The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Lambert, Barnard, Connolly....is that enough? We need more than 3 strikers in a team.

Then you have a hungry youngster like White or Oxide chamberlaine, you can't have 4 strikers all vying for 2 spots, one will get unsettled by being left out constantly.

Then you have a hungry youngster like White or Oxide chamberlaine, you can't have 4 strikers all vying for 2 spots, one will get unsettled by being left out constantly.

white's gone, and Chamberlin is a central midfielder.

we really need decent backup for lambert, pard's has alluded to it himself.

Yup, White has been released and AOC is more of an attacking midfielder (and he's also 16). We need another striker at least, because there are doubts over the fitness of Connolly still, and he may not accept the contract he's been offered, which would mean that we'd have only Lambert and Barnard as the strikers in our team. Imo we need another pacy striker (Vassell) and a taller striker who can hold up the ball (Gary Alexander from Millwall CDAJFU). Another CM, a RB or two, a RM and a CB and we'll be sorted for the season at least.

Yup, White has been released and AOC is more of an attacking midfielder (and he's also 16). We need another striker at least, because there are doubts over the fitness of Connolly still, and he may not accept the contract he's been offered, which would mean that we'd have only Lambert and Barnard as the strikers in our team. Imo we need another pacy striker (Vassell) and a taller striker who can hold up the ball (Gary Alexander from Millwall CDAJFU). Another CM, a RB or two, a RM and a CB and we'll be sorted for the season at least.

Think we need a young hungry Striker in that case, we are not going to sign a decent striker that has already made a name for himself to sit behind Lambert and the other two on the bench.

We need to find a promising youngster that is happy to sit and learn and hungry enough to take the chance if it is given to him.

I was thinking Le Fondre the other day, would he be good enough at this level ?

Think we need a young hungry Striker in that case, we are not going to sign a decent striker that has already made a name for himself to sit behind Lambert and the other two on the bench.

We need to find a promising youngster that is happy to sit and learn and hungry enough to take the chance if it is given to him.

Decent shout, especially now Rotherham have missed out on promotion.

George Friend released from Wolves and returned on loan to Exeter for second half of season.

On a free

Early 20s

Blood and guts type of player

Tall, strong, Power house at Left Midfield, centre midfield, Centre Back or Left Back.

Scored a cracking free kick for Southend against us last autumn.

Michael Bostwick to Saints - According to some Stevenage fan. He says he is a DM, but can play CB and will make the step up easily.

Looking at a Stevenage site it says he has agreed a move to an unnamed L1 club.Let the speculation begin.

I think we may have over looked a player Pardew rates- Jacob Melis

Does he really rate him though? I was under the impression he was bought in more due to the Wilkins connection more than anything else. He didn't really set the place alight from what I remember and only had a good couple of performance before going back to Chelsea after mostly being a bench warmer here.

George Friend released from Wolves and returned on loan to Exeter for second half of season.

On a free

Early 20s

Blood and guts type of player

Tall, strong, Power house at Left Midfield, centre midfield, Centre Back or Left Back.

This is a player mentioned on here in the last two or three seasons.When he went to Wolves I was a bit disappointed that we may have missed out on a good prospect although I'm now not so sure that he would improve on our current squad.Left back and LM are not our weakest areas (especially if the Dickson rumours prove true).

Le Fondre...i'm not so sure tbh. Good at L2, could be decent enough at L1 level, but remember we're looking to build a team to take us up to the Premiership. Agree about the young and hungry part, as we're mainly looking for an understudy here, as Lambert and Barnard work well together and scored bucketloads of goals (combined totals) last season and we have David Connolly waiting in the wings.

However, only time can tell, and i'd love it if we signed Le Fondre and the gamble paid off. I think the same could be applied to Chris Dagnall, who scored 20 goals for Rochdale last season and is out of contract now. Sc*nthorpe are rumoured to be interested and Rochdale have offered a contract extension, but I reckon we could easily oust those two.

This is a player mentioned on here in the last two or three seasons.When he went to Wolves I was a bit disappointed that we may have missed out on a good prospect although I'm now not so sure that he would improve on our current squad.Left back and LM are not our weakest areas (especially if the Dickson rumours prove true).

George Friend

At 22 only just reaching that age to shine...

Very good left sided player and would prove good cover there and as a third centre back...

But I see him as the ultimate defensive midfield player in the anchor role. Very good in the air and very strong in the tackle...For a very big lad he has speed and a very good motor.... No worries about his bottle..this lad gets stuck in.

To me a real footballer.

Personal choice for me....

Will end up at Bristol City or Reading.

Edited by ottery st mary

I'm sure we will live with it.

No doubt Torquay will be delighted to sign Jake Thompson now that Mustapha Fag has p!ssed off and will be better off without him as well.

Hopefully he will form a formidable partnership with Pulis and the Imps will walk League 2.

Not sure what we would want with a 5ft 9ins striker who played 50 games for Torquay and scored just 6 goals. Not really a stand in for Lambert you'd have thought.

I doubt it was us to be honest, perhaps just his agent talking up his ability?

