Worst movie of all time

Dr Who?

I actually think Star Wars is a genuinely crappy film.

I disagree generally, but I'll admit that its ropey in places. Perhaps its no coincidence that this was the only one of the original trilogy written and directed entirely by George Lucas. I recall that Harrison Ford moaned about the amount of dialogue they were trying to get into a single scene.

The movie is redeemed by amazing visuals, a beautiful soundtrack, some great performances and the fact that it sets up the sequels, both superior to the original. Lucas was pulled from directorial duties, and also pulled in Lawrence Kasdan to do the screenplays.

Incidentally, Lucas had complete creative control of the prequels due to the spunkwad of cash he made from the originals. Whatever problems the first Star Wars had, it's an infinitely better film than any of the prequels.

I disagree generally, but I'll admit that its ropey in places. Perhaps its no coincidence that this was the only one of the original trilogy written and directed entirely by George Lucas. I recall that Harrison Ford moaned about the amount of dialogue they were trying to get into a single scene.

The movie is redeemed by amazing visuals, a beautiful soundtrack, some great performances and the fact that it sets up the sequels, both superior to the original. Lucas was pulled from directorial duties, and also pulled in Lawrence Kasdan to do the screenplays.

Incidentally, Lucas had complete creative control of the prequels due to the spunkwad of cash he made from the originals. Whatever problems the first Star Wars had, it's an infinitely better film than any of the prequels.

Harrison Ford's objection was more about quality than quantity. He said: 'George, you can write this sh!t, but you sure can't say it.'

Can't believe 'Braveheart' hasn't been mentioned - utter sh1te. Won Best Picture oscar too. Agree 'Blair Witch Project' most disappointing film after the hype

Braveheart ? Well as a Englishman there's something deeply objectionable in it's crude anti-English bias and a overly fastidious care for historical accuracy is a crime it's unlikely to be accused of, but compared to what the Germans (and Red Indians for that matter) have had to put up with from Hollywood over the years we've gotten off easily I suppose.

As for it's highly impressive battle scenes. these are in my opinion the most horrifically savage portrayals of medieval warfare I've ever seen committed to film. For that reason alone, this film surely does not deserve a place on this list.

I'm not looking to pick a fight but just to expand on our difference of opinion, I also thought that Blair Witch was (in a era dominated by mainstream 'slashers') easily the most interesting horror film to emerge for a generation - or more.

Sometimes being in a relationship means you have to waste 2 hours of your life at a time watching the ****test films known to man, whilst she has the audacity to turn her nose up at films like The Crow.My list of best worst films includes:

Charlie's Angels 2

The Sweetest Thing

Moulin Rouge

Date Movie

Batman and Robin

Like someone else said some films are bad, but they know they're bad so they end up being amusing and easy to watch, like Snakes On A Plane and Army of Darkness.

Slipstream - Mark Hamill's follow-up to Star Wars. Just... WHY?

A River Runs Through It - Yawn. Best performances by the fish...

Moulin Rouge - Utterly Ridiculous

Forrest Gump - Saw this on a plane coming back from the Canary Islands. Plane full of mystified Brits and one Yank (the only one laughing) who was one of those bit-part actors who was in 3 or 4 Bond films.

Commando - What was the total bodycount anyway?

I nominate any of the Harry Potter films, terrible acting and terrible plots but then they are kids films. My missus made me watch them all but she still refuses to watch Pulp Fiction which I regard as one of the greatest films ever made.

I would also like to put forward Short Circuit 2. We had a childhood film nostalgia trip a while back and we watched both the Short Circuit films. The second one is utter gash and simply a way for them try and squeeze the last bit of income out of the franchise.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Far from the Madding Crowd.

Yes I know it makes me sound like a Philistine pleb but I could have cheerfully stuck pins in my eyes rather than see it. As it was, I fell asleep in the middle. Not soon enough though.

Far from the Madding Crowd.

Yes I know it makes me sound like a Philistine pleb but I could have cheerfully stuck pins in my eyes rather than see it. As it was, I fell asleep in the middle. Not soon enough though.

Have to strongly disagree. Great film (and highly under-rated). How could it miss with this cast: Julie Christie (yum!), Peter Finch, Alan Bates, and Terence Stamp. Beautifully filmed on the Dorset Coast (I visited several of the shooting locations near Durdle Door and Chesil Beach in 2009).

Perhaps it's the Thomas Hardy-factor that turns you off. His plots can be quite depressing - emphasising the cruel hand of fate, etc., etc.

