Reading friendly at St Mary's - 31st July 2010

Matthew Le God

Would be nice of the club to let us know about Season tickets!

It is going to be a surprise. For those season ticket holders who have maintained a season ticket throughout the St Mary's years the new season ticket price will be £125!

We never did get that loyalty bonus they talked about a couple of seasons ago.

It is going to be a surprise. For those season ticket holders who have maintained a season ticket throughout the St Mary's years the new season ticket price will be £125!

We never did get that loyalty bonus they talked about a couple of seasons ago.

FACT?

Last year the first game in L1 was on the 8th August, so if this year's is the equivalent weekend it would be the 7th: ie the following Saturday in which case it would be the TBT I'd assume. But did they start earlier last year due to the World Cup - dunno?

Last year the first game in L1 was on the 8th August, so if this year's is the equivalent weekend it would be the 7th: ie the following Saturday in which case it would be the TBT I'd assume. But did they start earlier last year due to the World Cup - dunno?

Last season we had Ajax at home as the Bates Trophy, then Hearts at home the following week.

what's the desperation to get season ticket prices?

What difference does it make. We all know the season doesn't start till August, and we all know you'll gonna neeed between £125 and £400 to buy one. Chill.

What difference does it make. We all know the season doesn't start till August, and we all know you'll gonna neeed between £125 and £400 to buy one. Chill.

You chill mongtard.

You might not need to know but some other people prefer to have the tickets paid off in March/April time for whatever reason.

I asked this same question and was informed that the answer is that some people spend whatever they have over the summer and are incapable of putting aside the money they would otherwise have spent by now on the ST. They all seem a bit obsessed by the notion that it is impossible to retain deposits in a bank account over the Christmas period too.

Strange eh?

I asked this same question and was informed that the answer is that some people spend whatever they have over the summer and are incapable of putting aside the money they would otherwise have spent by now on the ST. They all seem a bit obsessed by the notion that it is impossible to retain deposits in a bank account over the Christmas period too.

Strange eh?

Yeah. If they can't manage a bank account perhaps they should get a piggy bank, or ask their carer or guardian to manage their money..

Yeah. If they can't manage a bank account perhaps they should get a piggy bank, or ask their carer or guardian to manage their money..

Oh how I wish I was like you.

You stuck up ignorant bint.

Can you not get it through your head than £400 is alot of money to some people? ( not me I might add, but I live in the real world an know it is to alot of people )

Anyway, you're a woman, you shouldn't even be at football.

Can you not get it through your head than £400 is alot of money to some people? ( not me I might add, but I live in the real world an know it is to alot of people )

Of course everyone knows that.

What they don't know is why you can't simply put the money you would have spent on the ST under the previous schedule to one side and spend it on your ST once the new schedule is released?

Stooey, with your views, on women, football hooliganism and the like do you ever feel you were born 4 decades after your time?

btw, how's you incontinence problem? You haven't posted about it on here for a while so assumed you have sorted it now?

Strange eh?

No, not really. There are a fair few variables - how much will they be? How long will the "cheaper" renewals be on sale? What payment plans, if any, will be available? The longer the club take to announce things the less flexibility they have to give early bird type deals and renewals, and will end up having to lump a lot together.

You can dish it out but can't take it Stu.

Of course everyone knows that.

What they don't know is why you can't simply put the money you would have spent on the ST under the previous schedule to one side and spend it on your ST once the new schedule is released?

Because some people ( including me I might add ), pay by installments ( it's the most economic way after all ) ...

The difference between having the first installment in March/April and the first one in June means that people are paying for their season ticket up to Xmas... when people could do with the money for other things.

Stooey, with your views, on women, football hooliganism and the like do you ever feel you were born 4 decades after your time?

btw, how's you incontinence problem? You haven't posted about it on here for a while so assumed you have sorted it now?

I haven't wet myself for a while.

No, not really. There are a fair few variables - how much will they be? How long will the "cheaper" renewals be on sale? What payment plans, if any, will be available? The longer the club take to announce things the less flexibility they have to give early bird type deals and renewals, and will end up having to lump a lot together.

Yes, I appreciate that if the club doesn't offer a felixible payment plan that will affect lots of people but I don't see anything to suggest they will shorten the payment period, it may just slip back through the calendar a bit. Of course if the price goes up alot or flexibility around payment is lost then it will be a barrier to some people.

Those aren't the reasons I was given when I asked the question before though. The reason I was given was "I'll spend it on something else"! :)

Because some people ( including me I might add ), pay by installments ( it's the most economic way after all ) ...

The difference between having the first installment in March/April and the first one in June means that people are paying for their season ticket up to Xmas... when people could do with the money for other things.

Hence my point around managing your finances. Nevermind.

Yes, I appreciate that if the club doesn't offer a felixible payment plan that will affect lots of people but I don't see anything to suggest they will shorten the payment period, it may just slip back through the calendar a bit. Of course if the price goes up alot or flexibility around payment is lost then it will be a barrier to some people.

Those aren't the reasons I was given when I asked the question before though. The reason I was given was "I'll spend it on something else"! :)

... See:

I haven't wet myself for a while.

Good work! I did think it odd at the time that a bloke in his 30s was still wetting the bed (and acknowledging the fact on a football message board) but I guess things do happen a bit later than the norm in Romsey.

Still, good news that you've sorted it now.

It is going to be £400 out of your account either way. It is not hard to manage you finances to keep this expenditure in mind, be it in one lump sum or installments over the next 6 months.

Hence my point around managing your finances. Nevermind.

You don't get it.

Alot of people pay by installments... ( I think it's alot more than half )

By starting them in March, they are paid off well in advance of Xmas.

By starting the payments in June people are still paying for their season tickets at Xmas.

What part of that is hard to grasp why people might want season tickets on sale in March / April instead of June?

Good work! I did think it odd at the time that a bloke in his 30s was still wetting the bed (and acknowledging the fact on a football message board) but I guess things do happen a bit later than the norm in Romsey.

Still, good news that you've sorted it now.

I don't wet the bed because I have a urostomy bag you p1ss-taking ( no pun intended ) c*nt!!!!

You don't get it.

By starting the payments in June people are still paying for their season tickets at Xmas.

What part of that is hard to grasp why people might want season tickets on sale in March / April instead of June?

why not start your own installment plan (i.e. saving) in March when you would have hoped the ST prices would have been anounced? By now you would have had £180 in the bank ready for the actual release and would be 1/2 way there?

You don't get it.

Because it makes no difference if they had been putting the money aside every month since March/April then they would have enough to cover the repayments and Christmas. It's not exactly rocket science, you could even open a special savings account and label it Season Ticket in your online banking system to make sure you don't forget why you have a few hundred pounds saved up.

You don't get it.

Er... start putting the installment money away in March each month as you have done every year till now... not really that hard to grasp is it? Its called saving for something you want.... most of us have families,kids, mortgages so hve to make sacrfices on several fronts if you want your ST...