The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Emile Heskey has multiple caps for England and he is nearly as bad as Vassell!

Jackson terrorised us when we played away to Gillingham. The main reason for this was his pace and direct running! He could easily outscore Vassell at League 1 level! I think Heskey could outscore Vassell!

Sometimes I really cant believe some of the things people say on this website. I mean, some people really have no clue.

Who do people on here think we are turning their noses up at players like Emile Heskey and Darius vassell?! I imagine there are people on here would rather Rickie Lambert than Emile Heskey which just about says it all. Emile Heskey is one of the top 4 or 5 English strikers.

As for Darius Vassell, he would be an amazing signing for us. Amazing. And we would be massively punching above our weight if we got him. Anyone who says they would rather Simeon Jackson rather than Darius Vassell clearly has no clue about anything. Sorry but Darius Vassell has played for England 22 times scoring 6 goals. Simeon Jackson has played for Gillingham who will be plying their trade in L2 next year. Oh and Vassells goals to game ratio for ENGLAND is only marginally worse than Jackson's goal to game ratio for GILLINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I despair. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

Simeon Jackson. Unbelievable.

Sometimes I really cant believe some of the things people say on this website. I mean, some people really have no clue.

Who do people on here think we are turning their noses up at players like Emile Heskey and Darius vassell?! I imagine there are people on here would rather Rickie Lambert than Emile Heskey which just about says it all. Emile Heskey is one of the top 4 or 5 English strikers.

As for Darius Vassell, he would be an amazing signing for us. Amazing. And we would be massively punching above our weight if we got him. Anyone who says they would rather Simeon Jackson rather than Darius Vassell clearly has no clue about anything. Sorry but Darius Vassell has played for England 22 times scoring 6 goals. Simeon Jackson has played for Gillingham who will be plying their trade in L2 next year. Oh and Vassells goals to game ratio for ENGLAND is only marginally worse than Jackson's goal to game ratio for GILLINGHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1. You'd have thought, seeing as we have watched Saints in all three top divisions in the last few years, that people would realise the difference in quality between someone who does quite well in League 1, and someone who has done well at international level.

+1. You'd have thought' date=' seeing as we have watched Saints in all three top divisions in the last few years, that people would realise [b']the difference in quality between someone who does quite well in League 1, and someone who has done well at international level.[/b]

Although I understand the point you are making over the scale of their achievements at a different level,you should modify the above to:

the difference in quality between someone who [does quite well] has been outstanding in League 1, and someone who [has done well] once was quite average at international level,the last time probably 6 years ago.

If its Vassell we are talking of then his best days are behind him,and isn't he now injury prone?

The fact that Emile Heskey is regarded as one of the top 4 or 5 English strikers just shows the complete lack of top quality English strikers! How can Darren Bent, who scored 24 league goals for a mid table team in the Premiership last season, be overlooked at international level for the carthorse that is Emile Heskey? How many goals did Heskey get for Villa last year? I forgot, he has to actually play for Villa to score goals!

As for Vassell, as I have stated before this guy is no where near as good as people are stating! I have no idea how he managed to get 22 England caps! His finishing is utterly abysmal! His injury record is awful too!

We need people who have experience of the league we are playing in (i.e. Jackson) rather the players who are past it or just crap! 2 or 3 players from league 1 and a couple of players from the championship would be ideal. Just look at how good Jose Fonte was for us last year!

People are entitled to their own opinions, including me!

Although I understand the point you are making over the scale of their achievements at a different level,you should modify the above to:

the difference in quality between someone who [does quite well] has been outstanding in League 1, and someone who [has done well] once was quite average at international level,the last time probably 6 years ago.

If its Vassell we are talking of then his best days are behind him,and isn't he now injury prone?

Well said Badger!

The fact that Emile Heskey is regarded as one of the top 4 or 5 English strikers just shows the complete lack of top quality English strikers! How can Darren Bent, who scored 24 league goals for a mid table team in the Premiership last season, be overlooked at international level for the carthorse that is Emile Heskey? How many goals did Heskey get for Villa last year? I forgot, he has to actually play for Villa to score goals!

As for Vassell, as I have stated before this guy is no where near as good as people are stating! I have no idea how he managed to get 22 England caps! His finishing is utterly abysmal! His injury record is awful too!

We need people who have experience of the league we are playing in (i.e. Jackson) rather the players who are past it or just crap! 2 or 3 players from league 1 and a couple of players from the championship would be ideal. Just look at how good Jose Fonte was for us last year!

Heskey is in the team to provide someone to hold up the ball and bring others into play. How many strike partnerships have both strikers scoring 20 goals each. One creates, one scores

Heskey is in the team to provide someone to hold up the ball and bring others into play. How many strike partnerships have both strikers scoring 20 goals each. One creates, one scores

Would you not prefer Crouch with Rooney?

He can hold up the ball, win balls in the air and has a great goalscoring record as I'm sure you know.

