The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

So far, we have been linked with:

Kris Commons

Tanadari Lee (confirmed)

Nathan Delefounso *whatever it is

Billy Sharp (denied)

Andrew Driver

Not sure who I'm missing.

That feed that talked about Delfouneso also said we want Jay Bothroyd (although that feed is nonsense)

That feed that talked about Delfouneso also said we want Jay Bothroyd (although that feed is nonsense)
Every time I've seen Delfonso he has been utter ****, Bothroyd on the other hand looked very good at Cardiff. Could we take him and DJ Cambell on loan till the end of the season please? Not a chance I know, but if you don't ask...

Celtic confirmed we've enquired about Kris Commons now.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16450877.stm doesn't sound like he wants to sell, or he's doing he best to talk up the price. Someone posted several weeks ago we were after two foreign and one British based, so with the Dutch keeper still a possibility, that might be our transfer window sewn up?

Not sure how much truth there is in it but...

Sent: Jan 7, 2012 00:39

I'm expecting a renewed bid from Southampton for striker Lukas Jutkiewicz after this weekends game. Expect #LCFC to in for him too.

sent via Twitter for iPhone

On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Itkagent1962/status/155448440585854976

I asked him for more info about the 'fab four' we're always being linked with...

"sharp, maynard won't happen. Rodriguez maybe. Depends on you matching the 4m asking price. Sharp I expect to stay, NM #LCFC"

UPDATE:

"re Rodriguez, burnley in no need to sell so set a fee. If you look away from the obvious names at c'ship level,he's a star."

Edited by Crazy Diamond

I asked him for more info about the 'fab four' we're always being linked with...

"sharp, maynard won't happen. Rodriguez maybe. Depends on you matching the 4m asking price. Sharp I expect to stay, NM #LCFC"

UPDATE:

"re Rodriguez, burnley in no need to sell so set a fee. If you look away from the obvious names at c'ship level,he's a star."

Burnley won't sell him, and he doesn't want to leave. That comes from a Burnley player via Corky Morris.

Adkins said that we werent interested.

And we probably aren't. We have Tadanari San on line soon,Guly,Lambert and Connolly,we might all be pleasantly surprised by Doble this afternoon, even by AL playing in attack.I don't doubt that we will sign a supplementary striker but I don't see us paying a barrow load of cash for him nor giving him megabucks in guise of salary.Find young and improving candidates for a million and 10K'ish a week, that's where we should be looking.

And we probably aren't. We have Tadanari San on line soon,Guly,Lambert and Connolly,we might all be pleasantly surprised by Doble this afternoon, even by AL playing in attack.I don't doubt that we will sign a supplementary striker but I don't see us paying a barrow load of cash for him nor giving him megabucks in guise of salary.Find young and improving candidates for a million and 10K'ish a week, that's where we should be looking.

I would imagine we will sign a big striker too.

Doncaster fans seem to think that Leicester had a £2m offer rejected.

£2 million and £28k a week for a player who is just about proven at this level? That's a waste of money.

Look at where Sharp has scored his goals - when he's carrying his teams, S****horpe and Doncaster. At Sheffield United he wasn't top dog and didn't get the goals. He wouldn't be first choice here.

Could he cut it in the Premier League? I'm fairly sure if the consensus was that he could, he wouldn't be at Doncaster at all.

Im absolutely amazed no one has mentioned Ricardo Vaz Te....scored twice today and lots already this season. His contract is up in the summer...surely he would be an excellent signing?...young, pacey and scores goals...exactly what we need

Also Matt Phillips would be an amzaing signing...can't help thinking they would want Punch and at least £3-4 mill but would be a fantastic long term investment

Im absolutely amazed no one has mentioned Ricardo Vaz Te....scored twice today and lots already this season. His contract is up in the summer...surely he would be an excellent signing?...young, pacey and scores goals...exactly what we need

Also Matt Phillips would be an amzaing signing...can't help thinking they would want Punch and at least £3-4 mill but would be a fantastic long term investment

Good shout on Matt Phillips

Every time I see Vaz Te I get the feeling he's got more luck than ability.

Every time I see Vaz Te I get the feeling he's got more luck than ability.
I regularly used to suggest Vaz Te on the HCDAJFU threads three years ago. On the latest trip to Oakwell I have to say though that I was more impressed by Craig Davies (the fella they signed from Chesterfield) who was good in the air, had pace and has scored goals. I think Vaz Te only got ten minutes at the end and he caused us problems. As he has settled in he has done well up there.

Well if we want someone of Hooper's quality' date=' ruling out a few of the Championship strikers we've been linked with, but we can't get him, who do we look to next?[/quote']

Hopefully we test the waters beforehand as to the likelihood of a striker being allowed to go should we put a bid in.

The problem is though that there isn't much point going in for players if we don't actually get any of them...

Okay I'll bite...

... so apart from helping to unsettle the player so that his current club will be more willing to sell in the future, increasing our profile to other players who may the sign, and helping push the cost up to another club if he signs for them, there really isn't much point.

What did the Romans ever do for us....

Okay I'll bite...

... so apart from helping to unsettle the player so that his current club will be more willing to sell in the future, increasing our profile to other players who may the sign, and helping push the cost up to another club if he signs for them, there really isn't much point.

What did the Romans ever do for us....

I don't think we are involved in that. We go about our business professionally, or so we are told.