The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Gaël Kakuta is apparently a target, we're trying to get him on loan from Chelski

I would go berserk if this happens.

Well, maybe not but he would blow League One apart. Yeah, I probably would go berserk actually.

Yeah he is' date=' he played, albeit briefly, for the first team in the Premier League, Champions League and League cup last season.[/quote']

never gonna happen then. At worst he would go to a Championship outfit.

Also some Strikers which are currently free agents.

Akinbiyi

Akinfenwa

Jeremie Aliadiere

Febian Brandy

Deon Burton

Marlon Harewood

Francis Jeffers (I know he's on trial with Blackpool)

Steve Kabba

Chris Killen

Jonathon Macken

Benjani

Erik Nevland

Jamie Scowcroft

Ricardo Vas Tae

Darius Vassell

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (would join peoples conspiracies about shirt names)

Obviously some of these probably wouldn't even think about joining a league one side, and others which aren't good enough for us. But backup to Rickie might be vital, even if it's just a battering ram up front to hold the ball up. Look at Dele Adebola at Forest!

I'd still like to see us bring Vokes or Juktiewitz in on loan - as local lads they would give that bit extra!

I have a feeling we will see 2 or 3 bright young players join us on loan from Chelsea or Arsenal just before the season starts. I can see Jacob Mellis coming back on loan from Chelsea for a start and maybe players like Simpson or Eastmond from Arsenal joining him as well.

There's still a chance Waigo and Antonio will be back as well!

But Jay Emmanuel Thomas is a centre back so how would he be back up lambert?

Jay Aston Emmanuel-Thomas (born 27 December 1990) is an English professional footballer who plays for Arsenal. He is a versatile forward, who can also play as a left back, winger or centre-forward.

Jay Aston Emmanuel-Thomas (born 27 December 1990) is an English professional footballer who plays for Arsenal. He is a versatile forward, who can also play as a left back, winger or centre-forward.

...and central midfield by all accounts. Good player, but he'd be loaned out to championship clubs, if anywhere.

Kakuta would be an amazing loan, he'd tear this league apart. However, as people have said, he's absurdly close to the first team at Chelski, so it would be a risk for him to go out on loan although it would be fantastic if he came here. Solves our pace problem, and he can play striker too.

An option for CM - Dean Parrett (18 years old) of Spurs (their don't have a reserve team, so their younger players have to be loaned out to other clubs to get 1st team experience!). Plays in central midfield and he takes a wicked free kick apparently!

He is currently on duty with the England U19s so we could scout him at the same time as scouting Matthew Phillips (19 years old) of Wycombe Wanderers!

Gael Kakuta would be a quality loan signing too!

An option for CM - Dean Parrett (18 years old) of Spurs (their don't have a reserve team, so their younger players have to be loaned out to other clubs to get 1st team experience!). Plays in central midfield and he takes a wicked free kick apparently!

He is currently on duty with the England U19s so we could scout him at the same time as scouting Matthew Phillips (19 years old) of Wycombe Wanderers!

Parrett would be a great loan signing as well, very promising and would be good in rotation for midfield with Schneiderlin, Hammond and A.N.OTHER!

Bostock ? Is he still at Spurs ?

yeh - he went on loan to Brentford last season and didn't really do much and was left on their bench.

A pretty good example of a player seeing the bright lights of a big london club way too early.

I wonder if Pilchards has realised his mistake yet? :D

I knew who you was talking about as i'm on that Huddersfield forum everyday Matty.

I can honestly say my knowledge of top class footy is very good indeed as I'm an addict.

But I will say that hand on heart of all the Saints signings that AP has done I have not heard of any of them until we had signed them.

F A C T.

Shocking or what?

I knew who you was talking about as i'm on that Huddersfield forum everyday Matty.

I can honestly say my knowledge of top class footy is very good indeed as I'm an addict.

But I will say that hand on heart of all the Saints signings that AP has done I have not heard of any of them until we had signed them.

F A C T.

Shocking or what?

It is shocking because those two statements conflict with each other. How had you not heard of Radhi Jaidi or David Connolly for example?

Why did you say that me adding Carsley and Howard's ages together to 70, would make Carsley 43? That would suggest you thought I meant that Howard was 27 and thus a different Howard to 34 year old Steve Howard.

It is shocking because those two statements conflict with each other. How had you not heard of Radhi Jaidi or David Connolly for example?

Why did you say that me adding Carsley and Howard's ages together to 70, would make Carsley 43? That would suggest you thought I meant that Howard was 27 and thus a different Howard to 34 year old Steve Howard.

Yawn

you really are a bit of a bore! ;)

I thought the ex Luton player was only 27, its amazing how quick people age. He has always been a player I wanted to play for Saints after he bullied us playing for Derby.

As for Connolly, yes you got me on that one as I had heard of him but I often got him confused with the Irish striker that broke the goal scoring record a few years back, name escapes me at the moment as i'm too tired.

I thought Bostock was deemed to have done quite well at Brentford - he scored a couple on his debut IIRC? We could do worse on loan, good cover for CM/ST if nothing.
I think when he went back there were comments made about his attitude. Having said that I think he started well before they played him out of position out wide and he struggled. Edited by Chez

I thought the ex Luton player was only 27, its amazing how quick people age. He has always been a player I wanted to play for Saints after he bullied us playing for Derby.

As for Connolly, yes you got me on that one as I had heard of him but I often got him confused with the Irish striker that broke the goal scoring record a few years back, name escapes me at the moment as i'm too tired.

Heally?