Online ST renewal

stevegrant

Mine's only showing the 2009/10 renewal. Not a problem, will just give them a ring next week when things have quietened down. (although I imagine it's a conspiracy that they simply don't want me to get a ST and are trying as hard as they can to make me not renew.......)

Yes, I contacted the ticket office and they said that they are not giving the option of delivery on websales in case they need to see proof of age. They agreed to send mine through the post since I'm not asking for any concession.

Yep - I'm going to have to get a copy of my 70+ dad's passport or something - plus something with my 8 year old nephews birth date on to take down to the ground on Monday so I can renew 4 season tickets and spend over a £1000 with Saints!

They really don't want our money do they!

Cashflow over the summer really can't be a problem can it - with the delay in releasing season tickets and the new kit there is obivously no need to bring money into the club over the summer to pay the bills/players wages etc. It suggests to me that Saints have a lot of money in the bank somewhere - and I would guess from this money to spend on strengthening the squad. Its not the actions of a business desperate for cash is it!

Still in my experience investment bankers have no idea how to actually run a business!

Yes, I contacted the ticket office and they said that they are not giving the option of delivery on websales in case they need to see proof of age. They agreed to send mine through the post since I'm not asking for any concession.

Wow, thats so nice of them. A piece of grudging customer service. There is a pattern establishing itself here (apart from the one where I show that I think NC doesn't give a sh*t about fans except how he can separate them from their money).

The club are cracking down on people getting teen tickets etc when they are adults. So collection at Ticket office is for proof of age and ID purposes.

Not really got much of a problem with them asking for verification that someone qualifies for a concession ticket, I'd imagine most clubs do some sort of check on that, but I'm renewing an adult ticket - there should be no need to verify my age

Again. I really can't see the problem here. Why is someone moaning about having to take a passport down there? Jesus. To get a concession you have to prove you are entitled to it.

I'm glad they've brought back the Student discount, as I'm in the last few months of Masters. But to get this concession, I fully expect to go down to the TO and show them the proof that I am entitled to it..

As someone above has said, again the club look like they are trying to crack down on people buying teen tickets etc, when they are not entitled to it. What's wrong with that? Should the club just have these concessions and then just say, 'well f*ck it, if someone has the balls to do it - just let them'.

To be fair, I always think fair play if people can get in on the sly - but, I'm sure the club don't share that view! It's an f*cking business. To them, it's stealing - simple as.

If you are not claiming any concessions and you are paying in full, they will post it to you. I phoned them up, gave them my online order number, and they agreed to post it to me straight away. Was on hold for quite a while though.

Not really got much of a problem with them asking for verification that someone qualifies for a concession ticket, I'd imagine most clubs do some sort of check on that, but I'm renewing an adult ticket - there should be no need to verify my age
Just phone them and they will send it to you.

So when I buy tickets for my 11 year old nephew and his mates (world's #1 uncle, I know) will I have to round up their birth certificates or bring them along on person?

Unfortunately Yes

This is down to the fact that too many supporters in the past have abused the previous systems eg claiming under 17 or 21 tickets when older etc.

This year wiht free season tickets for kids under 11 in Chapel I would imagine many would have claimed their 12 or 13 year olds were under 11 if proof hadn't been necessary.

The same with the Installament Plan, this has been tightened up so people can't pay initial payments than stop making payments as many did in the past. So now you only get tickets for first 7 games until they've had confirmation that you've paid for ticket in full.

It's not ideal but if people hadn't taken the p*ss in tha past this wouldn't be necessary

If you are not claiming any concessions and you are paying in full, they will post it to you. I phoned them up, gave them my online order number, and they agreed to post it to me straight away. Was on hold for quite a while though.

But that rather negates the whole point of doing it online, if you end up having to phone them up and wait on hold for 15 minutes anyway.

Unfortunately Yes

This is down to the fact that too many supporters in the past have abused the previous systems eg claiming under 17 or 21 tickets when older etc.

This year wiht free season tickets for kids under 11 in Chapel I would imagine many would have claimed their 12 or 13 year olds were under 11 if proof hadn't been necessary.

The same with the Installament Plan, this has been tightened up so people can't pay initial payments than stop making payments as many did in the past. So now you only get tickets for first 7 games until they've had confirmation that you've paid for ticket in full.

It's not ideal but if people hadn't taken the p*ss in tha past this wouldn't be necessary

Fair enough on that front. I know this is going to be a problem though as parents will be reluctant to hand over passports. I wonder if we sack off the idea of ST's (as I suspect the club want us to) will I be forced to ask my brother for his kids passports when buying tickets on an ad hoc basis too?

