Worst movie of all time

Dr Who?

I would say

1. Pulp fiction

2. Train spotting

3. Reservoir dogs

4. Clockwork orange

Cannot think of any worse.

Never seen Clockwork Orange, but the other three films you mention are class.

If you don't agree with me, I'll make you my dog's bi.tch :D

There are plenty to choose from and I must admit I'm sick to death of the endless steam of Hollywood superhero movies - which are basicly the same story repeated ad infinitum. But the only time I've ever been forced to walk out of a cinima half way through a movie was when I went to see Ocean's 12 a few years ago - so far up its own arse its boots were tickling its overrated chin.

George Clooney owes me a fiver the git.

There are a lot of bad movies out there. I don't even go to the cinema anymore unless it's for my kids.

Most of the worst movies are Hollywood 'family movies'. Just thinking of the rap scene in Three Men and a Little Lady makes me twitch violently even 20 years on.

The Blair Witch Project was the most disappointing movie I've ever seen. After all that hype and it's just terrible.

I would say

1. Pulp fiction

2. Train spotting

3. Reservoir dogs

4. Clockwork orange

Really?! Whilst I'm not one of the cult film lovers or Tarantino bummers, those films are all good, particularly Clockwork Orange. Do you dislike them because there is so much hype about them?

I think one of the worst films has to be Ghost rider, but I do love it because it's so bad and therefore hilarious:

I would say

1. Pulp fiction

2. Train spotting

3. Reservoir dogs

4. Clockwork orange

Hmmm. Is that you in your avatar Dr Who? Because if it is, I am confused why you appear to be wearing a top with a caricature of the two main characters in a film you consider to be among the worst of all time. Is it supposed to be ironic?

Hmmm. Is that you in your avatar Dr Who? Because if it is, I am confused why you appear to be wearing a top with a caricature of the two main characters in a film you consider to be among the worst of all time. Is it supposed to be ironic?

I have known Dr Who? since we were seven years old.

That is him, and he does not have a working TARDIS.

This is possibly the worst film I've ever seen, it was on the Horror Channel a few months back. Although I have to say it was so bad it was funny.

megasn6.jpeg

I love all this stuff. Most of it comes from a studio that set out to make crap like this.

My favourite is Mega-Shark vs Giant Octopus, which stars Debbie Gibson.

Independence day

They spent more money advertising it than making the move

No way Ruffo ID is a great movie. I always watch it whenever it's on. I like all the bits where stuff is getting blown up and that bit where that retarded stripper is partying up on the roof flashing her nawks right up until she gets fried by the big-ass laser. And that time Will Smith pops that alien in the head and is like, "Welcome to earth, *****" and when the Fly takes down the whole intergallactic LAN which his Macbook is like so awesome.

No way Ruffo ID is a great movie. I always watch it whenever it's on. I like all the bits where stuff is getting blown up and that bit where that retarded stripper is partying up on the roof flashing her nawks right up until she gets fried by the big-ass laser. And that time Will Smith pops that alien in the head and is like, "Welcome to earth, *****" and when the Fly takes down the whole intergallactic LAN which his Macbook is like so awesome.

Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day is the greatest computer programmer the world has ever seen. Not only was he able to construct a computer virus capable of taking out an alien defence system, he also had the time to put a skull and crossbones on the screen and make it laugh.

All hail Jeff, and hats off to the aliens for using interoperable technologies!

Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day is the greatest computer programmer the world has ever seen. Not only was he able to construct a computer virus capable of taking out an alien defence system, he also had the time to put a skull and crossbones on the screen and make it laugh.

All hail Jeff, and hats off to the aliens for using interoperable technologies!

Word. It's pretty clear that when the aliens came to earth for Roswell they hung around to create Apple Computers and make a buck-load of money. Probably the aliens were controlling Steve Jobs with that mind control thing and that's why Goldblums Macbook is compatible with their computer system because they used their own OS. Won't make that mistake again will you aliens????

Anybody that hasn't said "Epic Movie"...

a)Hasn't seen it - if you had, you'd be voting it worst movie of all time...

and

b)Are very lucky that you haven't seen it...

...because it's the biggest load of toss that has ever been made. Epic Movie - so much irony in that title.

Word. It's pretty clear that when the aliens came to earth for Roswell they hung around to create Apple Computers and make a buck-load of money. Probably the aliens were controlling Steve Jobs with that mind control thing and that's why Goldblums Macbook is compatible with their computer system because they used their own OS. Won't make that mistake again will you aliens????

