The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

I trust Pardew's judgement. I really think we could do with another CB to fill in for Jaidi. I don't rate Seaborne at all.

Do you not trust Pardew's judgement in bringing Seaborne to the club,and now in selecting him ?

Do you not trust Pardew's judgement in bringing Seaborne to the club,and now in selecting him ?

Everyone makes mistakes. I hope Seaborne can prove me wrong but personally, I think despite Pardew having a very good record in the transfer market thus far, Seaborne is a duff one. Hope he comes good though but I would prefer to buy someone I know CDAJ than someone that I hope can.

Watched a couple of Man City games he played in, and he never struck me as being particularly promising. Got caught out a lot and was a passenger in defence. Tbf though, he was thrown in at the deep end and City fans seem to rate him as a prospect. However, I would still prefer to see us using Martin in particular more often rather than loaning in a Premiership primadonna, who will probably be on massive wages and may not actually be better than what we already have.

This is the exact argument I was putting forward when you were talking about us signing Darius Vassell Mikey! I personally think that Boyate did OK against Manchester United when he played in the Carling Cup semi finals. Mancini must have seen something in him when he arrived at Manchester City to put him straight in to the team against such high quality opposition! He didn't get much of a look in under Mark Hughes as faras I'm aware!

His wages won't be huge, he's only a youngster and a back-up.

Even if the wages were a problem - I don't think Man City would make us pay all 100% of them - it could be split 50/50 or something like that.

I reckon there is a chance that Man City would be willing to loan us Boyate with them covering 100% of his wages! He would get 1st team experience, and it's not like they are skint is it!

This is the exact argument I was putting forward when you were talking about us signing Darius Vassell Mikey! I personally think that Boyate did OK against Manchester United when he played in the Carling Cup semi finals. Mancini must have seen something in him when he arrived at Manchester City to put him straight in to the team against such high quality opposition! He didn't get much of a look in under Mark Hughes as faras I'm aware!

"Oh, don't start that one again!" ;)

2003_the_jungle_book_2_011.jpg

On football-rumours.co.uk:

15 Jul 2010 22:55:54

Any Southampton rumours editor? {editor's note – only thing I have heard is the Schneiderlein to a Prem team. Well there have been a number of enquiries, so I have heard, Bolton being one of the teams that have shown firm interest.}

16 Jul 2010 09:22:16

Southampton are also apparently keen on signing former Wycombe keeper Scott Shearer on a one year contract, proably as back–up to Kelvin Davis. Shearer is a free agent after being released by Wycombe on July 1st 2010.

Spotted this in a piece about recent triallist Harlee Dean on Football Rumours site. If true, suggests no more Bart but would offer reasonable back-up to KD.

Spotted this in a piece about recent triallist Harlee Dean on Football Rumours site. If true' date=' suggests no more Bart but would offer reasonable back-up to KD.[/quote']

Much better back up than Forecast anyway.

How about Marlon Harewood, has got pace and is as strong as an ox, as i can see at the moment he is without a club, would it be worth a shout, only 30?
I thought he impressed at Newcastle, so why would he drop down another division? No chance.

have you seen either player much? Why was Shearer released?

Not seen either overly much but i know that Scott Shearer used to be fairly highly rated and he was released by Wycombe for being one of their higher earners i think.

I saw Forecast in a couple of friendlies and he looked very suspect. 0 First team appearances in 2 seasons says something too.

Interesting rumour on 606 claiming info from a Palarse fan that Danny Butterfield is on a plane to Zurich to talk about a move.

Butterfield is a RB aged about 30 and out of contract so presumably could sign on a free. Has been a good player and would be good competition at RB.

However, if this is true (no idea) and he is being rushed to Switzerland then perhaps all is not well with Richardson (our only RB) as per rumours and a replacement is urgently needed...

Interesting rumour on 606 claiming info from a Palarse fan that Danny Butterfield is on a plane to Zurich to talk about a move.

Butterfield is a RB aged about 30 and out of contract so presumably could sign on a free. Has been a good player and would be good competition at RB.

However, if this is true (no idea) and he is being rushed to Switzerland then perhaps all is not well with Richardson (our only RB) as per rumours and a replacement is urgently needed...

Or we want competition for places and as he is available on a free theres no reason why not!

Or we want competition for places and as he is available on a free theres no reason why not!

Isn't Butterfield a utility-type player? I know he's primarily a right back but if signed, he could provide cover for a few positions!

Still think we should go for Simon Francis if Richardson is crocked long-term, or try for the Man City's Logan on loan with view to a permanent deal next summer?

I completely agree with the fact that we need competition for places! Certain players, though good, have no real competition for their place at the moment (i.e. Schneiderlin, Hammond, Lallana and Puncheon).

