The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

And would you suggest we do that?

I hope that is what we do do. Reportedly been in for a few strikers such as Jay Rod sharp and Hooper and we didn't manage to get anyone in the summer. I hope we are more successful in January or maybe we need to set our sights lower or perhaps pay a little bit more as someone else suggested earlier.

Hopefully we test the waters beforehand as to the likelihood of a striker being allowed to go should we put a bid in.

I don't think we are involved in that. We go about our business professionally, or so we are told.

Well if we go about things professionally, then we would need to put a bid in first... anything else is tapping up.

I hope that is what we do do. Reportedly been in for a few strikers such as Jay Rod sharp and Hooper and we didn't manage to get anyone in the summer. I hope we are more successful in January or maybe we need to set our sights lower or perhaps pay a little bit more as someone else suggested earlier.

Apologies, the question was meant to be how would you suggest we do that!

after the less than positive reception to Lee by some on here (especially the need to wait whilst he obtains a work permit) it's interesting that West Ham are interested in their own Japanese player http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/west-ham-offer-trial-to-japan-international-striker-14714 but he only gets a trial and has even less chance of obtaining a work permit. SFC, leading the way...

If we are prepared to splash the sort of £ to sign Hooper then I wonder who else might be on our list of potential signings in that bracket.

Sharp/Maynard, we seem to have decided against. Rhodes, although a good choice, is probably priced out of our reach. So, I still suspect a possible import from Europe, or a bid to test Blackpool, for Matt Phillips who is showing some form.

after the less than positive reception to Lee by some on here (especially the need to wait whilst he obtains a work permit) it's interesting that West Ham are interested in their own Japanese player http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/west-ham-offer-trial-to-japan-international-striker-14714 but he only gets a trial and has even less chance of obtaining a work permit. SFC, leading the way...

Was reading another forum with a section that follows Japanese football, seems the player in question rejected them as he didn't think an international player should have to do a trial.

Did anyone see Marvin Sordell's display on the FA Cup highlights? Granted, it was only against Bradford but to me he's far more the sort of player Adkins and Cortese would go all out for. He's younger than Sharp or Maynard so greater sell on value and less potential training ground ego, is strong and quick (we desperately need the latter asset) and is southern based. Rumours - albeit the unreliable tabloids - that we bid for him towards the end of the last window.

Did anyone see Marvin Sordell's display on the FA Cup highlights? Granted, it was only against Bradford but to me he's far more the sort of player Adkins and Cortese would go all out for. He's younger than Sharp or Maynard so greater sell on value and less potential training ground ego, is strong and quick (we desperately need the latter asset) and is southern based. Rumours - albeit the unreliable tabloids - that we bid for him towards the end of the last window.

We did bid for him and we continue to be very interested. Again it's a case of offering that bit more to secure a player, even though it may be a little over what we value them.

We did bid for him and we continue to be very interested. Again it's a case of offering that bit more to secure a player, even though it may be a little over what we value them.

This is what I think will be key in this window. The shall see if we are able to do this. Regardless of what we decide I hope for promotion!

How do you know this? You speak in facts, so you must know something.

How about this for a window??

Out:

Butterfield (age)

Dickson (not fancied)

Forte (too good!)

Holmes (inconsistent)

In:

Fontaine (Need 4 quality)

Right back (Competition for Fraser)

Puncheon (Support in wings)

Sordell (Pace, age, potential)

Lee (Need 4. Connors and . Barnard future unsure)

Potential post window squad:

Davis

Bart

Fraser

*R/back

Fonte

Jos

*Fontaine

Martin

Fox

Harding

Chaplow

Morgan

Cork

Hammond

Lallana

De Ridder

Punch

Lambert

Lee

Guly

*Sordell

Was anyone else impressed with Jamie Vardy in the Fleetwood vs Blackpool tie? I thought he was excellent and it seems that Holloway was very impressed too. Young, fast, two-footed, good in the air. He looks like the real deal to me.

He played well in the first round against Wycombe which I heard on the beeb.

I hope we pursue our interest in this window. Watford have big money problems like most clubs in NPC so a decent offer will test there resolve to hang on to him. He is quick and strong and will only get better. He would learn a great deal from both Lambert and Connolly but has enough about him already to make an impact.

Sign him, a left winger (allow lallana to move inside) and centre back cover (on loan) and I would like to think that will see us into the PL.

Love how Holloway thinks he can pick up Puncheon on the cheap...450k, then when it suits he will want upwards of £4 mill for Phillips...

Use Puncheon as a bargaining chip in this window...really think one of Phillips, Sordell or Adamoah would be fantastic...

TBF he can, most likely, pick JP up cheap if he (JP) and Adkins can't call a truce.

Edited by View From The Top
Typo

Love how Holloway thinks he can pick up Puncheon on the cheap...450k, then when it suits he will want upwards of £4 mill for Phillips...

Use Puncheon as a bargaining chip in this window...really think one of Phillips, Sordell or Adamoah would be fantastic...

We should be looking to give them Puncheon if they give us Phillips for 2.5 million. Would be fantastic.

We should be looking to give them Puncheon if they give us Phillips for 2.5 million. Would be fantastic.

That'd be a top deal but I reckon Phillips has just hit form at the wrong time for teams to buy him. He must've played his way into Holloway's plans by now - despite Holloway sending him out on loan earlier in the season.

Here is one to throw in the pot, a chap i know who works at the airport phoned me up today to say that Kris Boyd the former Rangers/Boro striker was picked up in a car today from Eastleigh and driven off, I would not have a clue if this is Saints related or our fishey friends down the road were the club involved.

Here is one to throw in the pot, a chap i know who works at the airport phoned me up today to say that Kris Boyd the former Rangers/Boro striker was picked up in a car today from Eastleigh and driven off, I would not have a clue if this is Saints related or our fishey friends down the road were the club involved.

I really really hope not.

He's thinking about going off to the States rather than the Skates

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7422203/Boyd-considering-MLS-move

I liked the look of that Colin Daniel the Macclesfield winger in t'FA Coop game at the weekend. Tall' date=' well built, pacy and knows where the onion bag is. Could be worth a punt.[/quote']

If he's good enough and that game wasn't just a flash in the pan, we'll have already been looking at him IMO.

...and Blackpool bid £650,000 for Puncheon, same article.

To be fair, that's not a bad offer for a 1st team level player that's not playing any games. I personally think he is being punished for something (dissent?) and the club has unofficially put his career on hold as a result (i.e. £1M or rot).