The problem is, they will. If what you say is true (thus far I have no reason to dispute it), they are the original Mac lovers. They hail from a world with no corners where every surface is brushed aluminium. I fear that they would sooner take oblivion over choosing another OS.

Anybody that hasn't said "Epic Movie"...

a)Hasn't seen it - if you had, you'd be voting it worst movie of all time...

and

b)Are very lucky that you haven't seen it...

...because it's the biggest load of toss that has ever been made. Epic Movie - so much irony in that title.

Actually - yup

And the same franchise's version of Van Helsing was pretty grim as well

The problem is, they will. If what you say is true (thus far I have no reason to dispute it), they are the original Mac lovers. They hail from a world with no corners where every surface is brushed aluminium. I fear that they would sooner take oblivion over choosing another OS.

:lol:

I mainly try to avoid anything associated with this one guy called McG. You always know if he's involved because his name comes up massive in the opening credits and that's usually my cue to get up and walk out of the cinema because you know with absolute certainty that everything to follow is going to be soulless, mechanical crap. I read somewhere that McG is actually a computer programme Hollywood use because it's cheaper than hiring real Directors and because it always, always comes in on budget. That would explain how it keeps getting employed despite the utter crap it's churning out like Charlies Angels and Terminator:Salvation.

The thing is that some 'bad' movies are, as been mentioned above, so awful they somehow manage to be entertaining, ( in a beer fuelled Saturday night with pizza sort of way ) - the classic example is probably Snakes on a Plane. Far worse are 'serious' films with a 'message' that just fail epically on every level; for me something like The Day After Tomorrow is truly carp.

The thing is that some 'bad' movies are, as been mentioned above, so awful they somehow manage to be entertaining, ( in a beer fuelled Saturday night with pizza sort of way ) - the classic example is probably Snakes on a Plane. Far worse are 'serious' films with a 'message' that just fail epically on every level; for me something like The Day After Tomorrow is truly carp.

Contact.

That's a heap. Along the lines of what you're saying about films with messages.

I'd like to nominate Star Wars (1977). Not because it was "the worst movie of all time", but because it marked the shift of the U.S. film industry ("Hollywood") away from a central focus on making films for grown-ups to making films for adolescents and children. A shift away from interesting stories and fine acting to films dominated by action and non-stop special effects. A shift from diegetic sound in films to non-diegetic sound - that is, OTT music and post-production sound-effects.

I'd like to nominate Star Wars (1977). Not because it was "the worst movie of all time", but because it marked the shift of the U.S. film industry ("Hollywood") away from a central focus on making films for grown-ups to making films for adolescents and children. A shift away from interesting stories and fine acting to films dominated by action and non-stop special effects. A shift from diegetic sound in films to non-diegetic sound - that is, OTT music and post-production sound-effects.

I'd never really thought of this angle. How depressing.

I would say

1. Pulp fiction

2. Train spotting

3. Reservoir dogs

4. Clockwork orange

This is a wind up right? Pulp fiction is one of the best films ever made IMO. And if you don't get / appreciate A clockwork orange, then I feel sorry for you, I really do.

I actually think Star Wars is a genuinely crappy film.

Insofar as "worst movie of all time" actually means a movie that is highly rated by others but I don't get it i saw this one the other day called Drive which had been getting critical acclaim and an implausibly high IMDB rating and... I don't get it.

About 90% of the film is about this guy staring vacantly into the middle distance while weird synth music plays in the background. He doesn't have any conversations with anyone or stuff he just stands there gormlessly while they talk. Occassionally he has mega bad violent fits of rage and stamps on someone's head or something, then he immediately goes back to staring gormlessly into the middle distance, and saying nothing. He's played by that Ran Gosling who is pretty good at looking gormless, but after about 90 minutes or so it does become a little tiresome.

Actually it just occurred to me that maybe the character Gosling is playing is supposed to be retarded. It kind of fits, the innarticulation, the fits of frustrated violence. That's pretty cool actually. I mind have to watch it again, maybe it was an indie Forest Gump.

I would say

1. Pulp fiction

2. Train spotting

3. Reservoir dogs

4. Clockwork orange

I hate to say this, but you couldn't be much more wrong than you are with those choices. You might not like those films, but they all represent revolutions in contemporary filmmaking.

This is possibly the worst film I've ever seen, it was on the Horror Channel a few months back. Although I have to say it was so bad it was funny.

megasn6.jpeg

The Horror Channel does have some truely awful films on it, although check out "Simon Says" that's quality.