The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

Not really. Norwich are much more decisive in the transfer market.
I wonder why didn't they sort this deal out two weeks ago?

Good signing by the way. Feel for the Leeds fans, Bates is slowly and surely killing them.

I've mentioned him numerous times before, but Jordan Mutch is a very good player and exactly the sort of player we should be signing. He's having a great game tonight and no surprise that his return has coincided with some good results. Shame WBA have put in an offer for Ridgwell otherwise the blues board would be desperate by now and a decent offer might be welcomed.

Just for good measure I'll mention Jack Butland and Curtis Davies again too.

Sky Sports claim Crystal Palace are interested in Jason Puncheon. Wasn't aware they had much money' date=' and we've made it clear what our asking price is - perhaps there is a swap deal in the making?[/quote']

Makes sense. IF you're not actually spending REAL money.. then a players " valuation " can be... whatever you say it is....

Mathias Jorgensen ??

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/160555_psv-ziet-komst-jorgensen-uit-handen-glippen-die-voor-engeland-kiest

translates as :

The Danish defender left for Southampton FC. Reported that the Danish newspaper Bladet tips. Originally, the five-time International next week at the Philips Stadium and travel signatures are put. From the new season, the 21-year-old defender, currently recovering from a serious knee injury in the current year and no longer can act, then the red and white pick.

Southampton is willing to Zanka, as the nickname of Mathias Jattah Njie-Jørgensen is, immediately to get. FC Copenhagen it is also willing to cooperate, because the Danish champion still can collect a transfer fee. Southampton want to get promoted to the Premier League.

Mathias Jorgensen ??

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/160555_psv-ziet-komst-jorgensen-uit-handen-glippen-die-voor-engeland-kiest

translates as :

The Danish defender left for Southampton FC. Reported that the Danish newspaper Bladet tips. Originally, the five-time International next week at the Philips Stadium and travel signatures are put. From the new season, the 21-year-old defender, currently recovering from a serious knee injury in the current year and no longer can act, then the red and white pick.

Southampton is willing to Zanka, as the nickname of Mathias Jattah Njie-Jørgensen is, immediately to get. FC Copenhagen it is also willing to cooperate, because the Danish champion still can collect a transfer fee. Southampton want to get promoted to the Premier League.

Well that used to be par for the course - Charlie George,Perry Groves, Delgado more recently even - but I had hoped signing crocks was a thing of the past.

Mathias Jorgensen ??

translates as :

I love these translations. Superb comedy value.

Mathias Jorgensen ??

translates as :

21 year old centre back and also captain of F.C. Copenhagen. Will be interesting if it gets reported anywhere else.

87231.jpg

Another mention of Mathias :

http://psvrss.nl/2012/01/20/%E2%80%98psv-verliest-strijd-om-%E2%80%98zanka%E2%80%99-van-southampton%E2%80%99/

PSV had high hopes for the transfer of Mathias 'Zanka' Jorgensen later this month to complete. The Danish defender of FC Copenhagen now appears for an adventure in England to choose where Southampton lurking.

The Danish Tips Bladet, the transfer to the English Jørgensen divisionist as good as the first round. Reason for transfer remarkable is the fact that Southampton would be willing to pay a transfer fee for the defender. PSV Eindhoven wanted to get free transfers Jørgensen.

Should the transfer of Jørgensen actually fall into the water for PSV, which is a huge drain on Eindhoven. Dane because the club had wanted to visit and would, in various media has reached a verbal agreement.

Adkins on football league weekend tonight seemed to indicate we wouldn't sign a striker. Said hooper was unlikely, made a good offer that was rejected and that we had tadanari lee on the way who will be exciting. Made the point that we are top scorers in the division and questioned whether we would need another striker.

Hope I'm wrong but think we will now run with what we have.

I fear you might be correct, although people will no doubt scrutinise other teams line ups today, to see who is missing, without sound explanation, and set off on another route.

What Adkins actually said on Football League Weekend was something along the lines of 'as we've already said, we're the top scorers in the division, so some people would say we don't need another striker.' I don't think that suggests a categorical 'we don't need a striker', in fact it makes me think even more that we're still looking.

Hope I'm wrong but think we will now run with what we have.
You might be right but there is still 10 days to go in this transfer window and a further loan window to come. Traditionally (granted, most fans don't like it) the vast majority of the business is done in the final few hours, so a bit premature to give up completely.

What Adkins actually said on Football League Weekend was something along the lines of 'as we've already said' date=' we're the top scorers in the division, so some people would say we don't need another striker.' I don't think that suggests a categorical 'we don't need a striker', in fact it makes me think even more that we're still looking.[/quote']

Agreed. The way he said it, the smile - just indicated to me that he is still looking. Not trying to clutch at straws at all; just genuinely feel he hasn't given up hope just yet. Time will tell I suppose.

What Adkins actually said on Football League Weekend was something along the lines of 'as we've already said' date=' we're the top scorers in the division, so some people would say we don't need another striker.' I don't think that suggests a categorical 'we don't need a striker', in fact it makes me think even more that we're still looking.[/quote']

I read it pretty much as he said it - we don't need another striker. As we don't. We are comfortably outscoring our rivals despite all of Lambert, Connolly, Guly and Barnard being injured or suspended at some stage.

We have added another international striker, and loan player who I understand plays wing or as a 2nd striker.

BUT - if he can add someone like Hooper, and can afford it he will and should.

This team isn't built like Leicester, I know some would like the buying loads of names who are not as good as their reputuation!

Squad is fine

Agreed. The way he said it, the smile - just indicated to me that he is still looking. Not trying to clutch at straws at all; just genuinely feel he hasn't given up hope just yet. Time will tell I suppose.

Yeah was going to mention his wry smile as well, I certainly think he's still looking, even if we don't end up getting someone.

You might be right but there is still 10 days to go in this transfer window and a further loan window to come. Traditionally (granted, most fans don't like it) the vast majority of the business is done in the final few hours, so a bit premature to give up completely.

Yep.

I reckon we will see late (i.e. last day) activity on the striker front. Reckon we'll see Puncheon as makeweight in any deal.

We've clearly got the money and the appetite to spend it: though I don't think we are genuinely desparate too.

Going to be fun watching the last day rumours.

Yes, I totally agree. I don't think being promoted this year is our priority.
Maybe it wasn't to start the season but do you really think that come January 1st when we're top of the league there was no change of priorities? Dalek the trolling isn't funny anymore.

Craig Gordon available on loan and out of contract in the summer. Lost his way at Sunderland and suffered with injuries, but I thought he looked fantastic when he first joined Sunderland. Might be worth considering now or in the summer so long as the wages aren't crazy (which they probably are right now).

Sign him up:)

Snodgrass would be for us now..help the promotion push and would be a star for us in the top league:)

What would the fee be , I wonder? with 18 months left on his contract ?

Overated... Watch him a few times now and don't rate him that highly. A star?! I doubt it. He has one good trait. Cutting in onto his left foot. Other than that he is just a slow lump who throws his weight around and gives away free kicks when he get annoyed.