Freddy Adu update

Master Bates

His agent "has not ruled out the possibility of a move at some stage", which is the equivalent of him saying

"well, they employ professional footballers".

What it is not is any kind of endorsement or suggestion that any kind of deal or negotiations have taken place, just a statement of fact.

There is literally no "news" in that article. Just a vague quote from an agent that Adu would consider a move to England at some point - not even answering the question posed to him! From which the reporter manages to create a 567 word article and then gets it published.

A genuine well done to them for actually contacting the agent, but with a quote that means little like that they shouldn't have run a story.

There is literally no "news" in that article. Just a vague quote from an agent that Adu would consider a move to England at some point - not even answering the question posed to him! From which the reporter manages to create a 567 word article and then gets it published.

A genuine well done to them for actually contacting the agent, but with a quote that means little like that they shouldn't have run a story.

Yep, all sounds very uncommittal and therefore I would be very surprised if Adu came to Saints. Still, in the football world anything can happen!

You counted the words in the article?

The online version is normally much shorter than that printed.

he looked great on youtube ;)

but agree - one of the most frustrating signings we've ever made. Can't remember a good game he had.

He took a good corner, and scored a blinder against Yeovil @ St Mary's. That's all I remember though!

I remember the Delgado video that got played at half time the day we signed him, blimey he looked like Pele.

Talking of class, the only person that looked better than any video edits was MLT, to watch him for 90 minutes alone was awesome.

I remember the Delgado video that got played at half time the day we signed him, blimey he looked like Pele..

I'm sure Pele would have had some of the language difficulties too.

Delgado has scored in the World Cup Finals twice since he left Saints, and won the Copa Libertadores with Univerisitaria de Quito (though he didn't play in the final in 2008 ). So he's doing alright, really...

Edited by The9

I remember the Delgado video that got played at half time the day we signed him, blimey he looked like Pele.

Talking of class, the only person that looked better than any video edits was MLT, to watch him for 90 minutes alone was awesome.

Youtube can make anyone look like Pele...

Look! - somebody made a Lee Molyneux motivational:

And a Ryan Smith one:

Shameful [-(

LOL at this one:

- :smt042

I can remember many good games he had. He just wasn't as good as the people that for some reason thought he'd be world class, thought he'd be.

He was still a very good CCC player and when played in position at left wing, was a key part of the playoff team. If he'd stayed in position and had more time to settle perhaps he'd have done even better.

Playing a "goalscoring" left winger at left back was ridiculous - on top of that, Surman got the same treatment. Not quite sure what was going on there...

playing rudi LB was utterly laughable

before anyone says it..NO, he was not a LB..he played their as a stop gap once or twice for marseille (or where ever it he was)

our LB position was a joke for 2 seasons.

Skacel first and then Surman. Both attacking midfield players ffs! mental waste of ability sticking them there.