The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

"Birmingham have emerged as potential transfer suitors for West Brom's Simon Cox, although the striker admits he is happy to stay at the Hawthorns."

We should be looking at him too IMO.

Woy has been playing him in the last couple of weeks, i don't think he'll leave.

Really think we need to be looking at Keith Andrews from Blackburn. Despite going back to Blackburn he is Ipswich's top scorer with 9 goals from midfield as he makes those late runs into the box and exactly what we seem to be lacking in the centre with three more defensive players in Morgan, Cork and Hammond.

He's out of favour there and looks set to be shipped out and I should think we'd have a good chance if we showed interest.

I agree that with Yago Falque it was just one game - and he may drastically improve over the next couple of games - but you have to admit the signs weren't good. Whatever you think about his long term future with Saints it certainly wasn't the game to give him his debut.

De Ridder should have started over Falque and Richardson over Harding - it's as simple as that.

And there is no obsession with Vokes - he's just an example - its a centre forward we need - a 6ft2 striker to lead the line - but we need to be pragmatic about it and go after someone that might actually be available. We don't need a world beater - just someone who can do a job for us.

Lambert, Lallana and Do Prado playing behind a centre forward with Cork and Schneiderlin in midfield would cause any team problems. I'm hoping Tandanari can be that striker - but I'm not convinced he will be.

Against Leicester we really missed someone upfront to lead the line, hold the ball, link play and pressurise the centrebacks and give us an option to go long with the ball from the back - particularly when we are under pressure.

Don't see the sense in signing another cm. we need a right winger IMO.

I see your point but unfortunately I think Falque is the winger that has been signed and I can't see us buying another when Chaplow, Holmes, Guly and De Ridder can all play there.

I see your point but unfortunately I think Falque is the winger that has been signed and I can't see us buying another when Chaplow, Holmes, Guly and De Ridder can all play there.

We need someone strong and direct who runs with the ball. Possibly it will be ok once Chaplow is back. Possibly.

I agree that with Yago Falque it was just one game - and he may drastically improve over the next couple of games - but you have to admit the signs weren't good. Whatever you think about his long term future with Saints it certainly wasn't the game to give him his debut.

I don't think anything at all can be taken from last night with Falque. Felt bad for him more than anything, the few times he got the ball he looked like a player who likes to keep it on the deck and play. The rest of the side looked like they wanted to play hoof-ball, which will make it hard for him to showcase what he can bring to the team.

Still would have kept him on over Holmes, who seemingly can't keep the ball past his first touch.

True....although I don't think we'd bid £4m for Hooper if we didn't! I don't think we have much more than that though.

I am getting more drawn to the Turkish post every day though...nuts though it may be....but look at who we have supposedly bid for and how many have we got or have moved yet?

We still have 7 days to change that but we need a quick fix and soon.

Really think we need to be looking at Keith Andrews from Blackburn. Despite going back to Blackburn he is Ipswich's top scorer with 9 goals from midfield as he makes those late runs into the box and exactly what we seem to be lacking in the centre with three more defensive players in Morgan, Cork and Hammond.

He's out of favour there and looks set to be shipped out and I should think we'd have a good chance if we showed interest.

Absolutely-think he's an excellent player. Even against us, showed he had something about him.

Wouldn't need anything like 12m to secure their services - much better players available for that money.
Really? I've seen Phillips several times now and every time he has been the stand out player. If someone said we had spent £6m on him I think I'd be pleased, and that's from someone that continually worries about our debt levels. Sharp price is £3m isn't it, and Curtis Davis is worth every penny of £3m. Best centre back in this division IMO. Height, strength and PACE!

Really? I've seen Phillips several times now and every time he has been the stand out player. If someone said we had spent £6m on him I think I'd be pleased, and that's from someone that continually worries about our debt levels. Sharp price is £3m isn't it, and Curtis Davis is worth every penny of £3m. Best centre back in this division IMO. Height, strength and PACE!

