The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Jeremi Aliadiere? Some guy on 606 saying we're in talks with him... I know it's 606, but this guy also seemed to know all about Adu demanding 20,000 a week wages and the whole Dickson transfer; he seems valid enough...

Anyway, HCDAGJFU.

if only we'd got promoted we'd have signed Inigo Calderon, Nicky Bailey, Andrew Surman - and probably Simeon Jacskon, Albert Adomah and Antonio as welll by now!!!!

Too true, my friend. (Not sure about Calderon though - Sure his hip was a problem!)

Scotland is quite quick tbf, he just hasn't got the acceleration to be able to show it over short distances like most pacy players do. Saw him at St Johnstone a few times and always impressed me, has done well at this level in the past and I would be happy if he signed, although I wouldn't pay over the odds for him because there are certainly better options out there. I hope you all realise that this Owen rumour is complete BS as well. Obviously made up by somebody who had a bit of spare time at work and couldn't figure out how to do Sudoku, so decided to start a rumour instead.

Scotland is quite quick tbf, he just hasn't got the acceleration to be able to show it over short distances like most pacy players do. Saw him at St Johnstone a few times and always impressed me, has done well at this level in the past and I would be happy if he signed, although I wouldn't pay over the odds for him because there are certainly better options out there. I hope you all realise that this Owen rumour is complete BS as well. Obviously made up by somebody who had a bit of spare time at work and couldn't figure out how to do Sudoku, so decided to start a rumour instead.

But....in years to come, the "have we signed Owen yet?" posts will almost be as humourous as the Skacel ones :-)

Think he was already crossed off the list but Prutton has signed for Swindon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8787513.stm

I am not too upset by this, i did think he was quite a good player, but he is well past it now IMO.

We need a destructive midfielder, allow Punch and Lallana to sit wide behind Rickie. And have Hammond and Schniederlin up a bit more.

4-5-1 IMO

- - - - - - - - - - -Davis- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

New RB - - Fonte - - Jaidi - - Harding/Dickson

- - - - - - - - - -New DM - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - -Hammond- - -Schniderlin - - - - - - - -

Puncheon- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Lallana

- - - - - - - - - - Lambert - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Would be my team anyways

Edited by Smirking_Saint

I am not too upset by this, i did think he was quite a good player, but he is well past it now IMO.

We need a destructive midfielder, allow Punch and Lallana to sit wide behind Rickie. And have Hammond and Schniederlin up a bit more.

4-5-1 IMO

Would be my team anyways

Looks good - particularly away from home. Possibly swap Barnard for either the New DM or Hammond when we're at home?

4-5-1 IMO

Would be my team anyways

I think 4-5-1 is the way forward as well, although I'd say we sit Hammond and Schneiderlin in front of the defence and have a far more attacking player infront of them, Danns would be ideal but there are plenty of quality attacking midfielders in the CCC we could convince, someone like Garvan would be fantastic. I guess more of a 4-2-3-1 than a 4-5-1, with the three all switching positions and keeping the opposition guess, worked well with Lallana, Puncheon and Antonio at times just need another attacking mid to join them.

It seems divided on the Michael Owen rumour, what's the gut feeling if we were to sign Lee Hughes from Notts County seeing as they are skint?

1. The Michael Owen 'rumour' isn't a rumour, it's just plain idiocy.

2. Why would we want to sign a 34 year old from League 2? Is that really the limit of our ambitions?

4-5-1 IMO

Would be my team anyways

Most of the 4-5-1 games I saw just ended up with Lambert isolated. 4-4-2 for me, especially at home. Cannot understand why people are so keen to leave Barnard out either, especially in favour of a hypothetical defensive midfielder. He's second only Lambert in the scoring charts, we should be sticking the pair of them up front and tearing teams appart, not stuffing the middle of the park and hoping for the best.

Looks good - particularly away from home. Possibly swap Barnard for either the New DM or Hammond when we're at home?

