitality policy, but I suspect that Matt will be invited and most likely for free when he is available (which is not that often).

Personnally i dont think Matt would have a problem with paying his own way as the policy from the club seems to be standardised for everyone, which is perhaps best as in previous regimes there was always alot of controversy involved with accustaions of freeloaders etc ... I suspect that both Matt and NC are allowing a bit of time for things to settle - afterall Matt was spearheading a rival bid and its often best to let a bit of time pass... I am sure Matt will get what he has earned through his loyalty to the club over time - he will always be a legend whoever owns or runs the club.

I think MLT is at Wembley anyway but working for Sky.

Btw, he'll be wearing a tie. He doesn't often wear one but this is in good cause. Hopefully if he gets asked he'll say why.

Were you at the meal last night too? If you were then it was my donation to Kevin Moore's fund that Matt said he'd wear a tie for Soccer Saturday and then another lady said she'd chip in with more money if he wore a Saints one. He then said because of the money he'll wear a tie on both days - fair play, but because of the money involved he couldn't really say no, could he!

His comments about Nicola Cortese were damning and had me slightly worried that all is not as it seems behind the scenes at SMS.

And to answer the OP, he'll be working for SKY on Sunday, wearing his Saints tie of course!

He should never have to buy a ticket. Granted, he made more money in his career than most of the rest of us put together, but he could have earned more by going elsewhere. And he didn't, because loyalty shone through.

Give him a ticket, a chant, and a bottle of Malibu.

+1, please tell all...

NC wants promotion this year, NC continues to pressure AP, NC rules with an iron fist, AP wasn't NC's first choice, NC is not always polite, NC is not liked by all at SMS, NC is........blah blah blah, whether it needs to be repeated or not, is it right to quote MLT ?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I would pay for Matty's ticket anytime. However I would never pay for his Big Macs; I could never afford it.

Wonder if Lawrie has been demanding free tickets and hospitality?

Bizarrely I can answer that one.

Just been chatting with Lawrie about an hour ago, whilst we were both waiting for our cars at Southampton Audi. He will be there but not as a guest of the club. As noted earlier NC doesn't do guests or ambassadors.

Bizarrely I can answer that one.

Just been chatting with Lawrie about an hour ago, whilst we were both waiting for our cars at Southampton Audi. He will be there but not as a guest of the club. As noted earlier NC doesn't do guests or ambassadors.

LOL. I bet that went down well with him! I wonder if actually handed over his readies for his tickets or got some freebies off of someone other than the club?

Were you at the meal last night too? If you were then it was my donation to Kevin Moore's fund that Matt said he'd wear a tie for Soccer Saturday and then another lady said she'd chip in with more money if he wore a Saints one. He then said because of the money he'll wear a tie on both days - fair play, but because of the money involved he couldn't really say no, could he!

His comments about Nicola Cortese were damning and had me slightly worried that all is not as it seems behind the scenes at SMS.

And to answer the OP, he'll be working for SKY on Sunday, wearing his Saints tie of course!

Yes, I was there, fair play to you then matey and also to the lady for offering the extra wedge!!!! It was good evening and MLT was a true gent and did a brilliant Q&A after the meal. Good to see Franny Benali there too.

Yeah, his comments about NC, or more accurately what may be going on at SMS, caused much debate at work today. I hope that this may just be speculation on Matt's part and that, if there is a kernel of truth at the centre, Matt has heard a story that has grown with the telling. I hope so anyway.

Yes, I was there, fair play to you then matey and also to the lady for offering the extra wedge!!!! It was good evening and MLT was a true gent and did a brilliant Q&A after the meal. Good to see Franny Benali there too.

Yeah, his comments about NC, or more accurately what may be going on at SMS, caused much debate at work today. I hope that this may just be speculation on Matt's part and that, if there is a kernel of truth at the centre, Matt has heard a story that has grown with the telling. I hope so anyway.

What did MLT say?

You should buy a ticket to an ex-saints fundraiser and put your question to him yourself!

Of course it's ok to quote him, he said it to the public.

Nc wanted to sack pardew only six games in and has almost made Pardews task untenable. He also said that nc needs to surround himself with people that have football knowledge as he doesn't know hardly anything about the way things work.

Also the way benali has been treated by nc at the club and also regarding the renting of his house has been shocking.

Plenty more but can't be arsed to write it all.

These aren't my opinions but those of mlt.

You should buy a ticket to an ex-saints fundraiser and put your question to him yourself!

Nc wanted to sack pardew only six games in and has almost made Pardews task untenable. He also said that nc needs to surround himself with people that have football knowledge as he doesn't know hardly anything about the way things work.

Also the way benali has been treated by nc at the club and also regarding the renting of his house has been shocking.

glad nothing too sinister, that's kind of what I expected and nothing new.

Thanks for the report

LOL. I bet that went down well with him! I wonder if actually handed over his readies for his tickets or got some freebies off of someone other than the club?

So in other words he's paid for his tickets... Unless you can prove otherwise...

Which rather p1sses on your bonfire doesn't it?

Does Dave Bassett fall into that camp would you think? He was spotted at SMS by someone a while back but the mystery was never solved until after the MK Dons game at the weekend. Apparently they work closely re football matters.