Can we do it??? YES WE CAN!!

Ian the Red

4 games left, we must win all 4 but which team will **** up?

Huddesfield: Stockport (A); Colchester (H); Exeter (A)

Charlton: Exeter (A); Leeds (H); Oldham(A)

Swindon: Wycombe (A); Brentford (H); Millwall (A)

Colchester: Tranmere (H); Huddesfield(A); Orient (H)

Saints: Oldham (H); Carlisle(H); Gillingham (A); Southend (H)

Col must beat Tranmere to keep their season alive before playing Huddesfield. Swindon need a draw to reach 79 points so think they will make it. But what about Charlton? Their last three games look to be the most difficult and you never know, lose against Exeter and Leeds and then they need to win the last game away. IMHO I still think Huddesfield will only pick up 4 points, Charlton just the 1 point and of course the mighty Saints will win all 4 so we'll be there!!

Magnificent on Saturday, fantastic support and was great to be on terrace again, hate sitting down!

COYR

Seriously though, picture this. We win tomorrow and on Saturday, Stockport somehow get a draw at home to Huddersfield and Colchester also beat Tranmere.

Then the following weekend, Colchester go all out attack at Hudderfield knowing they need to win to have any chance. They get their victory but alas Saints have snatched another last minute winner at Gillingham.

That puts Saints 6th with a game to spare, which is home to Southend.

Our only hope is if one of Huddersfield or Charlton eneter admin and get -10.

We still have to win all 4 games, a tough ask. Charlton should get 2 points and I cant see Huddersfield failing to get 5 from their remaining fixtures. The onll hope we have is that the presure gets to them. That win against Wallsal, was a turning point, had they lost that against 10 men, they'd have really been nervous.They are on a good run now, and Colchester are pants, if they cant get 2 points from stockport and Exeter I'll be amazed.

If it's going to be anyone it'll be Charlton, but that's slim.

Oh how I wish we could make it. Would be an amazing end to the season after all the club has been through this season.

Like others though I dont think it will happen. The hardest part for me is trying to stop myself feeling blue about not making it.... Not easy given the feelings I and everyone felt when huddersield got the late winner against Wallsall. That was tough and I think there may be heartache to come. 1 point away from 6th maybe?! :-S

Well from my prediction scores we get 6th because of goal difference. My gosh it's going to be tight.

Huddesfield: WDL

Colchester: WDW

Saints: WWWW

Colchester are irrelevant in terms of beating Saints to 6th place.

Saints have to win all four games and if they do that then Colchester can't overtake them no matter what they do.

Colchester are irrelevant in terms of beating Saints to 6th place.

Saints have to win all four games and if they do that then Colchester can't overtake them no matter what they do.

This isn't true, if Huddersfield lose to Colchester and they both lose their other games we can get in on 74 points.

However, if only Huddersfield lose all their games, it's only if Colchester win all 3 that we have to win all 4. So Colchester aren't completely irrelevant, they are still relevant if Huddersfield lose all 3 games.

You're right to say Colchester are irrelevant if Saints win all 4 - except that their result against Huddersfield could still be the difference in us going up or not.

If we win all our games, we'll have won 7 in a row, which is very impressive.

I still don't think it will be enough. Huddersfield IMO will get more than 5 points, and we'll just miss out. It's a shame, but we can all have a relaxing summer and look forward to next season.

Will we win all our last games? Well the Gillingham game worries me - they beat Leeds well at home, and are still fighting.

It's worth noting that Exeter have only lost at home 4 times this season. That's better than nearly all of the teams outside of the playoffs. They're playing Charlton and Huddersfield at home and have a lot to play for.

There's also a very good chance of Colchester taking 3 points from Huddersfield as they have it all to play for too.

It would also be 8 wins in a row for us, not 7.

Gillingham have Norwich on Saturday who may have a promotion hangover and with Gills fighting against the drop they may well cause a shock however they will still need to get something from saints game to ensure safety.

It is possible for Charlton to only get a point from last 3 games probably against Oldham and hope they lose to Leeds and Exeter. Both those teams will have something to play for which makes it interesting.

Huddersfield will surely beat Stockport therefore we need to pray that both Exeter and Colchester do us a big big favour. I just hope that with all these "what if's" that saints dont shoot themsleves in the foot and fail to win all their games as that would be our own fault and not down to bad luck should we miss out with 78 points.

You REALLY think Charlton can't get 2 points from those 3 games? LOL Deluded.

