Damned Puncheon

capitalsaint

Agreed, it would just be a shame if he went on to become a consistently good Prem player. A bit like Redknapp, good for everyone except us.

Even in his spell at Blackpool he "went off" after 6 weeks, he's basically been the same everywhere, excellent when he tries and gash when he doesn't, and after 2 months the novelty has worn off. But if there's a way to motivate him. it's telling him if he performs, he'll get a move.

Even if he does go on to be a consistently good Prem striker, I still wouldn't want him here. Good strikers are out there who would want and be excited to play for us, so this arrogant little gob****e can do-one.

It's a strange feeling I have about him.

It's frustrating that he does this for other teams and not us. I just don't understand it.

But, I really don't care if he comes back or not. Of course, ideally I would like him to return and be great for us. But I can't see that happening. Probably best for everyone if he annoys Blackpool fans now.

It's a strange feeling I have about him.

It's frustrating that he does this for other teams and not us. I just don't understand it.

But, I really don't care if he comes back or not. Of course, ideally I would like him to return and be great for us. But I can't see that happening. Probably best for everyone if he annoys Blackpool fans now.

Not sure about the other teams bit...not a lot of resistance from his former clubs when he's moved on.

Agree he wouldn't fit in here, team spirit seems brilliant and a pouting prima donna who thinks he's too good for us would only disrupt that...take the money!

Blackpool are still going to drop through the trap door IMO.

Hardly sticking your neck out there, last game away to Man U and in the bottom 3 as of now with the only team on the same points having 2 games left.

Basically if they don't get a result at Old Trafford they need to avoid getting thrashed and hope Birmingham lose heavily at least once.

He's just been substituted, Ormerod's on though... along with Beattie !

It says a lot that hearing our current player was starting left me cold, but hearing those two are coming on pleases me :)

Hmmm, might remember that comment if we finish bottom half next season

I'm not one for thinking we will definitely go up next season, but I really think we will be top half next season, for certain.

Hardly sticking your neck out there, last game away to Man U and in the bottom 3 as of now with the only team on the same points having 2 games left.

Basically if they don't get a result at Old Trafford they need to avoid getting thrashed and hope Birmingham lose heavily at least once.

Yes sorry, I have been having a a running argument going back to the turn of the year that Balckpool would go down, and I tend to get these things right. You do have to remember a certain team who are also going down this year went to Old Trafford when Man U had nothing to play for and got a 0-1 win to stay up. This IMO will not happen again though, but you can bet your life that Blackpool will attack like they have all season and give it a bloody good go.

Hmmm, might remember that comment if we finish bottom half next season

fantasy football continual signings wasn't needed last season despite popular opinion. don't think this squad would finish bottom half without a single addition.

shows why we need little addition to our squad - premiership starter would not be a starter here even if he fitted in

Not sure I'd agree with the first part of your statement, as although we are blessed with two quality wide players and he wouldn't get a look in, I'm not so sure that extends to the rest of the first team (and there's no point using Norwich as an example as i think the majority of the side that beat Portsmuff recently were signed after they were promoted to the Championship).

Just because we're blessed with two great players and a premiership player wouldn't get a look in, it doesn't automatically follow that we have equivalent quality elsehwere. I would be very surprised if we didn't see a number of additions over the summer, in much the same way that Norwich added to their promotion team.

Yes sorry, I have been having a a running argument going back to the turn of the year that Balckpool would go down, and I tend to get these things right. You do have to remember a certain team who are also going down this year went to Old Trafford when Man U had nothing to play for and got a 0-1 win to stay up. This IMO will not happen again though, but you can bet your life that Blackpool will attack like they have all season and give it a bloody good go.

Actually having just had a look at the table they're more likely to catch Wolves, a point ahead and 2 GD better off. And as it's Wolves v Blackburn, one of them will probably go if Blackpool get a point. West Ham and Wigan can mix it up a bit with wins tomorrow though. It's still not all that clear, other than Blackpool almost certainly needing a point.

Not sure I'd agree with the first part of your statement, as although we are blessed with two quality wide players and he wouldn't get a look in, I'm not so sure that extends to the rest of the first team (and there's no point using Norwich as an example as i think the majority of the side that beat Portsmuff recently were signed after they were promoted to the Championship).

Just because we're blessed with two great players and a premiership player wouldn't get a look in, it doesn't automatically follow that we have equivalent quality elsehwere. I would be very surprised if we didn't see a number of additions over the summer, in much the same way that Norwich added to their promotion team.

He would not be first choice over current wide players.

I think this squad should, and will be added to over the summer.

Norwich is an example of a side who came up, after us beating them, we have since strengthened, we had a better last 6 months in league 1 than they had etc - so feel we are less then 12 months behind them.

They added numbers, but in the main no big names or established CCC/prem stars. Many of their regulars from league one were used regularly this season.

Their biggest signing was a left sided midfielder, who I have seen play loads of times and is not as good as Lallana!

I think we will see a few signings of quality and maybe couple of younger squad players.

Many of their regulars from league one were used regularly this season.

Something like half of the 16 players who played more than 15 games for them this season were new in and although they didn't sign any big superstars (not that I think we are going to or should), they did obviously buy well and perhaps more importantly they slotted them in well.

I think we might need to do something similar as although we have a decent nucleus of players, if we're going to come close to emulating Norwich then I think we may have to be ruthless and augment the decent players with a fair few new signings.

Surely this thread has to be closed like because of this http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?27838-Puncheon-to-Newcastle

Seeing as this one ( http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30207-Last-one-out-please-turn-out-lights ) got closed as it has something to do with the "takeover saga" not sure how though.

I actually agree with you on this, not sure why all Skate Cheat discussions have to be piled into a thread which I'm about 150 pages from the end of and will never bother to start reading again.

£2 million for Puncheon would be nice.

Anything over a million would be ok, but I'd be quite happy to lower the fees a bit just to get rid of the egotistical, big-headed, self-loving phucker.

Punch, in my opinion, is Nigel's first major faux pas. Hopefully he willmgrow into a man motivator who can and will in time be able to get inside this sort of player's head.

Our loss, I say.

IMHO I'd actually say it was one of his strongest decisions, whereby he made it quite clear who was in charge and no one was bigger than the manager. I think there will always be some players who dont' respond to the arm around the shoulder approach and so you are left with no alternative but ship them out. And fair play to Cortese for backing his manager on tghe decision.

Punch, in my opinion, is Nigel's first major faux pas. Hopefully he willmgrow into a man motivator who can and will in time be able to get inside this sort of player's head.

Our loss, I say.

I thought Nigel dealt with the whole situation brilliantly to be honest. It's a team game, not an individual game - and that's all puncheon is, a talented yet somewhat troubled individual.

He'll be a journayman for the rest of his career, I can't see him ever settling anywhere for more than a year.

We are fortunate enough to be in a financial position that we can take this sort of stance with talented players who have bad attitudes.

Many clubs, including us for the majority of my life, have had to put up with it because what they offer on the pitch and not froze them out as we have with him.

Long may it continue.

So you think Puncheon is better than Chamberlain and Lallana? Because they are the reason Puncheon got upset, he knew he wouldn't be getting a game and would be on the bench in League One.

In which case fair play to punch, benched in l1 or starting in the prem. Which would you choose?

So you think Puncheon is better than Chamberlain and Lallana? Because they are the reason Puncheon got upset, he knew he wouldn't be getting a game and would be on the bench in League One.

People saying Adam and Alex are worth mega bucks yet others saying £750k would be acceptable for Punch is silly, if he hasn't proven himself by now then I give up. If Nigel had tamed him then we'd be saying he is also worth Sinnott more.

FAIL Big time.

Fwiw, I gave had afew tonight but stand by my opinion that Punch is a great player. It's only money and promises that have kept Adam and Oxo here thus far, Punch has arrived, like it or not, it's a fact.

People saying Adam and Alex are worth mega bucks yet others saying £750k would be acceptable for Punch is silly, if he hasn't proven himself by now then I give up. If Nigel had tamed him then we'd be saying he is also worth Sinnott more.

FAIL Big time.

Fwiw, I gave had afew tonight but stand by my opinion that Punch is a great player. It's only money and promises that have kept Adam and Oxo here thus far, Punch has arrived, like it or not, it's a fact.

He has proven he can play in the prem, so that to me says he is worth more than 500k-750k. We are in a good position to hold outfor more and i dont think we should settle for anything less than 1.5m

if puncheon is so good (other than short spells) why has he wracked up a fair few clubs in his short career..and with half of them not liking him that much..

saints, MK Dons and Plymouth that is

He has ability, I don't think anyone can doubt that. Hence why a number of clubs, including Saints, have taken a chance on him and tried to get the best out of him.

However, his poor attitude outweighs his ability and as soon as it's not going his way, it would appear he kicks up a fuss and sulks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Puncheon leave us for a Prem team in the summer on a permanent basis.

How long he'll settle for, wherever he ends up, is anyone's guess.

It's a great shame, because to have Lallana, Chamberlain and Puncheon as three wide players in the NPC would be quite something.

FAIL Big time.

I haven't passed comment on Puncheon's ability in this thread, apart from saying Lallana and Chamberlain are better than him. That doesn't mean I think he isn't a good player or not worth much. Puncheon has clearly shown he can do a job in the Premier League, but I believe Lallana and Chamberlain would do an even better job in the Premier League as they are better players.

He has proven he can play in the prem, so that to me says he is worth more than 500k-750k. We are in a good position to hold outfor more and i dont think we should settle for anything less than 1.5m

Definitely. Its £1.5M upwards, or Puncheon can spend the rest of his contract doing what he is idealy suited for at Staplewood, cleaning the bogs.