New depths?

bridge too far

If they can't get the easy things right it's no wonder they struggle with the complicated stuff...

The 'complicated' stuff they do pretty well, I'd have thought. Hence this thread, hence this inquiry, hence this 'little difficulty' that the Murdochs have found themselves in. You do know who broke this story, right?

I would have thought the ability to spell was quite important when producing a newspaper. Not doing so does hint at a lack of professionalism ( and before anyone says anything, my spelling is awful, but I dont write for a newspaper).

Lord Duck, meet Jackanory.

Seems to add up - she lives in Oxfordshire, quite near Dave in fact.

She needs to live close if Dave is going to ride her horse at the weekend, the one she got on a free loan from the Met ('Dave rode me hoarse' sounds like a NoW headline) . What a sorry mess.

Edited by buctootim

That's Rebekah scrubbed off Sarah Brown's next pyjama party invite then I take it

I would think so.

But I think Rebekah would be flogging a dead (police) horse by trying to ingratiate herself with the Browns though trousers.

No power there any more. Nothing to be gained.

I guess the police have some proof that they deliberately lied under oath when previously questioned?

Also see that ofcom are reviewing news international with respect to their share holding in BskyB and Murdocks position as chairman. Just shows what damage can be caused by trying to cover things up.

No, Rebekah wont have done anthing - she had no idea where her staff were getting information from, just thought that they were hard working, well informed journalists.

Really cant see any story here whatsoever, normal British press and political workings as far as I can see.

No, Rebekah wont have done anthing - she had no idea where her staff were getting information from, just thought that they were hard working, well informed journalists.

Really cant see any story here whatsoever, normal British press and political workings as far as I can see.

Did you leave the winky thing off there ? Here's hoping (winky thing !)

Hard to believe that Rebekah Brooks and Marie Colvin were in the same profession.

Colvin stayed in the field until the ends hitch would suggest that she did the job because she loved it. Brooks stayed in the boardroom which would suggest she enjoyed the position / power / access that came with the job.

• 2 weeks later...

And so the evidence mounts that News Corp is a colossal venture in organised crime.

This has implications for football, of course, since the collapse of OnDigital also meant the collapse of a lucrative rights package with non-Premiership clubs, and threw many into financial turmoil (or even more than they'd normally be in). If I were them, it would probably be worth considering a class action damages suit against Murdoch's mafia.

Sat and watched the Panorama documentary on Sky's relationship with NDS ( makers of TV encryption system ) and THOIC ( pirate website - The House of Ill-Compute ).

Weirdly enough, remember this the first time it came up. It sounded dodgy then, and with the new revelations that Panorama uncovered, looks even dodgier now.

If these allegations are proven, results could be disasterous for Murdoch's "fit and proper person" test.

And so the evidence mounts that News Corp is a colossal venture in organised crime.

This has implications for football, of course, since the collapse of OnDigital also meant the collapse of a lucrative rights package with non-Premiership clubs, and threw many into financial turmoil (or even more than they'd normally be in). If I were them, it would probably be worth considering a class action damages suit against Murdoch's mafia.

In hindsight it was probably not the hacking of the cards that bought down OnDigital but at the time NI did not know this. I see they are in trouble in Oz for basically doing the same thing.

Don't know why MP's /Police are not following this up.

Dacre said that information obtained from Whittamore "could all be obtained legally, but it would take time. This was a quick and easy way to get that information".

is complete ********. Almost all the the data requested could not be obtained legally. Is there a legal route for finding out peoples "friends and families" numbers or if they have a criminal record?

• 1 month later...
Just been announced that Rebekah Brooks and her husband will be charged with perverting the course of justice (not on BBC website yet).

on there now. Brooks, played by King Charles II, said she "deplores this weak and unjust decision"

Im sure Cameron will send her a text with LOL on it

on there now. Brooks, played by King Charles II, said she "deplores this weak and unjust decision"

Im sure Cameron will send her a text with LOL on it

I would have though deciding to prosecute a close personal friend of the prime minister is the opposite of weak. As to unjust I think we will have to leave that to the jury.

Would it not be a laugh if by the time it gets to court Justice Leveson was back on judge duty and got the case "So Mrs Brooks, we meet again.."

Don't worry, she will never go down for it - too many connections. The driver should be the one who is concerned. Probably a 60 year old cockney who did as he was told, otherwise he'd be sacked. 10 years for him, a CEO's job in the USA for the ginger "witch." Cameron keeps good company doesn't he! LOL!!!!!

Don't worry, she will never go down for it - too many connections. The driver should be the one who is concerned. Probably a 60 year old cockney who did as he was told, otherwise he'd be sacked. 10 years for him, a CEO's job in the USA for the ginger "witch." Cameron keeps good company doesn't he! LOL!!!!!

She will have mightily expensive lawyers paid for by Rupes. She might get found guilty at first but will appeal until she gets off imo. They will challenge the admissibility of every piece of evidence at the initial trial and through an exhaustive appeal process, gradually getting bits dumped at each hearing until there is insufficient evidence left.

Edited by buctootim

• 2 weeks later...
Breaking News: The court has been interrupted by a shouting protester, calling Mr Blair a war criminal.

Cant decide if these people, like the **** with the foam are just desperate attention seekers or are being paid by the person being grilled in order to deflect attention from the real issue.

Breaking News: The court has been interrupted by a shouting protester, calling Mr Blair a war criminal.

Annoying. There is a time and a place for these protests and today is not that day. All it does is distract from the issue at hand which is the media's relationship with politics.

Reminds me of when Nick Robinson broke that Iraq war protester's sign in half.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's unacceptable behaviour but I really don't think anybody should be surprised if their voicemail is listened to. To me it's like peering through the front window to see what letters are lying on the doormat. Anybody who doent's have the nous to change their voicemail pin is asking for trouble in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...