The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

there are better players, just not affordable better players. I'd take Wilfried Zaha without a second thought and Matt Phillips is another that is better than we have. Jordan Mutch, Curtis Davies, Ambrose...they are all players that would be ideal for us but you'd have to spend a fortune to prise them away.

Zaha, for the price Crystal Palace quoted Newcastle? Good Lord no. Curtis Davies? I've heard nothing but bad things about him.

Beyond this country, as I said, is where the club needs to look. This goal of having 50% of the team from the academy is a brilliant idea, and I like it, but that's a dream. The objective is promotion, and we need to use all the tools at our disposal to achieve it. If that means ignoring English talent for now, so be it.

You know the market is ****ed when Lukas is moving for £2m and Darren Gibson for 800k

Always been like that,it's called strikermania,I blame Roy of the Rovers, if he'd been a centre half strikers would be 2 a penny.

If you look at the history of outrageously expensive strikers you'll see that there have been some spectacular busts.

West ham supporting mate just text saying they've agreed a deal for Rhodes. £5m+ add ons and £35k a week. Yes £35k a week!

They are welcome to him. Sam Allardyce really has no idea on transfers does he.

Don't knock it though, thats another 17K a week for HMRC not to mention the million or so VAT that they'll take off of the transfer fee. Overpaid,overpriced footballers are just a way of channeling overseas (or offshore) money into the UK's treasury.

West ham supporting mate just text saying they've agreed a deal for Rhodes. £5m+ add ons and £35k a week. Yes £35k a week!

And if he continues to score the goals that he has this season then they will gain 90m next season.

Bad gamble, not!

And if he continues to score the goals that he has this season then they will gain 90m next season.

Bad gamble, not!

Not surprised at the salary, they're supposed to be paying Ryoichi Maeda about 1.5 million euros a year, if they get a work permit for him that is, guess they figure he's got about the same status as Tadanari so if we can get one they can get one.

He doesn't need to know anything about transfers - It's the owners that will offer the silly money.

But Rhodes isn't going to score 5 goals a game against real defences that's the point.

Of course he won't but he will more than certain score goals for them like Lambert has done for us this season, Infact some will say Lambert has found it easier this season which does suggests Rhodes could.

Obviously they're going down the Japanese Rd as well then,Maeda will be signing for them today or tomorrow and then they'll be getting their work permit panel hearing within a week or so.Heard it here first.Perhaps West Ham's fans will be as unimpressed as the majority of our fans seem to be.

Of course he won't but he will more than certain score goals for them like Lambert has done for us this season, Infact some will say Lambert has found it easier this season which does suggests Rhodes could.

What like Sam Baldock....another of our previous targets has???

Doesn't mean anything, look at Billy Painter and Charlie Austin as 2 more examples.

Its a gamble...fine if its not your money and Big Sam can but don't believe Cortese has the money at his disposal.

Take away his 5 (or is it 6 penalties) and Lambert's strike record become good but not exceptional, those 30 yd free kicks aren't fooling many NPC keepers any more now are they.Lambert has a structure around him that makes him likely to score,without that structure he'd be pretty average, do West Ham have a structure like that? I don't really know enough about them to say yay or nay to that. If Guly took our penalties with Lambertian precision he'd be on 14 (or 15) League goals and Lambert would be on 10, so who's the better striker of those 2 then?

Ryan Noble, the Sunderland striker, is being sent out on loan to either the east midlands or the south coast.

One to keep an eye on.

If that's the guy that's been on loan at Carlisle, he's highly rated up there. Thought he was more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker though? Still, would be wasted on the skates (can they afford him?) and would be an addition to add some spark and movement to a talented but corpulent side.

Not too upset about LJ going to Boro although he'll do okay but we do need to get a move on with bringing players in. 4-5-1 and try and squeeze a point tomorrow or nick one on the break at Forest, they will be in better heart after their big win at Ipswich.

If that's the guy that's been on loan at Carlisle, he's highly rated up there. Thought he was more of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker though? Still, would be wasted on the skates (can they afford him?) and would be an addition to add some spark and movement to a talented but corpulent side.

Not too upset about LJ going to Boro although he'll do okay but we do need to get a move on with bringing players in. 4-5-1 and try and squeeze a point tomorrow or nick one on the break at Forest, they will be in better heart after their big win at Ipswich.

Don't think so, that's Liam Noble who's signed for Carlisle on a permanent basis now I think.Ryan Noble seems to be a striker who's been on loan at Derby and Watford at times in these last couple of years. The sort of loan signing that wouldn't surprise me in fact.

I see DAvid Cotterill was released by Swansea. 24 year old winger, once deemed good enough for Wigan to pay £2million for him. Granted had a spell on loan at the Skates last season but for free, would he be minimal risk to cover our wing positions at a good age? Having never seen him play, this isn't a HCDAJFU, more of a general musing.

I see DAvid Cotterill was released by Swansea. 24 year old winger, once deemed good enough for Wigan to pay £2million for him. Granted had a spell on loan at the Skates last season but for free, would he be minimal risk to cover our wing positions at a good age? Having never seen him play, this isn't a HCDAJFU, more of a general musing.

I personally don't think we're looking for cover though, we're looking for players who can come straight in and improve us. We already have cover with Holmes and Forte to a degree, we want better now.

Some football rumours account on Twitter saying we're willing to bid £5million for Victor Moses. Probably bs.

Probably is bs.

Read he has a bit of a problem regarding a new contract at Wigan,although I seem to remember him saying he was happy there after some of the speculation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4039588/Victor-Moses-in-limbo-over-new-Wigan-deal.html

But two other things:

- there was Prem club interest

- his agent - Finnigan - is the same as Puncheon's, so can't see him being too keen to see his client sign for us after the Puncheon debacle.

Text on solent - ''Sam Vokes and Lukas are saints fans and exactly the type of players we need''

really....really?...If they weren't saints fans would you even be that bothered about them? Didn't think so.

Plus the fact that Lukas has already joined Boro....