The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Pretty much the same information as Saint Lambden posted so either they've got a similar source or are the same person?

Not the same person- he told me who the player is.

Just wait and see what happens, all I can say is that the player is a first-teamer .

It's as close to the club as you can get TBH- and I wouldn't make up the Danny Coid rumour- I hadn't ever heard of him before he got mentioned.

I noticed Richard Stearman and Andrew Keogh have been released along with Surman.

They will probably go CCC but we have done deals for Fonte etc, could we pull that off ??

Stearman was quite highly rated at one stage.

I find it bizarre, that despite the rumours, there's still no suggestion that some signings are actually on the way. We've got Ryan Dickson's week long medical and Calderon's month long talks but, these snippets aside, precious little actual evidence that we've even started trying to bring players in.

Nothing even from AP on the OS to say he's back from holiday, planning for the new season and has identified his targets. I know I'm being impatient but it would be good to be given an indication that we were actively doing something. [Note to club - a video montage of past signings is not required to indicate that something is about to occur!]

Whilst the backing Saints have would suggest we'd be one of the few clubs that would be active in the market at an early stage, people worrying over a lack of news (or even rumours) in early June is a little short-sighted.

All we know from Pardew himself is that he is looking at a target man to back-up Lambert and a fairly reasoned conclusion is that we'll be interested in several new players from the sheer amount we released in May.

There are plenty of clubs in financial trouble in the Championship and there is no point going after players of these clubs until their financial situation means we get the best value - I think the least the new Board and Pardew deserve is our trust that they are working diligently to bring in the right players. I am sure they will arrive.

I find it bizarre, that despite the rumours, there's still no suggestion that some signings are actually on the way. We've got Ryan Dickson's week long medical and Calderon's month long talks but, these snippets aside, precious little actual evidence that we've even started trying to bring players in.

Nothing even from AP on the OS to say he's back from holiday, planning for the new season and has identified his targets. I know I'm being impatient but it would be good to be given an indication that we were actively doing something. [Note to club - a video montage of past signings is not required to indicate that something is about to occur!]

You are being impatient. Also Dickson and Calderon are not snippets, they are as good as you are going to get transfer targets. Both players are top class by the way at this level.

I also see this information as the tip of the iceberg in terms of efforts and enquiries made. We wouldn't have heard about either transfer of the `losing' club has not revealed it. There will be other transfers, perhaps involving negotiations on price that won't ever come to light.

Pardew has no excuses this season. He and everyone else knows this. His job is on the line, so you can rest assured he is working his socks off to get the right players in. If he is away on holiday at present then fine, we all deserve one, but he will back on it as soon as he returns. The right players will be brought in...

Edited by Chez

The chap from Orient, centre half Mkwandire is leaving on a free. Very good centre half, young around 24/25, excellent free. Apparantly Swansea are sniffing around

That would be an excellent signing.

The chap from Orient, centre half Mkwandire is leaving on a free. Very good centre half, young around 24/25, excellent free. Apparantly Swansea are sniffing around

Agreed. Looked very good in both games (admittedly the first one he had to go off early with a head injury). Has he turned down a contract? I can't believe they'd release him.

Apparently Albert Adomah has been offered terms. Just through word of mouth, nothing exciting.

by us? Happy with that. Very good prospect. Pacey. Waigo's replacement perhaps.

Edited by Chez

He looked a good player agreed, however do we need a new CB ?? For what its worth i can see Martin getting a few more games this year and i am pretty happy with Fonte, Jaidi, Seaborne and Martin.

Jay DeMerit is on a free transfer..could do a job for a year or two.

Jay DeMerit is on a free transfer..could do a job for a year or two.

If he is playing in the World cup i would say he could definately play in the NPC, unfortunately however a decent performance in said world cup will expectedly source an offer from a NPC challenging team.

Chez - they didn't release him, his contract is up and he is walking to get a better club.

Ironically it appears as though we can get a lot of our business done on the cheap through free's as there are a lot of good players around.

An argument i would like to pose to you guys revolves around Connolly. Obviously we need a back up for Ricky, but would you rather give Connolly another year or get in a speedy striker like Simeon Jackson??

I would rather sign Jackson as i think his speed to go with Ricky would work well, plus Connolly has big problems with injuries.

Interested to know your thoughts??

Chez - they didn't release him, his contract is up and he is walking to get a better club.

Ironically it appears as though we can get a lot of our business done on the cheap through free's as there are a lot of good players around.