Crouch and Defoe for me. They play together very well, yes they are nowhere near as talented as Rooney but they work well.

For the group stage I would go with them and then for the knockout put Rooney up front by himself with Gerrard Cole Lennon behind him

so are you saying that Vassell fits into both these?

so are you saying that Vassell fits into both these?

Yeah, I would much rather see us looking at younger players at Premiership teams that have potential and something to prove to their parent club. A few examples are:

Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa - Striker)

Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea - Left back)

Gaël Kakuta (Chelsea - Winger)

Craig Eastmond (Arsenal - Midfielder)

David Gray (Man Utd - Right back)

Phil Jones (Blackburn - Centre back)

Danny Rose (Tottenham - Winger)

Jordan Henderson (Sunderland - Midfielder)

These players are young and would really benefit from a season of 1st team action (albeit at a lower lever)! They aren't old players who are closing in on retirement and have little left to offer anybody like Vassell. His wage demands would be another issue to consider!

Rocket Swanie on 606 reckons that Freddy Adu could be signed by the end of the month..

I know he's not always got it right but there is clearly interest as it came up in many countries press a few days after he first posted the news.

A 2 year loan deal sounds good with the possibility of getting him on a free after that :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A69312206

Has Rocket Swannie ever got anything right ??

TBF, if that bloke told me fire was hot i'd still stick my hand in it.

Has Rocket Swannie ever got anything right ??

TBF, if that bloke told me fire was hot i'd still stick my hand in it.

He claims to have got right these transfers in advance:

Adam Hammill

Jason Euell

Stern John

Jon Otsemobor

Kenwyne Jones (to Sunderland- with Stern John to us)

Danny Guthrie

Rhadi Jaidi

David Connolly

From what he posted earlier ^ .

He claims to have got right these transfers in advance:

Adam Hammill

Jason Euell

Stern John

Jon Otsemobor

Kenwyne Jones (to Sunderland- with Stern John to us)

Danny Guthrie

Rhadi Jaidi

David Connolly

From what he posted earlier ^ .

I don't even believe his name is rocket swannie

Swocket Ronnie perhaps

The only one he got right was David Connolly, and even then he only said a striker will sign for us in the next week.

He's already said we're signing Theo Robinson and Richard Chaplow this window, which i haven't seen anywhere. Also said he received an email that we were signing Simeon Jackson.

He just makes up rubbish basically and most of the people on 606 seem to believe him every time, plus he only posts during transfer time.

The only one he got right was David Connolly, and even then he only said a striker will sign for us in the next week.

He's already said we're signing Theo Robinson and Richard Chaplow this window, which i haven't seen anywhere. Also said he received an email that we were signing Simeon Jackson.

He just makes up rubbish basically and most of the people on 606 seem to believe him every time, plus he only posts during transfer time.

I quite liked Chaplow when he played for us, not least as he reminded me of CMFG, but I do doubt that he is any better than what we already have.

Yeah, I would much rather see us looking at younger players at Premiership teams that have potential and something to prove to their parent club. A few examples are:

Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa - Striker)

Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea - Left back)

Gaël Kakuta (Chelsea - Winger)

Craig Eastmond (Arsenal - Midfielder)

David Gray (Man Utd - Right back)

Phil Jones (Blackburn - Centre back)

Danny Rose (Tottenham - Winger)

Jordan Henderson (Sunderland - Midfielder)

These players are young and would really benefit from a season of 1st team action (albeit at a lower lever)! They aren't old players who are closing in on retirement and have little left to offer anybody like Vassell. His wage demands would be another issue to consider!

Vassell is 29 ffs! Hardly ancient!

I see what you're saying, we need to be looking at young, promising talents, but what I think we really need is a team of cool, experienced heads. I hate to say it, but we should be doing something like P*mpey did when they got promotion, sign experienced players on free transfers who can help guide the club up. P*mpey signed the likes of Tim Sherwood, Arjan de Zeeuw and Paul Merson on frees and dominated the CCC, then built on that by signing better, younger players when they had reached their goal.

Now, i'm not saying we should sign a whole bunch of ex-Prem crocked 38 year olds, but players that we've been linked with like George Boateng or even someone like Lee Carsley would be fantastic for us at this level, as they've both played at arguably the highest level of domestic football in the world for years. The same goes for the likes of Vassell, he played in the Prem for teams like Man City and Aston Villa for over a decade and made 265 Premiership appearances, and was an integral part of the England team in the 2002 World Cup and qualifying fixtures afterwards. Simeon Jackson on the other hand had a good 1/2 season, but faded away and didn't look half the player he promised in those first few months.

I agree that Jackson is more comfortable with this level of football, but we're trying to build a team to take us to the Premiership, and i'm not sure how a bunch of L1 and L2 journeymen could do that as quickly as ML and NC want. We need players who have experience at CCC and beyond if we want to go up this coming season and be serious play-off contenders in the next after that. Also, Vassell has recently mutually terminated his contract with Ankaragucu so he's on a free, whereas Jackson could prove to be quite costly, Gillingham were talking in millions in January, which is a big risk for a player who's only had one season above L2 level.

