The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Why don´t use a fax machine and save alot of time? 3 weeks still looks to long time - on final day of the transferwindow deals are done on one day without any problems.

Come on guys like I was being serious.

Yes transfers do drag out.

Sorry, but that's a complete load of bullplop. 2 days to sort out a shirt with his name on the back? Behave. That's a 5 minute job, tops. Also I doubt there are cheques for millions of pounds floating around in the postal system. I doubt the royal Mail is used at all, or cheques. It's probably all done with emails, faxes and online bank transfers. IF there is indeed a transfer in the pipeline taking 3 weeks, there must be some deliberation over the fee or wages.

633738699671977910-Sarcasm.jpg

Interestingly they splashed out over a million for Billy Sharp today. Not sure they have that much spare cash knocking around so maybe they're sensing some imminently incoming funds?

Any idea whether any of these deals are imminent? Sorry for all the questions but my impatience is getting the better of me!

I seriously doubt that Doncaster have a spare £1m to spend on 1 player, so the idea that there is an imminent deal to bring Stock to SMS is very creditable! Simon Gillett is being eyed up by Doncaster (most likely as a replacement for Stock!), and he did spend some of last season on loan to Doncaster. I reckon this deal could be sewn up before Saints leave for Switzerland on Thursday!

Oh, and Frazer Richardson is a top signing! Top work AP!

I seriously doubt that Doncaster have a spare £1m to spend on 1 player, so the idea that there is an imminent deal to bring Stock to SMS is very creditable! Simon Gillett is being eyed up by Doncaster (most likely as a replacement for Stock!), and he did spend some of last season on loan to Doncaster. I reckon this deal could be sewn up before Saints leave for Switzerland on Thursday!

Oh, and Frazer Richardson is a top signing! Top work AP!

Well if you look on Donny's OS, there is an interview from Stock on there and he is looking forward to a tough season in he Championship. Also there is nothing on there about the announcement of Sharp.

As much as I would love to see Stock in a Sash, it won't happen IMO

OK, the mental 606 massive are hinting at Matt Derbyshire. That'd be unlikely but a very big signing and could both cover and compliment Lambert. Can't quite see it myself but have to say if we did sign him (really unlikely) you'd have to feel sorry for the rest of league 1......

OK, the mental 606 massive are hinting at Matt Derbyshire. That'd be unlikely but a very big signing and could both cover and compliment Lambert. Can't quite see it myself but have to say if we did sign him (really unlikely) you'd have to feel sorry for the rest of league 1......

I thought he was a big hit at Olympiakos? Why would they let him leave and why would he want to join us?

Has anyone suggested Michael Tonge of Sheffeild Utd? only ever really played in championship, is a solid player looking for first team football and at 27 years old could have at least 3 years security at the club as we climb through the leagues.

Has been at Stoke for 2 years in the prem and played one season with Sheff Utd in the prem. Would more likely go back to sheffield than drop two leagues.

He's left???

But he's a really good young player, why the hell would they let him go for free? If true, some team will pick up a brilliant value signing.

Its explained on the BBC Transfer Gossip page. Something to do with a mix up when offering him a new contract I believe.

All to do with an admin error apparently. They failed to submit a contract in writing and he has walked as a result for free.

He'll stay in the Premiership I think, probably to West Ham or even Chelsea!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Man Utd pick him up. Bit shocked that despite the mix up, he's decided to leave Everton where he was getting some first team football. Seems to indicate that he's had a big offer from elsewhere i.e. Man Utd, Chelsea or even Arsenal.

Well finally we have got going with a signing. I would say a solid signing rather than spectacular thats for sure.

Liam Rosenior would of been a great pick up or if we were really making a statement Nathanial Clyne, however Richardson will do for League 1 although will certainly not be good enough for the Championship which is my only reservation.

Now i know we are all in the same way of thinking ie we trust Pards and there is plenty of time left etc. However the best teams always get their business done early and as yet this has not happened.

There are still worrying holes for the following positions

Right Back

Centre Half

Holding Midfield

Centre Mid

Right Mid

Striker

Personally and i may be alone in thinking this but i was dissapointed in re-signing Connelly. He is 33 years old, injury prone and has very little pace. He is also very similar to Barnard, admittedly he can be class however the really worrying thing about this team, as of all Saints teams in the last 10 years is the complete lack of pace.

