The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

What about some of the ghana team looked good against usa & they speak english so no language barrier

Samuel Inkoom looked like half decent rb/rm

I would be gobsmacked if we signed any players that are currently in the Qfs of the world cup. We'd be lucky to attract them even being in the championship.

Our level is a million miles away from the level they're playing atm.

So does no one have even a rumour from a Sunday tabloid to share ?

The Sunday tabloids are full of real stories from the World Cup at the moment. They don't have to resort to making up league one transfer rumours to fill their column inches (not for a couple of weeks yet, anyway).

The Sunday tabloids are full of real stories from the World Cup at the moment. They don't have to resort to making up league one transfer rumours to fill their column inches (not for a couple of weeks yet, anyway).

What I hate is the tabloids everyday say Spurs and Man City will buy so and so.....

In the last week both teams have been linked with 15 players each, IF one does actually happen then they will say 'We told you so.'

I'm dreading the days when we will be linked with every player in the world as they know we have money.

'

I'm dreading the days when we will be linked with every player in the world as they know we have money.

couldnt agree more.....a bit more exciting not knowing before the announcement but its a little frustrating on how quite it seems, but maybe this week will be full of announcements!!

Can't agree; we're building a team to go through the Championship - Oakley is too old and doesn't fit into that 2-3 ye plan.

Wasn't the plan to get players who could get us out of the championship?

Oakley was in a team who got to the play off's last year.

Oakley would be a poor signing. I was never a massive fan when he was here, let alone years on. We need a tough defensive midfielder, Boateng on a free??

Lets move away from the old guard, there is a world of players out there. I think everybody's mind set needs to change, forget the same old band of players, we should be using our scouts to target talent from far and wide.

I think we can expect signings this week, there is no doubt Pards will want the signings in as early as possible

25 Jun 2010 11:13:44

Bristol Rovers midfielder Chris Lines is set for talks with Southampton and will undertake a medical at St.Mary's stadium and it is hoped he will be unvieled alongside Brett Pitman whose move looks a near certainty after Pitman expressed his desire to leave Dean Court.

Lloyd James will make the move to Bristol Rovers after his release from the Saints. The former Wales U21 international midfielder/full back James was born in Bristol and held a Season ticket at rivals Bristol City until moving to Southampton aged 10.

Bristol Rovers midfielder Chris Lines is set for talks with Southampton and will undertake a medical at St.Mary's stadium and it is hoped he will be unvieled alongside Brett Pitman whose move looks a near certainty after Pitman expressed his desire to leave Dean Court.

Lloyd James will make the move to Bristol Rovers after his release from the Saints. The former Wales U21 international midfielder/full back James was born in Bristol and held a Season ticket at rivals Bristol City until moving to Southampton aged 10.

On the BBC website, it says that Rovers are hoping to announce a signing before they return for pre-season training...

Soren Larsen is a 28 year old danish international striker who has been released by Tolouse. He previously played for Schalke 04 in the German top division, but came into the shadow of Kevin Kuranyi. There are rumours that he might be returning to Sweden where is was a veritable goal machine before being bought by the germans. He ought to be worth a look.

No great suprise... But doesn't look like Jackson is going to sign a new deal at Gillingham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11737_6235746,00.html

C'mon Pards..... Make a move!

I Never thought he would be any good for us but until i saw he was only 23, he has plenty of time ahead of him and to see that Millwall and Norwich want him it shows they believe he has the ability to perform at Championship level.

I agree, C'mon Pards..... Make a move!

I haven't followed Denmark, so I don't know whether he actually played. He was part of the pre-world cup squad, though. I don't think that he would turn down talking to Saints. Like most Scandinavian players he would love to have a bash at english football, and I can't see why we wouldn't be as competitive as Toulouse and Duisburg, where he also spent a short while. AP made noises about somebody else in the Lambert mould, and there are similarities. He has had a few injuries, though.

Would people stop trying to link us with Brett Pitman. If you have seen him play you will know he is slow and clumsy. He is also arrogant and lazy. Simply not good enough for us!

Huddersfield are signing Lee Croft on loan, good signing that along with Jamie Mccombe from Bristol City.

They will walk this league.

I understand that these are half decent signings but if you think those 2 would get in our 1st team you are deluded.

All very quiet down St Marys.

No rumours no nothing, all we know officially is that Pardew is looking for a new striker or two.

Hopefully we will hear a bit more soon. This forum needs something else to talk about.

There's a cracking thread going on about Lawro and Keegan at the mo -They wouldn't believe what's going down over there, would they?

it appears no-one knows anything, tried getting whispers but Adomah is the only thing I got and that was a 'pub' rumour.

Huddersfield are looking a good side this season and have done well getting the players in early and gelling.

Brighton are making a song and dance, fingers crossed all our work is being done all in good time.

it appears no-one knows anything, tried getting whispers but Adomah is the only thing I got and that was a 'pub' rumour.

I can't seem to get any snippets either. Only rumours I have heard are that we've looked at Chris Dickson and Kevin Lisbie.

These are just rumours though, nothing concrete.

Hopefully we're not too far away from making some new signings. Pre-season is fast approaching!

I can't seem to get any snippets either. Only rumours I have heard are that we've looked at Chris Dickson and Kevin Lisbie.

These are just rumours though, nothing concrete.

Hopefully we're not too far away from making some new signings. Pre-season is fast approaching!

Hopefully I'm jinxing myself here, but I heard today that the club aren't talking to the media until next week. Not sure if that's about signings, or just in general.