Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Well, so much for the club being up for sale, the manager on the verge of the sack and NC buggering off on holiday and leaving everything static

And who was keen on pushing this nonsense ? The silent stirrer Fitzhugh Fella who has continually said he has no agenda.

This won't happen. Tottenham couldn't agree terms with Ramirez' rep's so we've no chance. Probably just agents trying to stir up interest. Hope I'm wrong though!

There are direct quotes from the player saying...

"It's the classic offer you can not refuse. I have 4 years of contract figures important. They give me so much money that I put in my life and the whole family."

Sounds like personal terms already sorted to me.

There are direct quotes from the player saying...

"It's the classic offer you can not refuse. I have 4 years of contract figures important. They give me so much money that I put in my life and the whole family."

Sounds like personal terms already sorted to me.

Yeah but we had that with Buttner, and so much is lost in those translated quotes. Where is that quote from out of interest?

Yeah but we had that with Buttner, and so much is lost in those translated quotes. Where is that quote from out of interest?

He's clearly wanting to come to us, if you read through the Ramirez thread there are loads of quotes from him. We're clearly also breaking the bank to sign him, just a matter of it being signed I think.

In other transfer news (I'm sure it must have been mentioned at the start of summer) Jose Bosingwa joins QPR. Good signing for them, I might have to raise my expectations of them this season.

Kevin Mirallas is poised to join Everton. A good signing for them if it goes through. Belgian international winger for £6million. Is Ramirez twice as good for the money? One can only hope so. (If it goes through of course, touching wood.)

He made a comment about only making offers for players of a certain quality...was telling IMO - they would rather wait for quality than take mediocre players.

Did he say how long they were going to wait? Only, he recognised it as a problem a couple of months ago, I hope he's not planning on waiting another few months for reinforcements.

Did he say how long they were going to wait? Only, he recognised it as a problem a couple of months ago, I hope he's not planning on waiting another few months for reinforcements.

He did. He said he would happily wait to get the right quality on the last day of the window if needed. In fact he said he thinks most of the deals will happen in the last two days and that the Euros and Olympics have delayed things.

He was very positive about getting quality players in.

They asked if he was still looking to get 2 Cb's in and he answered that 1 would be nice at the moment! I got the impression he realises that going with the current crop of CB's after Sept isn't really an option.

This probably is the correct thread but rather than start a new one I've added it here.

The Times today said that the Premier League have stated that Pitch Sizes must be the same size this year i.e. 105m by 68m (if possible i.e. no stands).

The biggest losers will be Stoke who's pitch size was only 100m x 64m last season for league games.

The Premier League site says that St Marys was only 102.41m by 65.84m last season so it appears there may be a change in some of the lines for this season.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/profile.stadium.html/southampton

This might be a reason that sides are looking to "smaller players who can hold and run with the ball" rather than "big physical players".

The PL have also said that all sides must use the Nike's Maxim ball.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/nike-unveils-new-maxim-ball.html

This probably is the correct thread but rather than start a new one I've added it here.

The Times today said that the Premier League have stated that Pitch Sizes must be the same size this year i.e. 105m by 68m (if possible i.e. no stands).

The biggest losers will be Stoke who's pitch size was only 100m x 64m last season for league games.

The Premier League site says that St Marys was only 102.41m by 65.84m last season so it appears there may be a change in some of the lines for this season.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/profile.stadium.html/southampton

This might be a reason that sides are looking to "smaller players who can hold and run with the ball" rather than "big physical players".

The PL have also said that all sides must use the Nike's Maxim ball.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/nike-unveils-new-maxim-ball.html

The pitch was narrowed by about 4 metres a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure that the halfway line was moved slightly towards the chapel as I now look along it whereas I didn't when we first moved to St Mary's.

After seeing this:

"BBC Wales report that Swansea's Scott Sinclair, who has sparked transfer talk after stating he will not stay with them beyond the end of this season, is on the bench at QPR today"

What are the chances he comes here?

He will end up at Liverpool.

After seeing this:

"BBC Wales report that Swansea's Scott Sinclair, who has sparked transfer talk after stating he will not stay with them beyond the end of this season, is on the bench at QPR today"

What are the chances he comes here?

Although his brother is at Saints..there is a big interest from Man City..allegedly.

According to Nixon, the tale regarding the (i assume) CB we're after is in the printed version of the people tomorrow. And it will ''WOW'' us.

but it will be hard to do.

Complete b******s but long outside bet it's Alvaro Pereira, though he's a LB. Do think the vacant no.3 shirt suggests we're still after a LB.

Edited by shurlock

Long outside bet it's Alvaro Pereira, though he's a LB. Do think the vacant no.3 shirt suggests we're still after a LB.

Not sure. Adkins seemed fairly content with Shaw and Fox y/day.

Although we could be after a CB who can also play LB...in an emergency.

Not sure. Adkins seemed fairly content with Shaw and Fox y/day.

Although we could be after a CB who can also play LB...in an emergency.

Agree-CB's the priority. He's so confident that the story will raise eyebrows you can't but help think its a big name, especially as the ramirez has become the new normal. Not sure that any of the CBs we've been linked with to date eg Biyik tick that box.