An argument i would like to pose to you guys revolves around Connolly. Obviously we need a back up for Ricky, but would you rather give Connolly another year or get in a speedy striker like Simeon Jackson??

I would rather sign Jackson as i think his speed to go with Ricky would work well, plus Connolly has big problems with injuries.

Connolly deserves another year, he has a touch of class about him at times.

Then bring another striker in- like suggested above- somebody like Sam Vokes on loan and we have 4 quality strikers for this league :)

I don't need an "indication" that the club are doing something..... AP is an experienced manager and NC is no ones mug. We will hear anything when the club are good and ready to announce anything to tell.

James McArthur ??

Hamilton midfielder ?? 22 and V Good prospect.

I'll also renew my original Marlon Harewood and Joe Ledley shouts who are now out of contract i believe. They would be mustard in this league.

Ledley wants a PL move, IIRC he said in january that he would stay with cardiff only if they won promotion this year. or summat like that.

Harewood however would be a great shout

Ledley wants a PL move, IIRC he said in january that he would stay with cardiff only if they won promotion this year. or summat like that.

Harewood however would be a great shout

Ledley, I couldn't see coming here. Harewood, I could. Strong ties with Pardew, would be dynamite with Rickie.

Is he the winger ?? How would you rate him compared to Antonio ??

Also if he is the winger i think he is this may put pay to us attempting terms with Reading and Antonio.

yes a winger, extremely quick and with ability to go with it. Difficult to rate him alongside Antonio as he has proved he can do it in League 1 whilst Adomah has to make the step up. I think he can do it, mind you I am basing my opinion on only two games. However the interest in him from Blackpool and Norwich last summer shows he is highly regarded.

If Connelly/Barnard, Labert and Lallana are all in the side we have to have pace as an option off the bench.

I hope its not a choice between Anotnio and Adomah as Antonio was the best player to watch for years and years and I like to see more.

it had to be. He looked the business. I guess it all depends on how highly AP rates Martin as we need 4 centre backs.

The 1 thing the team is crying out for in most areas is pace. I reckon Simeon Jackson is a great shout as a potential signing upfront.

Albert Adomah sounds like he could inject some pace on the wings (lacking since Antonio's exit!) and Dickson sounds like he has some pace and can provide some pace up and down the left side if signed.

Connolly definitely deserves another season (on a pay as you play deal due to his injury record!) because he offers the experience and class of an ex Premiership and International player that can be of great use in tight games!

The 1 thing the team is crying out for in most areas is pace. I reckon Simeon Jackson is a great shout as a potential signing upfront.

Albert Adomah sounds like he could inject some pace on the wings (lacking since Antonio's exit!) and Dickson sounds like he has some pace and can provide some pace up and down the left side if signed.

Connolly definitely deserves another season (on a pay as you play deal due to his injury record!) because he offers the experience and class of an ex Premiership and International player that can be of great use in tight games!

I know it's an old argument between us, but...

Vassell = Pace of Jackson, Left Footed like Dickson, International and Domestic experience of Connolly.

Connelly, when fully match sharp (took about 5 games last season) is like a slightly better Barnard. Bloody brilliant to have both I might add. I just can't imagine Pardew allowing him to leave even after a season of yet more injuries.

I have to say though that Antonio and Waigo both played up front at times so if neither come back we will need to strengthen not only out wide but also up front. Who ever it is to come in has to be top class, obviously, but will need to be able to replace Lambert or play with him (otherwise he won't fancy coming in the first place).

James McArthur ??

Hamilton midfielder ?? 22 and V Good prospect.

I'll also renew my original Marlon Harewood and Joe Ledley shouts who are now out of contract i believe. They would be mustard in this league.

McArthur wants PL football so he's in the Ledley bracket and out of reach at the moment.

Brings us back to earth a bit. Just shows we can't persuade EVERYONE we want to come to SMS. On top of that - aside from Poyet saying he'd withdrawn their contract because of interest from Saints - did we really make much of a move for him?

''but with an added clause which would allow the club to cancel the deal after six months should he not fully recover from his hip injury sustained in April.''

i think that points to him not getting through a medical with us.

sounds like a bad injury he has, and we don't need to take crocks on anymore.

''but with an added clause which would allow the club to cancel the deal after six months should he not fully recover from his hip injury sustained in April.''

i think that points to him not getting through a medical with us.

sounds like a bad injury he has, and we don't need to take crocks on anymore.

Yeah been reading a bit more into this - it definitely seems the injury problems have halted the move.

Good. We no longer sign crocks.