I really feel we should of been aiming for an aggressive quick striker like McClean from Peterborough, or a speedster like Jackson. Unfortunately now we will probabaly just get another battering ram type striker to cover for Lambert and this will again leave us lacking pace.

The worrying thing is that we have lost Papa and Antonio who gave us genuine pace and unpredictablity. We will not win this league with the team we currently have.

From the back, we need another right back, someone with pace to challenge Richardson.

Centre half is still a concern as to who will partner Fonte, Jaidi will not play 46 games, at best 30, Seabourne doesn't look good enough and Martin is too inexperienced and could do with a short loan to gain experience.

In midfield is another grave concern. We need a defensive midfielder to give us some bite in midfield. Schneiderlin definitely got better but is still shy in the tackle and i think the World Cup has highlighted the importance of a holding midfielder. Elswhere we still need more competition in centre mid as Wotton is not good enough and we are looking at a 60 game season so we need to account for injuries.

All this with less than a month to go before the season starts, there is a lot to do...

On another point, it seems like the lines of communication are well and truly down again, its funny how the club doesn not seem to think it needs to communicate with the fans.

We are not expecting a list of targets or a declaration that we are going to spend millions. What would be nice however would be to be told that are excited about the up coming season and to expect some exciting arrivals.

Come on Saints, we love the new regime but lets not take a note from the Rupert Lowe school of PR..

Well finally we have got going with a signing. I would say a solid signing rather than spectacular thats for sure.

Liam Rosenior would of been a great pick up or if we were really making a statement Nathanial Clyne, however Richardson will do for League 1 although will certainly not be good enough for the Championship which is my only reservation.

Now i know we are all in the same way of thinking ie we trust Pards and there is plenty of time left etc. However the best teams always get their business done early and as yet this has not happened.

Right Back

Centre Half

Holding Midfield

Centre Mid

Right Mid

Striker

Personally and i may be alone in thinking this but i was dissapointed in re-signing Connelly. He is 33 years old, injury prone and has very little pace. He is also very similar to Barnard, admittedly he can be class however the really worrying thing about this team, as of all Saints teams in the last 10 years is the complete lack of pace.

I really feel we should of been aiming for an aggressive quick striker like McClean from Peterborough, or a speedster like Jackson. Unfortunately now we will probabaly just get another battering ram type striker to cover for Lambert and this will again leave us lacking pace.

The worrying thing is that we have lost Papa and Antonio who gave us genuine pace and unpredictablity. We will not win this league with the team we currently have.

From the back, we need another right back, someone with pace to challenge Richardson.

Centre half is still a concern as to who will partner Fonte, Jaidi will not play 46 games, at best 30, Seabourne doesn't look good enough and Martin is too inexperienced and could do with a short loan to gain experience.

In midfield is another grave concern. We need a defensive midfielder to give us some bite in midfield. Schneiderlin definitely got better but is still shy in the tackle and i think the World Cup has highlighted the importance of a holding midfielder. Elswhere we still need more competition in centre mid as Wotton is not good enough and we are looking at a 60 game season so we need to account for injuries.

All this with less than a month to go before the season starts, there is a lot to do...

On another point, it seems like the lines of communication are well and truly down again, its funny how the club doesn not seem to think it needs to communicate with the fans.

We are not expecting a list of targets or a declaration that we are going to spend millions. What would be nice however would be to be told that are excited about the up coming season and to expect some exciting arrivals.

Come on Saints, we love the new regime but lets not take a note from the Rupert Lowe school of PR..

Seriously?

Sorry Andy B - but yes i am serious, are you serious?? do you honestly think we will walk a league with a team which is weaker than last year, get real!!

The best football teams are the ones which recruit better players each summer and we are no different, its called progression!!!!!!

We want to get promoted but hopefully not have to build a completely different team for the Championship.

If people can't see the holes in the team you are very short sited.

I have read some of you lot saying that cus we signed a right back, that is the right back position sorted?????

sorry but we play a minimum 46 league games and are in 3 cup competitions, so that should be at least another 10 games. You think Richardson can play for 56 straight games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injuries, form and competition are all variables over the season and right now we dont have a balance

Appy - Sorry son but 2 league games where the season was over means nothing. They were essentially dead rubber games, so it was perfect to blood Martin. He is too inexperienced and to compare him to Fonte is crazy...

Too many years of mediocrity have obviously temprered your expectations, however we need more signings and soon.......

