The official unofficial January transfer targets thread..

SB

Text on solent - ''Sam Vokes and Lukas are saints fans and exactly the type of players we need''

really....really?...If they weren't saints fans would you even be that bothered about them? Didn't think so.

Makes me despair, it really does. What a ****ing idiot.

If that person had his way we'd have Clare bloody Balding playing for us - she's apparently a fan.

Were we linked with him before? I don't recall seeing anything...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/7436829/Foxes-join-Vardy-hunt

I mentioned Vardy back up the thread because he was very, very impressive in Fleetwood's cup tie against Blackpool - not "flash in the pan" impressive but extremely good at a whole bunch of things, and against a decent-ish marker.

I recognize the big gap between league and non-league but I'd definitely take a punt on him.

I mentioned Vardy back up the thread because he was very, very impressive in Fleetwood's cup tie against Blackpool - not "flash in the pan" impressive but extremely good at a whole bunch of things, and against a decent-ish marker.

I recognize the big gap between league and non-league but I'd definitely take a punt on him.

yes but he's been on Desperate Scousewives so that rules him out completely - he asked one of the wannabe WAGS out so obviously has no judgement!

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and/or Adam Hammill on loan? Wolves supposedly want to move them on or out of the club. Although I think Tandanari and Yago have probably covered the same bases as those two would.

other than a defender - Kilgallon on loan? - I think that's probably it for us this window.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and/or Adam Hammill on loan? Wolves supposedly want to move them on or out of the club. Although I think Tandanari and Yago have probably covered the same bases as those two would.

other than a defender - Kilgallon on loan? - I think that's probably it for us this window.

What on earth would we want with pie boy Hammill? I think a lot of fans don't realise just how good our midfield is right now.If you can't get a game for wolves you won't get a game for Saints.

What on earth would we want with pie boy Hammill? I think a lot of fans don't realise just how good our midfield is right now.If you can't get a game for wolves you won't get a game for Saints.

He's improved a hell of a lot since his ill-fated spell on loan with us. Had a cracking season with Barnsley then moved to Wolves for a few mil and did well there for a bit. Now that they've got Jarvis and Hunt playing every game on the wings I guess Hammill's getting fed up with the lack of first-team football. Our midfield is amazing, but he would definitely improve our options on the wings.

The reason we have done well the passed 2 years is because we havent relied on has beens like Kilgallon and Ebanks Blake. Leave them for Ipswich and Leicester.

We will be after more hungry players keen to prove themselves.

This

Of what? Hungry players? Lambert, Hammond, Cork, Hooiveld...Falque, Hooper, Rodriguez...still have more to achieve and on the up

Waste of money has beens - Bowyer, Konchesky, Chopra, Carew...

Norwich or Swansea left those types well alone and Im glad we have!

OK then - Hooper and Rodrigues - that's two. Any others you can think of that might be (honestly) realistic?

Bit of a silly question. Any player who has potential and desire to improve....there are loads, thats what our scouting department will do!

I agree there are loads, but not necessarily loads available to us for whatever reason. If that were the case our transfer dealings would be done and dusted by now I might imagine. Let's not forget we're clearly planning to go up - this in itself will limit the type of player we might look at (i.e. no point bringing in a NPC level player now unless we're completely desperate in a given position, which we're not).

The reason we have done well the passed 2 years is because we havent relied on has beens like Kilgallon and Ebanks Blake. Leave them for Ipswich and Leicester.

We will be after more hungry players keen to prove themselves.

Not a bad theory actually, but would I take a fully fit and interested Sylvan Ebanks-Blake? Maybe, he did well for Wolves and Plymouth at this level. From what I've heard and seen though he's a rather cumbersome fellow and it's not all muscle.

Not related to us, but Leeds could be about to lose their captain....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7439935/Canaries-agree-Howson-fee

A quick look at the Leeds forum and they are going mad. Big boycott of all remaining games being planned apparently, as the rumour is that the money from this sale is going into a fund setup by Ken Bates, not back into players to improve the squad.

Ken Bates is totally ruining them to be honest. Shame really, cause they could have used their momentum from L1 better than they have. They'll probably be in relegation trouble in another 18months if they're not careful as Snodgrass is probably next.

A quick look at the Leeds forum and they are going mad. Big boycott of all remaining games being planned apparently, as the rumour is that the money from this sale is going into a fund setup by Ken Bates, not back into players to improve the squad.

Ken Bates is totally ruining them to be honest. Shame really, cause they could have used their momentum from L1 better than they have. They'll probably be in relegation trouble in another 18months if they're not careful as Snodgrass is probably next.

Agreed. I'd happily take Snodgrass off their hands for them. Fantastic player.

Norwich are being very sensible with their signings, Howson will do well. Lots of good young British talent, they're a proper team so good luck to them. Pretty much the anti-QPR or West Ham, just short-termist teams of mercenaries from top to bottom. No idea why any fans would want that.

The way Lambert has built that team is really clever. Similar in many ways to what we're trying to do IMO.

Teddy Mazague?

CB playing in france at the mo. Just saw his name popup on twitter as a possible link.

Also saw it on the footy rumours website so not sure where it was first.

Seems the sort of player we would go for though and he's Tunisian. Recommended by Jaidi perhaps?

Not really. Norwich are much more decisive in the transfer market.

After 26 games in the Championship last season Norwich City were 4th with 44 points, 42 goals scored GD of +8.

Saints after 26 games are 1st with 50 points, 50 goals scored GD of +22.

You doth complain too much Mr Dalek and make very bad comparisons. Go and watch the video I showed you again, it might cheer you up.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Is that why last season after 26 games in the Championship Norwich were 4th with 44 points, 37 goals scored GD of 8?

Saints after 26 games are 1st with 50 points, 50 goals scored GD of 22.

You doth complain too much Mr Dalek and make very bad comparisons. Go and watch the video I showed you again, it might cheer you up.

You have made a good point but I don't see that you have in any way given evidence that challenges my statement. BTW Norwich may have been lower in the league this time last year but most importantly they finished strongly and appear to be doing well this season. I can only hope that we are in a similar position, or better in 12 months time. Time will tell !

You have made a good point but I don't see that you have in any way given evidence that challenges my statement. BTW Norwich may have been lower in the league this time last year but most importantly they finished strongly and appear to be doing well this season. I can only hope that we are in a similar position, or better in 12 months time. Time will tell !

You said the same 12 months ago.....

We won't be if we finish 17th.

Either you have a great memory or you are making that up. Anyway, the next 3 or 4 games will surely indicate if we are going to hold on to a top 2 place or that we are on a slide.

I expect its the former, as it would prove you were wrong, AGAIN.

I expect its the former, as it would prove you were wrong, AGAIN.

No, I am most often right. It is just that i make bold and assertive statements that do sometimes go wrong. Rather that than running with the crowd and blowing with the wind like some of the bland posters on this forum, honestly they have more characteristics of the glory hunter than they might imagine.

No, I am most often right. It is just that i make bold and assertive statements that do sometimes go wrong. Rather that than running with the crowd and blowing with the wind like some of the bland posters on this forum, honestly they have more characteristics of the glory hunter than they might imagine.

When have ever been right?

It's odd when i tell you to name your price about your prediction you all of a sudden shirk away.