Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I notice Newcastle have signed Anita from Ajax for 6m euros. Very good signing for them I reckon, thought he ran the show against us the other week.

Don't know why more clubs dont just follow Newcastles scouts around. Get some awesome deals done. Ba, Cisse, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Anita,

http://m.vi.nl/pl/svt/si/vi/po/kpnc2pay/sc/vi_allnews/dk/vi_mc.08-16-2012.0143/ms/ACLzinw8NH/r/1345122688/pa/238176

Not sure if that link will work as I'm on phone, but says we're back in for Buttner.

Transfer soap around Alexander Büttner gets a sequel. Southampton undertake a new attempt the 23-year-old left back to take away at Vitesse.

Büttner in Arnhem banished to the promises after a conflict over a transfer. His attempt by an arbitration case his exile to undo and a limited ransom to get failed Wednesday. On all fronts, he was unsuccessful.

But there is hope for a solution to the impasse Southampton as a new bid has deposited with Vitesse. A transition to The Saints bounced off a month ago on the requirement of Büttner an additional fee where all the parties to a settlement had been reached. Photo: VI Images

I just can't believe we'd sign all three of Buttner, Ramirez and Phillips. I think we are pawns in a grander scheme to secure Ramirez a more lucrative gig, but whether knowingly or not I don't know (Would NC entertain that??) - either two out of the three would be great however, although Ramirez is of course the "marquee" here. I think like everyone I'm pleased it is picking up and exciting at the prospect of these chaps turning out in red(and white). Could just do with that little bit more cover at the back but with Modric moving, Agger possibly and such like I would like to think the merry-go-round starts to gtaher pace after a Euro/Olympic filled delay.

Just like Matt Phillips isn't worth anywhere near £6m.

Makes me laugh. All week everyone's been apoplectic with lack of transfer activity and not splashing the cash/showing ambition etc. We make a proper bid for a player that 90% of us were saying we should sign and it's "bid too much", "not worth that", "waste of money!" Exactly the same happened with JRod and will probably happen with every other signing we make.

Correct, but given he is now playing for Scotland he isn't going to be getting any England caps. Jarvis probably won't either.

Don't know. If Jarvis goes to a bigger PL team I think he could be in with a shout. 8 goals for Wolves last term is impressive. But at 26 he's got to be thinking that his time is very fast running out.

I know that I'd prefer us to sign Jarvis than Phillips. Although either owuld be most welcome.

Matt Phillips has as many International caps as Jarvis....

I love it that Scotland are going for the Jack Charlton Rep of Ireland squad selection route by picking, well, Englishmen. Matt Phillips, Dan Fox, Jordan Rhodes; keep that going and we'll have a whole new B-team.

Phillips is much more suited to our system, plus has the pace we crave more than Jarvis.

Agreed. Phillips can only get better whereas jarvis probably reached near his peak. Phillips will cause defenders a lot more problems than jarvis. Just hope we can get him. We would then be 2 decent CB's away from a team that should be match for most.

I'd rather we sign Phillips than Jarvis purely on the basis that it'd p!$$ Holloway right off. Other than that, I'm not fussed really, although Phillips is younger and cheaper.

Phillips is stronger, quicker, younger and cheaper. No brainer for me.

I don't think there's a great deal between either player. Once Phillips gets a chance in the Pl I think he could have as good an impact, if not better.

Nixon on twitter -

Think a few things are a lot closer. Maybe three or four deals before window shuts. Maybe 20m spent.

That's apparently an additional £20m on top of the £10m we've already spent.

That's almost in line with the amount of players NA says he wants. Up to £20M would be an incredible amount based upon what we've spent so far.

Nixon on twitter -

Think a few things are a lot closer. Maybe three or four deals before window shuts. Maybe 20m spent.

Maybe Maybe Maybe. I can make up stuff with Maybe. Maybe we'll sign Lionel Messi. Maybe Rupert Lowe has been honing his centre back skills and is now all set to play for us. M

Nixon on twitter -

Phillips

CB

CB

possibly one other

Nixon also says he's saving something for The People on Sunday regarding a Saints transfer, said the player would be a big capture if it happens.

Phillips

CB

CB

possibly one other

Nixon also says he's saving something for The People on Sunday regarding a Saints transfer, said the player would be a big capture if it happens.

Yep, I saw that one. Would assume it's Gaston. - if it progresses, as he said anyway.

Gaston is about £12m, phillips £6m - so that's almost £20m eaten up already, which is why I think it's 1 of Gaston/Phillips and then 2x CB's.

I see Peter White doesn't think the Phillips deal will be done before the weekend.

Can't see any signings done before the weekend myself, left it too late now, and they wouldn't be involved at City anyway - maybe just from the bench if signed in time - so makes sense just taking a bit more time over it.

We'd struggle at City with a couple of new faces anyway...! Best to treat this as a bit of a bonus game.

Yep, I saw that one. Would assume it's Gaston. - if it progresses, as he said anyway.

Gaston is about £12m, phillips £6m - so that's almost £20m eaten up already, which is why I think it's 1 of Gaston/Phillips and then 2x CB's.

He said the article wasn't about Gaston and maintained from the time the rumour came up that Spurs were the frontrunners for him.