I don't know, perhaps, i just thought that we always looked stronger as 4-5-1 as it is more flexible. 4-4-2 is a difficult formation these days IMO and i think we have the players to make 4-5-1 work.

4-4-2 can be far too rigid, 4-5-1 allows for puncheon, lallana and Lambert to be more fluid. All IMO anyways.

I guess I should also ask if you know the identity of the other 3 potential signings (the RB' date=' CM & winger)?![/quote']

We are trying to get in - Coid , Hendrie , Stock and Aliadiere (sp?)

Trundle is a possibility but like someone said - Yeovil offered him a deal at the end of last week and he may be attracted there by a promise of first team football, something he is unlikely to get here.

Donny are holding out for over £1 million for Stock.

Most of the 4-5-1 games I saw just ended up with Lambert isolated. 4-4-2 for me, especially at home. Cannot understand why people are so keen to leave Barnard out either, especially in favour of a hypothetical defensive midfielder. He's second only Lambert in the scoring charts, we should be sticking the pair of them up front and tearing teams appart, not stuffing the middle of the park and hoping for the best.

Nah, we didn't look quite as strong going forward playing 4-4-2, there is no need to keep Lambert isolated if it is applicated correctly, Barnard is a great player though, and plays well with Lambert, it's a difficult one, both formations have pluses, for me 4-4-2 has less.

Nah, we didn't look quite as strong going forward playing 4-4-2, there is no need to keep Lambert isolated if it is applicated correctly, Barnard is a great player though, and plays well with Lambert, it's a difficult one, both formations have pluses, for me 4-4-2 has less.

The 5 goal hauls against Huddersfield and Walsall both came with 2 up front. The 5 against Bristol I'm not sure about as I wasn't there. Puncheon, Lallana and Antonio all started, but I'm not sure in what formation. We weren't exactly weak away from home either, we beat Norwich and MK Dons away, keeping a clean sheet in both games, playing 2 up front. We also won the JPT with a 4-4-2 formation. I suppose it's one of the oldest debates in football an I doubt we're going to settle it now. :D

The 5 goal hauls against Huddersfield and Walsall both came with 2 up front. The 5 against Bristol I'm not sure about as I wasn't there. Puncheon, Lallana and Antonio all started, but I'm not sure in what formation. I suppose it's one of the oldest debates in football an I doubt we're going to settle it now. :D

We could 63336 it ?

Or have an e-rock-paper-scissors battle

Trundle is a possibility but like someone said - Yeovil offered him a deal at the end of last week and he may be attracted there by a promise of first team football, something he is unlikely to get here.

Interestingly they splashed out over a million for Billy Sharp today. Not sure they have that much spare cash knocking around so maybe they're sensing some imminently incoming funds?

Any idea whether any of these deals are imminent? Sorry for all the questions but my impatience is getting the better of me!

would add to the squad nicely IMO

Interestingly they splashed out over a million for Billy Sharp today. Not sure they have that much spare cash knocking around so maybe they're sensing some imminently incoming funds?

Any idea whether any of these deals are imminent? Sorry for all the questions but my impatience is getting the better of me!

Yeah I know what you mean , we all want some incoming players soon!

None of the above deals are really imminent....I understand that a fee has been agreed for Stock and that could be done (if it goes through) within the next couple of weeks.

The rest are at a stage of initial talks with the clubs or with agents.

Aliadiere would join on a free.

OH! just found out another name mentioned around the training ground.... Steven Caldwell who was released by Burnley.

Clark he is pretty quick, certainly quicker than Ricky and would be a cracking signing. His goal record at League 1 and champ suggest that.

As for the troublesome centre midfield holding position, what about Amdy Faye on a free????? surely he would be perfect, strong, experienced and i think he would come

Scotland tore us to pieces in the CCC. I'd be surprised if he dropped two divisions. I always remember Faye to be another Folly - ****ing useless. Isn't he a proper mercenary as well?

Where'd the Alliadiere stuff come from?

Not a bad player. Good skill, reasonable pace and only let down by finishing, but that's been at a higher level. Wenger believed in him for a while, he'd be worth a shot in league 1 competing with Rickie, Connolly and Barnard.

