Burnley v Citeh. Would you leave early if it was Saints?

lordswoodsaints

Burnley 3-0 down after 7 minutes and floods of burnley fans headed for the exits...

If this happened to saints would you be justified in leaving?

Or would you stick it out to the bitter end?

Personally i would have left at halftime...regardless of man city being a decent team the burnley players didn't bother to turn up so why should the supporters bother.

Once in my life have a I left early and that was when we played Palace at home under Burley and within ten minutes it was fecking obvious that Burley had bought 17 midfielders when we needed TWO Centre Backs.

I left when we were two nil down after about thirty minutes and all I could see coming was a hammering which duly arrived.

Had I owned a gun then I would have gone around to the Itchen stand and shot the bloke.

(As for Burnley why the feck did they employ coco the bloody clown Laws as manager?? Failed at Wednesday miserably so given a Premiership job?? The board there also need shooting).

Burnley 3-0 down after 7 minutes and floods of burnley fans headed for the exits...

Personally i would have left at halftime...regardless of man city being a decent team the burnley players didn't bother to turn up so why should the supporters bother.

bit of a silly question as most on here wouldn't be there in the first place ;)

Absolutely NO!! Could possibly turn out to be an I was there result, you never know.

Have never left before the final whistle and never will.

Spot on. Some examples of why I never leave before final whistle:

3 Apr 1963 FA Cup Round 6 replay: Saints losing 3-0 at home to Forest with 16 minutes remaining. Goals from Kirby, OG and Burnside made the final score 3-3 and Saints won the second replay on neutral ground (Spurs) 5-0.

14 Nov 1967 Division 1 Saints playing at home to Leicester on a rainy and windy day and losing 1-4; and I was on my way out when Peter Shilton (Leicester goalkeeper) scored a 5th goal for Leicester after 89 minutes. Not often you get to see a goalie score and I missed it.

1999 European Cup Final and ManU losing 1-0 to to Bayern after 90 minutes. I know ManU fans who left at that point and missed seeing their team win 2-1.

Spot on. Some examples of why I never leave before final whistle:

3 Apr 1963 FA Cup Round 6 replay: Saints losing 3-0 at home to Forest with 16 minutes remaining. Goals from Kirby, OG and Burnside made the final score 3-3 and Saints won the second replay on neutral ground (Spurs) 5-0.

14 Nov 1967 Division 1 Saints playing at home to Leicester on a rainy and windy day and losing 1-4; and I was on my way out when Peter Shilton (Leicester goalkeeper) scored a 5th goal for Leicester after 89 minutes. Not often you get to see a goalie score and I missed it.

1999 European Cup Final and ManU losing 1-0 to to Bayern after 90 minutes. I know ManU fans who left at that point and missed seeing their team win 2-1.

Bolton at home, FA Cup reply about 92? Bolton score in the 90th minute to go 2-1 up, que mass exodus, 2 minutes later Barry Horne scores on the greatest goals i've ever seen from 35 yards to make it 2-2, Saints go on and win 3-2.

I left when the 5th goal went in away at Everton when we lost 7-1 (or was it 7-0?).

My mate, Burnley Dave, left after 10 mins yesterday in disgust at the complete and abject surrender of the players.

He knew they were relegated when when they appointed Laws but wanted to see them to at least go down fighting and it's the lack of fight which they are angry about.

I'm sure there was a story doing the rounds that Sepp Blatter left his seat and got in the lift to go pitchside to present the cup to Bayern, so missed the equaliser, then was back in the lift to retake his seat for extra time for the winner.

Personally, I never leave early, you never know what will happen.

Fickle bunch of ****s.

They wanted the PL.

They dreamt the dream.

They patently were not ready as a club or as a team.

They failed to find a way to keep the manager who got them there.

And THEN they walk out?

They wanted PL football and they got it, be careful that if you wish for something you can take the good times AND the bad.

Will serve them right when they go down with Pompey.

You wanted it, you got it.

I remember the Dell feeling quite deserted when we lost 2-6 to Spurs - it's only a game!:)

The only time I have left early was the previous round that year. We were six nil up against Luton and I was 3rd in the queue for the White Hart Lane tickets. The ticket office wouldn't start selling till the final whistle! You never know....

Doubt i'd leave, when I see Saints get battered I usually enjoy seeing the other team play. However, how Brian laws got that job is beyond me, ****ing mad decision, what has he ever achieved in football? Madness. We can only hope that if we end up in the prem again some day we are up to the task, as burnley clearly are not!

I wouldn't leave that early. I was there when we were 3-0 to Liverpool (in 99?) With 16mins to go a drew 3-3. Seemed back then, The Dell never emptied during the game.

