Your favourite Lowe quotes

Mole

"The shields are up and the Klingons are shooting at us and every time they land a punch they are sapping our power.

"Of course we will listen to what the supporters have to say, but at the end of the day they support the club but they don't run it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It [money] is a bit like a drug - if you become reliant on it and someone takes it away, can you survive? For us, because we're a provincial club we have to rely on good management. Supporters now accept that fact. There's always the lunatic fringe who keep saying, 'Spend, spend, spend' and [think] that spending equals ambition, but I think most of our supporters are pleased that relative to other clubs we're in a good position."

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.

These may be attributable to Lowe, or maybe Winston Churchill :smt102

His greatest moment..."I am not going to be pushed around by a bunch of North London Yobbos."

Right, but apart from that he's hardly Henry V at Agincourt, is he? In any case, memorable quotes are hard to come by because he seems to have said so little over the years.

"After the unmitigated disaster that my tenure at the helm of Southampton football club has been I hereby announce my resignation with immediate effect.

I unreservedly apologise to all the decent and loyal supporters of this club for the upset and distress that my chairmanship has caused and I promise to never again meddle in this clubs affairs.

I will be personally reimbursing all the fans who spent their hard earned cash watching second rate football.

Good bye for the last time."

..........or maybe that was in a dream?

"No one's ruled out,no one is ruled in.."

This epitomised Lowe up for me.The comment smacked of blustering and arrogance, whilst in truth Lowe was floundering and clueless as to what to do or who to appoint, hence we ended with non-appointments of Gray and Wigley for too long.

Said behind closed doors to Mrs Lowe.

"I have no idea about football but i shall keep going with my

football revoultion until it works"

"Ok dear,but what about all those common football fans?,they will get angry"

"They don`t matter, it`s my club and i will do what i want as long as that mug Wilde let`s me rule it"

"Ok Dear,shall we have the duck for dinner"

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

"Most of those we sold are home grown players coming through the academy which i set up and were fortunate to have them in the first place"

My favourite from pre-season = "Cynics keep telling me your win nothing with kids, but these are not kids. Many of them are aged 20 and coming into their prime!" Think that sums up Lowe to a tee.

"Our aim is for promotion this season"

"We will give the fans free flowing attacking football that will be exciting and fast, the easiest route out of our problems is to see St Mary's full"

"The shields are up and the Klingons are shooting at us and every time they land a punch they are sapping our power.

"Of course we will listen to what the supporters have to say, but at the end of the day they support the club but they don't run it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It [money] is a bit like a drug - if you become reliant on it and someone takes it away, can you survive? For us, because we're a provincial club we have to rely on good management. Supporters now accept that fact. There's always the lunatic fringe who keep saying, 'Spend, spend, spend' and [think] that spending equals ambition, but I think most of our supporters are pleased that relative to other clubs we're in a good position."

LOLOLOLOLOL. The irony.....

"Most of those we sold are home grown players coming through the academy which i set up and were fortunate to have them in the first place"

My favourite from pre-season = "Cynics keep telling me your win nothing with kids, but these are not kids. Many of them are aged 20 and coming into their prime!" Think that sums up Lowe to a tee.

"Our aim is for promotion this season"

"We will give the fans free flowing attacking football that will be exciting and fast, the easiest route out of our problems is to see St Mary's full"

Sad Old Git will spit his dummy out when he sees those pre season quotes promising us all that!!!!!!!!!!

"I remember being at The Dell one evening when we lost 2-0 to Leeds United. We had one point after 10 games, and the whole stadium was chanting `Rupert Lowe's a ******!' That's not nice. I did wake up one night and say to my wife, `What am I doing this for?' But I am not someone who backs away from a situation."

Brian Viner Interview

And Gordon Strachan left for "family" reasons. On the other hand, it could be argued that replacing Paul Sturrock (main handicap: no managerial experience at Premiership level) with Steve Wigley (main handicap: no managerial experience at any level) was, at best, naive. Not that it's an argument Lowe will countenance. "I make no apology for giving people a go," he says. "If you don't give people a go then you end up with an ageing pool of managers, and nobody gaining the experience to take English football forward

Brian Viner Interview

“I believe that we now have a management team that will deliver stability, results and exciting football.”

"The whole experience of relegation and the aftermath has been very hard to take but I do believe things are now looking up"

“This result directly reflects the very damaging effects of relegation.”

"The purpose of developing the best academy in the country is not to sell scholars to larger clubs.”

“I'm always sincere even when I'm lying.”

“In George and Clive we have got a management team of undoubted quality with strengths in complementary areas.”

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/rupert_lowe

'I've made it quite clear our club is run by the board, not the media.

'Our fans have to have trust in the board and we have a policy of not commenting on individuals, it is not fair on them.

'We run our club the way we think is best and that's good enough for us.

'All managers are judged on results - that's a fact of football - but our club has come a long way and is one of the best run in the country.

'There seem to be people keen to denigrate what we have achieved but we will stick together and move forward.

'As far as we are concerned, Paul Sturrock is our manager - he's running the club and we don't feel the need to comment on idle speculation.'

48 hours later Sturrock left "by mutual consent" (:rolleyes:) and Lowe said:

"When this pressure is compounded by a constant stream of negative and unfair media coverage, which has taken on a life of its own recently, the position becomes untenable.

"Those people responsible for perpetrating this unsatisfactory situation, often in return for financial reward, should take a long hard look at themselves."

So in 48 hours the club goes from NOT BEING RUN by the media to BEING RUN by the media. ROFL.

"your an asshole!"

after speaking to the club historian

I seem to recall mention of a similar telephone conversation with a certain Keith Legg.

Richard Chorley could also give an insight if memory serves me right. "Breeding" rings a bell for some reason.

Edited by Mole

"The circumstances that led to most of the managers leaving were beyond his control."

"Everyone makes mistakes; the art is to learn from them."

"Players cannot walk away and the fact their wages are cut means we only have to sell if the price is right. There will be no fire sale or easy pickings here!

“We have not agreed to sell Theo. We want to keep him.”

“The purpose of developing the best academy in the country is not to sell scholars to larger clubs.”

“I'm always sincere even when I'm lying.”

“In George and Clive we have got a management team of undoubted quality with strengths in complementary areas, who share the same vision and give us the best chance of returning to the Premier League in the shortest possible time.”

Right, but apart from that he's hardly Henry V at Agincourt, is he? In any case, memorable quotes are hard to come by because he seems to have said so little over the years.

:confused: Are you talking about the same man that posters on here berate for "always being in media"?