But that rather negates the whole point of doing it online, if you end up having to phone them up and wait on hold for 15 minutes anyway.
Sort of, but you can renew it online any time (night or day) and them phone them at your convenience if you cannot find the time to go and pick it up. I just chose to phone at a time that I knew it would be very busy, but it could just as easily taken less than a minute. It was still quicker than going down there.

I am not sure how else they can avoid people claiming concessions they are not entitled to.

Again. I really can't see the problem here. Why is someone moaning about having to take a passport down there? Jesus. To get a concession you have to prove you are entitled to it.

I'm glad they've brought back the Student discount, as I'm in the last few months of Masters. But to get this concession, I fully expect to go down to the TO and show them the proof that I am entitled to it..

As someone above has said, again the club look like they are trying to crack down on people buying teen tickets etc, when they are not entitled to it. What's wrong with that? Should the club just have these concessions and then just say, 'well f*ck it, if someone has the balls to do it - just let them'.

To be fair, I always think fair play if people can get in on the sly - but, I'm sure the club don't share that view! It's an f*cking business. To them, it's stealing - simple as.

I'm a bit torn on this, as I realise the club need to keep some control over their ticket sales, however if you want to get around this there are some fairly easy and obvious ways, plus it really punishes those who live away from Southampton, hopefully there won't be too long a queue before the Leeds game of people trying to pick up theirs.

I work away during the week. Does anyone know if the ticket office is open on Saturday mornings so I can take my daughters passport in?

Yeah it will be.

Just been down, queued for an hour (about 60 people waiting) to get my ST receipt.

Saw David Connolly, that was about the most exciting thing.

You waited an hour to get a receipt after spending 400 quid with them? Unbelievable customer service. Obviously they think Saints fans are sheep, happy to wait around in their own time after they have fleeced you. lol
customer service is a joke has been for the last 3 years

I am not sure how else they can avoid people claiming concessions they are not entitled to.

As I said, I've got no problem with the club wanting to check people who are trying to buy concession tickets, but I'm buying an adult ticket. Their system should easily be able to cope with checking whether the ticket being renewed is an adult one and if so, allow the user to select postal delivery. It doesn't need to be rocket science at all.

So let's get this right.

I can buy my season tickets for my nipper and I but I can't have them until I prove my 9yo is actually 9yo despite him having a season ticket for 2 years and I can only do this my taking his ID to the TO which I can't do until the Millwall game due to living 150+ miles away and going on holiday?

Why do people all rush down on the 1st day?? Unless you are away on holiday the whole time you have 2 weeks!

I'd be completely paranoid for every one of those 14 days that I was going to forget to do it.

As it happens, I can't renew until probably Monday anyway due to the complex set of hoops I will have to jump through to get it paid for.

The club are cracking down on people getting teen tickets etc when they are adults. So collection at Ticket office is for proof of age and ID purposes.

I renewed quickly and easily on the phone and they are posting it out. What is the difference between that and buying on-line? (although perhaps it was because I wasn't getting any concessions)

i am sure if you email the club and they find that it is a straight foward renewal they will post your ticket, i know a friend of mine did, and they said they would change the collection at a later date from ticket office to posting it.

Would they not accept a faxed copy of a birth certificate etc if people live a distance away?

Ticket office agreed to this for me and my grandson today for 2 Renewals, both concessions, purchased on line yesterday. I had to include order no. and customer no. in header. I await postal delivery.

As I said, I've got no problem with the club wanting to check people who are trying to buy concession tickets, but I'm buying an adult ticket. Their system should easily be able to cope with checking whether the ticket being renewed is an adult one and if so, allow the user to select postal delivery. It doesn't need to be rocket science at all.
Well it is defo a completely sh1te online service. Trouble is it looks like a bastardised theatre booking system. I am pretty sure I could write a better one in a matter of weeks :-)

My preference is to book online and have the ST posted to me !

From what I've read here, this will not be possible without a phone call !

Given that I am paying an extra 72% for the same seat as last year, I really get the feeling that the club should get their act together and provide an up-to-date service which caters for all options !

More than anything their communication is lousy, on the OS announcement there was no mention of online sales and restrictions on posting etc, etc....

Poor show, it is that !!

My preference is to book online and have the ST posted to me !

From what I've read here, this will not be possible without a phone call !

Given that I am paying an extra 72% for the same seat as last year, I really get the feeling that the club should get their act together and provide an up-to-date service which caters for all options !

More than anything their communication is lousy, on the OS announcement there was no mention of online sales and restrictions on posting etc, etc....

Poor show, it is that !!

You can email the ticket office and they will send it by post, saves clogging the telephone lines.

Ahh the annual season ticket moan in.

Too right - fckin embarrassing how bad the site is. Just renewed mine and isnt even any info to say no option to mail them - Comical the fckers running the club.

Joke and so many mugs like 'Fan the Flames' here like to think they aren't moaners and accept this bs. Spineless twt!

Poor from start to finish.