Sign Matt Phillips, Keith Andrews, Billy Sharp or Sordell, and possibly a CB if injuries dictate and we're there imo.

As Jos is now injured - ham-string ? what 3 weeks out ? - the requirement for more cover at CB has now become urgent. So what odds on Matt Mills or St Leger coming here ? Both did well for Leicester last night, albeit against our off colour forward line, but there are newspaper reports of Nigel Pearson wanting rid of Sven's high cost, high earning signings and either of those two may well be on their bikes. We could do a lot worse.

I did regret losing Mills when we did as I thought he would turn out OK despite him thinking he was too good for us. But we do need cover and quickly.

The saying 'J.F.D.I' is not happening at Saint Marys currently, and could be the diffrence between going up or not. If rumours are true, and that we bid 1.5 for Sharp then I find it strange. His release is 1.85 million so why not get on with it, pay an extra 300k more and land a player that could get us into the premiership?

For those not used to the term JFDI, it means ( just f#cking do it.)

I'm pretty sure Blackpool would want atleast £5m in the this window. Why would they sell him for £2m when he is one of their most valuable players and they don't need the money.

Where does the idea that they will sell at all come from ?

The saying 'J.F.D.I' is not happening at Saint Marys currently, and could be the diffrence between going up or not. If rumours are true, and that we bid 1.5 for Sharp then I find it strange. His release is 1.85 million so why not get on with it, pay an extra 300k more and land a player that could get us into the premiership?

For those not used to the term JFDI, it means ( just f#cking do it.)

Is that really a saying? If some ***t come up to me at work, leaned on my desk and said "Bearsy, you need to J.F.D.I" I think I'd J.F.R.M.F.F.D.H.C.T

For those not used to the term J.F.R.M.F.F.D.H.C.T means (just f#cking ram my f#cking fist down his c#nt throat)

Am I the only one who thinks Clyne and Zaha are hugely overated ?!
I wasn't overly impressed by Clyne at SMS,I thought he'd get forward much more, but he and Zaha both looked classy, although ineffective on the day. If you are watching the game tonight you hopefully will be seeing a player in Zaha that is head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. He has amazing skills, pace, first touch and strength. Brilliant prospect, but not a chance of getting either IMO. Edited by Chez

Amidst all the clamour for a striker,and new CB - yes, both needed - I am still concerned about our GK options, and believe we need a reliable back up for Kelvin, if not a long term replacement.
is it only me that can see that we need a left winger?

Am I the only one who thinks Clyne and Zaha are hugely overated ?!

Clyne is ok, over rated but solid. No better than FR IMO

Zaha, wow. Fast but absolutely no end product. No thanks. Not surprised Liverpool were interested, they seem to be masters of spending huge sums on mediocre ****e

Is that really a saying? If some ***t come up to me at work, leaned on my desk and said "Bearsy, you need to J.F.D.I" I think I'd J.F.R.M.F.F.D.H.C.T

For those not used to the term J.F.R.M.F.F.D.H.C.T means (just f#cking ram my f#cking fist down his c#nt throat)

Granted, despite that i'm sure you get the gist of what I was saying? we should of had a 1st team striker lined up before January, not wait until the end then offer under the asking price..

If we want a RB then Matt Lowton at Sheffield United would be a good addition. Young (22), loves to bomb forward, great cross but also good at defending. The ball seems to stick to his feet too, good close control. I think Fulham have been sniffing around but no bids yet. Sheffield's finances aren't great so a decent offer would not be turned down.

If we want a RB then Matt Lowton at Sheffield United would be a good addition. Young (22), loves to bomb forward, great cross but also good at defending. The ball seems to stick to his feet too, good close control. I think Fulham have been sniffing around but no bids yet. Sheffield's finances aren't great so a decent offer would not be turned down.

I thought the Cardiff RB tonight (Blake) was good. Went forward well and looked threatning. Quite quick and young too