I'm not sure the Boro fans rate him, but its a division below so he would probably shine.

Think I mentioned Aliadiere early on in the thread, would be a good signing on a free and ties in with what i've heard with regards to a striker being on trial with us while still contracted to a club. Injury problems in the last few years though, not sure we need another crocked striker on our hands ala Connolly. However much I think Steven Caldwell was a crock of sh!te at Burnley (and when he played for Scotland under GB), I can't help but think he'd be amazing at this level alongside Fonte. Proper bruiser and a good replacement for Jaidi.

Saint_Lambden seems to know quite a lot as well! Even if it's bullsh!t, thanks for keeping us entertained over the last few days!

None of the above deals are really imminent....I understand that a fee has been agreed for Stock and that could be done (if it goes through) within the next couple of weeks.

OH! just found out another name mentioned around the training ground.... Steven Caldwell who was released by Burnley.

Why,if a fee has been agreed,does it take a couple of weeks to finalise?

Caldwell was meant to be joining his old boss Cotterill at skates.

Scotland, quick??? What?
Yes please - has a record in the lower leagues.

Antonio talking to Leeds.
Shyte. AND they have Max Gradel who is a very similar player. I'd rather have Antonio but would this free Gradel up for a transfer/loan?

Aliadere? Really!? God damn awful player lets hope hes a diva and refuses to drop down a division or take a pay cut ;-)

Where'd the Alliadiere stuff come from?

Not a bad player. Good skill, reasonable pace and only let down by finishing, but that's been at a higher level. Wenger believed in him for a while, he'd be worth a shot in league 1 competing with Rickie, Connolly and Barnard.

I would take Aliadiere if he wouldn't be on silly money, but methinks he would be. So no ta.

Why on earth would it be a couple of weeks away if a fee has been agreed?

Easy really.

A day to type out his contract, two days to sort out a shirt with his name on the back, two days to pack some stuff to move down here, Three days to sort out cashing the cheque incase it might bounce, also relying on royal mail to exchange the papers, the list goes on.

I say three weeks from now Stock will put pen to paper.

Let's hope it's not going to be announced at 11.30 in the evening as that will delay it by another half day.

Edited by Pilchards

Easy really.

A day to type out his contract, two days to sort out a shirt with his name on the back, two days to pack some stuff to move down here, Three days to sort out cashing the cheque incase it might bounce, also relying on royal mail to exchange the papers, the list goes on.

I say three weeks from now Stock will put pen to paper.

Let's hope it's not going to be announced at 11.30 in the evening as that will delay it by another half day.

Sorry, but that's a complete load of bullplop. 2 days to sort out a shirt with his name on the back? Behave. That's a 5 minute job, tops. Also I doubt there are cheques for millions of pounds floating around in the postal system. I doubt the royal Mail is used at all, or cheques. It's probably all done with emails, faxes and online bank transfers. IF there is indeed a transfer in the pipeline taking 3 weeks, there must be some deliberation over the fee or wages.

Why on earth would it be a couple of weeks away if a fee has been agreed?

Why,if a fee has been agreed,does it take a couple of weeks to finalise?

Caldwell was meant to be joining his old boss Cotterill at skates.

I have highlighted the word nobody seemed to have read.

It might not neccesarily take exactly two weeks , but it should be no longer.

Caldwell has also had offers from 2 Championship clubs - believed to be Preston + M'Boro.

yeah i've heard this too but i've also heard stock is on his way which is why we've been able to afford billy and also why we've brought gillett back

Above is a comment I've lifted a comment from a Doncaster forum, which may mean Stock's arrival might be quite soon.

They may, of course, have sold him to someone else and be in the same position re: 'Billy' and Gillett

just a thought but im not sure Pilchards was being entirely serious

I can't even tell anymore. There are people on here whop think we're going to sign Michael Owen, Cortese is as bad as Lowe and that the World is going to end because we haven't signed anyone by 10am on July 1st.:uhoh: