Puncheon to Newcastle?

marcsfc

Cordon's a west ham fan as well as mates with half the footballing fraternity- wouldn't be surprised if he fishes in the same narrow london pool that mssrs ashley and pardew hooked up in.

Reckon its true - fatboy is a minor celeb - has no additional incentive to attention-seek by breaking news that at any rate is unlikely to cause many ripples.

Thing is... He will probably go there and be bloody brilliant.

Quite likely. But how long should we try to hold on to him in the hope he "gets his head right", "gets on the bus" and does it for us, all the time with the risk of him disrupting the squad ?

Sometimes in life you just have to cut your losses.

Quite likely. But how long should we try to hold on to him in the hope he "gets his head right", "gets on the bus" and does it for us, all the time with the risk of him disrupting the squad ?

Sometimes in life you just have to cut your losses.

Don't get me wrong. I agree completely, time to get rid if he doesn't want to be here. It will just be incredibly frustrating to see him go elsewhere and turn it on.

More importantly, I know footballers rarely have any taste at all when it comes to women, but it seems they also lack taste in friends and indeed comedy, if so many are hanging out with the useless lardy **** that is Corden. It's not surprising he's famous given how TV caters purely for the moronic majority, it's just fcking depressing.

Stop reading my mind!!!

(surprise, surprise I agree with everything you've said)

Don't get me wrong. I agree completely, time to get rid if he doesn't want to be here. It will just be incredibly frustrating to see him go elsewhere and turn it on.

Whilst agreeing with the argument, he has a history of doing this why he's been on loan & transferred so many times. He will as you say turn it on till the end of the season (as he did for us), but as soon as his place is under threat next season will he battle for his place? and be happy to be on the bench at Newcastle or where ever he is. or will he have a temper tantrum spit his dummy out & be off out on loan again this time next year. He has real talent & its a shame he cannot seem to harness it & get settled.

Anyone who follows James Corden on twitter deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered.

However, if Punch is leaving then I think Newcastle is too much of a step up for him, i'd expect him to go to a Championship side.

Not OUR problem where he goes.

As long as he's sold at a good profit, it's just as well he goes ASAP.

(IF) the acrued comments from NA and others are to be believed.

Someone who doesn't want to play for us - doesn't need to be here.

Whilst agreeing with the argument, he has a history of doing this why he's been on loan & transferred so many times. He will as you say turn it on till the end of the season (as he did for us), but as soon as his place is under threat next season will he battle for his place? and be happy to be on the bench at Newcastle or where ever he is. or will he have a temper tantrum spit his dummy out & be off out on loan again this time next year. He has real talent & its a shame he cannot seem to harness it & get settled.

but he doesn't want to play for us ..does he ?

Would Cortese do business with Pardew?

I don't see why not. By all accounts Mr Cortese is a stern businessman and there is no room for sentimentality when it comes to doing what's right for your business.

Plus, after the initial offer is made then I doubt that Pardew would have any involvement in the deal anyway.

I don't see why not. By all accounts Mr Cortese is a stern businessman and there is no room for sentimentality when it comes to doing what's right for your business.

Plus, after the initial offer is made then I doubt that Pardew would have any involvement in the deal anyway.

I agree, in theory it shouldn't make any difference.....but Cortese has shown a petulent, almost childish side to his dealings with people like the Echo and maybe MLT and we've yet to really see whether this side comes through with transfer dealings with people who have crossed him in the past.

Think we might see a few more bench appearances in the youth side for Mr Puncheon - he needs to learn he can't be a petulant little turd. Having said that, I would rather he did his sulking on Pardews time and budget so hopefully NC will sell. Even if he does well to start, he will sulk sooner or later - his reputation precedes him and it will only be a matter of time before he's sold again back into the CCC or lower.

Why would Cortese be dealing with Pardew, surely he's only the manager, NC would be dealing like for like imo.

Im not saying they have to speak to each other on the phone. I just think that if Pardew wanted Lallana or Lambert I don't think Cortese would be too keen to give AP the satisfaction of raiding Saints for their best players. If it's only Puncheon I agree that he probably doesn't care.

Some people on here are so absolutist about things, ie JP won't make it in prem. We can't tell how it's going to turn out, he is obviously very ambitious and wants to get to the top somehow. Now whether he has the talent to maintain a place remains to be seen. We are all just a bunch of keyboard jockeys.

What is your reasoning on this Ron, i would have thought that if this lad is as disruptive as portrayed, Adkins would want to ship him out PDQ.

He did bite the bullet Colin and played at Staplewood. I would have thought that if there was real financial interest that we would accept, he wouldn't have been risked. I think most teams interested have him sussed and would only be prepared to gamble if the price is right. The loan concept sounds right after the loan window opens.

He did bite the bullet Colin and played at Staplewood. I would have thought that if there was real financial interest that we would accept, he wouldn't have been risked. I think most teams interested have him sussed and would only be prepared to gamble if the price is right. The loan concept sounds right after the loan window opens.

I think the club were right in making Puncheon play for the youngsters, Dave, it sent out a big message to any other disenters.Surely we should bite the hand off of anyone who offered what we paid? 250K ?

I think the club were right in making Puncheon play for the youngsters, Dave, it sent out a big message to any other disenters.Surely we should bite the hand off of anyone who offered what we paid? 250K ?

If McQuoid is worth £550k to Millwall and I think hasn't managed to score yet so is Puncheon. I wouldn't give him away because if he is playing up I'd enjoy kicking his ass until he realises it's easier to toe the line and the pain stops.

If McQuoid is worth £550k to Millwall and I think hasn't managed to score yet so is Puncheon. I wouldn't give him away because if he is playing up I'd enjoy kicking his ass until he realises it's easier to toe the line and the pain stops.

Man management and tact has always been one of your endering attributes...lol

Man management and tact has always been one of your endering attributes...lol

John will tell you how it works. Mind you I can't see phsychologist Nigel Adkins going down that route although Clough , Ferguson etc would.

had a quick butchers at a few Geordie forums and most haven't even seen that rumour yet.

On a separate note I did notice this golden thread that might interest those of you that smiled at our own Ted Bates statue thread. Well worth a look. http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=29363&st=0&start=0

There are some crackers on there!

had a quick butchers at a few Geordie forums and most haven't even seen that rumour yet.

On a separate note I did notice this golden thread that might interest those of you that smiled at our own Ted Bates statue thread. Well worth a look. http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=29363&st=0&start=0

:lol:

F'kin superb.

How I miss that old 'Ted-thread'

That is one funny thread. I'd even suggest putting that link into our Golden Threads just to remind us of our own lost forever TB Statue one.

Ted makes a brief appearance on page 27 btw.

...and to bring it back on topic...has he gone yet?

millwall have today signed hameur bouazza so cant see them wanting to sign him now. hope for his sake others are intrested in him. reading some comments from our own fans it wouldnt be easy for him to play for us ever again.

with the coverage on the radio, the Echo and on here I'd have to agree that he will get slaughtered. Mind you Adkins wouldn't now pick him unless he felt things had changed and he was committed to the cause.