The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

Commons scored 14 in 18 games last year. People still turning their nose up?

A record of serious injury from the very start of his career and a penchant to jump ship... Forgive me for still being sceptical. Then there's the quality of the opposition he's playing, when he's surrounded by team mates that opposition teams could only dream of. Yeah, I'd still think twice before signing him, definitely.

I'd happily take James Forrest instead, highly unlikely though.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! ZZZZZZZ ! zzzzzzzzzzz!

Just like the summer, nothing of significance happening.

It's been six days and we've already lined up a transfer. Not every club can say that. Now, thought anymore about those clubs that were going to finish below us on your perfectly worked out 18th prediction?

I'd love a decent keeper signed but can't think of any. Far easier signing to make when you're top flight. I'd rather it wasn't 'one for the future' either. Keepers can play til 40, so someone over 30 would be sensible, IMO. I like Kelvin, it's hard not to after all he's been through with the club, but he just has too many weaknesses. People seem to forget them or argue against it when he plays well and makes good saves, but he's always done that, and the weaknesses remain.

If Blackburn go down I think we could do worse than Paul Robinson, still a good keeper with a huge amount of top flight experience and England caps.

Probably get slated for the suggestion, but I wouldn't mind Scott Carson. He's had a while out of the limelight in Turkey and might fancy a return by next season.

Rhodes would be great, but it's unlikely. Unlike CMS who also scored a whole load of goals in L1, Rhodes is a very clinical finisher so a PL team probably would take a chance. I'd j1zz myself if we got him.

The difference I can tell is that CMS kind of forced defenders into mistakes, and punished them on every mistake they made. His pace and work rate opened up alot of opportunities for him. The higher up you go, then less mistakes they make so your movement and instincts need to be better...which is why he isn't scoring as many in the championship.

Rhodes has great movement, and makes his own opportunists through the movement and he has that natural instinct. Similar to Lambert (totally different player I know...) but he knows where to be to score, so does Rhodes...they will score goals at any level given the service.

Some news from tomorrow's newspapers to bring you here, as the Independent reckon that Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to let Wayne Rooney leave Manchester United due to a breakdown in their relationship. That would be massive. HCDAJFU

490493860.jpg?Expires=1325888634&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=VrR8CeBkxafYU2sq7ivDp1o~rI7GqrEPo-h71-FvoW3KbEmsXHmG5IMNFFgGhFBMeLifkujyOUhsO1Siq6Et9pxelhX1mnnmPQv2~37fbNFbiYffHnPnTyn-LCtS03oy1CKqSiNH~chHWKd3enumEsuJIZg1jF~F08~cCBSSu9A_

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - obviously I am joking.

Edited by Saint_Jonny

Got to be rubbish, where would he even go? No chance they'd let City have him...or Chelsea for that matter. No others could afford him. Can't really see him living abroad. Would he fit in at Barca or Madrid? Would Fergie want to strengthen those sides even more?

From the horses mouth on Twitter

WayneRooney

The independent are talking absolute rubbish my future is with Manchester United and the club and I are totally commited to each other

Makes you wonder, where do the newspapers get these sorts of stories from? Must be places like Saints Web seeing as so many of them turn out to be complete bollards.

The difference I can tell is that CMS kind of forced defenders into mistakes, and punished them on every mistake they made. His pace and work rate opened up alot of opportunities for him. The higher up you go, then less mistakes they make so your movement and instincts need to be better...which is why he isn't scoring as many in the championship.

Rhodes has great movement, and makes his own opportunists through the movement and he has that natural instinct. Similar to Lambert (totally different player I know...) but he knows where to be to score, so does Rhodes...they will score goals at any level given the service.

Got to be the greatest myth about Lambert. Love the guy to bits but hes not a not an opportunist or a right time right place kind of striker. When was the last time Lambert genuinely scored one of those goals - say he got in front of a defender and slid one in at the near post or smashed one into the bottom corner? His movement in the box is not particularly instinctive or elusive - usually involves lumbering at the far post, that is, if he's even in the box and hasn't pulled out wide.

Little bit on Twitter that we are reportedly after Nathan Delfouneso on loan from Villa.

BPLTransferNews (@BPLTransferNews) Nathan Delfouneso could be off to #SaintsFC on loan #AVFC

Who is BPL? just a random twitter feed, or is it part of a local paper etc?

Would be a cracking option though. Bags of pace.

Little bit on Twitter that we are reportedly after Nathan Delfouneso on loan from Villa.

BPLTransferNews (@BPLTransferNews) Nathan Delfouneso could be off to #SaintsFC on loan #AVFC

Was pretty poor at Burnley on loan but worth a look for his pace alone.