Seriously?

I think your analysis quite accurate. When you're discussing midfield I'm thinking a 4-5-1 formation. Having watched a bit of World Cup I'm quite clear that 4-4-2 is yesterday's tactics, and I'm clear in my mind what is my preference. However, none of the strikers we've got are cut out for playing in any kind of midfield role, nor in the "hole". Subsequently I don't think that another CM is very high on AP's agenda, at least not until next year when Wotton's contract runs out.

Sorry Andy B - but yes i am serious, are you serious?? do you honestly think we will walk a league with a team which is weaker than last year, get real!!

The best football teams are the ones which recruit better players each summer and we are no different, its called progression!!!!!!

Sorry MerceSaint but I have to question you. The majority don't think we're going to walk the league & our team is no weaker than last year - but the squad is. We've retained so far 10 out of the 11 starters in last seasons strongest team & added Richardson in the one spot that we lost - arguably this team is stronger.

The squad does need filling but all in good time.

You say the best teams get their signing sorted early - ok

Man Utd - signed Hernandez who I would suggest will be on the bench at best this season with limited starts

Arsenal - hmmm have they signed anyone yet?

Spurs - ditto

Chelsea - Signed Benayoun - wow world beating signing

Really only Man City have made any major signings so far & thats because they've waived their cash around - £220k per week wages for Yaya Toure - really? Yes we have cash but this club is now run properly & not on the Man City model.

In short, chill, enjoy the rest of the world cup and be concerned if at the end of the month we still have not made anymore signings.

We want to get promoted but hopefully not have to build a completely different team for the Championship.

If people can't see the holes in the team you are very short sited.

I have read some of you lot saying that cus we signed a right back, that is the right back position sorted?????

sorry but we play a minimum 46 league games and are in 3 cup competitions, so that should be at least another 10 games. You think Richardson can play for 56 straight games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injuries, form and competition are all variables over the season and right now we dont have a balance

Appy - Sorry son but 2 league games where the season was over means nothing. They were essentially dead rubber games, so it was perfect to blood Martin. He is too inexperienced and to compare him to Fonte is crazy...

Too many years of mediocrity have obviously temprered your expectations, however we need more signings and soon.......

Sorry `Son` but were you at both of the games? Who would i compare him to then? Fonte had a terrible game and Martin looked assured, too many years of poor defenders have clouded your judgement i think.

People are also forgetting Dickson here - people remember the set-up of Taylor's equaliser at SMS but at Griffin Park he gave Semi twisted blood in the second half as Brentford swamped us. The lad has pace. Puncheon is not a slouch either.

I do agree that we need another quick front or wide player, Adomah was rumoured to be an AP target but NPC and working for Coppell is a strong pull. I still think that we will sign such a player along with another CM and perhaps a RB/Right-sided CB as cover.

Martin looked very assured in the 2 games i saw him play, Had to try and keep Fonte in check at Gillingham.

personally I thought he looked very average against Gilingham and not at all assured. This was not helped by a very poor display from an ill Fonte, and of course the fact it was his debut. I thought he looked slow and not really nasty enough (despite his size), and in particular he looked poor in posession. As I said it was his debut so I'm not going to judge him on that display, but then again it might be equally folly to judge his ability to play all season should Jadhi be injured. Pardew will know if he is ready, although many have questioned one of his other centre back signings - Seabourne.

I do agree that we need another quick front or wide player, Adomah was rumoured to be an AP target but NPC and working for Coppell is a strong pull. I still think that we will sign such a player along with another CM and perhaps a RB/Right-sided CB as cover.

I agree. I think the need for pace out wide is a must. Antonio changed games with his pace and raw power. As good as Puncheon is, he is a ball player that likes it at his feet and will go inside all day long. He doesn't have pace to run past a player like Antonio showed. Waigo, with his pace also changed games on occasions when he was brought on. The Barnard/Connelly substitution is very like for like, having another Waigo to alter the type of attack from the bench could be useful next season.

Sorry Appy, you are judging a kid on 2 end of season games against average teams. If you went to Millwall away and saw how good Fonte was, you would realise how ridicoulous it is to compare a player like Fonte to Martin.

Fonte was a huge signing and i will go on record as saying the best centre half we have had since we signed Michael Svensson. He could definitely play at the top level. Martin needs some games, i think a 3 month loan to someone like Bournemouth would be good for him.

