The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

He has only had one season in League 1

And had a poor end to the season, not what i call 'consistant'

Don't write him off just because he goals dried up, he leads the line well and was a constant pain in the arse when we played Gillingham away even though he didn't score. Would be a good signing if you ask me.

Scores a good variety of goals too, so not just a one-trick pony.

Bristol Rovers Chris Lines coming to Saints with Bart going to them

Really? Is this a guess or have you some news?

Would we be offsetting any development fee for Bart, because he's under, 24 against a transfer fee for Lines then? Or can't we do that because Bart isn't a product of our youth system? And I thought Lines had indicated he was staying at Rovers? So many questions...

Bristol Rovers Chris Lines coming to Saints with Bart going to them

That is interesting because there was somebody connected to BRFC on a link from the Saints Twitter site saying "Don't go to Saints Chris, stay with us" (or words to that effect). Rather ties in with the above, if true.

I'm in the minority with Simeon Jackson still, I just don't think we should all be wetting our pants over the prospect of signing a player who had never played above L1 level before this season. Fair enough, he started off well but then he faded and was eventually dropped for a few games by Stimson. £750k is a hell of a lot of money for him as well, considering Gillingham are in pretty dire financial straits and he's out of contract at the end of the season. Forgive me, but i'd rather we spent that kind of money on securing the signature of an NPC striker, which isn't too out of the question considering Huddersfield are rumoured to be in negotiations with Joe Garner, one of Forest's best players last season.

Oh one thing just crossed my mind - Bart is out of contract - how can we make a deal involving him then? is it the under 24 money that Saints are dealing with?

My thoughts exactly.IF he wants to sign elsewhere he will,but we have no means of using this as a bargaining tool with another club.

My thoughts exactly.IF he wants to sign elsewhere he will,but we have no means of using this as a bargaining tool with another club.

I think the issue is around us demanding compensation because he's under 24 and we've offered him a new contract. If Rovers sign him, and we're entitled to compo, then we knock that off the fee they want for Lines (assuming Bart wants to go there and doesn't fail the medical, as he supposedly did at Braga...).

I dont know of any problems with EU players, but in the past you had to play a certain amount of your clubs matches to keep a work permit but this does not apply any more so as for waiting international clearance your guess is as good as mine on this

Anyone with a Euro passport can work anywhere in Europe without the need for Visas or work permits. Footballer or not

I'm in the minority with Simeon Jackson still, I just don't think we should all be wetting our pants over the prospect of signing a player who had never played above L1 level before this season. Fair enough, he started off well but then he faded and was eventually dropped for a few games by Stimson. £750k is a hell of a lot of money for him as well, considering Gillingham are in pretty dire financial straits and he's out of contract at the end of the season. Forgive me, but i'd rather we spent that kind of money on securing the signature of an NPC striker, which isn't too out of the question considering Huddersfield are rumoured to be in negotiations with Joe Garner, one of Forest's best players last season.

I've got a close friend who is a Forest fan so went to see them quite a few times last season. He was far from being one of their 'best players'. He rarely got in their first 11.

was he really one of forests best players last season...?

why would he drop to league 1 if that was the case..!!!

He played 18 games for Forest last season...I think that says enough. He was always behind Earnshaw, Blackstock, Adebola, Mcgoldrick, Mcgugan, Tyson in the pecking order.

Thought I had read somewhere that he had been injured for part of the season.

If not,then being behind the likes of McGoldrick etc does not bode well.

Garner was out for a while with injury last season, and by the time he'd recovered players like Tyson, Adebola and Earnshaw had hit form and cemented their first team places. When he did play, he was impressive and one of their best players according to my Forest supporting mate.

This is a "friend of a friend" rumour so might be BS but I thought I'd post it to see if any one else had heard the same. Saints are interested in Carlos Edwards (Ipswich) possibly season loan. Can't say I've ever noticed him before playing against us. As I said probably BS

This is a "friend of a friend" rumour so might be BS but I thought I'd post it to see if any one else had heard the same. Saints are interested in Carlos Edwards (Ipswich) possibly season loan. Can't say I've ever noticed him before playing against us. As I said probably BS

He played for Sunderland against us in the play-offs season. Brilliant game and he was one of the best players on the park. Would be a very good signing if he is still performing at anywhere near that level now.

He played for Sunderland against us in the play-offs season. Brilliant game and he was one of the best players on the park. Would be a very good signing if he is still performing at anywhere near that level now.

What position and style would you say he was? I know the name but can't say I remember a performance by him.

According to that reliable source wikipedia, Carlos Edwards is a right winger who is very adept as a right back also. Would be a good fit then.

Whenever I see his name I can't help but think he is a motorbike racer for some reason.