Ive left in stoppage time when we've been getting dicked a couple of time, but I still watch the rest in the concourse. Don't understand the amount of people that leave early when we're drawing or there's only one goal in it?

Fickle bunch of ****s.

They wanted the PL.

They dreamt the dream.

They patently were not ready as a club or as a team.

They failed to find a way to keep the manager who got them there.

And THEN they walk out?

They wanted PL football and they got it, be careful that if you wish for something you can take the good times AND the bad.

Will serve them right when they go down with Pompey.

You wanted it, you got it.

With all due respect Phil, not in their wildest dreams could fans have dreamt the board would appoint Brian Laws.

In saviour terms that's the equivalent of buying a ticket to Dignitas...

With all due respect Phil, not in their wildest dreams could fans have dreamt the board would appoint Brian Laws.

In saviour terms that's the equivalent of buying a ticket to Dignitas...

To be honest LTC, not in their wildest dreams could Saints fans have dreamt the board would appoint Steve Wigley, Paul Sturrock et al :cool:

My point though is that the club wasn't ready for the PL. That goes from the very top downwards. The Board simply had no experience of that level of football, they tried to do what a CCC club would do, they appointed someone available, they didn't go out and look for the RIGHT person with the experience.

Such as Gary Megson :D

I left the FA Cup final at half time, I knew Arsenal were going to win and the football was ****, I have never been to a women's game since.

Other than above I have never left a game early, don't see the point, there is something self satisfying about sticking by your team when things are not going well. I was at Spurs when we shipped 4 goals in 5 mins in 1993, just as the Spurs fans had sat back down after celebrating a goal they scored again, those ****s always seem to put a few past us.

Also, slightly different I know, how many Watford fans didn't turn up for the second leg 7 1 win because they were down 4 nil down from the first leg.

If I arrived on time to see the goals I would walk out, If I hadn't arrived to see the goals I wouldn't walk in. Does that make sense?

I have walked out a couple of times early. Can't remember the matches but both times it was too obvious we were going for a hammering. I don't enjoy seeing my team get hammered.

I also left my Itchen North seat early once to get prime position at the tunnel to shout abuse at Jermaine Wright. He didn't like me.

I'd have stayed, although I suppose there is the element of Man City being a far better team than Burnley

However I've seen us and other teams throw away similar leads many times.

I remember going to a Port Vale match with a few of my mates in the mid 90s. In terms of how the game panned out, what happened there was exactly what happened here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8426500.stm

Edited by JackFrost

I pay my money for my ticket and leave whenever the f*ck I like. It doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else if I leave early.

yes it does. do you leave the cinema a few minutes before the film ends so you can beat the traffic? :rolleyes:

i listened to the game on the radio and by the end the burnley fans were out-singing the man city fans (like the carlisle fans did with us for the last twenty minutes of the JPT).

my favourite song was 'you were six nil up and you phucked it up'

massive respect to all the burnley fans that stayed.

yes it does. do you leave the cinema a few minutes before the film ends so you can beat the traffic? :rolleyes:

I do if it is a c### film, have you tried to sit through St Trinians lol

As for the Carlisle fans singing, yes they did but the game was over and the fantastic support was waiting for the final whistle, when does a team have a 4 goal lead in a cup final? If the game was tight then you would have seen the fans still behind the team right to the end. It was a odd feeling,knowing we had won with 30 minutes to go and so like the team we were playing out time

Was at Burnley last season when we were 3-0 down in practically the same time - tempted to leave but also wanted to suck it all in - the disgust, the disbelief you name it. Hard to call yourself a football fan if you haven't experienced a good and proper humbling and the realisation you're totally powerless to do anything about it.

It makes me laugh that some of you think that the appointment of Brian Laws was a bizzare appointment to a small time club in its first year in the Premiership.

Well consider this, we employed a League 1 manager with NO experience of the Premiership other than when he was given a ticket to sit in the stands. Moreover, we chose him over a very successful ex England and Saints manager.

I ask you ? Makes you wonder.

Was at Burnley last season when we were 3-0 down in practically the same time - tempted to leave but also wanted to suck it all in - the disgust, the disbelief you name it. Hard to call yourself a football fan if you haven't experienced a good and proper humbling and the realisation you're totally powerless to do anything about it.

The only reason I didn't was it was coming down like a monsoon and we had the kids with us.

That added to the strange need to watch the car crash develop on the pitch in front of me.

It makes me laugh that some of you think that the appointment of Brian Laws was a bizzare appointment to a small time club in its first year in the Premiership.

Well consider this, we employed a League 1 manager with NO experience of the Premiership other than when he was given a ticket to sit in the stands. Moreover, we chose him over a very successful ex England and Saints manager.

I ask you ? Makes you wonder.

And what a management career that successful ex England and Saints manager has carved out for himself in the top leagues around Europe.

Oh.