George Boateng and Darius Vassell close to signing.

NC will have to put the booking fee up to £30 a time to pay for Boatengs wages. He's been on mega money and will no doubt look for one last `premiership size' pay day.

Vassell is 29 ffs! Hardly ancient!

I see what you're saying, we need to be looking at young, promising talents, but what I think we really need is a team of cool, experienced heads. I hate to say it, but we should be doing something like P*mpey did when they got promotion, sign experienced players on free transfers who can help guide the club up. P*mpey signed the likes of Tim Sherwood, Arjan de Zeeuw and Paul Merson on frees and dominated the CCC, then built on that by signing better, younger players when they had reached their goal.

Now, i'm not saying we should sign a whole bunch of ex-Prem crocked 38 year olds, but players that we've been linked with like George Boateng or even someone like Lee Carsley would be fantastic for us at this level, as they've both played at arguably the highest level of domestic football in the world for years. The same goes for the likes of Vassell, he played in the Prem for teams like Man City and Aston Villa for over a decade and made 265 Premiership appearances, and was an integral part of the England team in the 2002 World Cup and qualifying fixtures afterwards. Simeon Jackson on the other hand had a good 1/2 season, but faded away and didn't look half the player he promised in those first few months.

I agree that Jackson is more comfortable with this level of football, but we're trying to build a team to take us to the Premiership, and i'm not sure how a bunch of L1 and L2 journeymen could do that as quickly as ML and NC want. We need players who have experience at CCC and beyond if we want to go up this coming season and be serious play-off contenders in the next after that. Also, Vassell has recently mutually terminated his contract with Ankaragucu so he's on a free, whereas Jackson could prove to be quite costly, Gillingham were talking in millions in January, which is a big risk for a player who's only had one season above L2 level.

I agree with your point that Boetang and Carsley would be good signings for us because we are missing a midfield general! A player who can put his foot in to win the ball back for us and get us back on the attack! This is a position where you can get away with having a slightly older player (i.e. Marsden) because they spend most of their time patrolling the area in front of the centre backs breaking up the play. I would prefer Boetang out of the 2 because I feel his is the slightly better player and has an age advantage on Carsley. I'm not sure either player would drop down to League 1 though but you never know!

I still disagree with you on Vassell though! The fact that he is available on a free transfer does save us money on the transfer fee but also means that he is likely to want higher wages! I don't think he is worth paying silly money too!

I agree with your point that Boetang and Carsley would be good signings for us because we are missing a midfield general! A player who can put his foot in to win the ball back for us and get us back on the attack! This is a position where you can get away with having a slightly older player (i.e. Marsden) because they spend most of their time patrolling the area in front of the centre backs breaking up the play. I would prefer Boetang out of the 2 because I feel his is the slightly better player and has an age advantage on Carsley. I'm not sure either player would drop down to League 1 though but you never know!

I still disagree with you on Vassell though! The fact that he is available on a free transfer does save us money on the transfer fee but also means that he is likely to want higher wages! I don't think he is worth paying silly money too!

I am inclined to agree with you! A new midfield general is a good idea! We need a new Marsden!

Vassell is a nice idea! But his wages would be too high! I fear!

I am going for a beer!

COYRS!

!

I am inclined to agree with you! A new midfield general is a good idea! We need a new Marsden!

Vassell is a nice idea! But his wages would be too high! I fear!

I am going for a beer!

COYRS!

!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #-o

Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but can I ask... is there any plan to put updates to the first post of the HCDAJFU thread like there have been in previous years?

Usually someone puts up a list of all the players that have been suggested and then updates this with news of what has happened to each of the suggested players. For what it's worth, I have really appreciated the effort that people have made in the past to do this.

I appreciate that doing this is hard work, so I guess I understand why it is not happening this time around. Nevertheless, I think it's worth just expressing my appreciation of all those who have made the effort to do this in the past. :)

Of course, it maybe that someone has already asked this question, in which case please accept my apologies for raising it again. I haven't got the time to wade through all 23 pages of this thread!

Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but can I ask... is there any plan to put updates to the first post of the HCDAJFU thread like there have been in previous years?

Usually someone puts up a list of all the players that have been suggested and then updates this with news of what has happened to each of the suggested players. For what it's worth, I have really appreciated the effort that people have made in the past to do this.

I appreciate that doing this is hard work, so I guess I understand why it is not happening this time around. Nevertheless, I think it's worth just expressing my appreciation of all those who have made the effort to do this in the past. :)

Of course, it maybe that someone has already asked this question, in which case please accept my apologies for raising it again. I haven't got the time to wade through all 23 pages of this thread!

I have done this for the last few windows.

I have again created a list and posted it earlier in this thread (post 654 on page 14). I didn't start the thread so I can't add the list to the first post or then update it. I did PM it to the thread originator but never got a response.