Frazer Richardson is another player that has no real competition for his place (I know that he has only just signed, but we don't have another recognised right back in the squad!). Danny Butterfield (or maybe Simon Francis) would provide some competition for Frazer Richadrson for the right back slot which IMO can only be a good thing! We have 2 quality left backs now in Dan Harding and Ryan Dickson who will compete for the left back slot this season.

As Jose Mourinho once said, you need 2 quality players for each position to be successful! Enough said!

I completely agree with the fact that we need competition for places! Certain players, though good, have no real competition for their place at the moment (i.e. Schneiderlin, Hammond, Lallana and Puncheon).

Frazer Richardson is another player that has no real competition for his place (I know that he has only just signed, but we don't have another recognised right back in the squad!). Danny Butterfield (or maybe Simon Francis) would provide some competition for Frazer Richadrson for the right back slot which IMO can only be a good thing! We have 2 quality left backs now in Dan Harding and Ryan Dickson who will compete for the left back slot this season.

As Jose Mourinho once said, you need 2 quality players for each position to be successful! Enough said!

enoughg said indeed, he looks liike a good buy, but like i said, be interesting to see what happens...nice to see people agreeing with me....i dont talk ****...

Spotted the followig about Shearer a couple of weeks back on NewsNow. I remember it as I nearly wet myself when I saw the headlines filter through the newsreel:

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1815701?UserKey=

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/shearer_training_with_saints_535654/index.shtml

Looks like it's a case of the rumur mill falling foul of Chinese whispers.

That would be a great signing. Cover for both wings but primarily right footed, and young as well.

Fairly unlikely to happen at the moment I would have thought as he has been included in the England u-19 squad to play in the Euro Championships in France. England's first game is tomorrow v Austria (coverage on Eurosport).

That said, would def be worth looking at.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

"Southampton are keen on signing Wycombe and England U19 winger Matthew Phillips. Scout Stuart Murdoch and Executive Director Les Reed will attend todays game at Hayes and Yeading to watch the player."

Well they're gonna be pretty disappointed if & when they get there because he ain't playing!

or its just a rubbish rumour!

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

"Southampton are keen on signing Wycombe and England U19 winger Matthew Phillips. Scout Stuart Murdoch and Executive Director Les Reed will attend todays game at Hayes and Yeading to watch the player."

These three things suggest it is ********...;)

1) Murdoch is in Switzerland.

2) Phillips is with England under 19's preparing for the under 19 European Championships and thus not in the Wycombe squad for today's game.

3) football-rumours.co.uk can have anyone in the world submit a rumour without any checks.

These three things suggest it is ********...;)

1) Murdoch is in Switzerland.

2) Phillips is with England under 19's preparing for the under 19 European Championships and thus not in the Wycombe squad for today's game.

3) football-rumours.co.uk can have anyone in the world submit a rumour without any checks.

I thought this too, but he is listed in the starting line up on their OS

According to the BBC rumour page - The Mirror has a rumour that Harewood is going to join David O'Leary at Al Ahli. Given the history of what they pay, I would suggest that everyone else is now priced out of picking him up - unless Manc City want him!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8832665.stm (last one in transfer gossip section - link didn't work for me)

Gaël Kakuta is apparently a target, we're trying to get him on loan from Chelski
blimey. I was just about to suggest Gael Nlundulu (again) as the skates look likely to pay his contract up so they can get a senior pro in, but your Gael blows mine out the water. Mine is perhaps more realistic though and from what I understand a very good prospect. With the pay off money in his pocket perhaps he would consider a much lower offer from us and maybe we can afford to give him the time to devlop that the skates can't. Whether he is good enugh is another matter. Anyone seen the skates reserves?

Source?

bizarrely, an ITK huddersfield fan.

The guy is usually pretty spot on with info though, as i've been having a look at their forums over the summer as i think they'll be quite close to us...

''

Re: Future crop of English players (England u19's)

« Result #3 Yesterday at 8:26pm »quote.png Worringly, Southampton are trying to get Kakuta on loan. The guy is class

''

Kakuta would be perfect, but I'd imagine he'd be loaned to another prem club or CCC at lowest. He's not that far from the chelsea bench really, although no doubt Ancelotti will be forced to play Benyaoun now instead.

It would make sense though, with the Wilkins connections and our need for a Papa/Antonio replacement. He's kind of similar but left footed i think.

Not only is one of Kakuta one of my 1st port of call's for Saints on FM - He's actually a hell of a player in real life too!

Midfield playmaker, who (as stated) is pretty close to the Chelsea 1st team.

(Must be VERY close to it now Ballack, Deco & Cole have left)

I'd be amazed (but over the moon) if this was true.

bizarrely, an ITK huddersfield fan.

The guy is usually pretty spot on with info though, as i've been having a look at their forums over the summer as i think they'll be quite close to us...

''

Re: Future crop of English players (England u19's)

« Result #3 Yesterday at 8:26pm »quote.png Worringly, Southampton are trying to get Kakuta on loan. The guy is class

''

You got a link to this forum? Thanks.