But this is one of the films/Tv productions based on his books that I really liked!

Never seen Clockwork Orange, but the other three films you mention are class.

If you don't agree with me, I'll make you my dog's bi.tch :D

I was on a wind up, as someone said pulp were the worst band ever, and there reason was they are allowed their own opinion! So I started this thread! All class films mate.

Honestly, give clockwork orange a watch, you will like it.

Hmmm. Is that you in your avatar Dr Who? Because if it is, I am confused why you appear to be wearing a top with a caricature of the two main characters in a film you consider to be among the worst of all time. Is it supposed to be ironic?

Is me, was on the wind up, for the utter rubbish that some people spout on here. Love all those films. The worst I have seen is run away train!

I do not think it is possible for anyone to hate ALL of the classics in my list? But is it really possible to think that Pulp are the worst band EVER? You might not like their stuff, but the worst ever?!

Anyway, there are many terrible films. The middle of last year me and the wife went to seea film about alians that came down to earth, and in the end the woman was pregnant with one of the aliens babies, she was seem as one of them and was on the alien ship..... It was crazy. Cannot remember the name of it now!

Commando - What was the total bodycount anyway?

Commando is an all-time cheese classic. By far my favourite thing about the film happened before the events of the film, chiefly, the moment when Arnie's character decided to name his daughter something he could not pronounce himself.

"I must rescue Ch-enny!"

Classic.

I was on a wind up, as someone said pulp were the worst band ever, and there reason was they are allowed their own opinion! So I started this thread! All class films mate.

Honestly, give clockwork orange a watch, you will like it.

Is there anything worse than a poster starting a thread with an opinion that they don't believe in - just to be on a wind-up? And then they come on later asking not to be patronised by someone who takes their opinion to be sincere.

Jeez. As my mother would put it: "Say what you mean and mean what you say."

Is there anything worse than a poster starting a thread with an opinion that they don't believe in - just to be on a wind-up? And then they come on later asking not to be patronised by someone who takes their opinion to be sincere.

Jeez. As my mother would put it: "Say what you mean and mean what you say."

Yes there are many more worse things.

Well I'd vote for Catch 22.

Got the DVD for Xmas a few years ago. Big disappointment.

How anyone can squander the wonderful raw material from the book on what is a confused (not in a good way) mess, is beyond me.

Got to time for a remake.

Yeah, it's a stinker! Amazing really, when you see who was involved: directed by Mike Nichols, scriptwriters were Joseph Heller and Buck Henry.

Have been bored to sleep whilst watching these 2 films..

Inception & Elf

Not Elf bro! I laughed my arse off at that bit where he walks into the big meeting with Miles Finch and goes "I didn't know you had Elves working here?" hahahaha! Also when he's in his dad's office and the phone rings and he picks it up and says, "Buddy the Elf, what's your favourite colour?"

Inception you were supposed to be bored to sleep, that's what it was about!

• 1 year later...

How do I get back the two or more hours of my life it took to watch 'The Master' by PT Anderson, with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix? What an absolute bag of w a n k. Nothing happened. Nothing happened. If suspense is waiting to see of the entire film you've watched so far is actually going to go anywhere then I suppose it was suspenseful. And an absolute bag of w a n k. Pretentious, meandering, self important drivel. I've read a few reviews that go the whole 'if you didn't like it then you didn't understand it' route, but they are talking out of their ar ses. He's a great director but that can't change the fact that this movie was an absolute, saggy, soggy, squelching, slightly crusty bag of w a n k.

To recap. The emperor has no clothes on. And he's wa nk ing into a bag.

There are plenty to choose from and I must admit I'm sick to death of the endless steam of Hollywood superhero movies - which are basicly the same story repeated ad infinitum. But the only time I've ever been forced to walk out of a cinima half way through a movie was when I went to see Ocean's 12 a few years ago - so far up its own arse its boots were tickling its overrated chin.

George Clooney owes me a fiver the git.

#

We had to leave halfway through as there was a power cut and we were told we could rebook - we never did - what a pile of doggy dooo!

To ask which is the worst film of all time (or the worst album) is not of much interest. There are hundreds and hundreds of films to choose from. How can you discriminate meaningfully between loads and loads of films that are total crap?

Much more interesting, in my opinion, is to take a master in a particular field - David Lean, Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, for example - and ask what was their worst effort.

[Likewise, for music: what is the worst Beatles LP; the worst Rolling Stones LP, etc. ]

The worst of the best? Or the best of the worst? Much more intriguing!

Edited by Hamilton Saint