The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

Craig Gordon available on loan and out of contract in the summer. Lost his way at Sunderland and suffered with injuries, but I thought he looked fantastic when he first joined Sunderland. Might be worth considering now or in the summer so long as the wages aren't crazy (which they probably are right now).

Think he's on about £30k p/w, which is above what we're paying for wages now. Would be an excellent signing though.

bar some cover in central defence and perhaps some competition for fraser, I think as a squad, we're quite balanced now!

with falque and lee, if the window closed tonight, I would be pretty hopeful for the rest of the campaign.

I like your style

bar some cover in central defence and perhaps some competition for fraser, I think as a squad, we're quite balanced now!

with falque and lee, if the window closed tonight, I would be pretty hopeful for the rest of the campaign.

I think just 1 more option up front - then I'd be well happy.

Think he's on about £30k p/w, which is above what we're paying for wages now. Would be an excellent signing though.
ouch. perhaps in the summer? I've backed Kelvin for years, but this guy might improve us next season.

buy another and we'll not see Lee get his chance. Connelly and Lambert will get us promoted.

I'd love to see Conners last the pace, but I still think he'll pick up niggles and knocks.

TBH the loan window will come in handy to cover that if required I guess.

I'd be inclined to use the emergency loan window. We don't want too many on the books weighing us down financially and perhaps even confusing Adkins. Too much choice might cause a problem we don't have right now. Lambert and Connelly. Guly and Lee as reserve. There are options there and with the lad from Spurs and Lallana offering options in the hole we have the firepower.

Maybe it wasn't to start the season but do you really think that come January 1st when we're top of the league there was no change of priorities? Dalek the trolling isn't funny anymore.

I have said before, that I think the club has a plan and they will not pay over-inflated prices for players. Therefore they are content to build slowly and if it means waiting another season two, so be it. I am sure the players are aware of the plan and are happy with it. I do not think they will desert the club if we fail to win promotion this year. Quite frankly, I worry about some supporters on this site slitting their wrists at the ned of the season if we fail to go up. I always felt this seaon was bout consolidation, 17th would have been decent anything above is a real achievement FFS !

Yes, as i said anything above 17th would be decent, but I doubt we will get promoted this season.

- It would take a massive collapse to even fall out of the play contention. Saints have 60 points left to play for and are only 25 behind the point total needed last season for 6th place. 6 wins, 7 draws and 7 defeats would do that from the remaining 20 games.

- To come 10th as I've now seen you say in another thread would only need 17 points out of the 60 available based on last season. 4 wins, 5 draws, 11 defeats would do that from the remaining 20 games.

I think you are failing to realise that given Saints already have 50 points, for them to drop down the table as you think it would need a catastrophic final 20 games as teams below will struggle to catch upto 50 points and then better what Saints pick up in the remaining games.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Can't wait to see this Spurs lad in action, he's supposed to be unreal technically - but a couple of people I've spoken to are unsure how he can cope with the physical side of it.

I'm excited about him also.

To be fair, i still think with a run of games, de ridder can be very effective, come dangerous!

Things shaping up nicely...

I'm excited about him also.

To be fair, i still think with a run of games, de ridder can be very effective, come dangerous!

Things shaping up nicely...

De Ridder was excellent in the 2 home Christmas fixtures IMO, and finally started to show his true form. Then he got injured....bit frustrating, but the quality is there.

Well Yago Falque was a waste of time based on last nights evidence. He may be technically brilliant but if he's not us to the speed and physicality of the Championship there is not much point. Can we send him back to Spurs I wonder?!

Here's a list of targets we should be after - and maybe could actually sign - Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Adam Hammill, Sam Vokes, Matt Kilgallon, and maybe Charlie Austin.

You will get crucified for mentioning Adam Hammill on here, although I agree with you, he is proven in the league and my Barnsley supporting mate often says he was by far and away their best player. Be useful cover if we could get him on loan.

Am I correct in thinking that Sharpe did actually want to come to us?

100% yes he does.

They spoke to him a week before Xmas and he said this is what I want a week to play for you.

He's never heard a word since, but that was from the end of last week.

I have no new updates as I've not seen the guy since then.

If we signed Matt phillips, Billy Sharp and Curtis Davies, £12million -we would go up. Offer Punch as part of the deal for Phillips and Brum desperately need the money. £12mill is a hell of a lot of money, but not anywhere near as much as promotion!

Wouldn't need anything like 12m to secure their services - much better players available for that money.

If we signed Matt phillips, Billy Sharp and Curtis Davies, £12million -we would go up. Offer Punch as part of the deal for Phillips and Brum desperately need the money. £12mill is a hell of a lot of money, but not anywhere near as much as promotion!
Cardiff had a bid of 500k turned down for Phillips yesterday. Not suprised!

Here's a list of targets we should be after - and maybe could actually sign - Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Adam Hammill, Sam Vokes, Matt Kilgallon, and maybe Charlie Austin.

Christ on a bike, why are people so obsessed with Vokes? According to the Football League website he has scored 2 goals for Burnley this season and 1 in the League cup for Wolves. He can barely get into Burnley's side, so why would we want him. People are just obsessed because he is a Saints fan.