Yes thanks, you have some decent points however my "Serious" comment was regarding the hilarity of your need to have this sorted straight away not the fact I think our team\squad is the complete package.

I don't think we'll walk the league, I think we can win the league. I also think our first team is as strong if not stronger than last season with our 2 acquisitions thus far. I would also add that I think by the end of last season we were the best team in the division "based on the fact we beat all the contenders, Millwall apart". Out of all the people that have been released how many were starting pray tell? Anontio sometimes, Papa rarely and others please do fill me in?

There are of course areas we need to improve on and I’m pretty confident that will be achieved. The right back position is not SORTED, it is however now less urgent.

People all over this board have proven that all this crap about everyone else signing loads of players is in fact crap and very few teams are signing many players and those that are, are signing players that probably wouldn't interest us.

So sorry but you really need to chill out, enjoy the sun and let the people that get paid to sort out our team sort it out. Safe in the knowledge that if the league started tomorrow then a) we would still have probably the best team in the division and b) the transfer window is open for quite period of time yet.....

Loose all the !!!!!!!! and ??????? and the “son” attitude, you sound like a right idiot that seems to be under the impression his opinion is more valid than anyone else’s. You sound like and angry man.

Right Back

Centre Half

Holding Midfield

Centre Mid

Right Mid

Striker

Agree completely on the need for pace in the squad. Dickson is supposed to be quick so he will add some, but I think we will mees the unpredictability that came from Antonio and Waigo and so will need to replace them. Alexd O-C might be able to step up and offer that at least in part.

I don't think we need to add to the centre backs - the four we have can do a good enough job. Unlike you I think Seabourne is good enough and will play his fair share of games.

I don't think there is room in the squad for two new centre mids. I think one new one is about right to take the pressure off Hammond and Schneiderlin having to plan in every game and also to give us the option to change our shape and have thre dedicated CMs on the pitch when required, without one being Wotton.

Don't agree on the lines of communication being down. Saying that there are exciting arrivals on the way is clearly not NC's style as we have learned over the last year, but that doesn't mean that nothing is happening. As fans we just have to sit tight and enjoy the rest of the sporting summer without expecting Saints to be drip feeding us with amazing news every day. It's like this every year.

Agree completely on the need for pace in the squad. Dickson is supposed to be quick so he will add some, but I think we will mees the unpredictability that came from Antonio and Waigo and so will need to replace them. Alexd O-C might be able to step up and offer that at least in part.

I don't think we need to add to the centre backs - the four we have can do a good enough job. Unlike you I think Seabourne is good enough and will play his fair share of games.

I don't think there is room in the squad for two new centre mids. I think one new one is about right to take the pressure off Hammond and Schneiderlin having to plan in every game and also to give us the option to change our shape and have thre dedicated CMs on the pitch when required, without one being Wotton.

Don't agree on the lines of communication being down. Saying that there are exciting arrivals on the way is clearly not NC's style as we have learned over the last year, but that doesn't mean that nothing is happening. As fans we just have to sit tight and enjoy the rest of the sporting summer without expecting Saints to be drip feeding us with amazing news every day. It's like this every year.

Totally agree with this post.

I was introduced to the Northern scout of Reading FC this morning who was asking my view of Antonio. We got chatting & he said that Reading think they will use him this year. Initially off the bench, but that they think he is & i quote "A powerful player to bring off the bench".

He went onto say that Reading quoted £1m to Saints, but would sell if we would get to £500k.

For the record.....I cant prove this to be true & I dont have evidence that he is indeed working with Reading. In fairness he seemed clued up on Reading & AP having recommended players in the past to him.

Just thought I would share.

I was introduced to the Northern scout of Reading FC this morning who was asking my view of Antonio. We got chatting & he said that Reading think they will use him this year. Initially off the bench, but that they think he is & i quote "A powerful player to bring off the bench".

He went onto say that Reading quoted £1m to Saints, but would sell if we would get to £500k.

For the record.....I cant prove this to be true & I dont have evidence that he is indeed working with Reading. In fairness he seemed clued up on Reading & AP having recommended players in the past to him.

Just thought I would share.

Interesting - if he is a spokesman for the Club. I'd definitely give half a million for Antonio, and probably even 1M, but then it's not MY money I'm offering.

Might be worth e-mailing the Club with this conversation?