Huddersfield will get their 5 points easily.

Keep taking the happy pills, you never know they might start working soon. Charlton have 3 difficult games two of which are away and Huddersfield will know themselves two of the games will not be easy and the third against Stockport will be no walkover as they are already relegated and will be playing for pride.

I would argue that we HAVE to.

I get the feeling that next year's Championship will actually be pretty weak, with Portsmouth, Crystal Palace and Hull all weakened by money worries. There's a real chance that a team could get promoted this year and have a pop at going straight through to the Premiership. I'd like that team to be Saints. I'd hate the skates to take advantage of a poor Championship. They've had enough helping hands this season without getting an easy season next year.

Strange that everyone on here can have different opinions!

Ha-ha isn't that what forums are all about?

My take on it is - we have to rely upon others failing - but to take advantage we must keep winning. We somehow are still in it despite the recent loss to Swindon - perhaps that has given us focus.

78-points will be good enough for the play-offs with our goal difference.

Can you see Saints winning another 4 on the bounce - even if 3 are at home?

I don't think in 40+ years of following Saints I have ever seen us win 8-games on the bounce - but then again I have never watches a team so hungry aas this lot.

One game at a time and tick the boxes down to 78-points. It may be all over by the Southend game - but who cares what a great season straight after Administration!

I think if it's going to be anyone, it will be Charlton, you'd have to say that the momentum is probably with Huddersfield now after coming back from dead in the Walsall game and the confidence they would of gained by beating an inform Millwall on a friday night.. Charlton are going to struggle against Exeter I think, possibly a loss or a draw there, Leeds is an unpredictable game to call, and I've got a funny feeling that Charlton will lose to Oldham on the last game of the season, last games are always a bit funny ...especially for teams with nothing to play for I.E. Oldham ...they often win because they are more relaxed about the game ...its definitely possible, I think Saints will their own worst enemy's as usual and end up only drawing one of the games maybe even another freak loss, as usual I hope I'm wrong...

Strange that everyone on here can have different opinions!

Ha-ha isn't that what forums are all about?

My take on it is - we have to rely upon others failing - but to take advantage we must keep winning. We somehow are still in it despite the recent loss to Swindon - perhaps that has given us focus.

78-points will be good enough for the play-offs with our goal difference.

Can you see Saints winning another 4 on the bounce - even if 3 are at home?

I don't think in 40+ years of following Saints I have ever seen us win 8-games on the bounce - but then again I have never watches a team so hungry aas this lot.

One game at a time and tick the boxes down to 78-points. It may be all over by the Southend game - but who cares what a great season straight after Administration!

Just like it was a few years ago when when we played Southend on the last game of the season, oh hang on........

4 games left, we must win all 4 but which team will **** up?

Huddesfield: Stockport (A); Colchester (H); Exeter (A)

Charlton: Exeter (A); Leeds (H); Oldham(A)

Swindon: Wycombe (A); Brentford (H); Millwall (A)

Colchester: Tranmere (H); Huddesfield(A); Orient (H)

Saints: Oldham (H); Carlisle(H); Gillingham (A); Southend (H)

Col must beat Tranmere to keep their season alive before playing Huddesfield. Swindon need a draw to reach 79 points so think they will make it. But what about Charlton? Their last three games look to be the most difficult and you never know, lose against Exeter and Leeds and then they need to win the last game away. IMHO I still think Huddesfield will only pick up 4 points, Charlton just the 1 point and of course the mighty Saints will win all 4 so we'll be there!!

Magnificent on Saturday, fantastic support and was great to be on terrace again, hate sitting down!

COYR

Dream on sunshine, dream on! Meanwhile we'll leave the coffee brewing for when you wake up!

Always make me laugh, threads like this.

Can we do it? Yes, that is the only answer. If someone says no they are simply incorrect.

Will we do it? Well that is another question, and one where we can answer with our own opinions. Personally I would say no, but it's been fun all the same.

We can't give up. I think we'll make 6th if we win all 4. It would be terrible to slip up in one of those then see Huddersfield or Charlton slip up. It's all out for 4 games, we can't worry about other teams right now. One game at a time.

Exactly, this is the only acceptable approach.

I'm shocked where still in with a very narrow chance as I had written us of weeks ago. I still don't think we will becuase we are relying on others to **** up and we can't afford one slip the odds just look to stacked against us. Still what ever happens this has been one of the best seasons in a long time and I've loved every minute of it (well apart from swindon at home which was awful.)