According to norwegian newspaper Aftenposten we were scouting Norways u-21 international striker Marcus Pederesen yesterday, as Norway were playing Hungary. Marcus scored to goals. He's only 19 years old, but plays regulary in norways top league. He has scored 17 goals in 37 matches for an highly average side, which is impressive. He is powerfull and has good pace, should fit english football well. Four Premier League clubs were also at the match.

According to norwegian newspaper Aftenposten we were scouting Norways u-21 international striker Marcus Pederesen yesterday, as Norway were playing Hungary. Marcus scored to goals. He's only 19 years old, but plays regulary in norways top league. He has scored 17 goals in 37 matches for an highly average side, which is impressive. He is powerfull and has good pace, should fit english football well. Four Premier League clubs were also at the match.

Link to the article?

A quote re Palace:

Here's the latest quote from Brendan Guilfoyle, the administrator put in charge of the Eagles in January:

"I've already made the calls [to other clubs]. What I'll actually do after the [1500 BST] deadline is start selling players. The enquiries are out, offers have been received. There are a number of players who have value but once they're sold and if no-one else comes in then I'll have to resign, walk away and then the liquidation process will re-start."

hope we have got an offer in for Danns, although i still expect him to go to QPR but worth a try surely...

I say this every time somebody posts a rumour up from another site, but I mentioned Vassell way back in the thread, he'd be quality. Pacy, tricky, good on the ball and a great finisher. Very experienced as well, so would be a good older head along with Connolly up front to help mentor some of the youngsters through in the squad. He hates life in Turkey apparently, and although he's had injuries in the past that have kept him out for a while, you can't argue with having a player with 22 England caps in your squad at this level.

Also, really hope Oaks comes back here. He was my idol as a Saints player when I was growing up, I sent a letter off to him at the club and he sent back a nice hand-written letter answering my questions and a signed photo. Burley really screwed him over with the contract negotiations, he wanted to sign a contract with us that would take him right up to retirement (a clause in the contract he wanted would've assured him a testimonial game), but Burley offered him a 1 year deal on severely reduced wages, which of course he rejected. He'd be the perfect player to come back into the side and lead us up to the CCC again, and maybe even the Prem.

Vassell is pacy, he tricks himself (due to his complete lack of ability!) and his finishing is abysmal! There is a good reason why he is playing for a sh*t club in Turkey, he is utter dog sh*t!

Simeon Jackson would be a much better option! But then again who wouldn't!

Vassell is pacy, he tricks himself (due to his complete lack of ability!) and his finishing is abysmal! There is a good reason why he is playing for a sh*t club in Turkey, he is utter dog sh*t!

Simeon Jackson would be a much better option! But then again who wouldn't!

You don't get 22 England caps if you're that bad though...

Agree that Jackson is more established at this level and would probably be more comfortable playing in L1, but we're talking about building a team to take us to the Prem, and Jackson flattered to deceive sometimes last season, whereas Vassell has spent most of his career playing in the Prem.

You don't get 22 England caps if you're that bad though...

Agree that Jackson is more established at this level and would probably be more comfortable playing in L1, but we're talking about building a team to take us to the Prem, and Jackson flattered to deceive sometimes last season, whereas Vassell has spent most of his career playing in the Prem.

Emile Heskey has multiple caps for England and he is nearly as bad as Vassell!

Jackson terrorised us when we played away to Gillingham. The main reason for this was his pace and direct running! He could easily outscore Vassell at League 1 level! I think Heskey could outscore Vassell!

Emile Heskey has multiple caps for England and he is nearly as bad as Vassell!

Jackson terrorised us when we played away to Gillingham. The main reason for this was his pace and direct running! He could easily outscore Vassell at League 1 level! I think Heskey could outscore Vassell!

Heskey and Vassell are two different types of players, you can't really compare them. Jackson was good against us, but he faded away in the second half of the season like Beckford did. I'd personally take Vassell over Jackson, but I can see why others would want Jackson.

Couple of points of interest from SKY’s transfer clock.

18.29 Swindon Town are expecting leading scorer Billy Paynter to leave the club in the summer rather than sign a new contract. Leeds United have been strongly linked with a bid for the striker.

17.18 Burnley have bolstered their squad ahead of their return to the Championship by signing striker Chris Iwelumo from Wolves.

Shame, Iwelumo would've been a hell of a signing.

Rocket Swanie on 606 reckons that Freddy Adu could be signed by the end of the month..

I know he's not always got it right but there is clearly interest as it came up in many countries press a few days after he first posted the news.

A 2 year loan deal sounds good with the possibility of getting him on a free after that :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A69312206

Rocket Swanie on 606 reckons that Freddy Adu could be signed by the end of the month..

I know he's not always got it right but there is clearly interest as it came up in many countries press a few days after he first posted the news.

A 2 year loan deal sounds good with the possibility of getting him on a free after that :)

According to his tweet, today is his birthday - apparently he is 21 today. :smt113

hmm, not sure after reading that..sounds like one of those ''footballrumours.com'' postings.

the english isn't great for a start.